Challenge ideas for Lords of Shadow

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
Keep the games action(y).

Might do a Zelda game but open to ideas.

The Scenario
Metroid Prime 3.

quanchi112
Originally posted by The Scenario
Metroid Prime 3. I need a game like medieval with magic like the ones such as this and Zelda. Metroid or Samus needs to take on other Sci Fi type characters imo.

Stanor
Feats please? If I could get some feats I could come up with some pretty good matches.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Stanor
Feats please? If I could get some feats I could come up with some pretty good matches. I will discuss no feats and saved them for the possible matchup.

Stanor
Originally posted by quanchi112
I will discuss no feats and saved them for the possible matchup. Would he beat kratos or dante?

The Scenario
Would he beat kratos or dante?

He would not.

quanchi112
Would he beat kratos or dante? Gabriel would beat Kratos from what I gather from GOW 1-3.

Sacred 117
Metroid Prime 3.

Why not the entire Prime series?

I need a game like medieval with magic like the ones such as this and Zelda. Metroid or Samus needs to take on other Sci Fi type characters imo.

Samus might actually prove interesting depending on what you do with it. Because if you pit her against another sci-fi character, it may just become more or less a simple matter of who's better equipped or some shit.

As for your current request, have you ever played the Darksiders series? The Horsemen (War or Death) might be something to consider.

I'll get back to you with more, if I can.

Sacred 117
Would he beat kratos or dante?

Doubt it.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Sacred 117

Samus might actually prove interesting depending on what you do with it. Because if you pit her against another sci-fi character, it may just become more or less a simple matter of who's better equipped or some shit.

As for your current request, have you ever played the Darksiders series? The Horsemen (War or Death) might be something to consider.

I'll get back to you with more, if I can. I tried to get into the darkseidersgames but but it kinda sucked imo.

Sacred 117
I tried to get into the darkseidersgames but but it kinda sucked imo.

Eh. Just thought I'd throw it out there. I actually never finished the first one. erm

The Scenario

Because it's 3 pretty long games and quan might not want to play all of them. Also it's on Wii and the Trilogy version is rare.

ScreamPaste
If you want to pit him against a fantasy character/setting I'd suggest Discord from My Little Pony. Hue. Or, I dunno, Jack of Blades from Fable.

quanchi112
I did like Jack of Blades but that was so long ago for me. What I remember Gabriel seems like he'd shit on Albion.

Sacred 117
Because it's 3 pretty long games and quan might not want to play all of them. Also it's on Wii and the Trilogy version is rare.

They can still be found, right? I plan on doing a series playthrough on a 'Let's Play' channel me and my friend started whenever I get back home.

Stanor
Does it have to be a game character?

quanchi112
Does it have to be a game character? Yes.

The Scenario
Moebius from Legacy of Kain.

quanchi112
Moebius from Legacy of Kain. He isn't'the noteworthy enough. I have a GameCube controller which I used for OOT. I hate the motion sensor aspect of the Wii and might just WW it up.

Iyo is that better than SS ?

The Scenario
In my personal opinion, yes. Others may disagree.

Sacred 117
Moebius from Legacy of Kain.

You didn't answer my question, motherf**ker! Lol.

quanchi112
In my personal opinion, yes. Others may disagree. Do you believe that Ganon is more powerful than TP Dorf ?

The Scenario
They can still be found, right? I plan on doing a series playthrough on a 'Let's Play' channel me and my friend started whenever I get back home.

Sorry, I missed it.

I'm not sure, actually. The Trilogy version was a limited run thing, so there weren't a lot of copies made. You could probably find the Gamecube versions of 1 and 2 a bit more easily. It depends on your area, I guess.

What's your Let's Play channel?

Better destruction and durability feats, so yes. A bit more subtle and with somewhat less versatility, though.

Sacred 117
Sorry, I missed it.

I'm not sure, actually. The Trilogy version was a limited run thing, so there weren't a lot of copies made. You could probably find the Gamecube versions of 1 and 2 a bit more easily. It depends on your area, I guess.

What's your Let's Play channel?

Better destruction and durability feats, so yes. A bit more subtle and with somewhat less versatility, though.

Damn. I really hope I can find a trilogy. Hell, I'd settle for Wii U VC downloads. All that matters is that I get it.

