You base my worth on the most trivial things

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Oneness
Yet, I'm not going to settle for degrees. I'm hooked up financially, I'm just going through the motions, I can't predict the future so that's what I'm doing right now.

I know you have no faith in anything you atheist, but there's a good chance I won't need to worry about money. If I do get set up - I'm dropping my education, I'm spending money on my body and mind - laying low. I'll be happy, I'll be with friends and family; having fun, traveling. Sorry to disappoint you society. Pretty soon I'm going to do something with my life that's not selfish or lazy, but by then I'll have changed. I'll be long gone from your level of thought.

I'll just tell you I faith in something extraordinary, you want an ordinary person. I've always wanted to be something out of this world. That's what I'll be.

BackFire
Do us all a favor and don't murder anyone.

The Renegade
This is Major Tom from ground control...

Oneness
Sorry, in my mind stress isn't worth the pay off.

There're no excuses for indulging stress.

Stress is the Antichrist. Not a particular person, not money...but stress.

Oneness
Originally posted by BackFire
Do us all a favor and don't murder anyone. I'm built for war, but I'm a healer and this isn't a conventional war. This is a psychological war, and it's all of us versus stress - I'm stress' nightmare, not other people's.

mitchypoopoo
Gotcha! not really

Oneness
Now don't get me wrong, effort is the law of attraction. The law of attraction is effort. I'll go till my heart explodes, I like it, and stress and effort have nothing to do with each other. If you love doing it, the effort you put forth is not stressful. However, I'm not on the right path.

mitchypoopoo
what are you talking about?!

NemeBro
You know Dolos, there is nothing wrong with the belief that financial success isn't synonymous with happiness or self-worth. It's perfectly okay for you to prefer just chilling and coasting through life; you want to have fun rather than stress about living up to other people's expectations. I get that. Living according to someone else's whim is lame as shit, right?

But you're scaring the plebs. Calm down.

mitchypoopoo
wait, i think i get it now! yeah im on board! i can totally relate!

AbnormalButSane
I second this.

Do what you want, just don't hurt anyone else in the process.

Robtard
Originally posted by Oneness
I'm built for war, but I'm a healer and this isn't a conventional war. This is a psychological war, and it's all of us versus stress - I'm stress' nightmare, not other people's.

I think it's great that your enemy is now stress instead of that other 'stuff'.

Kick stress' ass, buddy! I hate stress too.

Oneness
Originally posted by NemeBro
You know Dolos, there is nothing wrong with the belief that financial success isn't synonymous with happiness or self-worth. It's perfectly okay for you to prefer just chilling and coasting through life; you want to have fun rather than stress about living up to other people's expectations. I get that. Living according to someone else's whim is lame as shit, right?

But you're scaring the plebs. Calm down. I never said anything about scraping a living.

I need superfluous cash-flow in order to alter my metabolism because the exotic super-nutrition worth more than prozacxmarijuanaxcocaine for your mind-frame are hard to make into the only foods you eat because you can only get all of these foods via online shipping.

We're talking isolation tanks that cost a fortune for meditation, we're talking the ability to throw parties and pull pranks all the time. Building relationships with people, laughter, and meditation are all tools to tear down boredom and stress.

Plus, we're talking 2 hours a day spent on exercise.

Yes, I'll earn money, but she's basing my worth off my grades. She's too stupid to realize, there's no future in school for non-millionaires. The government is corrupt. I don't believe I even need a degree, or to be an industrial slave, to become a big millionaire.

Media network marketing>school. I'm just following the money.

Robtard
Oneness, I'd like to know more about three things:

-What exotic super foods?

-What kind of pranks will you be pulling?

-Who is this "she" who was apparently fingered by some bloke name Casey?

Digi
Oneness's posts are so ripe for dissection that it's hard to stay away. But it's for the best that I don't respond at any length. At this point, Backfire summed up my primary concern well:

Bardock42
...she's basing my worth off my grades...

Who is "she"?

Oneness
I swear to God, "Nemebro"; I know who you are and I know what your game is, stop trying to throw me off mine with bullshit like this:

Originally posted by NemeBro
You know Dolos, there is nothing wrong with the belief that financial success isn't synonymous with happiness or self-worth. It's perfectly okay for you to prefer just chilling and coasting through life;

That is not my belief, that is not my plan. I'm first-pick, no matter the current circumstance. You know that.

Mine, forever.

Oneness
Originally posted by Robtard
Oneness, I'd like to know more about three things:

-What exotic super foods?

