Darth Bane Vs Obi-Wan Kenobi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Fated Xtasy
So, people seem to think Obi-wan would do just as well as Zannah did against the Sith'ari himself - *coughcoughbullshitcough* So if Obi-wan was in the same scenario as Zannah same location, same circumstances. Would Obi-Wan be able to pull it off?

Lightsabers.

Force Powers.

All-Out.

Who wins?

Note: Not a spite thread.

Emperordmb
Bane takes this one.

Nephthys
Note: A spite thread.

Obi-Wan gets destroyed.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Nephthys
Note: A spite thread.

Obi-Wan gets destroyed.

So mean sad...

lol anyway, some people actually believe Obi-wan has a chance. I sure as hell don't.

Nalaniel
Obi-Wan gets stomped.

Nephthys
Bane would one-shot Obi-Wan with TK or lightning and almost blitz him in sabers.

FreshestSlice
Lol, why does this thread exist?

Nephthys
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Lol, why does this thread exist?

People with opinions that are opinions different from mine and many others opinions.

carthage
big grin

Trocity
Kenobi stomps

if Bane has no legs.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Trocity
Kenobi stomps if Bane has no legs.
Eh... even then he still has his force prowess.

carthage
I think a better opponent would be Bane vs. TPM Kenobi, they're likely about the same skill level.

FreshestSlice
People with opinions that are opinions different from mine and many others opinions.
Right let me get started on an Ahsoka gauntlet featuring

FotJ Luke, DE Sidious, the Daughter, the Son, the Father, Abeloth, Darth Krayt, and a bonus round with all the others fighting her at once.

Emperordmb
And so Intrepid returns...

Nephthys
Doesn't that give Bane plenty of time to essence transfer someone, or engineer a clone body to transfer into?

carthage
When did Kenobi learn essence transfer?

Trocity
Right after never

NewGuy01
Man, odds aren't looking good for Kenobi. He's facing a more powerful opponent, and on a Dark Side Nexus no less.

Buuuuut he won't be tripping over any graves. http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/link-rape.gif

carthage
Minus the sarcasm.

Bane loses like a *****

carthage
The vast majority of Bane's opponents have been on nexuses/when he's amped. He has no victories against anyone without an amp

WildBantha88
in a lightsaber duel Kenobi would be able to hold Bane off for a lengthy period of time. Bane would probably win but he would have to work hard for it.

In the force, Kenobi is very powerful but his defenses are lack luster and have been broken multiple times by lesser force wielders than Bane.

I love Kenobi but the only chance he actually has is if Darth Bane forgets that he has the Force.

NewGuy01
Oh that's right, it's one of those "on the knife's edge" nexus things. Obi-Wan still loses, though.

carthage
In a lightsaber duel Bane gets LOLSTOMPED

and in the force Bane's TK feats are pathetic unamped and won't budge Kenobi let alone send him flying.

Nephthys
Originally posted by WildBantha88
in a lightsaber duel Kenobi would be able to hold Bane off for a lengthy period of time. Bane would probably win but he would have to work hard for it.

Nah.

I love Kenobi but the only chance he actually has is if Darth Bane forgets that he has the Force.

Kenobi has no chance.

carthage
Bane's only unamped victory is Sirak

Holy shit guys he's Sidious tier!

NewGuy01
Nah.

You're right, Kenobi'd probably take the duel. http://r14.imgfast.net/users/1415/38/33/54/smiles/3456625801.gif

Nephthys
Nah.

carthage
Lol @ Bane taking force as well.

You know his powerful TK feats of breaking tents and boxes, sending guards into walls, and rubbing the insides of guards means he kills Kenobi

Nephthys
"Rubbing the insides of guards?"

WTF?

NewGuy01
I wonder what parts he was rubbing. http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/link-rape.gif

Nephthys
As far as I know Bane was a total virgin until death.

carthage
I'm surprised he could do it without a nexus tbh.

Bane can't do much without his armor or without darkside energy for him to sponge off of

WildBantha88
Originally posted by carthage
I'm surprised he could do it without a nexus tbh.

Bane can't do much without his armor or without darkside energy for him to sponge off of

If bane is so weak and worthless, why do you spend so much time bashing him? Don't you have anything better to do with your time?

NewGuy01
Because your fervor is entertaining, obviously. You cannot defeat one such as him with your logic; I'm clueless as to why you are still attempting it.

FreshestSlice
The hold carthage has over you people is staggering. Pretty sure this thread was made just because of a few of his statements.

Fated Xtasy
The hold carthage has over you people is staggering. Pretty sure this thread was made just because of a few of his statements.

Meh i was just wondering just how far - and low, he'd go to bash Bane and glorify Obi-Wan. plus i was bored when i made this lol.

carthage
Bane is fodder

Nephthys
Oh you!

http://25.media.tumblr.com/52e29ba107ea33908489aff91fd4e5ad/tumblr_mi8sibbCS31rem27uo1_r1_250.gif

McP
Kenobi might take the sabers, but Bane will crush him in te Force battle and in all-out.

Nephthys
Kenobi will not take sabers.

Eveeeeeeeeeeeeer!

FreshestSlice
Lol, Obi-Wan isn't taking Bane in sabers.

carthage
Hes stomp him in sabers, Bane has nothing to compete lmao other than beating featless Sirak.

carthage
Kenobi still wins

FreshestSlice
Carthage, I know the temptation of trolling is strong. Better than most, but you can resist it. You can defeat it. Don't fall into ever lasting baiting.

carthage
There is nothing to troll, Bane has lesser feats than Kenobi. The only place that there is an exception is here. Bane isnt as powerful as Malgus, Kun, or Krayt; his TK feats in DOE are pathetic, he's slower, has no comparable dueling feats, and is probably weaker than Kenobi as well.

Bane has nothing

FreshestSlice
Sort of how Obi-Wan has no Force defense showings to speak of. As far as sabers go, Bane is spoken of as having a very refined fighting style and well versed in Djem So. But I digress. You're to forgone anyway.

carthage
Sort of how Obi-Wan has no Force defense showings to speak of. As far as sabers go, Bane is spoken of as having a very refined fighting style and well versed in Djem So. But I digress. You're to forgone anyway.

That's cool you think Bane has a "Refined style of Djem so". Too bad he's never actually beaten anyone noteworthy with it, and even his "refined" style still failed him when he got his ass kicked by Zannah.

Anakin is a superior practitioner of Djem so, and Obi wan held him off. Bane has no saber feats to compete with Kenobi, Bane has fought evenly with Zannah in sabers, beaten featless Sirak, but has no other dueling feats to put him on Kenobi's level. Kenobi has beaten Savage Opress, A'Sharad Hett, Asajj Ventress, General Grievous, fought evenly with Anakin Skywalker, fought well against Maul and Opress at once. Kenobi is a vastly more skilled duelist.

