Savage Opress vs. Luke Skywalker (ESB)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
All out

chilled monkey
Luke wins. Even at this early point in his career he was able to hold his own against Darth Vader, an opponent vastly more skilled and powerful than Savage.

Not to mention that even then Luke was more skilful than his opponent here.

Lord Stark
ESB Luke? Savage, firmly imo. Its debatable ROTJ Luke could take him.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by chilled monkey
Luke wins. Even at this early point in his career he was able to hold his own against Darth Vader, an opponent vastly more skilled and powerful than Savage.

Luke admits that Vader was going easy on him.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Luke admits that Vader was going easy on him.

And Vader noted that he was genuinely impressed with the skill Luke displayed when they fought on Cloud City ("Shadows of the Empire"wink.

King Joker
Originally posted by Lord Stark
ESB Luke? Savage, firmly imo. Its debatable ROTJ Luke could take him.

carthage
I dont doubt Vader took it easy on Luke, but is there an actual quote from that in the EsB novel??

FreshestSlice
I believe it's in Jedi vs. Sith were Lukes says Vader is only trying to turn him to the Dark Side in their duel.

carthage
Does that pertain to the duel in ESB?

FreshestSlice
Yes. It's talking about Bespin.

Darth Abonis
Luke has more skill, but Savage's brute strength and aggression would tear through ESB Luke, but ROTJ Luke should be able to beat him.

McP
Savage

Nalaniel
Originally posted by Darth Abonis
Luke has more skill, but Savage's brute strength and aggression would tear through ESB Luke, but ROTJ Luke should be able to beat him.

thumb up

Marco1907
Savage in a good fight.

ILS
Savage has more overall fighting ability. He isn't necessarily more skilled than Luke, but in terms of his ability to provide a challenge in a lightsaber duel, he's accomplished more at this stage. Couple that with the fact he's considerably more powerful with telekinesis, he should take the win.

DARTH POWER
Savage eats PT era Jedi Masters for breakfast.

Don't see what Padawan Luke with hardly any training could possibly do to him. I'm not even convinced Luke has more skill at this point in time.

carthage
That's exactly why I made this thread.

I think Savage has more than a reasonable shot.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by chilled monkey
And Vader noted that he was genuinely impressed with the skill Luke displayed when they fought on Cloud City ("Shadows of the Empire"wink.
He said that about Luke jumping. Not his fighting ability. Even then that really doesn't change Vader dominated in sabers and hardly even used TK.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.