Avengers vs Predators

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

juggerman
This is inspired by the Avengers vs Xenos thread in the AVF

So instead of the Chitauri, an army of Predators come through the portal.

Scenario 1: The Predators only have weapons and tech from Predator 1.

Scenario 2: The Predators have access to all Predator weapons and tech from the films.

Can the avengers hold them or will they be overwhelmed?

Time Immemorial
Hulk, Thor, Ironman destroy them.

RJ 2.0
IM solos.

juggerman
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Hulk, Thor, Ironman destroy them.

Originally posted by RJ 2.0
IM solos.

Thor and Hulk would be the biggest threats but i think a group of Preds can take IM down.

Do you think a self destruct would be able to KO or kill the Hulk or Thor?

Psychotron
Originally posted by juggerman
Thor and Hulk would be the biggest threats but i think a group of Preds can take IM down.

Do you think a self destruct would be able to KO or kill the Hulk or Thor?

Predator self-destruct is like a nuke according to AvP, so the Avengers will mortally wound a few and New York will become a crater. I doubt Hulk and Thor can tank the blast and the others get vaporized for sure. So Predators win, I guess.

juggerman
So if I took away the nukes Hulk and Thor wreck and if I take away Hulk and Thor Predators win?

Silent Master
The nukes would also kill the Predators, at which point nobody wins.

juggerman
Originally posted by Silent Master
The nukes would also kill the Predators, at which point nobody wins.

Only the Predators already through the portal. The rest of the invaders would be ok I think.

Silent Master
Iron-man destroyed several of the aliens right next to the portal at the start of the fight, if he does the same with the Pred's part of the blast would go right through the portal.

juggerman
Makes sense. They do have to manually engage it though. If he just blows them up like he did the Chitauri then they wouldn't even have the opportunity to set it up. But it seems like the nukes are too much for the Avengers but without them they have no shot against the big hitters of the Avengers.

Does anyone think the Avengers can win without Hulk and Thor?

BruceSkywalker
Predators die ugly deaths

FrothByte
Couple things to consider:

1. Preds don't have flying leviathans nor flying jet skis. So the troops will either be ground troops or will be flying spaceships

2. Only IM can see a Pred while it's cloaked. I guess Thor can spam lightning and Hulk can just smash everything in site, but it's going to be very hard for the Avengers to take on the Preds.

So while I don't see how the preds can take down Thor or Hulk without their nukes, I also think the preds are a lot more dangerous than the chitauri. At the very least, the human Avengers all get killed.

Psychotron
Makes sense. They do have to manually engage it though. If he just blows them up like he did the Chitauri then they wouldn't even have the opportunity to set it up. But it seems like the nukes are too much for the Avengers but without them they have no shot against the big hitters of the Avengers.

Does anyone think the Avengers can win without Hulk and Thor?

Predators are > Captain America in stats and have superior tech. In fact, Their plasma casters might do a number on even the Hulk. He was pinned down by the aliens at one point. So no, the Avengers get slaughtered by the Predators without the big guns.

relentless1
lol if arnie can take one down then the avengers will have NOOOO PROBLEM with any size group of them

Psychotron
Originally posted by relentless1
lol if arnie can take one down then the avengers will have NOOOO PROBLEM with any size group of them

Arnold's wrecked more people on screen than all of the Avengers combined, son.

juggerman
Originally posted by Psychotron
Predators are > Captain America in stats and have superior tech. In fact, Their plasma casters might do a number on even the Hulk. He was pinned down by the aliens at one point. So no, the Avengers get slaughtered by the Predators without the big guns.

Can the Preds win without nukes?

FrothByte
Possibly yes. Assuming that their shoulder canons can eventually take out Thor and Hulk. That's assuming that they're willing to use weaponry against an unarmed Hulk. Heck, maybe Thor should just throw mjolnir away. That way the preds will be honor-bound to fight them in melee.

Mindship
I don't see the Preds winning without nukes. I also see Thor and Hulk using abilities they have in the comics but haven't yet shown in film, eg, omnidirectional lightning blast, thunderclap.

With nukes, the Preds' main weapon would still be the element of surprise. I would think that if it was known ahead of time that aliens were incoming with nukes, Cap, Iron Man and Thor would come up with a plan (well, mostly it would be Cap and IM's plan).

Imo, it's the element of surprise + nukes that gives the Preds the win under the OP stips (my impression is that the Avengers would know no more about the Preds than they did about the Chits).

Psychotron
Originally posted by FrothByte
Possibly yes. Assuming that their shoulder canons can eventually take out Thor and Hulk. That's assuming that they're willing to use weaponry against an unarmed Hulk. Heck, maybe Thor should just throw mjolnir away. That way the preds will be honor-bound to fight them in melee.

Well, if this is an invasion and not a hunt then the honor rules probably won't apply.

Also, Predators have no problem with using weapons against monsters like the Aliens, so I think they wouldn't hold anything back in this fight, and especially not against a big green rage monster like the Hulk. Maybe some Predator would go 1v1 with Captain America for fun, which would be interesting, but that's it.

Can the Preds win without nukes?

I don't know, probably, I think the plasma casters can do a number on Hulk and Thor, after all, Hulk was pinned down by lasers that couldn't kill Captain America with a clean shot, and Thor took cover from machine gun fire, but Hulk and Thor can definitely kill a lot of Predators.

If they have the Chitauri's numbers and they pour out of the portal cloaked they can hit Thor and Hulk hard and fast, possibly taking them out early on. Captain America, Black Widow and Hawkeye get slaughtered either way, though. Iron Man goes down eventually as well, his armor couldn't withstand Extremis' heat so I don't think he'll be able to tank plasma shots.

Mindset
Renner solos.

Placidity
Originally posted by Mindset
Renner solos.

http://static.tumblr.com/745824be5304f923463c17c56e01449b/jkvq2kg/Xzjmg0sp2/tumblr_static_1.gif

Mindset
Originally posted by Placidity
http://static.tumblr.com/745824be5304f923463c17c56e01449b/jkvq2kg/Xzjmg0sp2/tumblr_static_1.gif Victory laugh. thumb up

Placidity
Originally posted by Mindset
Victory laugh. thumb up

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/62106/jeremy-renner-crying-o.gif

StealthRanger
Preds beat Hawkeye and Black Widow at least

Iron Man can stomp any Predator one on one but could lose to numbers dependent on their weapons. Maybe

Thor wipes them out with massive AoE attacks and Hulk thunderclaps I guess

Then again, Preds could prolly commit MAD by their nukes

Placidity
Originally posted by StealthRanger
Hulk thunderclaps I guess

Thunderclap won't do anything.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.