SHAZAM & Martian Manhunter Vs Black Bolt & Gladiator

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Golgo13
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/SHAZAM_zps46f71079.jpg
&
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/MA_zps2d628a63.jpg

vs

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/GLA_zps8db4245f.jpg

pym-ftw
Telepathy ftw

Supermex
Team 2

Close fight

Golgo13
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Telepathy ftw

Or intangibility. thumb up

Supermex
Gladiator beats Shazam I'm a close fight

Black Bolt takes Manhunter in a closer fight..
BB can't be tp'ed and is also very vers. But I believe he is more skilled than MM in battle

Golgo13
Nah, Black Bolt isn't immune. Plus, how does he deal with his phasing?

And MM can beat Gladiator, so it can be switched. SHAZAM hanged with DCnU Superman who is a LOT stronger.

carver9
Huh?

Supermex
Originally posted by Golgo13
Nah, Black Bolt isn't immune. Plus, how does he deal with his phasing?

And MM can beat Gladiator, so it can be switched. SHAZAM hanged with DCnU Superman who is a LOT stronger.

You confused me here

Golgo13
Originally posted by Supermex
You confused me here

With what?

krisblaze
Black Bolt's not falling for anyone's telepathy.

I still think team 1 could take this.

Golgo13
Originally posted by krisblaze
Black Bolt's not falling for anyone's telepathy.

I still think team 1 could take this.

What's the highest being he has taken on in terms of telepathy?

Also, how does anyone on team 2 deal with shape shifting and intangibility?

krisblaze

Maximus.

Well, how does anyone deal with shapeshifting? They deal with it...

Intangibility is a tough one for Gladiator, Black Bolt has tools to deal with it.

pym-ftw
BB isn't beating this team 3v1

Golgo13
Maximus.

Well, how does anyone deal with shapeshifting? They deal with it...

Intangibility is a tough one for Gladiator, Black Bolt has tools to deal with it.

What are Maximus's top TP feats? There have been beings (Mageddon, Joker, etc...) who were extremely hard to get in/control, but MM has.

I don't see anyone dealing with shape shifting. Especially, since he can morph into a more powerful/stronger being.

Golgo13

It's 2 vs 2.

krisblaze
What are Maximus's top TP feats? There have been beings (Mageddon, Joker, etc...) who were extremely hard to get in/control, but MM has.

I don't see anyone dealing with shape shifting. Especially, since he can morph into a more powerful/stronger being.

Is this preboot MM? You used a picture of DCNU MM.

He can't morph into a more powerful being...he doesn't draw in extra-dimensional mass.

Jean couldn't touch Gladiator via telepathy, and she has better feats than DCNU MM smile

Golgo13
Is this preboot MM? You used a picture of DCNU MM.

He can't morph into a more powerful being...he doesn't draw in extra-dimensional mass.

Jean couldn't touch Gladiator via telepathy, and she has better feats than DCNU MM smile

He has both Pre 52 and DCnU. He shape shifted into a more formidable being to easily tank Apollo's attack. He also morphed to absorb earth's mass to become stronger.

krisblaze
He has both Pre 52 and DCnU. He shape shifted into a more formidable being to easily tank Apollo's attack. He also morphed to absorb earth's mass to become stronger.

We're using both?

What about Shazam? Is it preboot Shazam also? lmao

Obviously this isn't a matchup team 2 can win then.

Golgo13
We're using both?

What about Shazam? Is it preboot Shazam also? lmao

Obviously this isn't a matchup team 2 can win then.

We'll use DCnU, so team 2 can have a chance. shifty

MM still has used shapeshifting to tank energy and physical attacks, though.

1. Where he shapeshifts into a worm to put Apollo on his ass.

2. Where he shape shifts twice to tank Wildfire's Anti-Matter attack and Tyroc's sonic scream.

krisblaze
So it's DCNU then?

Team 2 wins.

Golgo13
Again, how do they deal with intangibility? MM has weakened the likes of Atrocitus with TP.

