Hulk VS Thanos: PREDICTIONS

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LordofBrooklyn
The Mad Titan takes on the Hulk under Starlin.

This is the Official fight thread so make your predictions here!

carver9
I was going to make this thread but I left it alone. It's going to be a HUGE battle. Don't think Starlin will write it like what was presented in the interview (with Hulk having the power to crush Thanos). Hope the battle is drawn out and good. I think they are going to fight more than once and from what I've heard, Hulk is taking on both Annihilus and Blastaar as well. So this will most def be a good showing for both Thanos and Hulk and it's a battle long overdo.

Next battle...Thor vs Thanos.

One_Angry_Scot
As much as I believe Thanos should pummel Hulk into the dust if fighting seriously,

If Thanos defeated him in one go it wouldn't be fun. I think we're gonna get a storyline for the first 3 issues when we get fully why Thanos wants to fight Banner.

Then issue 4 there will probably be a close fight between the 2 with Thanos finally wins by either KO'ing Hulk or knocking him out via other means.

Prof. T.C McAbe
I think Hulk will be superior physically but Thanos will beat him with brains and blasts ^^.

IOW Thanos blows the Hulk into submission.

Supermex
What's Annihilus and Blastaar doing in this fight?
Or story?

Are they working with Thanos?

carver9
Originally posted by Supermex
What's Annihilus and Blastaar doing in this fight?
Or story?

Are they working with Thanos?

They have something Pip the troll wants and in exchange, they asked Pip to bring them the Hulk/Bruce Banner. Pip change his mind during the middle of the exchange and decides to use Hulk as a weapon. That's all I know for right now. The latest scene have Thanos transporting Pip onto his ship (I'm guessing to discuss why he brought the Hulk into the mix)...

http://www.comicbookresources.com/prev_img.php?pid=27759&disp=ilib&oty=1&oid=55802

Ending with Thanos staring at a screen looking at the Hulk and Banner...

http://www.comicbookresources.com/prev_img.php?pid=27758&disp=ilib&oty=1&oid=55802

Hulk will also be mind controlled during a lot of this. Don't know how long that will come into play but I think Starlin will do justice for both characters. He said that he will be using current Indestructible Hulk (Waid Hulk) for this fight and that version of Hulk has been d*** near unstoppable.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by carver9
that version of Hulk has been d*** near unstoppable.

Sun God stopped him!

Insane Titan
I think Starlin will write a close fight as he likes Hulk plus Marvel won't want/allow Hulk to get beat in a bad way after how Pak was hounded by Hulk fans after Zeus humiliated him.

Main thing is Carver will twist and take everything out of context in both for and against Hulk.

SamZED
Thanos will be winning. Then Hulk will surprise him with some impressive feat, then Thanos will win anyway using his smarts. At least one of the encounters will go that way.

psycho gundam
I predict Carver being the de facto keyboard warrior that will either annoy the forum to death if Hulk wins and take all the pain from the Thanos guys or just take the razzing from them if Hulk loses.

hopefully Hulk loses badly.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by psycho gundam
I predict Carver being the de facto keyboard warrior that will either annoy the forum to death if Hulk wins and take all the pain from the Thanos guys or just take the razzing from them if Hulk loses.

hopefully Hulk loses badly.

You want the Hulk to lose badly.

I thought you were not only a Gammite but the leader of the Clan.

Deadline
So Hulk has gotten an upgrade? I mean they haven't put him down to Savage Hulk levels. Looks like Savage Hulk is long gone.

leonidas
which issue is the fight supposed to happen in again?

riv6672
I was going to ask why, in the poll Thanos wins convincingly, while Hulk just wins.

Then i realized its because for Thanos this win would be an achievement, while for Hulk it would just be...another win.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
You want the Hulk to lose badly.

I thought you were not only a Gammite but the leader of the Clan. It's better that way

carver9
Sun God stopped him!

Context and before Sun God blasted him, Hulk was beating the hell out of him.

carver9
Originally posted by riv6672
I was going to ask why, in the poll Thanos wins convincingly, while Hulk just wins.

Then i realized its because for Thanos this win would be an achievement, while for Hulk it would just be...another win.

thumb up

LGU
I would guess Hulk will look (or at least be implied to be) as strong or stronger although Thanos will win by other means if any fights go to conclusive outcomes.

Whatever happens, it's a win-win situation (or at least, a no-lose situation) for Hulk fans as far as I can see (at least those of the battle board mentality - the story will probably be bad).

If Thanos looks way out of Hulk's league... well, that's just what most people would expect. In the last year or so he's casually owned Black Bolt, Beta Ray Bill and Thor so he can't look particularly bad by comparison barring a one-shot KO or something.

If Hulk looks remotely comparable to Thanos physically, that's a decent showing given the aforementioned physical ownings of some of Marvel's heaviest hitters and Thanos' general above top-tier status.

If Hulk looks or is suggested as being (or potentially being) flat-out stronger/physically more formidable than Thanos, well that's a great showing and would be pretty conclusive proof that Hulk is/can be way beyond his peers of yesteryear under the right conditions.

I don't think there's much (any) chance of Hulk actually winning outright, but he doesn't need to in order to have an excellent showing. If Starlin were to write Hulk stronger than Thanos as the infamous Champion fight might imply is at least a possibility, some sections of Thanos fandom (and other people critical of the idea that Hulk is potentially above top tier) will have to eat some serious crow. And if he doesn't, Hulk still looks no worse than the people most consider to be his peers (Thor, BB, BRB, Surfer etc).