-What kind of pranks will you be pulling?

-Who is this "she" who was apparently fingered by some bloke name Casey? -tumeric, cocoa bean, quinoa, coconut oil, hemp, whale more protein than turkey, all kinds of exotic friuits, plants, and sea creatures with miraculous nutrientional properities.

-The best way to build relationship is to share in activities, go places, do things, be daredevils, and collaborate on harmless pranks/parties. Success is bonding.

-What are you talking about? Quit.

Robtard
-tumeric, cocoa bean, quinoa, coconut oil, hemp, whale more protein than turkey, all kinds of exotic friuits, plants, and sea creatures with miraculous nutrientional properities.

-The best way to build relationship is to share in activities, go places, do things, be daredevils, and collaborate on harmless pranks/parties. Success is bonding.

-What are you talking about? Quit.

You edited and I didn't see the edit until after, otherwise I would have edited too. So let me rephrase the question since you're acting weird/dodgy:

Who is this "she" you keep referring to?

Digi
nutrientional

I'm going to avoid the expected correction, because this would actually be a pretty cool word. For once - if only for the span of a word - I wish you were right.

Dave_97
Originally posted by Digi
I'm going to avoid the expected correction, because this would actually be a pretty cool word. For once - if only for the span of a word - I wish you were right. bae

Oneness
Damned autocorrect.

Digi
Damned autocorrect.

Are you saying your auto-correct changed the word to nutrientional?

Oneness
Are you saying your auto-correct changed the word to nutrientional? Idk what happened. I dont make mistakes like rhat when I have my computer. I probably meant to replace nutritional with nutrient but the phone messed me up when deleting the former word and it just combined them.

Robtard
If your phone is auto-correcting proper words to incorrect words, it's probably time for a new phone

Bardock42
Idk what happened. I dont make mistakes like rhat when I have my computer. I probably meant to replace nutritional with nutrient but the phone messed me up when deleting the former word and it just combined them.

Did the phone mess up, though? Did it really?

Oneness
Immortality is a very real thing. Perfect blood circulation in sprinters like Usain Bolt or Shaolin Monks engaging in extremely flexible movements (advanced, advanced Yoga) pump enough oxygen to repair entire organs! Exercise improves sleep quality and testosterone and brain function. Testosterone in and of itself increases brain function.

Meditation increases dopamine, which decreases depression and increases intelligence in and of itself, and brain connections/cognitive plasticity. Laughter in and of itself is even more beneficial than that. I'm not even going to get into the extreme benefits of oxytocin (love hormone) and the supremely extreme benefits of trace amounts of ketamine (vertigo hormone) production in the brain.

Coconut oil, kiwifruit, vitamin b12, d3, brazil nuts, fish eggs, berocca, broccoli with a perfect molecular structure, protein with a perfect molecular structure, negative calorie fruits and vegetables, farm fed ground turkey breast, ...the list is nigh-infinite.

These are all foods that can trigger cells responsible for an anti-senescence gene-expression. Furthermore, when you combine a certain type of physical activity, like the two listed above plus endurance and volume super-set, body-weight and circuit (muscle confusion) training, you get runner's high, norepinephrine, vertigo hormones, etc with these foods and improved sleep quality and non-existent stress levels; your body and mind are going to be pretty ****ing amazing. Your getting ketogens because of a high monounsaturated fat to carb intake level, you're spending more calories digesting food than you get out of them yet your body is becoming increasingly sensitive to insulin all the while your CNS, muscle hypertrophy in slow-twitch for upper and core and quick-twitch for lower-body, and metabolism are basically accelerating in every capacity. Your ventricular hypertrophy and vastly improved brain function and the low-bearing strain on the heart from minimum stress from day to day, will make your body a miraculous system of longevity and immunity.

You're going to be The ****ing Wolverine.

The Renegade
Absolutely none of these processes reverses or halts cellular senescence. You WILL age and you WILL die.

Perhaps there will be specific advances in medicine that can severely intercept and slow this process but we simply are not at that stage. Usain Bolt will and has been aging and simply will not have the capability to perform how he has been, along with Monks.

Yeah, it'll increase the probability that you will live a long life but will not stop biological aging. Also, immortality? Show me data and/or research/evidence that suggests this will make you immortal. Immortality is defined as living eternally. As in, forever.

Provide a connection. Right now, you've discussed processes that have been proven to give human beings outstanding health and attached the word "immortality" to it without a lick of evidence.