Supermex
Team 2 wins

There's a reason pre DC got reboot
Cuz they f,,,ked it all up!

Now I hear DC is f,, king dcnu up as well.

Golgo13
Nah, DCnU has been good. Some good and some bad. You should check out some of the books, before you judge.

Supermex
So what you saying Golgo??

That MM is going to use intangablitiy to hide from this fight?
MM is going to have to come out sooner or later and get that ass whopping he has coming.

I like MM and he can be hard to beat. BB is a lot like him.. Hard to beat, but I feel BB has the vers and powers to beat MM.

MM will have to come out of hiding once Shazam is taking a beating from Gladiator and BB double team style.

krisblaze
Again, how do they deal with intangibility? MM has weakened the likes of Atrocitus with TP.
So it is preboot then?

Golgo13
So it is preboot then?

No, MM and Atrocitus met in Stormwatch. MM also tanked his energy/blood attack that tore a hole through time and space prior to their fight. Atrocitus had a tough mind to get into, because he had so much rage, yet MM still weakened him through a telepathich assault.

carver9

Heat vision.

Golgo13
Originally posted by carver9
Heat vision.

Another energy attack that he can shape shift to overcome.

krisblaze
No, MM and Atrocitus met in Stormwatch. MM also tanked his energy/blood attack that tore a hole through time and space prior to their fight. Atrocitus had a tough mind to get into, because he had so much rage, yet MM still weakened him through a telepathich assault.
Thinking about the intangibility you keep mentioning..

Supermex
Nah, DCnU has been good. Some good and some bad. You should check out some of the books, before you judge.

I have.. That's why i said what I said.

U claim not to know anything about marvel comics, yet u make a fight thread and just say dc wins only cuz u claim to know only what dc can do.

Read up on some Marvel, then you won't make so many stomps.

I make a lot of threads here to and know more about Marvel, but I try not to make stomp threads if I know the characters involved.

All I'm saying is BB has the power set to beat MM.
Gladiator can hang or beat Shazam, but that fight is more of a toss up to me..

Edge to team 2

Golgo13
I have.. That's I said what I said.

U claim not to know anything about marvel comics, yet u make a fight thread and just say dc wins only cuz u claim to know only what they can do.

Read up on some Marvel, then you won't make so many stomps

I make a lot of threads here to and know more about Marvel, but I try not to make stomp thread if I know the characters involved.

How are they ruining the characters, though? Mind you, not all of them have been good, but I've been enjoying a bunch of DC's lines.

And this isn't a stomp.

DARTH POWER
Pre-Reboot MM could phase through HV. Not sure about new 52 though.

carver9
Another energy attack that he can shape shift to overcome.

Gladiator is faster than MM though. He would cover the distance near instantly and probably drop MM (points to his fight against Zod and Cyborg).

Supermex
How are they ruining the characters, though? Mind you, not all of them have been good, but I've been enjoying a bunch of DC's lines.

And this isn't a stomp.

No this fight is not a stomp..

Its a good close fight..

Golgo13
Gladiator is faster than MM though. He would cover the distance near instantly and probably drop MM (points to his fight against Zod and Cyborg).

MM was fast enough to catch the Flash in battle. He's not faster.

Supermex

So your saying Gladiator is not faster, cus you only know how fast MM is and know nothing about Gladiator or you know about Gladiator and know he is not as fast as MM or faster?

Clarification plz

carver9

no expression Arguments like this drives me crazy. How fast was Flash going when MM hit him?

Golgo13
no expression Arguments like this drives me crazy. How fast was Flash going when MM hit him?

Well, there were two instances. Kinda. In Trinity War, we see MM grabbing both Flash and Superman. And in Forever Evil JLA, MM is reading Flash's thoughts, which were going light speed.

carver9
Well, there were two instances. Kinda. In Trinity War, we see MM grabbing both Flash and Superman. And in Forever Evil JLA, MM is reading Flash's thoughts, which were going light speed.

