wolverine vs spider-man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WeThemBoyz
in this fight they are both fighting in a room of 2x2 meters and 2 meters high. spiderman cant use his webs or climb who wins

Star428
Wolverine kills him in this scenario. You took away pretty much every advantage Spidey had going for him against Wolverine. He's still stronger and a little faster with his spider-sense but he has very little room to maneuver and Wolverine's not exactly a slow poke, either. Sooner or later, he'll gut Spidey since Peter has no way to escape.

It really disgusts me to choose Wolverine over Spider-Man because I think he's such a lame character but Spidey can't win here.

DARTH POWER
This thread's designed for Spider-Man to lose.

WeThemBoyz
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
This thread's designed for Spider-Man to lose.

but spidy is still stronger and faster

DarkSaint85
Spidey wins this. Seriously, without a healing factor, one kick from Spidey and Wolverine is turned to mush.

Or he could just grab Wolverine's hands and make him punch himself.

WeThemBoyz
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Spidey wins this. Seriously, without a healing factor, one kick from Spidey and Wolverine is turned to mush.

Or he could just grab Wolverine's hands and make him punch himself.

wolverine is at his usual which means healing factor adamantium claws and everything.
aside of that wolverine is a top notch martial artist. you really think spidy can just grab his hands and treat him like a child? funniest thing is if spidy does such a move, wolverine was designed for such mistakes. spidy is losing at least 1 hand.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by WeThemBoyz
wolverine is at his usual which means healing factor adamantium claws and everything.
aside of that wolverine is a top notch martial artist. you really think spidy can just grab his hands and treat him like a child? funniest thing is if spidy does such a move, wolverine was designed for such mistakes. spidy is losing at least 1 hand.

But as a wise poster said:

but spidy is still stronger and faster

WeThemBoyz
But as a wise poster said:

strength has nothing to do with that. when someone grab you, you can easily evade and release your wrist with the right technique. i mean if hulk grabbed wolverine then yeah he is done. but spidy doesnt present anything on those levels to believe wolvy wont be able to evade his grabs. wolverine done it to roughouse who is stronger than spiderman as well as countless times escaped sabretooths grip. sabretooth is very close to spidy in terms of strength only more skilled. overall if spidy even tries to make a contact with wolvie he is losing limbs right away. his best bet is to avoid wolverine via spider sense, and strike him in the head causing him a knockout.

DarkSaint85
Sure, Sabes is close....but does he have the added advantage of Spideys sticky hands?

Thought not.

So it would be the equivalent of Sabes grabbing AND superglued to his wrists.

WeThemBoyz
Sure, Sabes is close....but does he have the added advantage of Spideys sticky hands?

Thought not.

it workd on surfaces not people. even if so it doesnt matter. lets say spidy hands are super glued to wolverine. thats cool. wolverine has 30 cm adamantium claws. all he has to do is twist his wrist with the most simple technique from krav maga and basically his claws are cutting off spidermans hand. by the way this is a technique wolverine already used in comics. a thug grabed his arm and wolverine said "hands off bub". the thug kept holding his arm so wolverine poped out his claws did that technique of twisting his wrist around which caused his claws to cut off the thugs arm. same thing will happen with spidy since he has a human physique and same thing will happen to his arm. this is not about strength but the human body mechaniques.

DarkSaint85
it workd on surfaces not people. even if so it doesnt matter. lets say spidy hands are super glued to wolverine. thats cool. wolverine has 30 cm adamantium claws. all he has to do is twist his wrist with the most simple technique from krav maga and basically his claws are cutting off spidermans hand. by the way this is a technique wolverine already used in comics. a thug grabed his arm and wolverine said "hands off bub". the thug kept holding his arm so wolverine poped out his claws did that technique of twisting his wrist around which caused his claws to cut off the thugs arm. same thing will happen with spidy since he has a human physique and same thing will happen to his arm. this is not about strength but the human body mechaniques.

It works on people.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11111/111111371/2959461-scary+2.jpg

And:

http://i.imgur.com/qsPdm.jpg

Krav Maga and body mechanics work, if you're on the same level (human vs human). Spiderman is decidedly stronger than Wolverine:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11111/111111371/2959529-spidey+lifts+train.jpg

So yeah, he dies.

Spiderman: why do you keep hitting yourself? Why do you keep hitting yourself?