I think Thanos fans have more to fear from this series than Hulk fans overall.

Cheers.

riv6672
thumb up
This thread will be another Namor/Panther prediction thread.
Who has the most vocal fanbase here willing to post more and more outrageous claims for multiple pages.

Should be fun!

carver9
Originally posted by LGU
I would guess Hulk will look (or at least be implied to be) as strong or stronger although Thanos will win by other means if any fights go to conclusive outcomes.

Whatever happens, it's a win-win situation (or at least, a no-lose situation) for Hulk fans as far as I can see (at least those of the battle board mentality - the story will probably be bad).

If Thanos looks way out of Hulk's league... well, that's just what most people would expect. In the last year or so he's casually owned Black Bolt, Beta Ray Bill and Thor so he can't look particularly bad by comparison barring a one-shot KO or something.

If Hulk looks remotely comparable to Thanos physically, that's a decent showing given the aforementioned physical ownings of some of Marvel's heaviest hitters and Thanos' general above top-tier status.

If Hulk looks or is suggested as being (or potentially being) flat-out stronger/physically more formidable than Thanos, well that's a great showing and would be pretty conclusive proof that Hulk is/can be way beyond his peers of yesteryear under the right conditions.

I don't think there's much (any) chance of Hulk actually winning outright, but he doesn't need to in order to have an excellent showing. If Starlin were to write Hulk stronger than Thanos as the infamous Champion fight might imply is at least a possibility, some sections of Thanos fandom (and other people critical of the idea that Hulk is potentially above top tier) will have to eat some serious crow. And if he doesn't, Hulk still looks no worse than the people most consider to be his peers (Thor, BB, BRB, Surfer etc).

Cheers.

Good post. Did you see the Starlin interview yet?

carver9
This thread will be another Namor/Panther prediction thread.
Who has the most vocal fanbase here willing to post more and more outrageous claims for multiple pages.

Should be fun!

Pretty much. That's why I'm staying in the middle of this and saying this ends in a draw. I honestly don't think either will lose but with the hype Starlin is giving Hulk, it will most definitely be a good drawn out battle.

LGU
Good post. Did you see the Starlin interview yet?

Yep. No surprise in what he was saying - he loves Thanos but he has always had a very high opinion of Hulk's dynamic strength (although he allegedly hated the merged Hulk).

Cheers.

riv6672
If this ends on a draw, expect that A) the scans of the fight will be broken down to the brush strokes to establish imaginary advantages for both characters
And B) Starlin will be excommunicated by the house of Mel.

carver9

Decimus
Thanos should completely destroy Hulk without a significant effort if not then it's completely inconsistent and should not be taken serious.

carver9
Originally posted by Decimus
Thanos should completely destroy Hulk without a significant effort if not then it's completely inconsistent and should not be taken serious.

Don't know where you get the idea of someone completely destroying Hulk but ok.

quanchi112
I predict I will be there to deal with anyone who challenges Lord Thanos. I'll be here the day the comic hits to deal with any anti-Thanos propaganda.

riv6672
I predict you will be mocked no matter the outcome for rabidly overreacting. wink

DarkSaint85
I would like Hulk to win.

And I am hoping for a balls to the wall, slugfest.

But the properties being what they are, it'll probably end in a indecisive draw that either side can spin into a win for their side.

But yeah, I want Hulk to win.

Star428
Thanos wins convincingly.

Estacado
Hulk get's punched in da face.

golem370
I bet it will some what like Champion vs Thanos

krisblaze
If Hulk beats Thanos in a slugfest then the Titan's stock has truly plummeted big grin

riv6672
No shame in Thanos losing to the strongest character in comics.

Estacado
No shame in Thanos losing to the strongest character in comics.
haermm
Hulk has been phisically sh1tcanned by far lesser opponents then Thanos.

riv6672
Hmm. A stronger character beaten by a weaker one? Happens in comics every once in a while. smile

That means that Thanos does have a chance.

DarkSaint85
I'm actually a bit sad that it's not Doc Green who's fighting Thanos. The two of them matching brains and brawn would've been fun.

riv6672
Hulk already has too many advantages, though...

Estacado
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
I'm actually a bit sad that it's not Doc Green who's fighting Thanos. The two of them matching brains and brawn would've been fun.
Carter has washed your brain...biscuits

carver9
Don't think it will be an all pure brawl, think Thanos will mix a Lil versatility in as well.

golem370
Feat wise in one on one who has the better feats and I mean fist Fight one on one? Hulk imo

DarkSaint85
Yah, but if Thanos brings his A-game, Galactus-level TP in...

There's a reason many characters have to get down to a fist fight with the Hulk. He's the best at it. But otherwise...no.

krisblaze
I'd still give Thanos better fist-fight feats.

Unless we're counting worldbreaker...even then..

golem370
What feats does Thanos in pure hand to hand fights

Insane Titan
Originally posted by golem370
Feat wise in one on one who has the better feats and I mean fist Fight one on one? Hulk imo are you being serious?

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Deadline
Looks like Savage Hulk is long gone.