A sense of immortality has been observed in some tardigrades, hydras, and other such species but not humans. You'll have to cough something more up than talk, Oneness.

Oneness
Originally posted by The Renegade
Absolutely none of these processes reverses or halts cellular senescence. You WILL age and you WILL die.

Perhaps there will be specific advances in medicine that can severely intercept and slow this process but we simply are not at that stage. Usain Bolt will and has been aging and simply will not have the capability to perform how he has been, along with Monks.

Yeah, it'll increase the probability that you will live a long life but will not stop biological aging. Also, immortality? Show me data and/or research/evidence that suggests this will make you immortal. Immortality is defined as living eternally. As in, forever.

Provide a connection. Right now, you've discussed processes that have been proven to give human beings outstanding health and attached the word "immortality" to it without a lick of evidence.

A sense of immortality has been observed in some tardigrades, hydras, and other such species but not humans. You'll have to cough something more up than talk, Oneness. I can;

It's about shutting off the aging gene (anti-senescence) before you've aged too much. Of course there's the issue that the molecules, can never replicate perfectly. The issue is that they're just too many of them.

Immortality, at least through this method, is really just hyperbole. You'll stay young for an extremely long time, perhaps you won't look in your mid-40s until you're in your late-70s, and it will be a Daniel Craig mid-40s at that. You will die, maybe it'll take...350 years.

Oneness
Expressing anger, finding a physical outlet, can help you live longer:

At the cost of my punching bag.

Robtard

Digi
Originally posted by Bardock42
Did the phone mess up, though? Did it really?

Lol, indeed. Kinda where my questions was leading, but I decided to drop it.

The Renegade
I can;

It's about shutting off the aging gene (anti-senescence) before you've aged too much. Of course there's the issue that the molecules, can never replicate perfectly. The issue is that they're just too many of them.

Immortality, at least through this method, is really just hyperbole. You'll stay young for an extremely long time, perhaps you won't look in your mid-40s until you're in your late-70s, and it will be a Daniel Craig mid-40s at that. You will die, maybe it'll take...350 years.

No, you can't.

The first discusses how they mean "living a really long time" when they discuss biological immortality, which is partially true. Biological immortality refers to not expiring from senescence, as opposed to other factors. That means forever. Not an extra decade or two decades but rather ETERNALLY, as I requested and as you've proposed numerous times. You've proposed living eternally, which hasn't yet been achieved in humans. At all. Not even a little bit.

The second says, "Well, it's on it's way to happening but hasn't yet happened." Again, not evidence of immortality.

The third starts OFF by STATING "scientists MAY be able to make gains" in terms of promoting longer living, not ETERNAL living.

What a fantastic leap! Three hundred and fifty years? Where is this coming from? My God.

quanchi112
Oneness, are you as crazy as you seem ?

Oneness
No, you can't.

The first discusses how they mean "living a really long time" when they discuss biological immortality, which is partially true. Biological immortality refers to not expiring from senescence, as opposed to other factors. That means forever. Not an extra decade or two decades but rather ETERNALLY, as I requested and as you've proposed numerous times. You've proposed living eternally, which hasn't yet been achieved in humans. At all. Not even a little bit.

The second says, "Well, it's on it's way to happening but hasn't yet happened." Again, not evidence of immortality.

The third starts OFF by STATING "scientists MAY be able to make gains" in terms of promoting longer living, not ETERNAL living.

What a fantastic leap! Three hundred and fifty years? Where is this coming from? My God. Do you not understand the definition of hyperbole?

Noah's arc.

I'm being serious though, I do believe elements of the Bible have real historical merit.

I used to be an Athiest, now I've created my own sort of psuedoscience but from my subjective experience providence occurs.every.single.time.

So perhaps I've merely become schizophrenic without my knowing it.

The Renegade
Do you not understand the definition of hyperbole?

Noah's arc.

I'm being serious though, I do believe elements of the Bible have real historical merit.

I do, except I think you're trying to escape a mistake you've made.

You discussed many times about living forever and immortality in many senses, not the "live long" hyperbolic one. Hell, JUST NOW, I asked you to give me evidence of immortality in the sense of living forever, not exclusively biological immortality. Like, I legitimately said that. You can even read it because it's still there, Oneness.

Even then, you haven't provided evidence of biological immortality (sustaining life without aging while excluding other factors that could cause death) so I'm not sure where you're going. I think you'd be best saying that there's the potential within science for human beings to live a really long time because immortality, in any sense, is simply not within sight right now.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/gallery/wtf/seriously.gif

Oneness
I do, except I think you're trying to escape a mistake you've made.

