Thanos VS KMC ALL-STAR X-MEN

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LordofBrooklyn
Thanos

http://marvelite.prohosting.com/surfer/profiles/graphics/thanos.gif

VS

KMC, you have to pick 10 X-MEN to stop Thanos.

You can amp 2 of the X-Men.

NO LEGION.
NO DARK PHOENIX.
NO ONSLAUGHT.

No reality warpers etc.

Stanor
Are villains allowed too?

janus77
Mr. Immortal bores him to death.
Wolverine bores him to death.
Storm fans drive him insane.
Jubilee phases his penis into Beast ... resulting in death by embarrassment.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Stanor
Are villains allowed too?

Yes, just for you!

DarkSaint85
Longshot
Havok
Pixie
Domino
Cloak
Fantomex
Doop
Iceman
Juggernaut
Cassandra Nova

Bye Thanos.

Incidentally, LoB, you have not addressed your other thread with my team. You can't just go in, say 'your team loses' then leave....

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Longshot
Havok
Pixie
Domino
Cloak
Fantomex
Doop
Iceman
Juggernaut
Cassandra Nova

Bye Thanos.

Incidentally, LoB, you have not addressed your other thread with my team. You can't just go in, say 'your team loses' then leave....

I did respond.

I said the team's plan was too TAO centric and that they lacked the power to overcome the Darkside Avengers.

I will recheck.

One_Angry_Scot
Just to quickly ask before I take my pick. Can I say a specific version of a character. Like Shaman Nate is that okay with you?

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
Just to quickly ask before I take my pick. Can I say a specific version of a character. Like Shaman Nate is that okay with you?

Shaman Nate is above trans I believe. At least he was at the end of his arc.

Lets see your list and figure it out then.

To the question of specificity, yes, you can have a distinct version of a character i.e. God Cable.

Stanor
So if God cable is allowed my team will consist if

God cable
Magneto
Apocalypse
Iceman
Juggernaut
Exodus
Vulcan
Cassandra Nova
Pixie
Regular X-Man

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
Shaman Nate is above trans I believe. At least he was at the end of his arc.

Lets see your list and figure it out then.

To the question of specificity, yes, you can have a distinct version of a character i.e. God Cable.

Guess I was pushing my luck a bit with Nate there, just wanted to see if you were cool with like you said "distinct versions."

So I will choose.

1. Exodus
2.Vulcan
3. God Cable
4. Regular X-Man (so non Shaman)
5. Matthew Malloy
6. Magneto
7. Kid Omega
8. Absolon Mercator

I couldn't think of another 2 to add. And I know a couple of these can warp reality to some extent but I guess you can just cancel out their abilities to do so.

I would amp Absolon Mercator and X-Man. This list may be bit of a mess but if it goes to far or something I can change it all.

I assumed when you said X-Men you meant X-Men related. Given what DS posted I thought my list would be okay.

LordofBrooklyn
So if God cable is allowed my team will consist if

God cable
Magneto
Apocalypse
Iceman
Juggernaut
Exodus
Vulcan
Cassandra Nova
Pixie
Regular X-Man

What are your steps to victory?

Guess I was pushing my luck a bit with Nate there, just wanted to see if you were cool with like you said "distinct versions."

So I will choose.

1. Exodus
2.Vulcan
3. God Cable
5. Matthew Malloy
6. Magneto
7. Kid Omega
8. Absolon Mercator

I couldn't think of another 2 to add. And I know a couple of these can warp reality to some extent but I guess you can just cancel out their abilities to do so.

I would amp Absolon Mercator and X-Man. This list may be bit of a mess but if it goes to far or something I can change it all.

I assumed when you said X-Men you meant X-Men related. Given what DS posted I thought my list would be okay.

How does your team win?

DarkSaint85

So I will choose.

1. Exodus
2.Vulcan
3. God Cable
5. Matthew Malloy
6. Magneto
7. Kid Omega
8. Absolon Mercator

My team are all X-men!

Stanor
My team are all X-men! Before LOB ask you how does your team win?

One_Angry_Scot
My team are all X-men!

Oh sure I just meant Juggs hadn't always been with the X-Men, wasn't casting aspersions on your choices. Just wanted to know what LoB was willing to let me choose with regards to characters.

One_Angry_Scot
So I think Vulcan plays quite a part here, his absorption can prove vital given that he becomes stronger with each bit of power he absorbs.

So I think the muscle that heads straight on into the fight will be an amped Absolon, God Cable and an amped X-Man.

All together these 3 beings carry enough power to take Thanos head on, 2 of them are amped (although I don't know how much as per LoB's stips). So these 3 can all fire extremely powerful blasts at him and they are all capable of putting up forcefields to atleast resist an attack from Thanos.

