The Avengers VS The Martians

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

HellRider
The Avengers (MCU)

VS

The Martians (Mars Attacks!)

When the Tesseract opens the wormhole, the Martians attack New York City instead of the Chitauri.

The Avengers include:

Iron Man
Thor
Captain America
Hulk
Black Widow
Hawkeye
NYPD
National Guard

Martians include:

Saucers
Mech Walkers
Foot Soldiers

FIGHT!

Kazenji
Stupid thread

why would the Martians need the Tesseract when they're from Mars

and Avengers win.

HellRider
Stupid? I know the Martians wouldn't need the Tesseract to reach Earth. Thanks for stating the obvious. I'm not rewriting "The Avengers". It's simply a "what if" situation. You spent more words explaining why you think this thread is "stupid" instead of backing up your opinion on who would the battle.

But its ok. You can try again, mate.

Impediment
Okay, let's not flame one another and turn hostile, please.

The only reason the Avengers won is because of Iron Man flying the nuke into space and into the mother ship, thus causing all of the Chitauri to die all together. Major PIS, indeed.

I'm gonna have to lean towards the Martians due to their sheer numbers and tech.

MF DELPH
Yeah, I say Martians. They were actually outright genocidal in their attack and their weaponry vaporized their targets IIRC.

The aliens from Tom Cruise's War of the Worlds would likely massacre the Avengers as well, though eventually they'd all die of the flu.

KingD19
It turns out everyone in the Avengers except Cap has seen Mars Attacks! So they get Tony to make a super speaker that plays Indian Love Call nonstop.

Silent Master
A couple of school kids were taking out the Martians, the only reason the aliens were even a threat is because pretty much all the adults were morons.

KingD19
Yeah, they were like. "Do you come in peace?" -question asked after they've bombed several major cities-

wallman77
lol!!

HellRider
And even after the Martian Leader hit Gen. Decker with his shrink-ray and squashed him, President Dale STILL tried to make peace!

Well, they definitely won't be offering white doves in New York City so I'd give this win to The Avengers. Here's why...

-Iron Man's Mark VII should be able to tank some hits from the Martian ray-guns. Its weapon systems will definitely be able to crack their fragile glass helmets. Mech walkers and saucers will be tougher but his cutting laser is pretty powerful. His suit is also highly maneuverable. His only downside is the Mark VII running out of power.

-Thor will tank a lot of hits before he's in any real trouble. He trooped through Malekith's Aether-twister which really just slowed him down. He ate punches from the Hulk and shrugged them off. His only fear should be the Martian Leader's shrink-ray. Offensively he'll wreck the Martians. Hammer throws and chain-lightning all day.

-Captain America will face more trouble. He needs to avoid getting hit by death-rays. His shield will be able to reflect the death-rays back at the Martians. Offensively his shield will cut through the Martian foot soldiers. I can see him climbing a mech suit and figuring out how to disable it like he did with the Quinjet in TWS. If he can also utilize his great feats of strength, speed and agility he should be able to dance around the Martians. He may want to avoid the saucers but seeing him take one down would be really cool. Let's also not forget his courage and leadership will inspire his comrades to perform greater.

-The Hulk will be getting a sun burn from the Martian's ray-guns. We have yet to see anything do any lasting damage to Hulk. The Martians' only option is to pin him down like the Chitauri did but I doubt they can forever. Or somehow revert him back to Bruce Banner. Hulk will decimate the Martian Army.

-Black Widow really needs to watch her step. She can't get touched or else she's toast. Her chances of survival don't look too good but she's earned her place among Earth's Mightiest Heroes for a reason. As we've seen in "Mars Attacks!", bullets CAN pierce the Martians' glass helmets. She really should only be fighting the Martian soldiers. I can see her pulling a spy stunt like disguising herself as a Martian and getting on board a saucer warship to destroy it from inside. She's just like her name entails: a spider with a deadly sting. But spiders cannot withstand a literal stomp.

-Hawkeye. Oh Hawkeye. I give him more credit than most. He dodged one of Loki's staff blasts and jumped off a freakin' skyscraper to perform a John McClane stunt. He is very evasive. He'll be nesting a sniper position and picking off the Martian Soldiers one-by-one. Not to mention his quiver has a wide array of assorted tips such as explosive, frag, heat etc. He also needs a LOT of arrows. His best chances are staying hidden from Martians. Like Black Widow, he just needs to avoid death-rays at all costs.

