Dooku's defeat

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Abonis
In 2005 when Episode III hit the screen, we saw Anakin and Obi-Wan fight Dooku and Anakin defeated him. It implied that Anakin's skills had increased so much over the three years that he was able to kill Dooku. Yet in Clone Wars, as late as Season 6, Dooku was picking the two apart on Oba Diah. Is it possible that his lifeforce being drained by Talzin and whatever happens in the Ventress novel, weakened him so that he was defeated.

Nephthys
I disagree that he was picking them apart in S6. They were forcing him back and he fled. It seems to me that Anakin has rather consistently been gaining on him up to RotS.

ares834
No. Dooku was certainly not picking apart Anakin on Obia Diah. He got a kick in on Anakin and that was really all. Anakin has consistently held his own against Dooku in TCW. In fact, in one duel, Anakin clearly has the advantage in sabers with Dooku only surviving when he whips out the lightning. By the time RotS rolls around Anakin has improved and ultimately gives into the dark side allowing him to finally defeat Dooku.

Edit: Yeah, basically what Neph said.

McP
He was forcing them back ;O At least Anakin. And Obi-Wan barley survived this fight.

DARTH POWER
Obi-Wan's always been useless against against Dooku. That didn't change by ROTS.

Anakin however has always held his own against Dooku throughout TCW, including the S6 fight.

However 1 on 1 all out I'd still give Dooku the majority over Anakin in TCW and/or ROTS. He's simply more consistent.

Marco1907
Dooku was hindered since Palpatine told him to not kill Anakin, and test his power. That is why he didn't used force attacks on him just like he used on Obi-Wan and their previous confrontation such as this ;

aqeEjv1_eOc

red8
Dooku was dominating the S6 fight. He was willingly giving ground because he was trying to escape.

He takes Obi-Wan out of the fight twice. Anakin clearly looks tired in the scene where Dooku is about to engage him 1-on-1. After Dooku is on the ship, he easily repels Anakin.

I would say that Dooku was in the zone for this fight (no Zonaku topics please) considering the heart warming talk he had with Sidious earlier in the episode.

Nephthys
Disagree. Look at 1.00, he seems to be out of breath and being pushed back:

4_4jp0GdtyE

red8
He is out of breath at that point, but he was pushing back Anakin. Obi-Wan was catching up to him.

This is probably the most aggressive we've seen Dooku against the pair. It's only natural for him to be winded.

DARTH POWER
^ It was a draw. Dooku may have been slightly more out of breath, but we know Obi-Wan is the only one who was injured, and Dooku's the only one who landed blows on his opponents. Neither Skywalker or Kenobi landed any blows in on Dooku. Also it's in Dooku's style to give ground. Because with his one handed fighting style he doesn't generate sufficient kinetic energy to keep his ground.

Chances are had the fight continued Kenobi wouldn't have lasted, but by that point Dooku may or may not not have had enough strength left to solo Skywalker.

But either way, Dooku was clearly the most competent combatant on the field, followed by Skywalker 2nd, and Kenobi last (in this encounter at least).

carthage
In all honesty how many times was it necessary for them to fight? Its like holy shit we get the point Anakin improves, but do they really need 344534545 duels with the same guy?

TCW as a whole was worthless, instead of inventing an entirely new series with new people they decided to redo the same shit. SW writers are ****ing lazy

NewGuy01
344534545 entertaining duels you should stop complaining about.

Darth Abonis
Originally posted by NewGuy01
344534545 entertaining duels you should stop complaining about.

Eh, they were okay. The one in Season 6 should have been earlier.

DARTH POWER
TCW did have too many fights with the same people. There was a lot of Dooku vs Anakin and Maul vs Obi-Wan.

Would have been great to mix things up more.

carthage
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
TCW did have too many fights with the same people. There was a lot of Dooku vs Anakin and Maul vs Obi-Wan.

Would have been great to mix things up more.

thumb up

red8
I would have liked to see Maul and Savage vs Dooku or Maul vs Anakin.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by red8
I would have liked to see Maul and Savage vs Dooku or Maul vs Anakin.

thumb up

Or Dooku vs Windu, or Dooku vs Fisto and Plo Koon, or Ventress vs Fisto/Mundi/Plo Koon.

There was just so much variety they could have given us but what we ended up getting the vast majority majority of the time was:

Skywalker vs Dooku
Kenobi vs Grievous
Kenobi vs Maul
Skywalker/Kenobi vs Ventress

That's my biggest complaint about the show.

But apart from that I have enjoyed the 5/6 seasons they've given us.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by Nephthys
Disagree. Look at 1.00, he seems to be out of breath and being pushed back:

4_4jp0GdtyE

Of course he's out of breath. He was utilizing Ataru maneuvers, something he never does likely because of how taxing it is.

He also just sent Skywalker flying. Not to mention Anakin and Kenobi barely being able to deflect his casual TK.

Marco1907
Originally posted by red8
I would have liked to see Maul and Savage vs Dooku

Maul vs. Dooku is already a good match, and adding Savage makes this mismatch. Dooku can't deflect Savage's sheer kinetic strength, and ragdolled like a *****. He only survived because Savage doesn't know how to deflect force lightning, and that's why Dooku managed to save his butt.

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y418/karasakal_teach/gfhgfh_zpse32e7a26.gif

Brothers would stomp Dooku.

NTJack0
Not to worry, if you want your unknown duels, there's Rebels for that.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by Marco1907
Maul vs. Dooku is already a good match, and adding Savage makes this mismatch. Dooku can't deflect Savage's sheer kinetic strength, and ragdolled like a *****. He only survived because Savage doesn't know how to deflect force lightning, and that's why Dooku managed to save his butt.

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y418/karasakal_teach/gfhgfh_zpse32e7a26.gif

Brothers would stomp Dooku.

Is that a joke? Dooku was able to manhandle Kenobi and Skywalker on Oba Dia. If he gets serious and throws in some Ataru movements like he did vs. those two Savage won't last long. If the Maul bros get Dooku on the defensive though he's done for.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.