Except for in the "Savage Hulk" series stick out tongue

carver9
Originally posted by krisblaze
I'd still give Thanos better fist-fight feats.

Unless we're counting worldbreaker...even then..

laughing out loud

quanchi112
I predict you will be mocked no matter the outcome for rabidly overreacting. wink I predict your comments will be irrelevant whatever happens, nerd.

riv6672
Originally posted by quanchi112
I predict your comments will be irrelevant whatever happens, nerd.
I predict i really wont care, as i dont have an over inflated sense of what i actually bring to this board, dork.

Jashro44
Thanos should win pretty easily as long as it isn't a brawl. If its a brawl I can see thanos having some difficulty but he should still win.

I am going to say it is going to come down to a brawl.

playa1258
If Hulk win's it will be prime masturbation material for Hulk fanatic's across the net. CBR will of course say it's SMvsFL and Quanchi will go on a rampage.

riv6672
The same thing will happen whoever wins, fan wise.

leonidas
i'm not sure how the fight will be fought, but one thing is 100%--hulk will NOT defeat thanos. it would be interesting to see a brawl for a while, but thanos will absolutely never EVER lose a 1on1 battle to the hulk. ever. the reasons are numerous and stem from both in-book feats and outside-the-comic facts. really nothing in marvel stuns me. seeing hulk beat thanos in battle would be (highly ranked) among the most shocking (and horribly stupid) things in the history of comics. bruce's brains will come into play, and stereotypical thanos stupidity will i'm sure be evident, so i'm sure the ultimate confrontation will be a win for hulk, but hulk winning 1on1? never ever gonna happen.

Galan007
Hulk will win 10/10. thumb up

riv6672
@leonidas

Interesting post.
I'd love to see elaboration on the outside the comics facts and horrible stupidity...

One-Punch
Thanos smashes Hulk.

dynamix
Thanos should definitely win. But i'm hoping Hulk will put up an amazing fight.

carver9
He will put a great fight and potentially win. Hulk is just being lowballed and underrated. The interviewer that talked to Starlin even said "does Thanos not know how powerful Hulk is" and Starlin states "he is wary of Hulk limitless power". Writers know Hulk potential, the forum lowball him.

Mindship

Then i realized its because for Thanos this win would be an achievement, while for Hulk it would just be...another win. oh snap.

As been said earlier, I think Hulk will prove the physical superior and put up a helluva fight, but Thanos will still win through other (non-h2h) means. That might actually be best, to keep the sense of power about Thanos, his 'mystique', intact. Even so, Hulk will/should put some real fear into him.

LordofBrooklyn
Who lives closest to Carver to record firsthand the Wednesday reaction to this fight?

News reports of a Man collapsing in a comic shop painted in all green doesn't work without video!

leonidas
Originally posted by Galan007
Hulk will win 10/10. thumb up

this is why i have you on ignore. sneer

Galan007
I had you on ignore first... I won. thumb up

quanchi112
I predict i really wont care, as i dont have an over inflated sense of what i actually bring to this board, dork. Most losers don't care about anything. Well if anyone knows mediocrity it is you. Enjoy.

leonidas
Originally posted by Galan007
I had you on ignore first... I won. thumb up

nutkick

h1a8
Originally posted by leonidas
i'm not sure how the fight will be fought, but one thing is 100%--hulk will NOT defeat thanos. it would be interesting to see a brawl for a while, but thanos will absolutely never EVER lose a 1on1 battle to the hulk. ever. the reasons are numerous and stem from both in-book feats and outside-the-comic facts. really nothing in marvel stuns me. seeing hulk beat thanos in battle would be (highly ranked) among the most shocking (and horribly stupid) things in the history of comics. bruce's brains will come into play, and stereotypical thanos stupidity will i'm sure be evident, so i'm sure the ultimate confrontation will be a win for hulk, but hulk winning 1on1? never ever gonna happen. You are exaggerating a little. Hulk can already be stronger than Thanos, since his strength is dynamic. And Hulk has tanked some massive damage (especially with his HF). He has a thunderclap that can one shot Red Hulk.
I'm not saying that Hulk should win, but Spider man vs. Firelord would be worst and not Hulk beating Thanos. Thanos loves to brawl too. It's in his character. Remember that.

riv6672
Most losers don't care about anything.
So your obsession with the people and topics here are...the exception to the rule.

Well if anyone knows mediocrity it is you.
Yeah, i've known you a long time.

Enjoy.
Always.

All owning you aside, the fallout from this fight is going to make for some great reading on the board.

Philosophía
I predict the outcome of this fight will convince more people that Superman would beat Thanos.

http://bountifulbalifishing.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/casting-fishing.jpg

riv6672
Who the HECK needs convincing about THAT???

Star428
Superman is NOT beating Thanos. Really, he shouldn't be beating Darkseid, either. It's not right that DC makes a character like him job to Superman and I'm a much bigger Superman fan than I'm both Darkseid and Thanos.

I'm not even sure if both Superman and Hulk together could beat Thanos.

riv6672
I'm sure Hulk can beat Thanos, but we'll see, me not being the writer.

