Darth Malgus vs Plo Koon

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Trocity
The majority of posters at comic vine have Plo Koon beating Malgus. ( no )

Discuss. Happy Dance

Sinious
lol

Selenial
Malgus because every single "Sith Inquisitor" in the academy have been stated in encyclopedic mediums as "Intensely Powerful" and thus better than every council member of the PT. Malgus was above average and thus would likely stomp all 12 council members with ease, let alone Plo Koon.

FreshestSlice
You'd think that'd get old. But it doesnt.

Anyway, Malgus because he TK'd someones as powerful as Nox and the Wrath/the HoT and the Barsen'thor.

Sinious
Originally posted by Selenial
Malgus because every single "Sith Inquisitor" in the academy have been stated in encyclopedic mediums as "Intensely Powerful" and thus better than every council member of the PT. Malgus was above average and thus would likely stomp all 12 council members with ease, let alone Plo Koon.

Sith high champs are usually more powerful than jedis'. Malgus was probably the second most powerful sith within the empire. Both force and dueling wise, Koon can't compete with him.

Q99
Originally posted by Sinious
Sith high champs are usually more powerful than jedis'.

I disagree with this, even very powerful sith almost always have rivals within the Jedi, and many of the strongest of all time are Jedi.

That said, second in the sith empire beats 5th or so in the CW Jedi.

Nalaniel
Malgus.

Selenial
Sith high champs are usually more powerful than jedis'. Malgus was probably the second most powerful sith within the empire. Both force and dueling wise, Koon can't compete with him.

Plural of Jedi is Jedi....

But yeh, I disagree too. Whilst it's true the Sith have more impressive feats, it's because the Jedi don't do displays of power, and don't try to kill or terrorise worlds. The fact Sith like Malgus can lose to Jedi shows that Jedi have powerhouses too.

FreshestSlice
I'd say Sith on the average are more powerful simply due to the weeding process. The Jedi have four or five extreme powerhouses at a time, but the Sith are more spreed out and have a shit ton of the general powerhouse, imo. It always balances out in the end, though.

Selenial
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
I'd say Sith on the average are more powerful simply due to the weeding process. The Jedi have four or five extreme powerhouses at a time, but the Sith are more spreed out and have a shit ton of the general powerhouse, imo. It always balances out in the end, though.

Indeed. The Sith seem to be more powerful on average but less in number and prone to infighting. In terms of power houses however id put them about the same.

Q99
Originally posted by FreshestSlice

The weeding process works both ways. The sith weed out some of their strong potentials.

I mean, Brotherhood of Darkness time for an example. Sirak had oddles of potential, the second best of the time. But because he ran afoul the first best, one down.

And that happens in the TOR Sith Empire too. Exal Kressh, for example.

Selenial
Indeed, didnt someone say a unified Sith would be the end of the Jedi?

Nephthys
And Krayt almost proved it, only to be taken down by Wyyrlok and Muur before finally losing due to his own arrogance. Lol, they really are their own worst enemies.

Sinious
Plural of Jedi is Jedi....

I did some literary work there. Its kinda poetic.

That is of course true but tell me what exactly makes you believe Koon could hold off against Malgus?

Selenial
That is of course true but tell me what exactly makes you believe Koon could hold off against Malgus?

Kun's good, durable, a powerful force wielder.

He'd hold off against Malgus fine, he'd lose but he'd at least make it an interesting fight to watch....

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Deceived Malgus, possibly.

Emperor Malgus? Goodbye Plo.

Q99
Indeed, didnt someone say a unified Sith would be the end of the Jedi?

Though conversely, an ambitious Jedi would be an end to the sith. Luke's order, fresh and young, was knocking down sith as fast as they popped up.

Selenial
Originally posted by Q99
Though conversely, an ambitious Jedi would be an end to the sith. Luke's order, fresh and young, was knocking down sith as fast as they popped up.

With Luke at the helm... yes.

The Issue with the Sith is that they need time to form themselves into an empire, or need a ruin from which they can take over. Beyond that, they need a unified Leader who has no equal or subordinate who dares question them, and none of that Era's sith really had that Quality...