WeThemBoyz
i already gave the reasoning and explained how wolverine will easily cut his hand off.spidy isnt by far stronger than wolverine who is enhanced in strength by himself. aside of that again strength doesnt have much to do with it. the pressure of the strength is squizing. however the power of squizing doesnt have much with the rotation wolverine will be doing with his wrist.no matter how hard spider man squiz his forearms. wolverine is twisting his wrist which doesnt have any force preventing from it to rotate. therefor wolverine will cut his hand off.

DarkSaint85
Yeah....Spidey is much stronger. I know Wolverine has enhanced strength, but its not near a serious Spidey. We can go for a feat war, if you like. Strength. See who wins.

Go grab a 5 year old. Grab them by the wrists. You honestly think a grown man would be unable to stop them from twisting out? Honestly?

WeThemBoyz
Yeah....Spidey is much stronger. I know Wolverine has enhanced strength, but its not near a serious Spidey. We can go for a feat war, if you like. Strength. See who wins.

Go grab a 5 year old. Grab them by the wrists. You honestly think a grown man would be unable to stop them from twisting out? Honestly?

no i wont take your bait and make it a wolverine vs spidy strength feats war. of course spidy is stronger than wolverine however its not the way you presented it. as if its spidy and an average human being.

it is not the same. you didnt get my point. wolverine doesnt need to twist his arm out of the grip. he has a 30 cm claws made out of adamantium. he only needs to twist his wrist in order to cut spidy hand off. thats it. not even twist out of the grip, just twist his wrist. and if you believe he wont be able to twist his wrist then visit our friend ANATOMY.
as i explained wolverine already did such a thing to someone. and he was left with the guys hand cut off, and still holding his forearm

DarkSaint85
no i wont take your bait and make it a wolverine vs spidy strength feats war. of course spidy is stronger than wolverine however its not the way you presented it. as if its spidy and an average human being.

it is not the same. you didnt get my point. wolverine doesnt need to twist his arm out of the grip. he has a 30 cm claws made out of adamantium. he only needs to twist his wrist in order to cut spidy hand off. thats it. not even twist out of the grip, just twist his wrist. and if you believe he wont be able to twist his wrist then visit our friend ANATOMY.
as i explained wolverine already did such a thing to someone. and he was left with the guys hand cut off, and still holding his forearm

This thug he did it to...random human was it? Thought so thumb up

Yeah, you'll have to post this scan. Because if Spidey is still holding on to his wrists, he's not cutting him.

And as for your friend ANATOMY, he/she will leave you when it comes to guys who are magnitudes stronger. Which is how strong Spiderman is compared to Wolverine.

I mean, each finger does this, casually:

http://lounge.moviecodec.com/images/attachment/batman-vs-spiderman-13039.jpg

And he lifts tanks and throws them, casually:
http://lounge.moviecodec.com/images/attachment/batman-vs-spiderman-13037.jpg

His grip strength is tremendous. Added to that, his sticky grip (which I've already defeated you on) and Wolverine isn't cutting anything.

And this is what I was referring to. Great twisting skills, Wolverine!
http://arousinggrammardotcom.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/wolverineff211.jpg

A bloodlusted Wolverine, no less. And seeing as Spidey has tanked blows from Juggernaut/Hulk, that knee to the gut which put Daredevil down ain't putting Spidey down.

WeThemBoyz
first of all again you go with the strength thing. i already explained to you that if spidy is grabing wolverines forearm then all his strength will be squizing the forearm. it will not have anything to do with his wrist which wolverine can still rotate. you just dont get such a simple thing.

now if we are talkin here about spidy grabing logans WRISTS. then he wont be able to rotate them out of his grip. but he will be able to knee him in the nuts or headbutt him which will hurt spidy since adamantium skull and such. or wolverine will just flip spiderman over and stomp his face. and guess what happens once he is free?

the scenario you portrayed of spidy just punching one of the top martial artists of marvel, with his own hands while he is just standing and taking it. is just laughable to say the least...

DarkSaint85
first of all again you go with the strength thing. i already explained to you that if spidy is grabing wolverines forearm then all his strength will be squizing the forearm. it will not have anything to do with his wrist which wolverine can still rotate. you just dont get such a simple thing.

now if we are talkin here about spidy grabing logans WRISTS. then he wont be able to rotate them out of his grip. but he will be able to knee him in the nuts or headbutt him which will hurt spidy since adamantium skull and such. and guess what happens once he is free?

the scenario you portrayed of spidy just punching one of the top martial artists of marvel, with his own hands while he is just standing and taking it. is just laughable to say the least...