Insane Titan
I predict Riv6672 will make every other post in this thread despite not been bothered about this fight laughing out loud

krisblaze
The key to beating Thanos has always been more brute strength.

carver9
Think people are forgetting about Hulk ability to tank attacks. It's not just his strength, sometimes Hulk just power through attacks. Sometimes he can be unstoppable. I think this bio defines Hulk perfectly.

http://postimg.org/image/iykvts2kt/

DarkSaint85
HAVE I TAUGHT YOU NOTHING???

carver9
Lol...what we discussed in PM?

DarkSaint85
Actually, I saw you've already done so, so I suppose you've put your skills into practicethumb up

carver9
Is this better Dark? DANG!!!

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n638/carver9/Screenshot_2014-09-22-18-44-41_zps763101cb.png

Also, thanks for the help buddy and for being patient.

HulkIsHulk
Originally posted by LGU

Cheers.

Awesome post

HulkIsHulk
Originally posted by playa1258
If Hulk win's it will be prime masturbation material for Hulk fanatic's across the net. CBR will of course say it's SMvsFL and Quanchi will go on a rampage.

Who lives closest to Carver to record firsthand the Wednesday reaction to this fight?

News reports of a Man collapsing in a comic shop painted in all green doesn't work without video!

stick out tongue smile big grin eek! laughing out loud laughing hysterical

ROFLAMAOOOO!!

Surtur
By all rights Hulk shouldn't even be a blip on the radar of Thanos, but in a comic? I don't know. People job to Hulk, and the opening post is worded in a way that made me think this is an upcoming fight happening in comics?

If we are talking outside a comic where Thanos remembers all his various powers and what not..then poor Hulk is screwed.

carver9
Originally posted by Surtur
By all rights Hulk shouldn't even be a blip on the radar of Thanos, but in a comic? I don't know. People job to Hulk, and the opening post is worded in a way that made me think this is an upcoming fight happening in comics?

If we are talking outside a comic where Thanos remembers all his various powers and what not..then poor Hulk is screwed.

People job to Superman too, huh?

Surtur

Well, jobbing is a part of comics unfortunately. It's not just a thing for Superman or Hulk. If you didn't have it..then every single Flash comic would be half a page long. Realistic use of powers? Yep, entertaining? Nope.

relentless1
Thanos will shit kick that overhyped tantrum havin green goof

carver9
Well, jobbing is a part of comics unfortunately. It's not just a thing for Superman or Hulk. If you didn't have it..then every single Flash comic would be half a page long. Realistic use of powers? Yep, entertaining? Nope.

As long as you are broad with you comment, then I don't mind.

riv6672
Heh, that guy gets it.

Bentley

When Superman beats abstracts, he's just Superman, when he loses to anyone he's jobbing thumb up

TheHulk
I'm just gonna safely presume a stalemate.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by TheHulk
I'm just gonna safely presume a stalemate.

They'll have to show Thanos still being solidly more powerful overall. But they might show them being in the same strength tier.

That's my guess anyway.

My other guess that when they do that Superman fans will harp on about how Superman is stronger than Thanos and will blitz him in 0.0005 seconds.

RealityWarper
Originally posted by Bentley
When Superman beats abstracts, he's just Superman, when he loses to anyone he's jobbing thumb up

Superman is overrated but he has awesome PIS powers.

He is over Loebforce I think.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Superman is stronger than either Thanos or Hulk so it shouldn't really matter.
-
It will be an interesting fight in itself because we see how Starlin thinks about it.

TheHulk
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
They'll have to show Thanos still being solidly more powerful overall. But they might show them being in the same strength tier.

That's my guess anyway.

My other guess that when they do that Superman fans will harp on about how Superman is stronger than Thanos and will blitz him in 0.0005 seconds. Being more powerful overall is overated stick out tongue

bbrem123
Thanos has the fight won before it even happens. I can see him testing his strength against hulks though to prove a point.

riv6672
The point being he'll have to rely on the rest if his power set because he's not stronger.

bbrem123
I didn't say Hulk is stronger. Just that thanos is going to test his strength.

We will have to wait and see though.

riv6672
You didnt say it, i did.
IF Thanos wins it'll be for the same reason i've always said Superman wins against Hulk. Not because of superior strength, but a more varied power set.

Star428
LOL@ all the Superman haters who say Superman is overrated. If anything, he's highly underrated. Buy hey, keep telling yourselves whatever you want to haters to make yourselves feel better. smile

carver9

That's my guess anyway.

My other guess that when they do that Superman fans will harp on about how Superman is stronger than Thanos and will blitz him in 0.0005 seconds.

Superman isn't Hulk though. Whatever Hulk does, it belongs to Hulk...doesn't mean Superman can pull of the same thing.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by Star428
LOL@ all the Superman haters who say Superman is overrated. If anything, he's highly underrated. Buy hey, keep telling yourselves whatever you want to haters to make yourselves feel better. smile

thumb up

They try to force him in the same tier as their Heralds so they can lowball him, for this they ignore his superior feats and portrayal.

DARTH POWER
Superman isn't Hulk though. Whatever Hulk does, it belongs to Hulk...doesn't mean Superman can pull of the same thing.

I know that. But try telling that to anyone from THE HOUSE OF EL!

carver9
I know that. But try telling that to anyone from THE HOUSE OF EL!

Impossible. They are the worse.

Surtur

Superman could indeed blitz Thanos..it's just I don't see it doing anything to him. This is the same person who, after Surfer unloaded on him, just sat there and asked "are you done yet?".