I'm thinking Revan, Vitiate, Traya/Nihilus etc.

carthage
The Brotherhood of Darkness produced nothing but losers though..Granted Bane's era is among the weakest in the mythos, but Kaans order produced no one like Kun/Malgus/Krayt or Maul

Q99
It produced Bane. Githany wasn't too bad. Sirak was potentially on his way to being quite strong til.. yea.

Oh, and This guy.

With Luke at the helm... yes.

The Issue with the Sith is that they need time to form themselves into an empire, or need a ruin from which they can take over. Beyond that, they need a unified Leader who has no equal or subordinate who dares question them, and none of that Era's sith really had that Quality...

I'm thinking Revan, Vitiate, Traya/Nihilus etc.

The Lost Tribe was quite unified.

Nephthys

He'd hold off against Malgus fine, he'd lose but he'd at least make it an interesting fight to watch....

Not sure I'd say Koon is even equal to Aryn Leneer, who Emperor Malgus would one-shot, myself.

His best Force feat is lifting a sand ship or something iirc?

carthage
Bane learned very little from the Brotherhood apart from saber basics, how to use a force shield, and basic Sith lore. Everything else he either gained from holocrons or through his own research. He even remarks as much when he attained Revans holocron. Githany and Sirak are losers.

Nephthys
Yet apparently the Brotherhood era knew about Force Storm (Wormhole), so their knowledge can't be that shitty.

Emperordmb
Malgus rather solidly.

Sinious

Koon*

Selenial
Koon*

I always do that no matter how hard I try, you're gonna have to get used to it stick out tongue

Trocity
It's because Kun is awesome and Koon is ugly

carthage
Originally posted by Nephthys
Yet apparently the Brotherhood era knew about Force Storm (Wormhole), so their knowledge can't be that shitty.

Which they never applied in combat thumb up. Bane even recognized that their collectivist approach to Sith philosophy had made them weak. He was better off on his own

Sinious
I always do that no matter how hard I try, you're gonna have to get used to it stick out tongue

Only if you get used to my "jedis" smokin'

carthage
Plo would best Deceived Malgus in a good fight, and post Eleena Daru Malgus would win with difficulty. Plos fight with Ventress with a broken arm is an incredible feat of skill, and given the TOR bias here its no surprise people underrate Koon as a duelist/are ignorant to his feats.

Selenial
Only if you get used to my "jedis" smokin'

Hmmmmm.....,

Deal Happy Dance

Emperordmb
Originally posted by carthage
Plo would best Deceived Malgus in a good fight, and post Eleena Daru Malgus would win with difficulty. Plos fight with Ventress with a broken arm is an incredible feat of skill, and given the TOR bias here its no surprise people underrate Koon as a duelist/are ignorant to his feats.
Comicvine apparently thinks Koon would fare better against Malgus than he did Opress... no expression

Trocity
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Comicvine apparently thinks Koon would fare better against Malgus than he did Opress... no expression

I know, it's why I made this thread. It's weird going to different forums and seeing the vastly different ways in which they rank people.

Though I'm sure people browse KMC and think we're weird, too.

carthage
This is still a close fight

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Trocity
I know, it's why I made this thread. It's weird going to different forums and seeing the vastly different ways in which they rank people.

Though I'm sure people browse KMC and think we're weird, too.
I feel like this forum is much more diverse in it's views than comicvine.

carthage
No its not lol.

NewGuy01
laughing

carthage
I have the same reaction whenever I read Neph's posts.

Nephthys
Originally posted by NewGuy01
laughing

Why the laugh? At the end of the fight he did one-shot her and that wasn't even his peak.

Arhael
Why the laugh? At the end of the fight he did one-shot her and that wasn't even his peak.
Well, that was only at the end of the fight. Doesn't mean he could do it any time in any circumstances.

Nephthys
Except he did it almost casually, wasn't even at his strongest yet and he'd be effected by the fight just as much as she was. In fact she'd hit him twice with her sabers by this point.

Furthermore we should consider his feats in TOR. Anyone who can toss around Strike Teams of that caliber isn't going to have to try against Plo Koon.

Sinious

Furthermore we should consider his feats in TOR. Anyone who can toss around Strike Teams of that caliber isn't going to have to try against Plo Koon.

thumb up

Nargaroth
The reason why Koon is said to be comparable to Malgus on CV is that those feats from TOR are considered inconsistent, or at least showings that Malgus can only perform under exceptional circumstances. Furthermore, collectively, the strike team should be vastly above Malgus, and to my knowledge, there is no evidence that the latter improved much in power after Deceived.