Re-read my post. I specifically said superglued to his WRISTS. You're the one who misread it and was fixated (wrongly) on his forearms. I always said wrists.

Thought not.

Lol. Headbutt? From a 5'3 (158cm if you're feeling nasty) guy? And you really think Wolverine would be able to make him lose his grip, when the Juggernaut, pounding on him, was unable to?

O...K....

http://www.comics101.com/comics101//news/Comics%20101/145/onjuggysback.jpg

Well, this has been fun. I've provided scans supporting my stance, and you...well, you haven't. And obviously want Wolverine to win, with the battle locale and the stips.

Which makes it worse when Spidey wins stick out tongue

WeThemBoyz
yes a headbutt from a guy who is 158 cm whats wrong? hell a headbutt to the chin with adamantium skull will make good damage. or a slight jump and break his nose.

first of all the juggernaut scan is a PIS. spiderman should have a broken spine. second of all juggernaut didnt have a real laverage to actually pount on spiderman. pounding on the back of your own back?you cant go hard with that one.
third of all the back can take very good punishement. however a headbutt to the nose will make spidy lose his grip and very easily. a knee to the nutts already hurted and took spidy down on several fights. hell spiderman and wolverine already fought and wolverine took him out with a kick to the nutts in case you didnt see it.
and if wolverine flip spidy and stomp his face of course he will lose his grip since he wont even have any real reason to hold on to his wrists in the first place.

as for scans? i was hoping as a member here you would know that someone who just started to post cant provide scans or post URL. thats why i wasnt quoting you when you posted scans. it doesnt let me post URL until i will have more posts or spend more time in here i guess.

DarkSaint85
Fair enough, I apologise for the dig at you for scan posting.

So which is it? PIS because his spine wasn't broken? Or was itbbecause he had no leverage?

You're first arguing that Spidey should be crippled from those blows. Then you say the blows are weak because he had no leverage....

leonidas
Well, this has been fun. I've provided scans supporting my stance, and you...well, you haven't.

thumb up a clinic. you're getting pretty good at this whole debate thing. laughing out loud

SamZED
Just want to point out that Wolverine never took Spider-man down with a kick to the nuts during an actual fight, it wasn't really a fight, Logan just went berserk when Punisher hit him and Spider-man and DD tried to calm him down/stop him from slaughtering Punisher. Also it's an Ennis book which in itself means it has no credibility whatsoever.

As for the fight itself, Wolverine wins the majority in this particular scenario because it favors him a lot. Spidey is still capable of winning some, in the past he has reacted fast enough to not only grab Wolverine's wrists mid attack but Pete's back was also turned on him when Logan started attacking. And they were standing right next to each other. Once he does he can use his strength to pin Wolverine down just like he did in Astonishing Spider-man & Wolverine. Logan still wins the majority here.

DarkSaint85
...... I feel an 'in communist Russia, Wolverine owns you!' joke...

WeThemBoyz
Fair enough, I apologise for the dig at you for scan posting.

So which is it? PIS because his spine wasn't broken? Or was itbbecause he had no leverage?

You're first arguing that Spidey should be crippled from those blows. Then you say the blows are weak because he had no leverage....

first of all what i was saying, is that you cant call that a pounding since he has no leverage and form in order to actually pound. but this is freakin juggernaut. spidy should have his back broken even with that.

SamZED
...... I feel an 'in communist Russia, Wolverine owns you!' joke... I can prove that Marvel stole the idea for the character from us. miffed

http://www.lazerhorse.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Old-Russian-Film-Poster-Wolverine.jpg

WeThemBoyz
Now you get to meet a G
Now you get to meet a G
Now you get to meet a G

Silent Master
The fact that the OP had to gimp Spider-man and place the fight is such a small space just to give Wolverine a chance should say it all.

WeThemBoyz
Originally posted by Silent Master
The fact that the OP had to gimp Spider-man and place the fight is such a small space just to give Wolverine a chance should say it all.

of course it should. spiderman would destroy wolverine. however this thread has different stips so it should be more interesting. (woopsy didnt catch your bait didnt i ;0)

Silent Master
of course it should. spiderman would destroy wolverine. however this thread has different stips so it should be more interesting. (woopsy didnt catch your bait didnt i ;0)

So Spider-man only wins 6/10?