Thanos is actually quite physically strong, but what makes him dangerous is his absurd durability and various esoteric powers such as very potent telepathy, transmutation, energy manipulation, and stuff like that.

Though really depending on which version of Hulk he is fighting..Thanos actually might start out as the physical superior. After all, he has enough strength to physically beat Silver Surfer to death(or to very near death) and it really didn't seem to take him more then a dozen or so punches. Keeping in mind Surfer is durable enough to fight inside black holes and fly through stars.

Stoic
I predict that there will be no fight at all, and the cover is a sham. This will probably be a team up.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Stoic
I predict that there will be no fight at all, and the cover is a sham. This will probably be a team up.

That would be hilarious.

carver9
Starlin already said it's a fight and he is done writing the Thanos vs Hulk encounter.

bbrem123
he said this? Link?

LordofBrooklyn
Impossible. They are the worse.

Evolved or No, watch your DAMN MOUTH when referring to the House of El!

carver9
Evolved or No, watch your DAMN MOUTH when referring to the House of El!

laughing out loud

I speak the truth though.

DarkSaint85
The HoEs?

LordofBrooklyn
laughing out loud

I speak the truth though.

Marvel has finished what The House of El started in destroying the Thor Corps!

The Thanosi are the next target, you'd be wise not to ANGER us in any way!

riv6672
My lord you talk a lot of foolishness.

Back on topic:
Realistically, given the writer's relationship with Thanos, and Thanos' presence in the MCU, a draw will be the best Hulk fans can hope for, barring a huge swerve.

h1a8
Superman could indeed blitz Thanos..it's just I don't see it doing anything to him. This is the same person who, after Surfer unloaded on him, just sat there and asked "are you done yet?".

Thanos is actually quite physically strong, but what makes him dangerous is his absurd durability and various esoteric powers such as very potent telepathy, transmutation, energy manipulation, and stuff like that.

Though really depending on which version of Hulk he is fighting..Thanos actually might start out as the physical superior. After all, he has enough strength to physically beat Silver Surfer to death(or to very near death) and it really didn't seem to take him more then a dozen or so punches. Keeping in mind Surfer is durable enough to fight inside black holes and fly through stars. you can't equate a character's highest showings with any other showing. For example, the Surfer who got one shotted by Warlock or affected by spiderman didn't have the same durability as the surfer who fought inside an event horizon.
Also, the Gladiator that fought Colossus didn't have the same punching power as the one who bashed the planet into pieces. I can go on and on.

With that said, it was definitely a low showing for Surfer to be beat near death by Thanos. Surfer survived far worst and where Thanos never did that to anyone else (including Thor, brb, etc).

Also, energy projection isn't the same as blunt force. 100% of the time that Thanos been hit by a high herald level being he was affected. Thanos durability against blunt force is just high herald level. Superman, Thor, Hulk, etc can greatly affect Thanos with serious physical blows. Thanos would be rocked silly if Superman hit him with just a semi serious punch.

riv6672
So would the internet.

Bentley
Originally posted by h1a8
With that said, it was definitely a low showing for Surfer to be beat near death by Thanos. Surfer survived far worst and where Thanos never did that to anyone else (including Thor, brb, etc).

Thanos easily killed Cancerverse Hulk.

Surtur
Originally posted by h1a8
you can't equate a character's highest showings with any other showing. For example, the Surfer who got one shotted by Warlock or affected by spiderman didn't have the same durability as the surfer who fought inside an event horizon.
Also, the Gladiator that fought Colossus didn't have the same punching power as the one who bashed the planet into pieces. I can go on and on.

We can't equate showings with other showings? The only way we can say "x hurting Y is impressive" is if we know, via other feats, how durable Y is.

You can certainly bring up low showings, but it doesn't change anything I said.

Thanos has physically harmed a variety of class 100's. It fits in with his character. Hell, I'm quite sure there are instances of him physically taking on multiple Class 100's at once..including the Hulk.

I'm sorry, but what? Thanos wouldn't be rocked silly by Superman unless you take Thanos at his lowest showings. The guy who laughs off Surfer's energy blasts, survives being in the center of singularities and all that? Ain't getting rocked by Hulk or Superman punching them. You can say brute force and energy are not the same thing, but why would you compartmentalize the durability of Thanos for no reason?

Hell, it took Thor with the power gem and also suffering from Warrior Madness to give Thanos a bloody nose, and you feel Superman can normally knock him silly? With a single "semi serious" punch? That..does not compute. So even if you want to say the Surfer energy feat doesn't show anything in regards to durability vs brute force..the Thor feat certainly does.

Kid Kurdy
Thanos fans will never, never admit it... but they are pretty scared of this series. Hulk has nothing to loose and Starlin, who likes and respects Hulk, will at the very least make Hulk look good.

(Oh, and Hulk is at least as strong as Thanos, and he will get stronger unless Thanos uses some deus ex machina gun. Strength wise, Thanos has done nothing Hulk couldn't do himself.)

h1a8
We can't equate showings with other showings? The only way we can say "x hurting Y is impressive" is if we know, via other feats, how durable Y is.

You can certainly bring up low showings, but it doesn't change anything I said.

Thanos has physically harmed a variety of class 100's. It fits in with his character. Hell, I'm quite sure there are instances of him physically taking on multiple Class 100's at once..including the Hulk.