Bane's unamped/non nexus TK feats are: Killing non force sensitives with a lightsaber throw, levitating a non force sensitive, killing a featless Sith lord with TK, destroying tents and boxes and breaking a woman's spine, crushing non force sensitives with a couch, killing 5 non force sensitives and cracking a table. That's it he's never killed anyone powerful with TK, he's mainly preyed on non force sensitives and his TK feats are inferior to Savage, Ventress, Maul, and Dooku. There is no reason to believe he would do anything more than knock Kenobi back (assuming he can even do that), considering Kenobi has superior TK feats to Bane.

Kenobi's TK feats include:

Kenobi has torn down large slabs of machinery:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/ignore_jpg_scale_super/12/124590/3869417-9bpt4.gif

Kenobi has called down more massive slabs of machinery to the ground

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/ignore_jpg_scale_super/12/124590/3869416-0925339393-38693.gif

Kenobi has collapsed a large tree:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/ignore_jpg_scale_super/12/124590/4121195-4120381-cw17-39.jpg

Kenobi has moved Durge's ship:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/12/124590/3664009-5963607262-28791.jpg

He's torn down a massive slab of durasteel:

-ROTS Junior Novelization

Formed a massive wave out of Molecules of Water

And crushed droids:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/ignore_jpg_scale_super/12/124590/3957060-a9rhr.gif

Pulling down Durasteel, heavy machine parts, crushing droids, and forming a tidal wave are more impressive feats than breaking boxes or killing non force sensitives. Kenobi would do more damage to Bane with TK than vice versa

Bane's only speed feat off nexus is forming his blade fast enough to form a shield and deflect slow moving rain drops, but again he wasn't fast enough to deflect all of them and had to dodge them. Kenobi is infinitely faster than Bane:

Kenobi has Moved in a blur, moved fast enough to appear to wield 5 lightsabers, moved fast enough to appear to be three places at once, deflected blaster fire from armies of droids, formed a fan out of his blade, formed a web of light, formed a wheel of lighting out of his saber, covered himself in the afterglow of his blade, dodged blaster bolts, sidedstepped blaster bolts at point blank range, and deflected blaster bolts from hundreds of droids.

Bane has absolutely nothing on Kenobi in terms of speed.

Bane has crushed a skull, and moved a durasteel door for his strenth feats. Kenobi has destroyed a spider droid with his bare hand, ripped open Grievous's chestplate, and broken Grievous's duraplast alloy arms 'like a cheap spoon'. Bane will not gain an advantage in strength.

(Credit goes to Erkan and Shootingnova)

So Bane is slower, less skilled, has inferior TK feats, and there is no reason to believe he can dominate Kenobi with TK when his feats are inferior to Maul, Tyranus, Dooku, and Ventress.

Bane gets murked

FreshestSlice
I'm not going to get into it with you, carthage. Not sure why you're posting feats from the RotS video game, do those actually happen anywhere else? And while TKing B1 droids is the definition of impressive, by which I mean is the single, undisputed, clearly, and maybe even near godly, most impressive thing you can do with TK besides levitating fruit, Kenobi's been doing that since TPM. Everyone has. Saying Obi-Wan held off Skywalker doesn't mean anything really when the state Anakin was in at the time. I like the double standard set here when the most impressive feat Kenobi has is defeating non-Force Sensitive Grievous, after hacking off half his arms. Finally, I like how you go on and on about unamped Bane, but considering Fated didn't say which Bane this was, I'm going to assume Orbalisk, and not really care what he can't do without them.

NewGuy01
This is my first time seeing that tree feat. Nice.

The_Tempest
Obi-Wan. Good fight, though.

Arhael
Those are good feats, carthage, didn't know about most of them, well done.

Nephthys
Originally posted by The_Tempest
Obi-Wan. Good fight, though.

It disgusts me that you're serious with that.

The_Tempest
It disgusts me that you're serious with that.

erm

Losing to Obi-Wan, especially in a good fight, isn't embarrassing. Bane's really good imo, he's just not in the league of those capable of stomping Kenobi.

NewGuy01
erm

Losing to Obi-Wan, especially in a good fight, isn't embarrassing. Bane's really good imo, he's just not in the league of those capable of stomping Kenobi.

thumb up

Still siding Bane, though.

Nephthys
erm

Obi-Wan gets one-shot by Bane. He's not blocking his lightning or surviving his TK. And he doesn't have the speed to keep up with Bane in lightsaber combat. I didn't say it's embarassing for someone to lose to Obi-Wan, but it is severely underrating Bane to say he does. erm

The_Tempest
Sorry, man. Never been a big Bane fanboy. He's good, but Obi-Wan's better. You've gotta be the likes of Darth Sidious to one-shot Obi-Wan and Bane's nowhere near that level.

Originally posted by NewGuy01
thumb up

Still siding Bane, though.

Bane being at the tail end of the Rule of Two is a major influence for my verdict. The Phantom Menace Scrapbook claims that the Banite Sith have increased in power over generations (which is the entire point of the Rule of Two) and we know from independent sources that Maul is one of the biggest badasses in Sith history. Obi-Wan can duke it out with Maul on relatively even terms, so I don't see him losing to Bane.

Nephthys
Sorry, man. Never been a big Bane fanboy. He's good, but Obi-Wan's better. You've gotta be the likes of Darth Sidious to one-shot Obi-Wan and Bane's nowhere near that level.

Lol, loads of people can one-shot Obi-Wan. He has stupidly bad Force-defenses. Dooku can and Maul is on the cusp. Someone like Revan, Vader or Malgus could accomplish it comfortably. And Bane is certainly in their leagues. Obi-Wan hasn't demonstrated the power to block lightning capable of disintegrating multiple people. Nor has be demonstrated the TK necessary to survive Bane throwing out a temple-buster.

And while you were never a big fan, you've previously admitted that Bane can give Sidious and Yoda a good fight. But now he's so far below they can one-shot him? Ridiculous. You my friend have truly gone senile in your absence.

Bane being at the tail end of the Rule of Two is a major influence for my verdict. The Phantom Menace Scrapbook claims that the Banite Sith have increased in power over generations (which is the entire point of the Rule of Two) and we know from independent sources that Maul is one of the biggest badasses in Sith history. Obi-Wan can duke it out with Maul on relatively even terms, so I don't see him losing to Bane.

Flawless logic.

Trocity
Obi-Wan can duke it out with Maul on relatively even terms, so I don't see him losing to Bane.

You're not actually saying Maul>Bane, are you?

NewGuy01
No, they can't.

No, he doesn't.

No, he can't.

No, he isn't.

No, they can't.

Yes, yes he is.

Oh please, Zannah could flick off his lightning with the back end of her staff. If nothing else he can dodge it.

Kas'im could, and he's hardly the Force User that Obi-Wan is.

Nephthys

What, you don't agree that Maul is more powerful than Bane because the RoT continually got more powerful even though that doesn't apply to Maul since he was merely a failed apprentice who never even approached his master in terms of power and is obviously far below any of the RoT Sith????

Nephthys
No, they can't.

Yes, they could. I can probably name 10 from just the Swtor era off the top of my head.

No, he doesn't.

Allow me some hyperbole here, please.

No, he can't.

I think he can. With some effort and without Skywalker breathing down his neck, I'm sure it's within his capabilities.

No, he isn't.