Right now, the whole thing's on hold (largely attributed to my absence since I was the main editor), but I should be back sometime early next year. Honestly, though, I'd like to build a bit more before I direct you to us. It'll give us a bit of time to improve qualitatively and productively. I'd be happy to let you know who we are then. big grin

Sacred 117
Do you believe that Ganon is more powerful than TP Dorf ?

Honestly, WW kinda drinks TP's f**king milkshake. Yeah, they're more subtle, but they're a noticeable margin above them.

Stanor
Bayonetta, Ryu hayabusa?

quanchi112
Honestly, WW kinda drinks TP's f**king milkshake. Yeah, they're more subtle, but they're a noticeable margin above them. I hate the toony art of the game though. Damn Zelda game.

Sacred 117
I hate the toony art of the game though. Damn Zelda game.

I understand how you feel (I feel the same with One Piece), but even then, it shouldn't heavily (if at all) detract from the experience. Because despite the more simplistic cartoon art style, it doesn't disallow you to take it seriously.

quanchi112
I understand how you feel (I feel the same with One Piece), but even then, it shouldn't heavily (if at all) detract from the experience. Because despite the more simplistic cartoon art style, it doesn't disallow you to take it seriously. Skyward sword received a very powerful review from Ign. If I don't hear any better ideas it will be between those two games.

ares834
Wind Waker is the far superior game.

quanchi112
Originally posted by ares834
Wind Waker is the far superior game. Which game took longer to beat ?

BloodRain
Would he beat kratos or dante? I'd have jumped at this if it wasn't a stomp.

ScreamPaste
Which game took longer to beat ? SS is significantly longer than Wind Waker.

LordofBrooklyn
Quan's attachment to Dracula is going to cause the new film to flop!

quanchi112
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
Quan's attachment to Dracula is going to cause the new film to flop! Just like Thanos and his billion dollar baby, Avengers. Quit being a tool, tool.

quanchi112
Originally posted by BloodRain
I'd have jumped at this if it wasn't a stomp. Bullshit.

ScreamPaste
Just like Thanos and his billion dollar baby, Avengers. Quit being a tool, tool. but Thanos was the second worst part of Avengers.

BloodRain
Bullshit. Dante vs this guy, the Myrmidon, the southern vamp and the wizard?

Yeah not much of a thread.

Cool that a non-TP Link is being used.

LordofBrooklyn
Just like Thanos and his billion dollar baby, Avengers. Quit being a tool, tool.

In "Spite" of Thanos is the phrase you should attacj to your comment.

Anyway, I look forward to whomever crushes you to ashes in this Battlezone.

Sacred 117

Anyway, I look forward to whomever crushes you to ashes in this Battlezone.

It's not a BZ. Just him trying something new (finally).

trexalfa
Are visual novel characters allowed? They are technically games.

quanchi112
Originally posted by trexalfa
Are visual novel characters allowed? They are technically games. Just games.

quanchi112
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
but Thanos was the second worst part of Avengers. He was the greatest part of the movie.

quanchi112
Dante vs this guy, the Myrmidon, the southern vamp and the wizard?

Yeah not much of a thread.

Cool that a non-TP Link is being used. Dante is a sissyboi.

quanchi112

Anyway, I look forward to whomever crushes you to ashes in this Battlezone. This from the yippee doggie from the comic versus. Go back to the Kryptonian outhouse that spawned you.

BloodRain
Dante is a sissyboi. Whitelocks would still walk through those mentioned.

/shrugs

Anyhow while you're here, which LoS is better in your eyes?

quanchi112
Whitelocks would still walk through those mentioned.

/shrugs

Anyhow while you're here, which LoS is better in your eyes? First one. Second one has feats in a plenty for Dracula and the story is good but not anywhere near as good as the first one. I want them to expand on the series though.

Gabriel would hand Kratos his ass.

BloodRain
100% agreed. Tbh if it wasn't for the action gameplay/cutscenes, the game would be something to shrug off. Wanted to like it, so yeah hope they do develop the verse further.

What are you using to draw that conclusion? Even taking away any calcs I know of, Kratos' showings in both gameplay and cutscenes to be either on the level of or superior to Gabriel.

quanchi112
100% agreed. Tbh if it wasn't for the action gameplay/cutscenes, the game would be something to shrug off. Wanted to like it, so yeah hope they do develop the verse further.