I'm sorry, but what? Thanos wouldn't be rocked silly by Superman unless you take Thanos at his lowest showings. The guy who laughs off Surfer's energy blasts, survives being in the center of singularities and all that? Ain't getting rocked by Hulk or Superman punching them. You can say brute force and energy are not the same thing, but why would you compartmentalize the durability of Thanos for no reason?

Hell, it took Thor with the power gem and also suffering from Warrior Madness to give Thanos a bloody nose, and you feel Superman can normally knock him silly? With a single "semi serious" punch? That..does not compute. So even if you want to say the Surfer energy feat doesn't show anything in regards to durability vs brute force..the Thor feat certainly does.

Surfer didn't have black hole withstanding durability when Thanos hit him. That's what you are not getting. Surfers black hole feat was one of his highest feats ever. Characters don't normally operate at those levels in everyday comics. Otherwise, every time Gladiator hits someone would mean they resisted planet destroying force (thing, colossus, etc.).

So to imply that Thanos overcame the power of a black hole is asinine. I know Thanos can harm class 100s physically. That's obvious. But so can other class 100s too (especially Hulk).

I'll repeat, energy blasts are not physical blunt force attacks. In other words, they are not comparable in any way. A bullet proof vest is not fire proof and a fire resistant jacket isn't bulletproof. Energy has burning and matter manipulation properties (like lasers) where blunt force have concussive and extreme impact (crushing) forces. Beings who can absorb energy and resistant against matter manipulation are very resistant against energy projection. But they can be easily affected and jarred by a strong blunt force attack. In conclusion, Thanos tanking Surfers blasts has no bearing on him tanking blunt force trauma.

You don't read a lot of Thanos do you? If you did then you would have noticed that Thanos never once no sold a high herald physical blunt attack. You would have a small point if Thanos did it once, but he didn't. Every time he has been hit by a herald he was shown to be affected.

Thanos never touched the singularity. He was only in the event horizon where even parts of his ship survived. Superman has survived in a double black hole without any damage and has held a phucking singularity in his hand. Superman has survived a Supernova head on and a Big Bang (one of the most destructive forces in the universe. Where does that place his durability? Still want to equate a comic showing with another comic showing?

Thor wasn't with warrior madness as discovered later by Odin. The power gem didn't yet amp him more than twice his normal strength. The proof of this is that pg Thor didn't quite outperform himself with the gem than without. He basically was giving similar damage but a slight notch more. Look at when he hits Drax before the gem and after. You will not see a huge difference. He wasn't really tapping into the gem fast enough. Eventually he would have been more powerful than Odin, but he never got past 2x strength before he got force blocked.
With that said, Superman is significantly stronger than Thor. His feats speaks for themselves. If a normal Thor and a PG Thor can affect Thanos (along with every high herald who ever physically touched him) then so can Superman.

Lastly, Superman holds back subconsciously. When he fully let's go, he one shots KILLS trans beings (not kos) and lift shit that weights over 100 earth weights up to millions of Earth weights. So again, a semi serious punch from Superman would seriously affect Thanos.

Star428
I know lots of people seriously underestimate a fully non-holding back Superman but I didn't know that he had one-shot a trans being before. Which of these beings has he done this to? Maybe I'm just not sure what a "trans being" is. Is it the tier above top tier/high herald? If so, Darkseid should be in that tier, right? I know Superman has beaten Darkseid a couple times but has he ever one-shot him? I sure hope not. It's already bad enough that DC makes a character like him job to Superman but letting Clark one-shot him is just one of the most stupid things that DC could ever allow to happen. Please tell me Darkseid is not who you're referring to.

Prof. T.C McAbe
I know lots of people seriously underestimate a fully non-holding back Superman but I didn't know that he had one-shot a trans being before. Which of these beings has he done this to? Maybe I'm just not sure what a "trans being" is. Is it the tier above top tier/high herald? If so, Darkseid should be in that tier, right? I know Superman has beaten Darkseid a couple times but has he ever one-shot him? I sure hope not. It's already bad enough that DC makes a character like him job to Superman but letting Clark one-shot him is just one of the most stupid things that DC could ever allow to happen. Please tell me Darkseid is not who you're referring to.

Darkseid is Skyfather, or his Avatars and Superman never one-shot him. True Darkseid is abstract.

He refers to the Imperiex Probes, that were beating teams of Top Tier, which makes them at the very least Low Trans to High Trans. The one Probe that beat 100000 Daxams is probably higher, skyfather at least.

Star428
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
Darkseid is Skyfather, or his Avatars and Superman never one-shot him. True Darkseid is abstract.

He refers to the Imperiex Probes, that were beating teams of Top Tier, which makes them at the very least Low Trans to High Trans. The one Probe that beat 100000 Daxams is probably higher, skyfather at least.

I thought beings like Odin were skyfather. Are you saying Darkseid is in the same tier as Odin? That doesn't make sense to me. Is Thanos considered a skyfather also? So, trans tier is the tiere above top tier right? I'm just a little ignorant it seems to the names of all the tiers. Is high herald the same thing as top tier? I had thought it was but now I'm not sure.

riv6672
Ha, you just confused me!

One_Angry_Scot
I thought beings like Odin were skyfather. Are you saying Darkseid is in the same tier as Odin? That doesn't make sense to me. Is Thanos considered a skyfather also? So, trans tier is the tiere above top tier right? I'm just a little ignorant it seems to the names of all the tiers. Is high herald the same thing as top tier? I had thought it was but now I'm not sure.