He lifted him clean off his feet and tossed him into a wall. A mere step above that would be Maul choking him out like in that comic.

No, they can't.

Bro, come on. erm

Yes, yes he is.

Thanks.

Oh please, Zannah could flick off his lightning with the back end of her staff. If nothing else he can dodge it.

As if Obi-Wan is in any way comparable to Zannah in Force power. And Bane's can attack with full on Force Storms that cook giant monsters and have dozens of forks, I doubt he's side-stepping that.

Kas'im could, and he's hardly the Force User that Obi-Wan is.

Debatable. And Kas'im only blocked a small part of a Force Wave.

NewGuy01
That would be the problem, wouldn't it?

No. stick out tongue

Only problem is that Kenobi's breathing down his neck. He would need to create an opening in the lightsaber combat to get a chance to make such a move.

If Vader could have just flicked him away in ANH, he would have.

I thought we were discussing DoE Bane?

So? Kenobi can also block "a small part of a force wave" and survive, unless there's a temple sitting around on Ambria to fall on his head.

Nephthys
That would be the problem, wouldn't it?

I think very small, 10 people is a lot for me. You should learn to be more sensitive to my personality differences.

No. stick out tongue

:C

Regardless, Obi-Wan is beaten up with the Force an awful lot. Sure, he usually fights powerhouses, but most of the people in these versus threads are powerhouses.

Only problem is that Kenobi's breathing down his neck. He would need to create an opening in the lightsaber combat to get a chance to make such a move.

But if he had that chance he could one-shot him with TK, right?

If Vader could have just flicked him away in ANH, he would have.

Not sure I agree with that. Do you think Kenobi could resist Marek? I rather think he'd get buttbanged hard and I underrate Marek lots. But I was talking about RotJ Vader.

I thought we were discussing DoE Bane?

You don't think DoE Bane is capable of such things?

So? Kenobi can also block "a small part of a force wave" and survive, unless there's a temple sitting around on Ambria to fall on his head.

Or Bane can focus the attack into a smaller strike.

NewGuy01
evil face

It's not really that true, though. The thing with Ventress was a one off, Maul's feat on Florrum was hardly a game-changing card, and Dooku's only ragdolled him once.

Sure, but that's not a one shot.

Vader doesn't have any post-ANH TK feats of note, it's mostly just his blade work he improves on.

Who knows, but he didn't do anything of the sort against Zannah in the stone prison.

The_Tempest
Lol, loads of people can one-shot Obi-Wan. He has stupidly bad Force-defenses. Dooku can and Maul is on the cusp. Someone like Revan, Vader or Malgus could accomplish it comfortably. And Bane is certainly in their leagues. Obi-Wan hasn't demonstrated the power to block lightning capable of disintegrating multiple people. Nor has be demonstrated the TK necessary to survive Bane throwing out a temple-buster.

Kindly prove that Obi-Wan "has stupidly bad Force-defenses." The fact that Dooku and Maul, each regarded as some of the best Sith ever, can bypass them isn't evidence of that. Bane's orbalisk/nexus feats aren't relevant to me. And Bane isn't in Dooku's league, let alone Sidious's.

And while you were never a big fan, you've previously admitted that Bane can give Sidious and Yoda a good fight. But now he's so far below they can one-shot him? Ridiculous. You my friend have truly gone senile in your absence.

http://www.preparationh.com/sites/default/files/Preparation_H_Ointment_Main.png

You desperately need this.

The_Tempest

I am.

Maul is confirmed by various sources as being one of the deadliest Sith Lords ever, to say nothing of some truly impressive feats. Bane's got some cool feats, but is at the tail end of the Rule of Two, and lacks such confirmation of status.

WildBantha88
Kindly prove that Obi-Wan "has stupidly bad Force-defenses." The fact that Dooku and Maul, each regarded as some of the best Sith ever, can bypass them isn't evidence of that. He has been Force choked no less than 6 times (and i may be missing one) in the span of three years. And it wasn't JUST dooku and Maul. Savage and Ventress both got to wrap their invisible fingers around his neck too.

The_Tempest
He has been Force choked no less than 6 times (and i may be missing one) in the span of three years. And it wasn't JUST dooku and Maul. Savage and Ventress both got to wrap their invisible fingers around his neck too.

Dooku and Maul are among the greatest all time Sith. When did Savage choke him? Ventress, who's talented enough to duke it out with members of the Jedi Council at "the prime of the Jedi," throttled him and Anakin in an outlier moment of extreme rage. It's clearly not reflective of her natural ability anymore than Savage throttling Ventress and Dooku at the same time is a reflection of his.

That Obi-Wan is susceptible to defeat from major powerhouses doesn't mean his Force defenses suck.

Nephthys
Kindly prove that Obi-Wan "has stupidly bad Force-defenses." The fact that Dooku and Maul, each regarded as some of the best Sith ever, can bypass them isn't evidence of that. Bane's orbalisk/nexus feats aren't relevant to me. And Bane isn't in Dooku's league, let alone Sidious's.

And Bane isn't among the best Sith ever in your opinion? I'm not concerned with how relevant you seem to think his feats are. Bane's temple smashing proves that he's far above Kenobi and he's capable of disintegration outside of a nexus with his lightning.

You must truly think the BoD era sucks ass. Bane was head and shoulders above the rest of the Sith of his time yet he's barely moderately powerful compared to the PT era.

http://www.preparationh.com/sites/default/files/Preparation_H_Ointment_Main.png

You desperately need this.

I'm just looking for an opportunity to talk to you. :C

I am.

Maul is confirmed by various sources as being one of the deadliest Sith Lords ever, to say nothing of some truly impressive feats. Bane's got some cool feats, but is at the tail end of the Rule of Two, and lacks such confirmation of status.

Bane is the Sith'ari though, stated to have "perfect strength, perfect power."

The_Tempest
And Bane isn't among the best Sith ever in your opinion?

Not from a power/skill standpoint, no. From an achievement/philosophy/whatever standpoint, he's top 5.

I'm not concerned with how relevant you seem to think his feats are.

...You clearly are, since you're responding to my thoughts on the matter.

Bane's temple smashing proves that he's far above Kenobi and he's capable of disintegration outside of a nexus with his lightning.

Bane smashed a temple on a nexus and I believe Bane only disintegrated shiz with orbalisks.

Bane is the Sith'ari though, stated to have "perfect power."

Pretty sure perfect power doesn't lose a fight or die. I'm going to need something a bit more concrete with respect to status than that. No one cares about Anakin's power because he's the Chosen One; people care about his power because of his midi-chlorian count.

Nephthys
Not from a power/skill standpoint, no. From an achievement/philosophy/whatever standpoint, he's top 5.

LOL! Bane has the chops to be one of the best Sith ever, you're just shitting on him like a fooo-el.

...You clearly are, since you're responding to my thoughts on the matter.

I care about your overall opinion, not which feats you decide to take into account.

Bane smashed a temple on a nexus and I believe Bane only disintegrated shiz with orbalisks.