What are you using to draw that conclusion? Even taking away any calcs I know of, Kratos' showings in both gameplay and cutscenes to be either on the level of or superior to Gabriel. Both are elite but Gabriel at the time of defeating the Forgotten One and by the start of Lords of Shadow two would just beat him. He took that army destroying blast like nothing. Gabriel aka Dracul was simply beyond his enemies to the point they needed to hide from him. Zobek and the devil had to be led out to even resurface. He was indeed the chosen one being both the hero and the villain in one character.

The Scenario
That doesn't make him stronger than Kratos, though.

quanchi112
That doesn't make him stronger than Kratos, though. When did I say anything about who was stronger ?

BloodRain
Kratos is the same besides where higher level gods come into play. Zobek maybe, but I thought Satan wasn't at full power, in this realm or something? Either was Kratos still has a lot backing him.

quanchi112
Kratos is the same besides where higher level gods come into play. Zobek maybe, but I thought Satan wasn't at full power, in this realm or something? Either was Kratos still has a lot backing him. I don't see Kratos as high as Gabriel but they are both the definitive badass from their own series.

Gabriel beat him in the first one anyways. Satan's second acolyte was weaker in Drac's castle but Satan didn't fight him in the castle. He also wouldn't even directly engage him unless he was possessing someone.

BloodRain
Not the castle, being bound to earth is meant to cut him from his real power. That would cover both instances.

The Scenario
When did I say anything about who was stronger ?

Right here:
Gabriel would hand Kratos his ass.

Should I have said "more powerful"? Or "That doesn't meant Gabriel can beat Kratos"?

quanchi112
Not the castle, being bound to earth is meant to cut him from his real power. That would cover both instances. He was at full power compared to what we see him capable of. He also fought on a meteor and we can't go off of speculation anyways but what we see. He was fearful of Dracula.

I'd personally love to see the dialogue between Gabriel and Kratos. They would probably join together since they both have families they care about and are anti heroes at their core.

quanchi112
Right here:

Should I have said "more powerful"? Or "That doesn't meant Gabriel can beat Kratos"? It comes down to formidability. Both are powerful enough to hurt the other. I personally believe Dracula is more powerful and I also believe he's more formidable.

The Scenario
I personally believe Kratos would tear Gabriel in half, but that's just me.

quanchi112
I personally believe Kratos would tear Gabriel in half, but that's just me. Not a chance. The Prince of Darkness would come for Kratos and give him death.

BloodRain
He was at full power compared to what we see him capable of. He also fought on a meteor and we can't go off of speculation anyways but what we see. He was fearful of Dracula.

I'd personally love to see the dialogue between Gabriel and Kratos. They would probably join together since they both have families they care about and are anti heroes at their core. I think I should look back into the game to gather more detail on him.

If the past holds up, anyone they parted with ends up dead so.. a simple team up would likely end in a bloodbath.

Sacred 117
Maybe we should actually start writing the more interesting fights. mmm

BloodRain
Like?

quanchi112
I think I should look back into the game to gather more detail on him.

If the past holds up, anyone they parted with ends up dead so.. a simple team up would likely end in a bloodbath. My ps3 broke so unless I fix it I hd all my previous games on it such as Lords of Shadow, Dante's Inferno, Dragon Age 1 and 2, GOW 1-3, etc. On there. Had to get my brothers PS3 to get Lords of Shadow 2.

I'll probably eventually see if they can fix my PS3 to get all my old saved data off it.

BloodRain
Ah damn, not that YLOD issue? Claimed my second PS3. A hammer claimed the first.

Sell the Wii after Skyward Sword, inch towards next gen?

quanchi112
Ah damn, not that YLOD issue? Claimed my second PS3. A hammer claimed the first.

Sell the Wii after Skyward Sword, inch towards next gen? I am not sure but before it turned on it would shut down and turn off.

Did you smash the first ?

My gf bought me a ps4 but there are no games I'm interested on as of yet. I want lords of Fallen 2 and then Dragom age 3. I beat Child of Light and my 2-3 year video game exodus ended on that note.

BloodRain
Sounds like it to me. If so you're it can be sent back for a fix. Aha yes, and honestly I can't recall what the reason behind it was. Not a game-rager so.. eh, makes a good remind for the ps4 to keep in shape.

2015 will start rolling out the favoured games. Needed to look into games like Child of Light.

For the thread, if you think Kratos is on the level why not use him too?

Sacred 117
Like?