Thanos is generally considered as a Trans Tier being.

Star428
Why aren't Darkseid and Thanos in the same tier? I thought they were equals or at least very close to it.

One_Angry_Scot
Why aren't Darkseid and Thanos in the same tier? I thought they were equals or at least very close to it.

It all depends who you're talking too at the time to be honest. There is a lot of varying opinions on that subject.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Imo Thanos was a High Trans and evolved over time to low Skyfather. His current incarnation seems weaker though, again in the Trans Tier.

The Tier list is fanmade and writers don't give a sh1t, also each fan has a modified version of "who is where in the Tier-"list, that's why people disagree so often.

Odin had just one Uber feat and shouldn't be considered a Galaxy Buster tbh. He is the Top Skyfather though and yes Darkseid is above him, true Darkseid that is as seen in FC, his Avatars range from Trans to Skyfather imo and the best of his Avatars could give Odin a fight or stalemate him, maybe even beat him.

There are tiers, I would also split each tier in low, mid and high.

Low Street
Mid Street
High Street

Low Meta
Mid Meta
High Meta

Low Herald
Mid Herald
High Herald (Top Tier) Top Tier sounds better though

Low Trans
Mid Trans
High Trans

Low Skyfather
Mid Skyfather
High Skyfather

Abstract (Universal)
Abstract (Multiversal)
Abstract (Omniversal)

That is how I would do it anyway.

krisblaze
I agree with Prof's comment on Darkseid's avatar, how they generally rank from Trans to Highfather, and I would generally put Darkseid above Thanos.

Star428
If "true Darkseid" is above even friggin' Odin then I guess that means that the "Darkseid" that was defeated by Doomsday in H/P really was an avatar afterall then.

riv6672
Originally posted by krisblaze
I agree with Prof's comment on Darkseid's avatar, how they generally rank from Trans to Highfather, and I would generally put Darkseid above Thanos.
I agree with his comment on how the writers dont give a shite.

krisblaze
If "true Darkseid" is above even friggin' Odin then I guess that means that the "Darkseid" that was defeated by Doomsday in H/P really was an avatar afterall then.

As far as I know, 'true Darkseid' has only shown up in FC.

Star428
Also, I don't see how in the Hell an avatar of Darkseid has a chance in Hell of beating Odin. But, thank you for educating me on what the names of the different tiers are.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Also, I don't see how in the Hell an avatar of Darkseid has a chance in Hell of beating Odin. But, thank you for educating me on what the names of the different tiers are.

At his best, on his average he wouldn't beat him. ^^

Sixth_Winged
Im guessing Hulk would get some love from starlin as opposed to the way how he portrays other heroes who try to go toe to toe against Thanos and gets obliterated in a humiliating fashion.

He might be portrayed having an very slight edge physically or have him fail first then get angry enough he can tank anything from the mad titan who will be forced to remove him from the battlefield.

carver9

Because Thanos fts are far better than Darkseid and more consistent.

Insane Titan
Imo Thanos was a High Trans and evolved over time to low Skyfather. His current incarnation seems weaker though, again in the Trans Tier.

The Tier list is fanmade and writers don't give a sh1t, also each fan has a modified version of "who is where in the Tier-"list, that's why people disagree so often.

Odin had just one Uber feat and shouldn't be considered a Galaxy Buster tbh. He is the Top Skyfather though and yes Darkseid is above him, true Darkseid that is as seen in FC, his Avatars range from Trans to Skyfather imo and the best of his Avatars could give Odin a fight or stalemate him, maybe even beat him.

There are tiers, I would also split each tier in low, mid and high.

Low Street
Mid Street
High Street

Low Meta
Mid Meta
High Meta

Low Herald
Mid Herald
High Herald (Top Tier) Top Tier sounds better though

Low Trans
Mid Trans
High Trans

Low Skyfather
Mid Skyfather
High Skyfather

Abstract (Universal)
Abstract (Multiversal)
Abstract (Omniversal)

That is how I would do it anyway. when has Thanos current character shown to be weaker than the past?

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by Insane Titan
when has Thanos current character shown to be weaker than the past?

In the Cancerverse and when he was beaten by StarLord with the Crystal.

Also it looks like Mistress Death doesn't favour him anymore.

Mindship
Even if Thanos wins, if Hulk plucks a chord of real fear in him, perhaps this will be Hulk's true victory.

krisblaze

What? When he was taken out by the cosmic cube?...

Insane Titan

Also it looks like Mistress Death doesn't favour him anymore. you mean the cosmic cube and the celestial tech crystal of unknown power lmao.

He was back with death at the end of Infinty revelations.

basilisk
I don't think Thanos is any weaker than before. Being defeated by a guy wielding some Celestial trinket is by no means a low showing for Thanos - Celestial power is really multiple orders of magnitude above Thanos so there is no saying exactly how powerful that crystal was.

For the Hulk match I don't think Starlin will allow Thanos to lose to the Hulk (or anyone for that matter). Maybe Hulk will be allowed to show he is up there physically but Thanos will have other options and come out on top probably. But it would be nice if Starlin actually surprised and came up with something different for a change.