So what if it was on a nexus, it was Bane far from his prime and it was gigantic. Even if the nexus contributed half of the energy he used it would still be a feat worthy of one-shotting "Limp-force-wrist" Kenobi.

And no Bane disintegrated shiz in DoE without the orbalisks, disintegrating rock and a stun-net with lightning and was stated to have been capable of disintegrating 4 people with lightning if it wasn't for Cognus blunting his power and he disintegrated metal with TK as well.

Pretty sure perfect power doesn't lose a fight or die. I'm going to need something a bit more concrete with respect to status than that. No one cares about Anakin's power because he's the Chosen One; people care about his power because of his midi-chlorian count.

Pretty sure Bane did both though, so I guess you're wrong? Regardless the Sith'ari is obviously a being on immense power. And don't you think Anakin is the Chosen One partly because of his midi-chlorian count? I think it's pretty connected, as well as with him being born from the Force itself. I mean, the Sith'ari prophecy is about a being being the reincarnation of King Adas, who recieved the title of Sith'ari due to his incredible battle prowess. The Sith'ari was prophecised to be a "perfect being".

The_Tempest
LOL! Bane has the chops to be one of the best Sith ever, you're just shitting on him like a fooo-el.

Not really. erm

I care about your overall opinion, not which feats you decide to take into account.

...Which is why we're discussing which feats I take into account? facepalm

So what if it was on a nexus, it was Bane far from his prime and it was gigantic. Even if the nexus contributed half of the energy he used it would still be a feat worthy of one-shotting "Limp-force-wrist" Kenobi.

We have no way of concluding how much energy was afforded by the nexus. Could have provided 5% or 97%. Hence why such things are disregarded.

And no Bane disintegrated shiz in DoE without the orbalisks, disintegrating rock and a stun-net with lightning and was stated to have been capable of disintegrating 4 people with lightning if it wasn't for Cognus blunting his power and he disintegrated metal with TK as well.

Excerpt?

Pretty sure Bane did both though, so I guess you're wrong?

Pretty sure we've established, then, that this is hyperbole. Or perhaps Bane's power was perfect... in its mediocrity.

Regardless the Sith'ari is obviously a being on immense power.

Immense power relative to whom? I'm not arguing Bane's a weak feeb; he's certainly not.

And don't you think Anakin is the Chosen One partly because of his midi-chlorian count? I think it's pretty connected, as well as with him being born from the Force itself.

His special destiny is irrelevant with respect to power, only in terms of importance. Bane is important in the grand scheme of things, not with respect to power. What makes him powerful is his midi-chlorian count and raw potential, not his Messiah status. Kinda like Harry Potter being the chosen one doesn't really make him special in the grand scheme of things with respect to dueling or fighting.

Nephthys
Not really. erm

As I said, Bane was head and shoulders above his era. It doesn't make sense for him not to be one of the greatest Sith or all time.

...Which is why we're discussing which feats I take into account? facepalm

Yeah, you tricked me into discussing it by challenging my absolute statements about his feats supremacy. You bast*rd.

We have no way of concluding how much energy was afforded by the nexus. Could have provided 5% or 97%. Hence why such things are disregarded.

It's retarded to even consider than its anything over 50%. Even that is laughable.

Excerpt?

"He didn't stay down, however. He sprang back to his feet, simultaneously drawing his lightsaber with his right hand as he sent a blast of lightning out from the fingertips of his left. The violet bolts should have incinerated all four of his targets on the balcony, yet again the strange power interfering with his ability to draw upon the Force hindered his efforts."

"The Iktotchi landed just as Bane unleashed a wave of crackling electricity that burned away the webbing of the tangle guns."

Note that Bane is exhausted and wounded from the very start of this fight. He also casually blocks half a dozen stun grenades.

"As she gathered herself to charge, Bane fired off another bolt of lightning. She ducked to the side and it whizzed past her ear, striking the wall and sending up a shower of dust and stone flecks.

Despite missing her the first time, Bane followed it up with another blast on the exact same trajectory. Turning her head to follow the course of the misguided bolt, Zannah saw where the first had hit the wall. The stone had been disintegrated in a fist-sized hole, revealing something that looked like bright red plastic beneath it."

"Then he began to gather the power of the Force. An instant later the cuffs on his wrists and ankles shattered, exploding into a million pieces at a mere thought from Bane."

Immense power relative to whom? I'm not arguing Bane's a weak feeb; he's certainly not.

I editted in a big spiel about Bane being the reincarnation of King Adas.

His special destiny is irrelevant with respect to power, only in terms of importance. Bane is important in the grand scheme of things, not with respect to power. What makes him powerful is his midi-chlorian count and raw potential, not his Messiah status. Kinda like Harry Potter being the chosen one doesn't really make him special in the grand scheme of things with respect to dueling or fighting.

Doesn't that contradict the Mortis arc? "Only the Chosen One could have tamed my children like that" and everything? Anakin clearly does have a special strength due to his status.

Nephthys
Also, in the Book of Sith the Sith'ari is translated as "god of the Sith". wink

The_Tempest
As I said, Bane was head and shoulders above his era. It doesn't make sense for him not to be one of the greatest Sith or all time.

Again, no one's saying he's a weak feeb. No one's saying he's not in the Top 50, which is pretty impressive when you consider the millions upon millions of Sith that have ever existed. But he's not in the big leagues as far as I'm concerned.

Yeah, you tricked me into discussing it by challenging my absolute statements about his feats supremacy. You bast*rd.

I'm clever like that.

It's retarded to even consider than its anything over 50%. Even that is laughable.

Not really.

"He didn't stay down, however. He sprang back to his feet, simultaneously drawing his lightsaber with his right hand as he sent a blast of lightning out from the fingertips of his left. The violet bolts should have incinerated all four of his targets on the balcony, yet again the strange power interfering with his ability to draw upon the Force hindered his efforts."

"The Iktotchi landed just as Bane unleashed a wave of crackling electricity that burned away the webbing of the tangle guns."

Note that Bane is exhausted and wounded from the very start of this fight. He also casually blocks half a dozen stun grenades.

"As she gathered herself to charge, Bane fired off another bolt of lightning. She ducked to the side and it whizzed past her ear, striking the wall and sending up a shower of dust and stone flecks.

Despite missing her the first time, Bane followed it up with another blast on the exact same trajectory. Turning her head to follow the course of the misguided bolt, Zannah saw where the first had hit the wall. The stone had been disintegrated in a fist-sized hole, revealing something that looked like bright red plastic beneath it."

"Then he began to gather the power of the Force. An instant later the cuffs on his wrists and ankles shattered, exploding into a million pieces at a mere thought from Bane."

That's pretty cool.

I editted in a big spiel about Bane being the reincarnation of King Adas.

Ok?

Doesn't that contradict the Mortis arc? "Only the Chosen One could have tamed my children like that" and everything? Anakin clearly does have a special strength due to his status.

