Asajj Ventress and ROTJ Luke vs. TPM Maul and TCW Kenobi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Force sabers all out

Neutral ground loc

King Joker
Maul > Asajj, Kenobi > Luke imo

Trocity
I'd say ROTJ Luke is at least better than Asajj

carthage
They should be close enough imo, granted there are contradicting sources regarding if Luke or Vader held back in their fight. Ventress should at least be as skillfull in forcing Mace to fight hard with her and beating Kit Fisto

carthage
http://www.comicvine.com/profile/zapan87/blog/asaji-ventress-respect-thread/100106/

Asajj Ventress respect thread courtesy of Zapan

McP
Maul and Kenobi, high diff

Selenial
Maul might be able to Solo, TPM Maul took on Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan and won, Qui Gon was as good if not better than Ventress, ROTJ Luke really isn't much better than TPM Kenobi.

I dunno, he might solo, but it's an easy team 2 win if he can't.

Marco1907
It could go either way, Asajj shouldn't be underestimated (defeated Kit Fisto and Luminara Unduli) but TPM Maul and post-AotC Kenobi seems to me a better tactical team, 7 of 10 - team 1.

ILS
In terms of skill they're all more or less even, and I don't see much combative use of telekinesis. Luke's "potential" may allow him to perform better on the day, as it did when he was able to perfectly mirror Vader's fighting style.

Maul's saberstaff is something that could throw Luke off, though, as Lumiya's lightwhip did (but probably to a lesser degree). Overall I say just flip a coin on this one.

carthage
Welcome to the forum I like swords.

Is it you?

ILS
Thanks! Yeah. SW debating seems more active over here so I thought I'd give it a shot. I think I know you but I can't quite place it.

carthage
Originally posted by ILS
Thanks! Yeah. SW debating seems more active over here so I thought I'd give it a shot. I think I know you but I can't quite place it.

There are some huge EU fanboys here moreso than at Comicvine, you'll know when you see them. Beware, you have been warned big grin

ILS
Oh joy stick out tongue

ILS
Originally posted by WB88 Is Poor
Erkan is also here under the name of Marco with some numbers following, be careful.
I kinda connected that dot already, LOL. Didn't know he had a following, though.

carthage
Mainly due to his Darth Krayt thread, it was kind of obvious to other users when he started posting stuff like VADER IS SLOW

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Selenial
Maul might be able to Solo, TPM Maul took on Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan and won, Qui Gon was as good if not better than Ventress, ROTJ Luke really isn't much better than TPM Kenobi.

Both on Team 2 are above Qui-Gon and TPM Obi-Wan. They might even be TPM Maul level, honestly, Luke being the only iffy one.

DARTH POWER
ROTJ Luke is the weak link Imo. Even for those who believe he legitimately beat down Vader, I don't think anyone denies Vader could have easily overpowered Luke with TK had he wanted. Of course Vader has >>> Tk than anyone here, still all the other combatants have been fully trained and are experienced in using Tk.

TCW Kenobi is the strong link here (assuming it's late in the Clone wars). He is on par with TCW Maul, and TCW Maul > TPM Maul.

So yeah, definitely team 2 for me.

But for the record, if this is Late Clone War Ventress, then I think Ventress vs Maul here would be pretty even.

Nargaroth
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
ROTJ Luke is the weak link Imo. Even for those who believe he legitimately beat down Vader, I don't think anyone denies Vader could have easily overpowered Luke with TK had he wanted. Of course Vader has >>> Tk than anyone here, still all the other combatants have been fully trained and are experienced in using Tk.

TCW Kenobi is the strong link here (assuming it's late in the Clone wars). He is on par with TCW Maul, and TCW Maul > TPM Maul.

So yeah, definitely team 2 for me.

But for the record, if this is Late Clone War Ventress, then I think Ventress vs Maul here would be pretty even.

Luke didn't legitimately beat Vader, but he did legitimately fight him as an equal in terms of skill. He should be better than Maul and Kenobi, while Ventress is Obi-Wan's equal (and more powerful in my opinion).

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Nargaroth
Luke didn't legitimately beat Vader, but he did legitimately fight him as an equal in terms of skill. He should be better than Maul and Kenobi, while Ventress is Obi-Wan's equal (and more powerful in my opinion).

In Sabers perhaps, but Vader definitely completely held back on Luke with his Tk.

Otherwise it's like saying Pre-Viszla is a good challenge for Maul, despite the fact that Maul didn't once use any Tk on him.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Nargaroth

In Sabers perhaps, but Vader definitely completely held back on Luke with his Tk.

Otherwise it's like saying Pre-Viszla is a good challenge for TCW Maul, and just ignoring the fact that Maul didn't once use any Tk on him.

ILS
Viszla was a good match for New Canon Maul, not Maul as a whole. Jus' saying.

Emperordmb
Double post power

DARTH POWER
^ Oops. Don't know how that happened.

Originally posted by ILS
Viszla was a good match for New Canon Maul, not Maul as a whole. Jus' saying.

Not sure what you mean.

The way I saw it, Viszla using all his weapons was a good challenge for TCW Maul when not using any direct or offensive Tk.

ILS
TCW doesn't really portray Force Users as well as they're portrayed in Legends EU sources. If they had been accounting for the EU in that fight Maul would be perceiving Viszla in slow motion and fighting faster than he could realistically keep up with. If we were only accounting for TCW I'd agree.

DARTH POWER
Ah I get you now.

McP
Originally posted by ILS
TCW doesn't really portray Force Users as well as they're portrayed in Legends EU sources.

Force users in TCW are more consistent to their versions from the movies.

ILS
Originally posted by McP
Force users in TCW are more consistent to their versions from the movies.
Yup. That's probably part of why there was a separation of Canon. Legends Canon Maul wouldn't be getting shot by pirates, that's for sure.

McP
Depends of soruces. "Republic" comics were showing Force users skills almost as good as TCW. Jedi werent faster then Durge for example. And the stories were a far better. The Approaching Storm has shown us, that even Soresu master of Unduli caliber may get a shot by some random mercs.
Btw, which canon source shows Maul as being untouchable for pirates?

ILS
Originally posted by McP
Depends of soruces. "Republic" comics were showing Force users skills almost as good as TCW. Jedi werent faster then Durge for example. And the stories were a far better. The Approaching Storm has shown us, that even Soresu master of Unduli caliber may get a shot by some random mercs.
Btw, which canon source shows Maul as being untouchable for pirates?
They were physically faster than Durge, he just had extremely fast perceptive speeds, so he could see them in slow motion. His physical speed isn't up to par.

In Legends Canon, Maul as a teenager was fast enough to run through a hail of blaster fire from a group of Mandalorians without being struck, has moved five times faster than a human can ever travel, moved so fast that a holorecording would need to be put into slow motion just to display him, moved faster than a droid could perceive, appeared to be everywhere at once whilst fighting Komari Vosa (this was with a recent blaster injury in the arm, and Vosa's been fast enough to deflect volleys of blaster fire from Jango Fett), has speedblitzed numerous squads of battle droids, is capable of killing five beings in an eyeflick, has moved imperceptibly fast, has seen blows that were almost too fast to see in slow motion, has formed webs out of his Saberstaff whilst fighting, has effortlessly redirected a blaster bolt after it was fired without looking.. he has an abundance of speed feats which all point towards pirates being of little threat to him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.