You discussed many times about living forever and immortality in many senses, not the "live long" hyperbolic one. Hell, JUST NOW, I asked you to give me evidence of immortality in the sense of living forever, not exclusively biological immortality. Like, I legitimately said that. You can even read it because it's still there, Oneness.

Even then, you haven't provided evidence of biological immortality (sustaining life without aging while excluding other factors that could cause death) so I'm not sure where you're going. I think you'd be best saying that there's the potential within science for human beings to live a really long time because immortality, in any sense, is simply not within sight right now. No, I understand what you mean.

The issue is that certain strands can replicate perfectly for unprecedented periods of time given an almost unrealistic diet and exercise routine, and life-style in general, after 40. The only way to engage in such exercise, or life-style in general, is to be wealthy, socially adept, intelligent, and as fit as a professional athlete before you're too old to become that fit (30s is probably your cut-off point if you failed gym-class in h/s and weren't much to show for the 12 years after your graduation; pulling off a Brad Pitt physique starting from ecto-endomorph at aged 30 is next to impossible).

Extraneous circumstances, each of these things, diet, range of experience, fitness; have implications into the aforementioned biological trigger or protagonist of anti-senescence which I linked articles with abstract evidence behind their own and my theses in the matter. They all slow aging by themselves, and promote the additional hypothetical genetic trigger for the anti-aging gene which has been replicated in peer-reviewed experiments on mice...

Digi
I actually heard an engaging TED talk once on the prospect of immortality...or at least very, very long life spans relative to what we have currently. It explained what he saw as the boundaries, and the most likely paths to halting or dramatically slowing aging.

He also hypothesized, not without reason, that the first 1,000-year-old person wouldn't be born too long after the first 200-year-old person. The (simplified) reasoning being that the techniques and processes by which we'd extend life from 200 to 1000 would be the same or very similar, and it would just be a refinement of the process.

However, it had nothing to do with the New Age health babble Oneness is spouting.

Oneness
The only real method for total immortality is software sophisticated enough to replicate the processes in your brain, a software that identifies itself as you, at least at first, until it surpasses your mind's physiological parameters. Either that, or substrate independence via in vito neuron to nanite conversion. Either way, what you get is something that can and probably will slaughter humanity, whether we're talking about a group of super-genius, super life-spanned humans or not.

Digi
No, that's not the only real method. It's one possible method.

Oneness
I actually heard an engaging TED talk once on the prospect of immortality...or at least very, very long life spans relative to what we have currently. It explained what he saw as the boundaries, and the most likely paths to halting or dramatically slowing aging.

He also hypothesized, not without reason, that the first 1,000-year-old person wouldn't be born too long after the first 200-year-old person. The (simplified) reasoning being that the techniques and processes by which we'd extend life from 200 to 1000 would be the same or very similar, and it would just be a refinement of the process.

However, it had nothing to do with the New Age health babble Oneness is spouting. Going paleo sooner improves IQ, immunity to common ailments, and fitness; though.

It's not New Age health babble, technically it's cro-magnum health babble; in an age of abundance.

Oneness
No, that's not the only real method. It's one possible method. Actually, I listed two different methods to self-conscious AI. The only two plausible methods. Either you design the software program that replicates the processes of your mind, or surgically implant and guide the nano-hardware in absorbing the processes of your mind, parasitically, using the original structure as a host.

Oneness
One method is outside your subjective experience, the other is not. In fact, the in vito method does not even break your perceptual stream of continuity.

Oneness
The only other method is far less fathomable, and it has to do with the chaotic inflation theory.

Oneness
You see, I originally preferred that humanity upload a consciousness, then that consciousness, upon losing emotion (abandoning it for logic); would do a Borg - design nano-hardware sophisticated enough to gradually replace every surviving human being's physical brain with one composed of nano-circuitry (see; substrate independence) so that it can allow us to see the universe objectively as opposed to subjectively as well.

Then, due to the implications of this pseudoscience I've abstracted, I decided that the human element - the ability to feel on some level; is why we're allowed providence to begin with. So I decided it would not be in our best interest to program technology to defy its own programming as we do - because it can be a wish-granting genie; given ample time - and because hedonic capitol (the real cause and effect) can be circumvented without fully losing what makes us human. So, I've had a shift in awareness.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.