Anakin has special strength because he was born of the Force and has an unparalleled midi-chlorian count. The title is irrelevant, as is that of the Sith'ari in anything other than a philosophical context.

carthage
I'm not going to get into it with you, carthage. Not sure why you're posting feats from the RotS video game, do those actually happen anywhere else? And while TKing B1 droids is the definition of impressive, by which I mean is the single, undisputed, clearly, and maybe even near godly, most impressive thing you can do with TK besides levitating fruit, Kenobi's been doing that since TPM. Everyone has. Saying Obi-Wan held off Skywalker doesn't mean anything really when the state Anakin was in at the time. I like the double standard set here when the most impressive feat Kenobi has is defeating non-Force Sensitive Grievous, after hacking off half his arms. Finally, I like how you go on and on about unamped Bane, but considering Fated didn't say which Bane this was, I'm going to assume Orbalisk, and not really care what he can't do without them.

I accept your concession then.

Nice lowballing bro. Bane has never done anything surpassing that off nexus, unless you considering killing random guards with basic force pushes superior to the feats I listed.

Lol Obi wan held his own due to thousands of hours of sparring/and because the two knew each others style. Did Anakin's mindset prevent him from winning a victory, yes, was the fight PIS/plot armor yes, but Bane would get wtfpwned by Anakin as well and has no dueling feats to compete with either Jedi:

-ROTS novelization

And I like how you don't bring up anything Bane has done off nexus that is superior to that feat thumb up. Grievous is a better duelist than either Bane or Zanah, and Kenobi defeated him. Who has Bane beaten that is better than Grievous?

I don't care about Bane's nexus feats, they aren't examples of his true power, as he plainly couldn't replicate anything he ever did on Lehon, Korriban, or Dxun. Fated's inability to specify which Bane this is doesn't matter, as I never questioned that loser who needs Crab armor Bane would beat Kenobi.

carthage
Bane is not in the leagues of Krayt, Malgus, Maul, Kun, or even Savage. All of them have superior feats of destruction to Bane, Bane couldn't even dominate Zannah with TK so you're making a stupid leap of faith saying he can. Bane's best TK feats off nexus are killing fodder guards, there is no reason to believe he can penetrate Kenobi's defenses when he never did it to Zannah.

Bane destroyed the Temple on a darkside nexus thumb up. He's also never encountered TK in a battle, and Kenobi has superior feats to unamped Non nexus Bane so guess who the burden of proof is to suggest he could ragdoll Kenobi?

Bane would get blitzed by either Sidious or Yoda thumb up, he would lose to anyone that is a tier 8 or 9 duelist.

carthage
It does when no one in Bane's era is particularly remarkable

Tempest is right to assume that the nexus played apart in Bane's feats. Again, Bane has never demonstrated a similar level of destructive ability off of Lehon, Dxun, or Korriban. Unless you think breaking boxes, tents, and hurling couches is an equivalent and or close feat to something he could do on a nexus thumb up

=Karpashyn wank

ALL HAIL BANE THE SHITHARI WHOSE ONLY VICTORY IN SABERS IS AGAINST A KORRIBAN SITH TRAINEE!. Lol. His immense "battle prowess" is one dueling feat against a Sith trainee, Kenobi has fought the best duelists of his time and held his own with them. Bane has no feats to compare in dueling, his lightning can be absorbed by a lightsaber, and he is demonstrably slower (based on the feats I listed), and there is no reason his pathetic TK feats could penetrate his shield.

I win

FreshestSlice
I accept your concession then.

Don't flatter yourself.

You showed Obi-Wan killing B1s and treated it like it was the most amazing thing don with TK since Nihilus. So yeah, I count Bane TKing random guards as well. But considering some of Bane's more impressive nexus feats are also against other Dark Side users, I don't really see the problem in using them. Finally, news flash, carthage, the battle takes place on a nexus. Just shut up about nexus already.

Obi-Wan hasn't wtfpwn a single Force Sensitive ever. Forgive me for having my doubts.

This battle's on a nexus. Nice job reading the OP. Not that I did any better by mentioning orbalisk.

See above.

Fated Xtasy
but considering Fated didn't say which Bane this was, I'm going to assume Orbalisk

If Orbalisk being Bane's peak is the general consensus here, then yeah, you right to assume that.

carthage
You've offered no superior feats against the ones I listed for Obi wan, bowed out of the discussion, but by all means continue.

By all means utilize his nexus feats but all I have to do is say they aren't an example of his power. Again his feats off nexus are all inferior to the ones I listed for Obi wan, funny how you pick one to criticize when all of them surpass anything Bane has demonstrated. Bane never tapped into the Ambrian nexus like Zannah, so its irrelevant whether that darkside energy is there or not. He can't tap into it, or else he would've when he fought Zannah on Ambria. Really, when has Bane ever formed a tidal wave, lifted durasteel slabs, or moved a ship? Oh wait he never has!

Irrelevant to the point he is a jedi and wouldn't due to his morals, again, when has Bane ever collapsed a temple, moved a massive slab of rock, or disintegrated technobeasts off a nexus thumb up

A nexus which Bane never drew on to use, and there is no reason to believe he can considering Zannah was a sorcerer to tap into Ambria's energies and Bane failed to do so canonically in the book thumb up

All of those are nexuses he tapped into, but he never tapped into the one on Ambria whether due to Karpashyn's terrible writing or his inability to due so. thumb up

carthage
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
If Orbalisk being Bane's peak is the general consensus here, then yeah, you right to assume that.

Lmao why didn't you include that in the OP. Orbalisk Bane would win but not due to superior skill, only because he is a weak loser that needs armor to compete with high tier duelists.

Fated Xtasy
Lmao why didn't you include that in the OP.

Because it's fun watching you make a fool out of yourself, cute even. wink

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m81k2vNhtq1r9udul.gif

carthage
Its even more fun to watch Neph get owned repeatedly.

FreshestSlice

A nexus which Bane never drew on to use, and there is no reason to believe he can considering Zannah was a sorcerer to tap into Ambria's energies and Bane failed to do so canonically in the book thumb up

Lulz, why don't you wait to pick an argument before you continue. Proof that Bane drew on any other nexus.

carthage
Lulz, why don't you wait to pick an argument before you continue. Proof that Bane drew on any other nexus.

I'll respond when you can actually prove that he can draw on the Ambrian nexus, considering you've done so poorly responding to my points to begin with.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Bane would one-shot Obi-Wan with TK or lightning and almost blitz him in sabers. blitz him in sabers LOL that's beyond retarded. The general has canon saber strikes faster than bane has ever been said to do n he wasn't blitzed.. he's dealt with dooku in sabers 2 times n wasn't blized... fought anakin in an extended fight n wasn't blitzed. As a padawan he dealt with maul who killed his master and wasn't blitzed. It's borderline retarded to even say he be disposed quickly

FreshestSlice
I'll respond when you can actually prove that he can draw on the Ambrian nexus, considering you've done so poorly responding to my points to begin with.
What points? It's only a nexus feat when compared brought up, but as soon as the fight takes place on a nexus, someone has to prove he's actively drawing on it, just not on any other occassion? Yeah, that doesn't make any sense at all. But it's cool how you've talked yourself into a corner. I want proof Bane can actively tap into all the other nexus, and then I want to know how that's any different from the Ambrian one.

carthage
What points? It's only a nexus feat when compared brought up, but as soon as the fight takes place on a nexus, someone has to prove he's actively drawing on it, just not on any other occassion? Yeah, that doesn't make any sense at all. But it's cool how you've talked yourself into a corner. I want proof Bane can actively tap into all the other nexus, and then I want to know how that's any different from the Ambrian one.