Absolon had very small but beastly showings in X-Men the 198 Files and making him amped make shim so much more powerful. You then have Nate who will also be amped. Coincidently I am making a respect thread for him so I have seen some of the crazy stuff he can do.

So overall I think God Cable, an amped X-Man and an amped Absolon have more than enough power to take on Thanos for a time.

You then have the section of people who would be attacking him through telepathy.

Matthew Malloy, Exodus and Kid Omega can attack him via telepathy to further put strain on Thanos during battle.

Then finally have what would be the lone rangers of sorts,

Magneto and Vulcan don't really belong to a telepathy or outright capability to take on Thanos as well as others but they both bring other bonuses to the fight.

Vulcan as we know is a living conduit of absorption, so while he gets the odd blast on Thanos he can be absorbing all of the enrgy released from the big 3 hitters. So he will be boosted exponentially. Not combined with the fact that Vulcan could attempt to absorb Thanos's various energy blasts.

Magneto now I am not as sure about. He is more one to manipulate the environment around them. Or creating forcefields to protect the telepaths or Vulcan. Then he could attack Thanos if need be.

So that's what I would say overall. It may be a decent explanation or may sound like complete crap. Be sure to let me know what you think.

krisblaze
Shaman Nate above trans? The hell are you guys smoking

carver9
Classic Mags and Vulcan is a huge factor.

My team...

New Sun
Iceman
Classic Mags
Vulcan
God Cable
Hope
Leech
Exodus
Xman
Joseph
Bishop

By the way, Juggernaut isn't a mutant.

krisblaze
Btw Juggernaut has a dormant x-gene in him. So he still shows up as a mutant as far as I can remember.

LordofBrooklyn
So I think Vulcan plays quite a part here, his absorption can prove vital given that he becomes stronger with each bit of power he absorbs.

So I think the muscle that heads straight on into the fight will be an amped Absolon, God Cable and an amped X-Man.

All together these 3 beings carry enough power to take Thanos head on, 2 of them are amped (although I don't know how much as per LoB's stips). So these 3 can all fire extremely powerful blasts at him and they are all capable of putting up forcefields to atleast resist an attack from Thanos.

Absolon had very small but beastly showings in X-Men the 198 Files and making him amped make shim so much more powerful. You then have Nate who will also be amped. Coincidently I am making a respect thread for him so I have seen some of the crazy stuff he can do.

So overall I think God Cable, an amped X-Man and an amped Absolon have more than enough power to take on Thanos for a time.

You then have the section of people who would be attacking him through telepathy.

Matthew Malloy, Exodus and Kid Omega can attack him via telepathy to further put strain on Thanos during battle.

Then finally have what would be the lone rangers of sorts,

Magneto and Vulcan don't really belong to a telepathy or outright capability to take on Thanos as well as others but they both bring other bonuses to the fight.

Vulcan as we know is a living conduit of absorption, so while he gets the odd blast on Thanos he can be absorbing all of the enrgy released from the big 3 hitters. So he will be boosted exponentially. Not combined with the fact that Vulcan could attempt to absorb Thanos's various energy blasts.

Magneto now I am not as sure about. He is more one to manipulate the environment around them. Or creating forcefields to protect the telepaths or Vulcan. Then he could attack Thanos if need be.

So that's what I would say overall. It may be a decent explanation or may sound like complete crap. Be sure to let me know what you think.

Thanos is a master strategist so I think he would handle it as follows.

God Cable is the biggest overt threat. I think the Mad Titan places him in a forceblock as soon as possible.

X-Man will be pushed to his limits and I don't think he has ever matched someone as powerful as Thanos unamped.

Two big problems for the Conqueror.

Vulcan and Exodus.

I think Exodus, Magneto and the Psionics attack just as you stated.

Thanos's psionic defense is probably the best in comics. They would have him occupied but not diminished.

VULCAN UNLEASHED!

Vulcan has been absorbing every bit of energy released in the battle. So it is Ultimate Vulcan against Thanos.

The question is whether Thanos can exceed the power unleashed against Vulcan in his battle against Boltagon.

If I had to bet I think Thanos outlasts Summers.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by krisblaze
Shaman Nate above trans? The hell are you guys smoking

At the end of his arc Shaman Nate was pushing the limits of that tier with ease.

DarkSaint85
Before LOB ask you how does your team win?

Longshot
Havok
Pixie
Domino
Cloak
Fantomex
Doop
Iceman
Juggernaut
Cassandra Nova

Cloak attempts to BFR him. Fails. Instead, he gets back, and BFR's/forceblocks Iceman, my main powerhouse.

He then tanks Havok's best shots, then fires a massive AoE blast which kills half of my team.

Cassandra attempts to mindrape him, only to fall into his trap, and he punches Juggy's helmet off, then mindphucks him. Together, they smash the rest of my team into pieces.

