KotOR II: The Sith Lords Restored Content Modification talk thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AncientPower
This will be the unofficial debate thread for the restored content mod started by the Gizka team.

I've been playing through the many many endings of KotOR II with the restored content mod for the first time. I have to say that if Obsidian would've been given another year.... it may just be held up as one of if not the greatest RPGs ever now.

The only down side of the mod is a few bad voice overs that the restoration team themselves had to provide dialogue for. Beyond that the TSLRCM version is many many times better than the rushed edition that Obsidian was forced to push out early by LucasArts.

The latest update is a finalized edition of 1.8.3 that comes along with the scrapped planet M4-78 in the M4-78EP patch. The team really did an excellent job putting this all together.

Now that said I am wondering what everyone else's thoughts are on the mod and any of the new content, chat away my friends.

Modification download site: http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-sith-lords-restored-content-mod-tslrcm

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by AncientPower
I have to say that if Obsidian would've been given another year....
You're definitely blaming the right people here.

AncientPower
LucasArts made them rush the game for a Christmas Xbox release and ignored the remaining 6-12 month release window they gave Obsidian in the first place. Despite numerous protests, stating the game was not finished.

They weren't even allowed to patch the game and add in the remaining content, LucasArts just ignored them.

Then LucasArts had the gall to 'officially' state that Obsidian was the one who broke their release window and then two years later admitted to covering for their PR due to the bad reception.

Avellone made this all clear.

And people wonder why Star Wars games have absolutely sucked for years, with SWTOR and possibly TFU being the lone exceptions.

Tzeentch
No, those games are dick, too. thumb up

FreshestSlice
*snip*
I was being sarcastic because of the wording.

AncientPower
pinch

Nephthys
Wrong forum.

AncientPower
Yes I know I already requested a move.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Nephthys
Wrong forum.

Nephthys
Right forum.

And I considered Kotor II to be one of the greatest RPG's ever even in it's unfinished state.

DarthAnt66
No, he is on the wrong forum.

Nephthys
Geez, kitty got his claws out early today. AP's cool, whatever.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Nephthys
And I considered Kotor II to be one of the greatest RPG's ever even in it's unfinished state.
Debatable. It has better characters, but it's also buggy as shit. Obsidian can't code to save its life.

ares834
And people wonder why Star Wars games have absolutely sucked for years, with SWTOR and possibly TFU being the lone exceptions.

Eh... Those are perhaps two of the worst Star Wars games. Anyway, there have been plenty of good SW games: KotOR, Republic Comando, the Battlefronts, some of the flight games, etc.

Nephthys
Swtor is awesome, bro.

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Debatable. It has better characters, but it's also buggy as shit. Obsidian can't code to save its life.

I consider the writing and general storytelling to simply be on another level from almost anything else though. Sure the game has shortcomings, but when something more than makes up from those aspects in others I think that should be taken into account.

psmith81992
SWTOR sucks

Selenial
Originally posted by psmith81992
SWTOR sucks

Story's shit, agreed, but the game itself is decent.

Well, consular/Inquisitor story was decent...

Nephthys
Agent>

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Selenial
Story's shit
Sounds like Star Wars in general.

Also Wrath>all your pleb stories

red8
I never played vanilla KotOR2, I played with the restoration mod from the get-go.

I personally preferred it over KotOR, though I admit I only played vanilla KotOR. Kreia, the Exile, Visas, Atton, Atris, and Mira all turned out to be characters I found interesting.

Kreia is probably my favorite Sith.

Both games were good, but I preferred KotOR2 just a little bit more.

Jolee is probably one of the more memorable characters from KotOR. I never liked HK from either game.

Edit: I HATED M4-78. I give props to the people who took the time to restore it, but I really just wanted to get that world over with and continue the game.

AncientPower
Originally posted by red8
I never played vanilla KotOR2, I played with the restoration mod from the get-go.

I personally preferred it over KotOR, though I admit I only played vanilla KotOR. Kreia, the Exile, Visas, Atton, Atris, and Mira all turned out to be characters I found interesting.

Kreia is probably my favorite Sith.

Both games were good, but I preferred KotOR2 just a little bit more.

Jolee is probably one of the more memorable characters from KotOR. I never liked HK from either game.

Edit: I HATED M4-78. I give props to the people who took the time to restore it, but I really just wanted to get that world over with and continue the game.

M4-78 was definitely not the best part of the restored content but you should have seen the first version, that was an abomination.

Sinious
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Sounds like Star Wars in general.

Also Wrath>all your pleb stories

Da truth

psmith81992
Originally posted by Selenial
Story's shit, agreed, but the game itself is decent.

Well, consular/Inquisitor story was decent...
I'm sorry, let me clarify. The Inquisitor and even Warrior storylines were good. But that's about the only thing that was halfway decent about the game. It pretty much ended when you beat your class storyline. I mean how many hours and days can you grind out dailies? I wanted to shoot myself.

Nephthys
You should have just rolled a new class. That's what I did, **** endgame. It's not the end of the game until you've beaten every class.

psmith81992
I've beaten 4 classes. I'm not playing a non force using class either.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by ares834
Eh... Those are perhaps two of the worst Star Wars games. Anyway, there have been plenty of good SW games: KotOR, Republic Comando, the Battlefronts, some of the flight games, etc.

thumb up

KotOR 2 had potential, but tried wayyyyy too hard to be srs n dark n ejjy lawl. It's the Anakin Skywalker of Star Wars video games, minus the badass Vader result.

Selenial
Originally posted by psmith81992
I'm sorry, let me clarify. The Inquisitor and even Warrior storylines were good. But that's about the only thing that was halfway decent about the game. It pretty much ended when you beat your class storyline. I mean how many hours and days can you grind out dailies? I wanted to shoot myself.

Warrior was crap.

And no, playing High end PVP/Raids is more fun than levelling a ****ing bounty hunter, that story made me want to hang myself.

psmith81992
I did enough raids, operations, world bosses to the point where it got repetitive. And there's only so many homophobic slurs I can utter before I get bored.

AncientPower
Can we please debate this mod and/or KotOR II? this isn't a SWTOR thread.

Tempest I completely disagree, I thought they did something very original and much better than most games.

Perhaps that is the problem with most Star Wars fans, anything different or new is just bashed on endlessly.

Emperordmb
Perhaps that is the problem with most Star Wars fans, anything different or new is just bashed on endlessly.
thumb up

FreshestSlice
Can we please debate this mod and/or KotOR II? this isn't a SWTOR thread.

Did this game even exist though?

AncientPower
Wait what? of course it did, it was the sequel to KotOR.

FreshestSlice
I was sarcastically poking at the way TOR ignores this game, just as we are.

I'd seriously discuss KotOR II, but I'd really only focus on all the crazy shit that happened in it and how it curbstomped how the Force works.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.