Arhael
Except he did it almost casually, wasn't even at his strongest yet and he'd be effected by the fight just as much as she was. In fact she'd hit him twice with her sabers by this point.

Well, I definitely wouldn't consider it a casual lightning. Aryn wouldn't feel it as more powerful than anything she experienced otherwise. I think it was more to do with the fact that he was getting angrier and angrier during fight "Anakin style", plus she refrained from using anger, which made her stronger in their first encounter.

And yes, his feat of fighting a strike team is much better example.

NewGuy01

Anakin also two shotted Dooku... at the end of their fight. laughing

Nephthys
Malgus received an amp then beat her. After the amp he one-shot her.

Originally posted by Nargaroth
The reason why Koon is said to be comparable to Malgus on CV is that those feats from TOR are considered inconsistent, or at least showings that Malgus can only perform under exceptional circumstances.

So in other words you just dismiss his best feats? Theres nothing inconsistent with Malgus' feats nor was there any exceptional circumstance in TOR that made him perform better. In Deceived he received a permanent amp through deepening his connection to the darkside, and then spent a decade or two preparing for his ascension. But even before that I don't consider Koon comparable to him.

Furthermore, collectively, the strike team should be vastly above Malgus, and to my knowledge, there is no evidence that the latter improved much in power after Deceived.

Do you not think that his performance against the Strike Team is evidence that he improved after Deceived?

Originally posted by Arhael
Well, I definitely wouldn't consider it a casual lightning. Aryn wouldn't feel it as more powerful than anything she experienced otherwise. I think it was more to do with the fact that he was getting angrier and angrier during fight "Anakin style", plus she refrained from using anger, which made her stronger in their first encounter.

And yes, his feat of fighting a strike team is much better example.

.... Unless he'd received a powerup before he attacked her? I mean, the text directly says that he does it almost casually, yet that its power exceeded anything prior. And I don't buy him getting angrier. Before he beat her she sensed sympathy and pity from him and afterwards she felt only ambivalence.

Trocity
Yeah I don't agree with that inconsistent statement either. That's like dismissing Luke's high end feats because he also gets tagged by Lumiya. And Caedus isn't a top sith because Mara almost killed him.

NewGuy01
What performance? We don't even see the fight.

Nargaroth
Malgus received an amp then beat her. After the amp he one-shot her.

So in other words you just dismiss his best feats? Theres nothing inconsistent with Malgus' feats nor was there any exceptional circumstance in TOR that made him perform better. In Deceived he received a permanent amp through deepening his connection to the darkside, and then spent a decade or two preparing for his ascension. But even before that I don't consider Koon comparable to him.

I was just saying that it is considered inconsistent, but I'm not too convinced about this.

Regardless, just PUSHING them is not overwhelming, because even if an opponent is vastly above you, you can still push them (for example see Ventress and Nightsisters vs Dooku).

Do you not think that his performance against the Strike Team is evidence that he improved after Deceived?

Perhaps, but I doubt the improvement was so huge, and there's still the fact that the strike team should be far above Malgus.

Originally posted by Trocity
Yeah I don't agree with that inconsistent statement either. That's like dismissing Luke's high end feats because he also gets tagged by Lumiya. And Caedus isn't a top sith because Mara almost killed him.

Actually, both high-end and low-end feats should be dismissed when comparing characters. Feats that show what ther're normally capable of doing should be more important. Or at least that's how I personally try to judge characters.

carthage
The reason why Koon is said to be comparable to Malgus on CV is that those feats from TOR are considered inconsistent, or at least showings that Malgus can only perform under exceptional circumstances. Furthermore, collectively, the strike team should be vastly above Malgus, and to my knowledge, there is no evidence that the latter improved much in power after Deceived.