Uh no? Again none of his feats accomplished on a nexus were ever replicated, ergo he can't do it due to the darkside saturation of the area.

On Korriban i,e the temple where Bane is trained Qordis outright confirms the temple (where Bane defeated Sirak) is a nexus and strong focal point of darkside energy. He never replicated the speed feats he accomplished in the temple, and Qordis confirms this himself:

-Path of Destruction

On Lehon Bane remarks that the darkside energy present was even more powerful than what he felt on Korriban:

Bane feels the power of the temple /;

In the vicinity of the temple the darkside energy causes him to feel lightheaded and faint

-Path of destruction

Bane reconfirms that there is great power in the interior of the temple:

-Path of destruction

---
I've already established that Bane's feats off nexus are clearly inferior to what he accomplished on darkside saturated worlds. He doesn't need to 'actively' draw on it, he can sense it around him and he is amped regardless. Again he never accomplished anything similar to moving faster than a roomful of Sith could perceive, toppling a temple, or any of that. Kenobi of his own natural power is superior to Bane in every way

carthage

How is that a bad thing? Maul is vastly more skilled than Bane, has better dueling feats, is faster, and has superior feats in TK.

Bane is closer to folk like Quinlan Vos or Qui Gon Jin in terms of skill.

FreshestSlice
*snip*
All you've established is that he can feel it, but I'm not seeing where he actively proves he can use it. I'm not sure Bane even knows how to use a nexus.

Nephthys
Why are you talking to carthage?

FreshestSlice
Because I find him amusing?

KuRuPT Thanosi
Why are you talking to carthage?

Not sure why u said this when u hysterical said bane can blitz kenobi lulz

Nephthys
Are you another Intrepid sock?

(jk)

Emperordmb
Carthage's constant use of double standards, gross under-exaggeration of Bane's feats, and viewpoints on Bane's fights that arbitrarily change based on which character he's trying to lowball make him not worth my time.

carthage
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Carthage's constant use of double standards, gross under-exaggeration of Bane's feats, and viewpoints on Bane's fights that arbitrarily change based on which character he's trying to lowball make him not worth my time.

Ive humiliated you in every Bane thread youve ever posted in, kiddo. Bane has no feats to compare, the only reason I even respond to your posts anymore at all is to further discredit you from the few posters on this site that arent contaminated by fanboyism like your or Neph. lmao, what double standards you mean your inability to bring up superior feats for Bane in the face of superior characters? Go away you aren't even apart of this discussion

carthage
All you've established is that he can feel it, but I'm not seeing where he actively proves he can use it. I'm not sure Bane even knows how to use a nexus.

And youve yet to establish that Bane (in spite of cannonical evidence and his own admission of feeling the darkside energies) was able to achieve those feats in spite of those two factors? Bane never achieved the same destructive level of hos feats on TK anywhere else other than those planets. He cannot do so under normal circumstances

Sinious
Are you another Intrepid sock?

Yeah its him.

@ Intrepid

C-walk homie cool

carthage
Originally posted by Sinious
Yeah its him.

@ Intrepid

C-walk homie cool

No its not dimwit, he's been on this forum longer than Intrepid. He isnt a spck of him unless Jack has been arguing SW since 2008. Kurupt just recognizes Nephs laughable fanboyism of Bane

Sinious
No its not dimwit, he's been on this forum longer than Intrepid. He isnt a spck of him unless Jack has been arguing SW since 2008. Kurupt just recognizes Nephs laughable fanboyism of Bane

LMAO I didnt even read what he said. I just remember Intrepid saying he loves Kurupt the rapper so I assumed that was him.

Nephthys
It's not really that true, though. The thing with Ventress was a one off, Maul's feat on Florrum was hardly a game-changing card, and Dooku's only ragdolled him once.

I'm sure he's been chumped more than that.

Sure, but that's not a one shot.

If you can beat someone with one Force attack, how is that not a one-shot?

Vader doesn't have any post-ANH TK feats of note, it's mostly just his blade work he improves on.

I fought he got more powerful after ANH. That's what Lord Stark says and I like his avatar so like come the **** on???

Who knows, but he didn't do anything of the sort against Zannah in the stone prison.

But he filled an entire library with a Force storm an hour after learning the technique. erm

Emperordmb
Ive humiliated you in every Bane thread youve ever posted in, kiddo.
Are you kidding me? It's possible for two people to debate opposite sides or hold opposite viewpoints and still respect each other. With you however, nobody who doesn't hold a viewpoint congruent to yours has any respect for you, and the only times anyone actually compliments you, it is for use in using you as a standard against which bad things are compared to insult others.

Bane has no feats to compare
You ignore every feat and accolade for Bane I provide you with, even if it is directly supported by the text, through use of double standards (which I will address later), the nexus argument (which also ties into the double standards I will address later), and the use of certain diction to undermine Bane's feats while hyping those of his opponents. For example, when Kenobi slowly bends Grievous's chestplate open, you claim he "ripped it open," but when the text explicitly says he ripped a durasteel door open (which he did while drugged), you refer to it as him "just moving" the durasteel door. Or when Bane reduces the internal organs of guards to pulp with a telekinetic wave (also while drugged), you refer to it as him "rubbing the insides of guards."

the only reason I even respond to your posts anymore at all is to further discredit you from the few posters on this site that arent contaminated by fanboyism like your or Neph.
So you are doing this specifically to spite me? Even when I don't make a post or don't respond to one of your posts you continue to try and bait me, same with Neph. That is not what a legitimate debater does, that is what a troll and a flamer does.

lmao, what double standards
Where do I begin?! Let's see...
The nexus argument is a major one. You harp on the nexus argument for the characters you hate and claim they are incapable of their feats without nexuses, yet when it's Kun who was on a nexus, "he could've done it without a nexus" or "there's no proof the nexus was the source of his power." Or how about the fact that you harp on Bane's "nexus feats" in versus threads, but when he has access to them you say "oh he can't use it to his advantage."

Another main one that I've noticed is how you arbitrarily express different points of view on the outcomes of fights in Bane's era, based on which character you are currently trying to lowball. Whenever you are lowballing Bane you say "he got his ass kicked by Kas'im" but when you are lowballing Kas'im, you say "he got his ass kicked by trainee Bane." When lowballing Bane you say "he got trashed by Zannah," but when lowballing Zannah you say "she couldn't even beat him without a nexus."

You also frequently harp on Bane's capture at the hands of the Huntress and a squad of mercenaries, however let's not forget that Bane lost to them after putting up a fight in less favorable circumstances than Dooku or Maul lost to the pirates, or than Grievous lost to the Gungans.

you mean your inability to bring up superior feats for Bane in the face of superior characters?
A lot of Kenobi's ROTS feats you bring up for him are directly contradicted by the movie for one. But I could chalk that up to your other examples of ignoring canon, such as when you refer to characters as "weak" "trash" "fodder" "shit" and "pathetic," even though they have been canonically referred to as very powerful.