Only to realise that he's been punching thin air all this while, thanks to Fantomex, who's been misdirecting him into destroying his own equipment. Pixie goes and fetches Iceman back, then the fun begins.

He fires another energy blast, which amps Havok. Him and Juggy simultaneously start beating the crap out of Thanos, whilst Cassandra and Doop mind-rapes him. Don't forget, people here are giving Vulcan good odds; Havok was able to absorb so much energy he was hurting Vulcan, of all people.

Their attacks are all aided by Domino and Longshots luck powers, which enable victory for my team.

krisblaze
At the end of his arc Shaman Nate was pushing the limits of that tier with ease.
No, not even close.

He wasn't even pushing the limits of what Surfer accomplished in v1.

LordofBrooklyn
I am looking for evidence to OUST Longshot as we speak!

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by carver9

By the way, Juggernaut isn't a mutant.

What does it matter? He asked for X-men, not mutants. I might as well say Juggernaut isn't Hispanic; whilst true, makes no difference.

DarkSaint85
Longshot (joined in the 80s)
Havok (70s)
Pixie (08)
Domino (09)
Cloak (09)
Fantomex (2010)
Doop (2011)
Iceman (original member)
Juggernaut (03)
Cassandra Nova (future version , Here Comes Tomorrow)

LordofBrooklyn
IIRC Longshot was some vagrant the X-Men took in out of kindness and not an official member.

This is looking like a disqualification folks.

DarkSaint85
He was in uncanny x-men, and quit in 1989 #248. You can't quit if you're not a member.

DarkSaint85
I can do replace Icemsn with Tempus.

Time stop ftw.

LordofBrooklyn
He was in uncanny x-men, and quit in 1989 #248. You can't quit if you're not a member.

BAH !

I require nourishment!

In the meantime perhaps the Thanosi can address this BEFORE I deal with you!

DarkRaiden
Thanos would lose tot hat team but not the way he said. Domino+Longshot's luck would just be too much IMO.

Anyways

Darwin
Longshot
Domino
Rogue
Sage
Hope Summers
Leech
Sebastian Shaw
Mimic
Multiple Man

Sage amps everyone, Rogue touches one of Mimic's clones (thanks to Multiple Man) and Hope just uses their powers. So we have a bunch of lucky, adaptive, people who cancel powers, absorb kinetic energy, and have all of Mimic and Thanos's powers.

Plus w/e other powers Rogue or Mimic have ever had (thanks to Sage).

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by DarkRaiden
Thanos would lose tot hat team but not the way he said. Domino+Longshot's luck would just be too much IMO.

Anyways

Darwin
Longshot
Domino
Rogue
Sage
Hope Summers
Leech
Sebastian Shaw
Mimic
Multiple Man

Sage amps everyone, Rogue touches one of Mimic's clones (thanks to Multiple Man) and Hope just uses their powers. So we have a bunch of lucky, adaptive, people who cancel powers, absorb kinetic energy, and have all of Mimic and Thanos's powers.

Plus w/e other powers Rogue or Mimic have ever had (thanks to Sage).

They are all vulnerable to psionic attacks.

If Thanos gets to mimic he now has the means to create an army under his power.

The question is how fast could he activate this attack.

Can Thanos get to Mimic before his Psionic powers are cancelled?

YES, he can! evil face

DarkRaiden
They are all vulnerable to psionic attacks.

If Thanos gets to mimic he now has the means to create an army under his power.

The question is how fast could he activate this attack.

Can Thanos get to Mimic before his Psionic powers are cancelled?

YES, he can! evil face

Leech negates all of Thanos's powers though...and thus so will Mimic.

Also Darwin's adaptation powers would cover that.

AND Mimic has Prof. X's telepathy. Thanos is good, but he's not gonna easily take down Prof X. in a psionic battle.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by DarkRaiden
Leech negates all of Thanos's powers though...and thus so will Mimic.

Also Darwin's adaptation powers would cover that.

AND Mimic has Prof. X's telepathy. Thanos is good, but he's not gonna easily take down Prof X. in a psionic battle.

I think Thanos' psionic feats prove he can surmount Xavier.

maxivitopowe
Thanos

http://marvelite.prohosting.com/surfer/profiles/graphics/thanos.gif

VS

KMC, you have to pick 10 X-MEN to stop Thanos.

You can amp 2 of the X-Men.

NO LEGION.
NO DARK PHOENIX.
NO ONSLAUGHT.

No reality warpers etc.

God Cable
Hope
Vulcan
Longshot
Domino
Exodus
Apoc
New Sun
Cloak
Thanos

DarkSaint85

Cool. My team is still winning heh

To Max: I don't remember Apoc and Thanos being X-men....

maxivitopowe
Do clone kids count?