What y'all were talking about earlier. Quan mentioned dialogue between Gabe and Kratos, so it occurred to me that if a thread ever became interesting enough, we could basically fanfic it. Idk. Just throwing it out there.

quanchi112
Sounds like it to me. If so you're it can be sent back for a fix. Aha yes, and honestly I can't recall what the reason behind it was. Not a game-rager so.. eh, makes a good remind for the ps4 to keep in shape.

2015 will start rolling out the favoured games. Needed to look into games like Child of Light.

For the thread, if you think Kratos is on the level why not use him too? If that is the problem will the hard drive still have all the data on it if they fix it ?

I might eventually battlezone that vs. Nemebro but I've only beaten GOW 1-3. I'd need to beat them all.

Stanor
Maybe we should actually start writing the more interesting fights. mmm

I'll be your co writer.

Sacred 117
I'll be your co writer.

Hell, feel free to lead the charge, if you wish.

BloodRain
As in write out a story based on thread results?

If that is the problem will the hard drive still have all the data on it if they fix it ?

I might eventually battlezone that vs. Nemebro but I've only beaten GOW 1-3. I'd need to beat them all. Thats what I was told. Would feel completly pointless if it was wiped in the process.

The minor games don't really add much that the main three don't showcase, besides a few items.

Sacred 117
Not a whole story, but rather just a one-shot of the battle.

quanchi112
As in write out a story based on thread results?

Thats what I was told. Would feel completly pointless if it was wiped in the process.

The minor games don't really add much that the main three don't showcase, besides a few items. I agree. How much do you believe it would cost ? 75 ish ?

BloodRain

Sacred 117

BloodRain
Pounds to Dollars?

Sacred 117
Where the f**k you're from. haermm

BloodRain
Capital of England my good man :T

Sacred 117
God save the Queen! *raises glass*

(Don't know if offensive or not. Sorry, if so. haermm)

BloodRain
No but I could find a way.. somehow.. Anyhow second that writing dealio.

Sacred 117
Figured you could... you bastard. uhuh

Anyways, I guess we'll have to find a good fight for this.

The Scenario
God save the Queen! *raises glass*

(Don't know if offensive or not. Sorry, if so. haermm)

God bless America! *raises cheeseburger*

(I'd wager it's about that offensive.)

Edit: I can write stuff I guess.

Sacred 117
God bless America! *raises cheeseburger*

(I'd wager it's about that offensive.)

Edit: I can write stuff I guess.

crylaugh

Scen, you're f**king great! This is why we keep you around. *toasts glass to cheeseburger*

In that case, welcome to the writing staff! big grin

Stanor
I need some ideas so I can get to writing. I was thinking about having Yamcha become an Amazon. Happy Dance Happy Dance

ScreamPaste
People are writing things? mmm Exciting.

And personally I'm offended if you don't raise syrup or beer when referencing Canada. Even Nintendo knows that doing so is mandatory.

Sacred 117
People are writing things? mmm Exciting.

And personally I'm offended if you don't raise syrup or beer when referencing Canada. Even Nintendo knows that doing so is mandatory.

I know, right?! awesome

Uh... Well... We were going to, if it came up... erm

Stanor
I don't think people would read mine because mine would be quiet long.

Sacred 117
I don't think people would read mine because mine would be quiet long.

If it's good, then they won't mind.

NemeBro
What are you guys writing now?

The Scenario
Fanfics based on vs. threads and/or good fights.

Romantic endings optional.

Sacred 117
Or just fanfics in general. F**k, I'd rather do that, honestly, but I'm with you guys either way.

ScreamPaste
And so it was, the Epic action and adventure fic, featuring Gabriel and Kratos was born.

It should totally be titled 'Slap, Slap, Kiss'.

Sacred 117
And so it was, the Epic action and adventure fic, featuring Gabriel and Kratos was born.

It should totally be titled 'Slap, Slap, Kiss'.

Sadly, from what I can tell, it will probably turn out a lot like God of War did, where both sides are just so abhorrently deplorable that the potentially transparent outcome won't matter. sad

NemeBro
Or just fanfics in general. F**k, I'd rather do that, honestly, but I'm with you guys either way. I could contribute. Russel being dommed by Ganondorf sounds hot.

Sacred 117
Originally posted by NemeBro
I could contribute. Russel being dommed by Ganondorf sounds hot.

Whatever works for you, but you'd be on your own there. I don't/can't do yaoi/yuri.

(Not judging; I just don't work that way.)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.