We all can lowball Carthage. There are quite a few things I could point out about Kenobi and some of the other PT Jedi. For example, I could say that Maul and Dooku losing to pirates was pathetic. I could say that Anakin not immediately destroying clovis in a fistfight is pathetic. I could say that Maul not destroying Sugi in a fistfight, and failing to cut her down as she lay on the ground defenseless as he slashed at her like a rabid animal pathetic. I could say Obi-wan getting his ass kicked by two death watch members is pathetic. I could say Anakin and Obi-wan struggling with holding up a crystal while working in tandem is pathetic.

You also make the claim that Bane only being able to kill non force sensitives with TK blasts is pathetic. I find it interesting that Bane's force waves consistently kill their targets and completely **** up their internal organs, even when he's not at his peak or when he's drugged. On Oba Diah, when Dooku unleashed a force wave, or when Anakin and Obi-wan unleashed a force wave in tandem, it knocked over the Pykes, but they still managed to stand up less than a minute later. So their telekinetic waves, unlike Bane's, aren't even lethal.

Bane's power with the force was also such that he was only considered to be safely imprisoned with the use of drugs to prevent him from using his force powers, while the likes of Dooku, Maul, Anakin, and Obi-wan can be confined and imprisoned successfully without the use of drugs to dull their force powers.

Or I could also address the fact that Bane was fending off Zannah while unarmed and drugged, while Anakin was fleeing from a droid and a subpar bounty hunter while drugged, with Cad Bane remarking that he's not so dangerous without his lightsaber.

Go away you aren't even apart of this discussion
Seeing as you do much of the stuff you do to spite me, especially regarding Bane, I don't see how I'm not a part of this discussion when you have gone to such pains to draw me in.

Nephthys

Goddamn it, you always let him bait you. sad

Sinious
@ EmperorDMB

Nice post thumb up

NewGuy01
Goddamn it, you always let him bait you. sad

thumb up Every single time.

Nephthys
Not really.

Seriously, how can you justify suggesting it doubled his power? Thats really really dumb.

That's pretty cool.

He also melts blasters with an ionic storm at one point.

Ok?

I'm very proud of it.

Anakin has special strength because he was born of the Force and has an unparalleled midi-chlorian count. The title is irrelevant, as is that of the Sith'ari in anything other than a philosophical context.

And he was born of the Force with an unparallelled force connection to be the Chosen One. His strength is directly tied into his status.

The Sith'ari can be translated as "God of the Sith" and was stated to be a being of perfect strength and power. It's not merely a philosophical context, its an ancient prophecy about the ultimate Sith. For Bane to be the Sith'ari, that means he must possess the qualities of the Sith'ari, which are immense strength and power. Afterall, the prophecy was made of the guy who'd be the reincarnation of Adas, whose whole schtick was being this unbeatable badass who curbstomped the Rakata.

NewGuy01
KuRuPT is back! LOL this is going to be awesome.

carthage
Nephs Bane wank is immense, for being the "Shithari" all Bane has ever done is kill fodder non force sensitives. Lmao. Bane is the weakest of the Dark lords by far in terms of his force feats

Nephthys
What about Ajunta Pall? Dude doesn't even have force feats.

Kaan is a Dark Lord too, is Bane weaker than him?

Also what about Zannah? Is Bane far weaker than her too?

NewGuy01
That's not true. I mean, that Force rub seemed pretty effective.

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs36/f/2008/251/1/e/link_raep_face_by_linkrapefaceplz.png

carthage
They lack showings to compare. Bane is stronger than them by default, also Banes force rub is pathetic and just proof he loves beating up guys that cant defend themselves. Put Bane in a ring with Malgus, Revan, Kun, Krayt, Maul, or Vader and when he's trying to rub their insides, they humiliate him by being better than him in combat

NewGuy01
Nope, that's it. The only other instance was on Mandalore, and Kenobi was injured & had only realized Maul was present a half second beforehand, no time to put up defenses.

Kenobi halved Maul with a single strike in TPM, but I would never say Obi-Wan could one-shot Maul.

In RotJ he mentioned he was at the peak of his power, but that doesn't really suggest notable increase from ANH, so no.

He also unleashed one in the Stone Prison, but it wasn't of the caliber his RoT one was.

Nephthys
Zannah was the Dark Lord too you know.

carthage
Zannah is also inferior to everyone I mentioned. thumb up

Nephthys
But you said Bane is the weakest of the Dark lords by far in terms of his force feats.

So is he far weaker than Zannah?

carthage
I think he is above her personally, again she had a circumstantial victory through usage of the Ambrian nexus. But she was never anything more than he was to begin with, unless you think that beating Harth was better than Bane beating Sirak. Her force feats as Rain indicate a lot of raw potential, but Karpashyn never fully explored how far she could take it

Nephthys
So you were wrong?

Nargaroth
Kenobi takes the saber part without too much effort. For the Force part, Kenobi will receive the Ventress treatment.

Nephthys
You think Kenobi can beat Orbalisk Bane in sabers without much effort?

carthage
So you were wrong?

Wrong about what? Neither of them are impressive as Sith as far as the order goes, Bane might be marginally above her but its irrelevant. Neither of them can hold their own against truly mighty Sith

Nephthys
You were wrong about Bane being the weakest of the Dark lords by far in terms of his force feats.

I win.

Nargaroth
I was referring to DOE Bane. Orbalisk Bane, of course, is a wholly different story, and still not because of his skill, but because of his durability.

Fated Xtasy
You were wrong about Bane being the weakest of the Dark lords by far in terms of his force feats.

I win.

thumb up

carthage
Of course hes stronger than characters that have no feats? I never disputed that, i was referring more to the characters hes often held in common with not featless unknowns like Ajunta Pall. Why bring them up knowingly when they lack showings to compare? Are you mad Bane sucks?

Fated Xtasy
Of course hes stronger than characters that have no feats? I never disputed that, i was referring more to the characters hes often held in common with not featless unknowns like Ajunta Pall. Why bring them up knowingly when they lack showings to compare? Are you mad Bane sucks?

I love how you completely ignore the fact that you've been caught stumbling over your own Bullshit and just try to toss it under the rug, what makes this even more funny, is that i'm positive you yourself don't even believe your own words.

I'll give you one thing troll, you're commitment to this "role" of yours is impressive - completely and utterly pathetic, yes. but still impressive.

Nephthys
No I'm mad that you were wrong about Bane being the weakest when apparently he's stronger than Zannah. Why carthage, why? I had such high expectations for you. How could you be so stupid.

I am so so disappointed in you.

carthage
I love how you completely ignore the fact that you've been caught stumbling over your own Bullshit and just try to toss it under the rug, what makes this even more funny, is that i'm positive you yourself don't even believe your own words.

I'll give you one thing troll, you're commitment to this "role" of yours is impressive - completely and utterly pathetic, yes. but still impressive.