And given that Thanos makes himself lose wouldn't that make Jim pay of all the teams that stop him?

DarkSaint85
Ohhh you're using Evan - my bad, sorry!

Has he got battle feats yet? Genuine question. He always seems to cry when battles occur.

maxivitopowe
He's an apocalypse, and don't all feats share I know they don't

and i notice you didn't say anything about my reasonings for Thanos

DarkSaint85
I didn't understand it, lol.

DarkRaiden

Not at all. Especially not an army of them. Thanos can successfully defend against Xavier for sure, but nothing shows that he would defeat Xavier handily enough for it to be used in battle.

LordofBrooklyn
Thread resurrection.......

GO!!!

Sin I AM
Hope and Colossus with cytorrak/pf enchantment should do the trick

DarkSaint85
Longshot
Havok
Pixie
Domino
Cloak
Fantomex
Doop
Iceman
Juggernaut
Cassandra Nova

Cloak attempts to BFR him. Fails. Instead, he gets back, and BFR's/forceblocks Iceman, my main powerhouse.

He then tanks Havok's best shots, then fires a massive AoE blast which kills half of my team.

Cassandra attempts to mindrape him, only to fall into his trap, and he punches Juggy's helmet off, then mindphucks him. Together, they smash the rest of my team into pieces.

Only to realise that he's been punching thin air all this while, thanks to Fantomex, who's been misdirecting him into destroying his own equipment. Pixie goes and fetches Iceman back, then the fun begins.

He fires another energy blast, which amps Havok. Him and Juggy simultaneously start beating the crap out of Thanos, whilst Cassandra and Doop mind-rapes him. Don't forget, people here are giving Vulcan good odds; Havok was able to absorb so much energy he was hurting Vulcan, of all people.

Their attacks are all aided by Domino and Longshots luck powers, which enable victory for my team.

Magnon
Rogue
Forgetmenot
Loa

Rogue absorbs their powers, then walks to Thanos and SPLOORCHes his head.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Magnon
Rogue
Forgetmenot
Loa

Rogue absorbs their powers, then walks to Thanos and SPLOORCHes his head.

Are you really sure this is enough for The Mad Titan?

Supermutant
Pro X
Hope
Magneto
Vulcan
god Cable
Omega Level Iceman
New Sun Gambit
Colossusnaut
P5 Magik & Emma Frost

Magnon
Are you really sure this is enough for The Mad Titan?
Should be. Forgetmenot was able to remain unnoticed for years with beings such as Phoenix, Cassandra Nova, Apocalypse, etc. around. His powers should keep Thanos oblivious of Rogue's presence long enough for her to get close. Furthermore, Loa has never failed to disintegrate anything that is made of matter. For example, she easily destroyed Seamus Mellencamp despite his indestructible scales, and Dr. Doom quickly erected a forcefield when fighting her because he knew a slight touch from Loa would've decimated his hyper-advanced armor (along with himself).

Thus, with these two powers at hand, Rogue could simply walk to Thanos, punch him in the face, and kill him.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Supermutant
Pro X
Hope
Magneto
Vulcan
god Cable
Omega Level Iceman
New Sun Gambit
Colossusnaut
P5 Magik & Emma Frost

Too many amped characters here!

DISQUALIFIED!!!!!

Insane Titan
Should be. Forgetmenot was able to remain unnoticed for years with beings such as Phoenix, Cassandra Nova, Apocalypse, etc. around. His powers should keep Thanos oblivious of Rogue's presence long enough for her to get close. Furthermore, Loa has never failed to disintegrate anything that is made of matter. For example, she easily destroyed Seamus Mellencamp despite his indestructible scales, and Dr. Doom quickly erected a forcefield when fighting her because he knew a slight touch from Loa would've decimated his hyper-advanced armor (along with himself).

Thus, with these two powers at hand, Rogue could simply walk to Thanos, punch him in the face, and kill him. laughing

DarkSaint85
Forgetmenot is always interesting,but I wouldn't like him on a team.

Rogue wouldn't know who the hell this balding creepy looking guy approaching her is. Touching her to give her Hus powers? She's equally likely to punch him away.

Juntai

Thus, with these two powers at hand, Rogue could simply walk to Thanos, punch him in the face, and kill him. Haha. Clever.

Magnon
Forgetmenot is always interesting,but I wouldn't like him on a team.

Rogue wouldn't know who the hell this balding creepy looking guy approaching her is. Touching her to give her Hus powers? She's equally likely to punch him away. Well, you can replace Forgetmenot with Fantomex and the basic idea remains the same. Or we can have Forgetmenot soaked in AXE and equipped with Swiss chocolate so that he can approach Rogue safely without getting punched (after all, we are allowed to amp some of the X-men as per the OP).

DarkSaint85
Jeez, don't think OP meant we could amp them to abstract level...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.