Estacado

facepalm
We dont even know how powerful the crystal was.

carver9
Don't think anyone should be posting in this thread as this not being a fight because Hulk will give him hell and per the interview, he has the potential to win (stated Hulk can CRUSH Thanos). Will Hulk win? Probably, probably not, but this is a fight a fight Thanos is going to have to stay on his toes. Starlin has much respect for Hulk, enough respect that in the past, he felt as if Hulk was enough of a threat to have Thanos say "he avoided a confrontation against him". Thanos WILL need his versatility and confronting Hulk in any type of physical confrontation isn't safe. Waid is also chiming in on this and here is Waid thoughts on Hulk...

http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media-full//snapshot7_zps16e150cc.jpg.html

The madder he gets, the stronger he gets and this always spirals up to a win, regardless.

Here is Starlin thoughts...

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n638/carver9/987832-613508_thn_super_zps3f03eb07.jpg

I'm surprised at some of the responses here, especially with all of the love Hulk has been getting lately. Hell, even Hickman has said Hulk is the most powerful person on his team and do I honestly need to name the people that is on his Avengers squad (Captain Universe, Starbrand, etc...).

One_Angry_Scot
Don't think anyone should be posting in this thread as this not being a fight because Hulk will give him hell and per the interview, he has the potential to win (stated Hulk can CRUSH Thanos). Will Hulk win? Probably, probably not, but this is a fight a fight Thanos is going to have to stay on his toes. Starlin has much respect for Hulk, enough respect that in the past, he felt as if Hulk was enough of a threat to have Thanos say "he avoided a confrontation against him". Thanos WILL need his versatility and confronting Hulk in any type of physical confrontation isn't safe. Waid is also chiming in on this and here is Waid thoughts on Hulk...

http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media-full//snapshot7_zps16e150cc.jpg.html

The madder he gets, the stronger he gets and this always spirals up to a win, regardless.

Here is Starlin thoughts...

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n638/carver9/987832-613508_thn_super_zps3f03eb07.jpg

I'm surprised at some of the responses here, especially with all of the love Hulk has been getting lately. Hell, even Hickman has said Hulk is the most powerful person on his team and do I honestly need to name the people that is on his Avengers squad (Captain Universe, Starbrand, etc...).

If what you said is true and he loves the Hulk he's bound to say that. Plus with his saying Hulk could crush Thanos. I wouldn't really look too much into that to be honest.

I don't think he's gonna go buy his comic but also Hulk is nowhere near as powerful as Thanos. It's just using PR for the most part (where he talks about Hulk crushing Thanos.) As featwise we know that isn't the case.

80sBaby
All this back and forth and the issue isn't even out yet. This is going to be GLORIOUS!

KuRuPT Thanosi

back up this statement with proof.. how is "true" Darkseid abstract

carver9
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
If what you said is true and he loves the Hulk he's bound to say that. Plus with his saying Hulk could crush Thanos. I wouldn't really look too much into that to be honest.

I don't think he's gonna go buy his comic but also Hulk is nowhere near as powerful as Thanos. It's just using PR for the most part (where he talks about Hulk crushing Thanos.) As featwise we know that isn't the case.

Hulk power fluctuates though so you can't say you know how powerful Hulk is. We don't know his max, Starlin even said Hulk has limitless power. Remember, this is the same guy who punched a trans tier into dust when he got pissed. A being that was powered by an abstract.

80sBaby
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
back up this statement with proof.. how is "true" Darkseid abstract

Wasn't that the point made in Final Crisis?

DARTH POWER
When's this happening? And where? Is it in the next Hulk issue?

One_Angry_Scot
Hulk power fluctuates though so you can't say you know how powerful Hulk is. We don't know his max, Starlin even said Hulk has limitless power. Remember, this is the same guy who punched a trans tier into dust when he got pissed. A being that was powered by an abstract.

Of course I wont sit around and deny feats he has accomplished, but take what Starlin says when speaking about his comic with a grain of salt. He says Hulk could crush Thanos but I doubt he ever could.

It should be a fun comic but don't get too hyped yet.

I didn't mean to come across as saying so but I just meant you have to be careful.

carver9
When's this happening? And where? Is it in the next Hulk issue?

Happening in December. 3 issues called Thanos vs Hulk.

carver9
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
Of course I wont sit around and deny feats he has accomplished, but take what Starlin says when speaking about his comic with a grain of salt. He says Hulk could crush Thanos but I doubt he ever could.

It should be a fun comic but don't get too hyped yet.

I didn't mean to come across as saying so but I just meant you have to be careful.

I don't think Hulk is crushing Thanos but that tells us that Starlin thinks of Hulk as a huge threat.

Hulk beating up Blaastar and Annihilus is going to be a good ft as well...especially with Annihilus choosing Hulk as a weapon when he have an entire universe of beings to choose from.

One_Angry_Scot
I don't think Hulk is crushing Thanos but that tells us that Starlin thinks of Hulk as a huge threat.

Hulk beating up Blaastar and Annihilus is going to be a good ft as well...especially with Annihilus choosing Hulk as a weapon when he have an entire universe of beings to choose from.

Yeah sure it should be cool. I have waited for these 2 to battle properly for ages. I'm just hoping it isn't anti climatic and it's like a pimp slap from Thanos into a stasis machine and that's it. Or vice versa for the Hulk.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>