The thought part isn't a combat ft and Flash doesn't always go his top speed. Everyone has hit him so far. I wouldn't consider that a ft that proves he could keep up with Gladiator since we have no idea on how fast Flash was going.

Golgo13
The thought part isn't a combat ft and Flash doesn't always go his top speed. Everyone has hit him so far. I wouldn't consider that a ft that proves he could keep up with Gladiator since we have no idea on how fast Flash was going.

But it shows he can think at super speed levels. It's not like Gladiator always blitzes anyways.

relentless1
Martian manhunter byhimself wuld be a good fight for team 2, with Cap he stomps

maxivitopowe
What makes you say that

Star428
LOL. I don't see how anyone thinks that the Marvel duo could take this and WTF is BB doing in this battle? Both CM and MM are clearly Superman-level. Although MM is more like a Superman-lite stat wise, imo. Based on his complete powerset though, he should be able to even beat Superman more often than not. But, he always jobs to him just like Darkseid does. Gladiator is like a poor man's Superman but BB isn't anywhere near that level. He'll get taken out almost immediately then Gladiator gets beat down. Also, if Jonn's intangibility, invisibility, and shape changing aren't enough to win along with CM's help he can always use telepathy for an easy win.

I just can't see how team 2 can win even 1/10.

Supermex
What has BB not done to be in this fight?

carver9
What has Captain Marvel done via DCNU to warrant a win against any of these combatants?

DarkSaint85
Ping pong table.

Supermex
What has Captain Marvel done via DCNU to warrant a win against any of these combatants?

I was thinking the same thing

Carver, who has BB ever lost to in a fight?
I can only think of Thanos..
( Skrull - Black Bolt) Dont cpunt , cuz its not BB himself..

If remember right he has never lost a fight till the Thanos fight.

carver9
I was thinking the same thing

Carver, who has BB ever lost to in a fight?
I can only think of Thanos..
( Skrull - Black Bolt) Dont cpunt , cuz its not BB himself..

If remember right he has never lost a fight till the Thanos fight.

He lost to Thor as well. Thor broke his antenna in a fight because he figured out that was how BB was controlling his powers. Minus that, I can't think of a loss under his belt.

carver9
The Thor fight.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/ThorvsBlackBolt1.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/ThorvsBlackBolt2.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/ThorvsBlackBolt3.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/ThorvsBlackBolt4.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/ThorvsBlackBolt5.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/ThorvsBlackBolt6.jpg

BB did well though and his physical stats was increasing during this battle.

DarkSaint85

Win records aren't the be-all and end-all, as carver points out correctly. People frequently job (Flash, as mentioned by carver).

I brought up the pingpong table, as Shazam could wish for a weapon to take BB down.

'Yes, DS, now post scans of him doing this in battle!' I hear some posters cry. He doesn't. Neither does BB go around screaming or even whispering, unless the situation is dire - see his fight with Thor, that carver posted.

Gladiator could well fall to MM. DCnU is less prone to preboot MM's propensity to read minds, punch later - he goes straight into attack mode.

IOW, Shazam/MM win this. Not a stomp, though.

Supermex
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Win records aren't the be-all and end-all, as carver points out correctly. People frequently job (Flash, as mentioned by carver).

I brought up the pingpong table, as Shazam could wish for a weapon to take BB down.

'Yes, DS, now post scans of him doing this in battle!' I hear some posters cry. He doesn't. Neither does BB go around screaming or even whispering, unless the situation is dire - see his fight with Thor, that carver posted.

Gladiator could well fall to MM. DCnU is less prone to preboot MM's propensity to read minds, punch later - he goes straight into attack mode.

I can agree to this here in a win for team 1 but not a stomp.

Right now I Dont think dcnu Shazam can beat Gladiator..
Thou Dcnu MM has been beast, I think BB can counter him..

So I give it to team 2 Marvel over team Dcnu .. I think op said Dcnu we using here.

I give it to team 1 Dc if it's preboot..

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by DarkSaint85

BB unleashes whispers pretty often. Or he could just turn his ping pong table to mush... big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.