Uh, Neph brought up Sith with no feats out of nowhere where in prior posts I was comparing Bane to Kun, Malgus, Krayt, etc. I never denied Bane was inferior to Sith with no showings, Neph shoehorned them in there. Where in my post did I ever say Bane was weaker than Sith like Ajunta Pall? You also are the reason the thread has has gone on this long

carthage
No I'm mad that you were wrong about Bane being the weakest when apparently he's stronger than Zannah. Why carthage, why? I had such high expectations for you. How could you be so stupid.

I am so so disappointed in you.

In the thread Ant made about Zannah running a gauntlet I already said Bane was superior to Zannah a few weeks ago

FreshestSlice
And youve yet to establish that Bane (in spite of cannonical evidence and his own admission of feeling the darkside energies) was able to achieve those feats in spite of those two factors? Bane never achieved the same destructive level of hos feats on TK anywhere else other than those planets. He cannot do so under normal circumstances
This isn't under normal circumstances, and you haven't proved he is unable to draw on the nexus, just as you haven't proved he was able to draw on those. I await quotes for both though. Feel free to post them.

Sinious

My thoughts exactly. laughing

carthage
This isn't under normal circumstances, and you haven't proved he is unable to draw on the nexus, just as you haven't proved he was able to draw on those. I await quotes for both though. Feel free to post them.

He wasnt able to draw on the Ambrian nexus to begin with due to whatever reason. You dont have to 'actively' draw on a nexus in order for it for it to amp you, Bane was involuntarily feeling woozy due to it, Kuns gauntlets only were as active as potently as they were in the Yavin temple, and both of there feats were enhanced by the darkside energy there to varying degrees. Again what reason do you have for Banes inability/discrepancy in power when he was on Ruusan and Ambria? Feel free to post them

FreshestSlice
He wasnt able to draw on the Ambrian nexus to begin with due to whatever reason.
Go ahead and give me the quote then. Stop asking me for quotes as a response, when I'm asking a question. I'm not even debating, I'm asking for the information you claim to have. Let's see it, if you don't have it, cool, if you do, cool. But I want to know one way or the other. You stalling isn't going to speed up this process.

Fated Xtasy

Freshest.... Are you alright? you rarely ever argue with Carthage. You doing this for amusement or are you drunk? I'm worried sad you rarely ever give Carthage the satisfaction of goading/engaging you. you're too good for that smokin'

FreshestSlice
I want to see how far down the rabbit hole this discussion will go.

carthage
Go ahead and give me the quote then. Stop asking me for quotes as a response, when I'm asking a question. I'm not even debating, I'm asking for the information you claim to have. Let's see it, if you don't have it, cool, if you do, cool. But I want to know one way or the other. You stalling isn't going to speed up this process.

I provided you with proof that the area he was in was a dark side nexus, and you have failed to prove that Bane could ever replicate those feats when I listed all of them on a previous page. Again you dont need to actively draw on a nexus to actively have it affect you (as evidenced by Bane feeling woozy in entry to Lehon).

Ive already showed that the area he was in has affected him involuntarily

carthage
Freshest.... Are you alright? you rarely ever argue with Carthage. You doing this for amusement or are you drunk? I'm worried sad you rarely ever give Carthage the satisfaction of goading/engaging you. you're too good for that smokin'

Buzz off Fated

Fated Xtasy
Buzz off Fated

I would, but i'm not a Bee, so sadly i can't do that boo sad

Sinious
I would, but i'm not a Bee, so sadly i can't do that boo sad

All you need is the right colors.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Sinious
All you need is the right colors.

LMFAO

carthage
I want to see how far down the rabbit hole this discussion will go.

Bane outright confirms that Prakith is a nexus in Dynasty of Evil when he ventures to retrieve Andeddu's holocron:

-Dynasty of Evil

Bane contemplated drawing on the Andeddu temple nexus to kill the cultists that emerge out of the temple/they are also amped as well

Bane unequivocally states that he drew on the power of the temple to disintegrate the Andeddu cultists

-Dynasty of Evil.

Bane utilizes the temple energy to drain the cultists:

-Dynasty of Evil

--So now we've established the proof that Bane is perfectly aware of how to draw upon a nexus which alleviates the issue of your claim that he couldn't. Bane's nexus feats while impressive, all are not derived from his own power as evidenced by his inability to replicate any of them and the fact he confirms he drew on the Temples energy for his death field feat and his drain feat. Kenobi's feats with TK are all verifiably of his own power, Bane's are not

New Strength feat for Bane:

With regards to Bane's death ray feat, Bane also said he could replicate that but that it would be exhausting and would likely not work in combat like drain either.

FreshestSlice
So you just proved Bane can in fact use the nexus here. Thanks. With Orbalisks this is a GG, and Kenobi's finished. thumb up

carthage
Its all good bro, I never stated that Kenobi could take Orbalisk Bane. But he would trash DOE Bane, and its Fated's fault for not specifying which version of Bane it was. Great discussion though thumb up

Emperordmb
I love how Carthage brought up the one example where I don't challenge Bane's use of a nexus.

carthage
I love how Carthage brought up the one example where I don't challenge Bane's use of a nexus.

What do you have to do with this discussion?

Go away please, if you really think I "troll you" pllease don't bring me up unless I address a post to you. Freshest is the only good debater in this thread that I was speaking too

McP
DoE Bane couldn't even overpower Zannah in a strict lightsaber fight. Only because of her lack of perception he was able to find an advantage over her.
Kenobi's perception during lightsaber combat is much better (he has proven it on Mustafar), his skill with Soresu is also superior. He's at least as fast as Zannah (possibly even faster) and has superior strenght and possibly stamina.
Bane wont be able to overcome Kenobi's defense in strict lightsaber fight.

As a Force user, I believe that Bane is superior to Kenobi. But I'm not sure, if he will be able to catch Kenobi off-guard.
Sidious with his lightning was able to throw a lightsabers from their users' hands (Yoda, for example). His lightning was extremely hard to block, even with a lightsaber.
Bane's lightning was leagues below Sidious'. He couldn't everpower Zannah's defense with that, and he wont be able to break Kenobi's defense as well.
Many people was able to catch Kenobi off guard with their TK - Dooku, Maul, Ventress. But they have to find him off-guard first.
Ventres did that because both - Kenobi and Skywalker - lowered their guards, as they thought that she was already beaten.
Maul did that a few times: once because Kenobi have to split his concentration between Opress and Maul, once when Kenobi was already exhausted, and once when Kenobi charged him in order protect another Jedi.
Dooku also was able to catch Kenobi off guard only because he outmaneuvered and throw him off balance in lightsaber duel short before.

Bane doesn't has necessary skills in a swordsmanship to be able to outmaneuver Kenobi.
Actually, it's quite possible for Kenobi to take even all-out.

Nephthys
Zannah > Obi-Wan in lightsabers.

McP
nice one, funny XD Almost as funny as your last jokes about Mace's Vaapad ;p

Nephthys
I'm not joking. She is faster, more powerful and has superior force defenses as well as lightsaber defenses in general.

McP

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>