I don't see that personally. Again Revan sent Vitiate flying back on a darkside nexus, Malgus has proven he has immense TK, and the only notable fighter on that team was HoT. Malgus had just gained an immense boon of power due to killing his lover, and had grown much more powerful than he had ever been before. Also its irrelevant whether or not he was that powerful, as the team did eventually beat him.

carthage
-

ILS
Deceived Malgus wins in a good fight
Upgrade Malgus wins more decisively.

carthage
I'm uncertain if Plo would lose to Deceived Malgus. Deceived Malgus should be roughly as skilled as Opress, but Plo is more skillfull and just better than Zallow in every conceivable fashion. Speed, physical strength, should be even- but Plo is more skilled than Malgus at this point. I was thinking that Malgus could take some wins in a similar fashion as Opress did, but I'm not sure.

ILS
I favour Malgus slightly because he has nearly every advantage other than saber skill over Plo. Speed is even enough, but strength, endurance, durability, battle-tactics, martial arts, Force power, skill with the Force combatively and a propensity to use it this way, are all in favour of Malgus.

Ursumeles
Bump

carthage
Malgus handily

Greater skill feats much greater power in the force

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by carthage
Malgus handily

Greater skill feats much greater power in the force

Unless Malgus is in a creek, in which case he loses.

Rockydonovang
its def closer than malgus vs kenobi

Ursumeles
But who wins?

MythLord
Plo. smile

Rockydonovang
Plo's the better duelist, Malgus is more powerful and varied, I'd favor malgus though for now due to much more demonstrated power, not that I'm not open to having my mind changed.

NewGuy01
Malgus sweeps.

toplel
Malgus sweeps.
based on

Deronn_solo
Malgus sweeps.

S_W_LeGenD
Plo Koon failed to defeat Savage Opress in single combat who in turn is much less than Darth Malgus. Therefore, it can be safely argued that Darth Malgus sweeps.

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Plo's the better duelist, Malgus is more powerful and varied, I'd favor malgus though for now due to much more demonstrated power, not that I'm not open to having my mind changed.
Wait...How is Plo Koon the better duelist?

nfactor1995
Malgus wins every time, mid-difficulty at the absolute worst.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Plo Koon failed to defeat Savage Opress in single combat who in turn is much less than Darth Malgus.
Koon injured Oppress's leg almost immediately into the engagement before it was circumstantially interrupted, but hey man, I'm sure I'm gonna hear a great argument about how a cheap shot isn't a cheapshot

Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Wait...How is Plo Koon the better duelist?

Koon gets to scale off fisto via ventress who happens to be one of the best swordsmen in history and as a tier 7 canonically represents the peak of lightsaber combat. More impressively, Koon, a decade pre-prime, was considered a worthy test by none other than tpm maul, who happens to be a tier above fisto and has himself outdueled one of the most skilled jedi in history.

Malgus is one of the best swordsmen of his era which pales in comparison to being among the best in history.

Koon takes a pure saber duel, he loses all out though

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Malgus, lol.

TenebrousWay
Malgus is one of the best swordsmen of his era which pales in comparison to being among the best in history.

19 year old Malgus is one of the best of his era. Considering that and his later accolades by both Sidious and the HoT there's actually a case to be made that teen Malgus is a borderline tier 7. lmao

Koon is stomped beyond repair.

Deronn_solo
Even Palpatine noted Malgus was one of his most powerful predecessors, and personally wanted Vader to study Malgus' journals to become a greater Sith Lord.

Koon has nowhere near that kind of hype, kek.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Even Palpatine noted Malgus was one of his most powerful predecessors, and personally wanted Vader to study Malgus' journals to become a greater Sith Lord.

Koon has nowhere near that kind of hype, kek.
Which is why I was talking about koon exclusively as a swordsman. You should prolly read the argument you're trying to counter solo.

I also acknowledged Malgus is much more impressive with the force and hence should win, nice strawman though thumb up

Deronn_solo
My post was an aside, it had nothing to do with your shit "arguments", lmao.

Don't think you warrant my attention, young one.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
My post was an aside, it had nothing to do with your shit "arguments", lmao.

Don't think you warrant my attention, young one.
You'd be lucky to warrant anyone's attention tbh

Deronn_solo
So says the punchline of SW debating, lmao.

Rockydonovang
My punchlines > Your real lines

slayne
Malgus one-shots.

UCanShootMyNova
My punchlines > Your real lines

My laylines >>>>

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
Kbro's hairline>>>My laylines >>>>
thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.