-NYPD/National Guard are really just guys with guns. We saw what the Martians did to the U.S. army in the Nevada desert. They got ripped. As I stated, bullets do harm them. They just need to shoot the glass helmets. As KingD19 stated, a bunch of kids were taking them out. If they can get their hands on some ray-guns it might even the playing field. Other than that, they don't have much goin' for 'em.

---------

-The Martians have great numbers and deadly tech. Their ray-guns zapped people into skeletons. The mech walkers were pretty robust and powerful. Their saucers were pretty deadly. One took out a fighter jet with a quick zap. They also absorbed a nuclear blast into a tiny...horn? On the other hand they didn't seem to be too tactical. They just ran around like little kids shooting at everything and having fun.

My analysis is the Martians may have numbers and deadly tech but lack a variety and tactics. The Avengers have far, far less numbers but make up for in raw power, variety and teamwork.

Avengers for the win.

...than shawarma.

Lestov16
Martian Shrink Ray gets all up in dat ass

BruceSkywalker
so kids were taking out martians???

Silent Master
Don't you remember the boxer's kids that were taking a tour of the White House?

HellRider
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
so kids were taking out martians???

lol yes. But in the Martians' defense the kids played a lot of video games so they had a lot of practice.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Impediment

Only person was doing the flaming, But anyway moving on...

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Silent Master
Don't you remember the boxer's kids that were taking a tour of the White House?

nope never saw it

so with kids taking out martians, yea avengers stomp

TH3_V01D
Aliens from a funny comedy beats a ''superhero'' tier alien invasion, this only proves of bad the Shitauri are and how weak MCU Avengers are.

The Chitauri invasion was one of the most pathetic and embarrasing ''invasions'' in cinema, i can name like ten diferent invasions that raised the stakes higher compared to those generic shitty aliens in jetskies.

Martians Stomps, generic lasers can hurt Thor and Hulk, and the martians have desmaterializing weapons, they murder the Avengers.

Silent Master
Avengers win.

NemeBro
Originally posted by TH3_V01D
Aliens from a funny comedy beats a ''superhero'' tier alien invasion, this only proves of bad the Shitauri are and how weak MCU Avengers are.

The Chitauri invasion was one of the most pathetic and embarrasing ''invasions'' in cinema, i can name like ten diferent invasions that raised the stakes higher compared to those generic shitty aliens in jetskies.

Martians Stomps, generic lasers can hurt Thor and Hulk, and the martians have desmaterializing weapons, they murder the Avengers. Is there a reason the Marvel Cinematic Universe reminds you of your micropenis and drives you into a rage?

Anyway, Chitauri weaponry was vaporizing normal humans as well.

The Martians sucked. Be real.

KingD19
Martians were also up against what, a 1940's-50's era Earth?

Silent Master
Mars attacks was from 1996, it starred guys like Michael J Fox, Pierce Brosnan and Sarah Jessica Parker.

Both the Martians and most of the people from Earth were shown to be morons, it's just that the aliens were a 8 to the humans 10.

KingD19
I know when the movie came out, but the visual feel of the world and the technology seemed mid era, like 30's-50's.

Silent Master
Ah, my bad.....yeah, I don't recall them using anything to high-tech against the martians.

Robtard
Those were M41 tanks the military used. So 50's to late 60's for sure. I'd guess late 50's, maybe early 60's by everything else.

Omega Vision
Avengers.

In addition to being easy to kill, the Martians were also rather stupid, it just happened that the humans were even stupider.

HellRider
The movie took place at the time it was released (1996). But a lot of military tech the U.S. Army used were circa 1950s. Tim Burton has done this before. In Batman (1989) the mobsters use Tommy Guns but there's modern pop music (Prince). There are other examples I just can't remember them.

The Chitauri weren't too different from the Martians. Both used advanced tech but lacked any real tactics/military leadership. Loki and the Martian Leader were poor military commanders.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Impediment

The only reason the Avengers won is because of Iron Man flying the nuke into space and into the mother ship, thus causing all of the Chitauri to die all together. Major PIS, indeed.

I'm gonna have to lean towards the Martians due to their sheer numbers and tech.

Well, there's also the argument that we didn't have a chance to see, Thor and Hulk pushed their breaking points. I also argue that the, Martians only possessed a a fraction of the technological and spiritual awareness of the Chitauri and, Loki.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.