WeThemBoyz
So Spider-man only wins 6/10?

if thats your opinion smile

Silent Master
if thats your opinion smile

I'm asking if that is your opinion, hence the "?".

WeThemBoyz
I'm asking if that is your opinion, hence the "?".

then why didnt you simply ask my opinion but already shoved numbers into my mouth?

Star428

Actually, while I agree that Spider-Man is superior to Wolverine, Wolvie has held his own against him on numerous occasions. Have you read the thick comic "Spider-Man vs Wolverine"? In it, they have a great showdown in a cemetary somewhere in Europe (Germany, I think). It's been a while since I've read it but I seem to remember it being a stalemate. Spidey was shocked at how fast Wolverine was. So much that he even started to doubt himself against him. I haven't really seen Spider-Man manhandle Wolvie like a joke since "Secret Wars". Of course, he's gotten some wins by incapacitation using his webs and I don't think Wolverine has ever outright beaten him. I could be mistaken though.

Silent Master
I just put 6/10 in my question as an example. you could have easily just answered. No, I think he wins ___. But it if makes you feel better I'll reword the question.

How many out of 10 do you see Spider-man winning?

WeThemBoyz
I just put 6/10 in my question as an example. you could have easily just answered. No, I think he wins ___. But it if makes you feel better I'll reword the question.

How many out of 10 do you see Spider-man winning?

why out of 10 and not 20?

Silent Master
Use whichever one you want.

JayDaDon
Originally posted by Star428
I haven't really seen Spider-Man manhandle Wolvie like a joke since "Secret Wars". .

There's the time Spidey webbed Logan up with his fists to his head off panel.

Silent Master
Originally posted by JayDaDon

Hasn't Spider-man also punched Wolverine through shatter-proof glass in the Avengers tower?

WeThemBoyz
why out of 10 and not 20?

hmmm.... are you talking about this thread or an averege encouter between the 2?

Star428

Uh, yeah. If you'd read the rest of my post you'd see that I said that Spidey had gotten some wins by webbing him up.

abhilegend
Did everybody forget this already?Originally posted by abhilegend
Better scans to click, no disrespect to paramaniac.stick out tongue

http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/14818930_avengingsm_16_th.jpg http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/14818931_avengingsm_16_th.jpg http://s4d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/14818932_avengingsm_16_th.jpg

Star428
Originally posted by abhilegend
Did everybody forget this already?

Nice. I wasn't aware of that. Is that from a relatively recent comic?

abhilegend
Its from Avenging Spider-man 16 and its two years old.

Jashro44
To be fair wolverine did get back up shortly and Pin Otto:
http://s1298.photobucket.com/user/jashro/media/AvengingSM_16_TheGroup-017_zpsb31b3180.jpg.html
http://s1298.photobucket.com/user/jashro/media/AvengingSM_16_TheGroup-018_zps3f3ab44c.jpg.html
http://s1298.photobucket.com/user/jashro/media/AvengingSM_16_TheGroup-019_zps20c71eb4.jpg.html

Not saying it takes away from the showing but yea.

JayDaDon
Uh, yeah. If you'd read the rest of my post you'd see that I said that Spidey had gotten some wins by webbing him up.

You said he hadnt been manhandled as a joke since secret wars, logan didnt put his OWN fists to his head so clearly he got manhandled.

cdtm
Too bad it was Spider Oct who knocked out Logan, and not Peter.

But Oct was generally less effective then Peter anyways.

DarkSaint85
He was weaker, and his Spidey sense wasn't as good.

cdtm
Wolverine kills him in this scenario. You took away pretty much every advantage Spidey had going for him against Wolverine. He's still stronger and a little faster with his spider-sense but he has very little room to maneuver and Wolverine's not exactly a slow poke, either. Sooner or later, he'll gut Spidey since Peter has no way to escape.

It really disgusts me to choose Wolverine over Spider-Man because I think he's such a lame character but Spidey can't win here.

The speed gaps more then just a little, imo.. Spidey's speed feats are much, much more impressive then simply dodging a single bullet or deflecting them.

Lets put it this way, as impressive as this feat is: (Not commenting on Wolverines speed specifically here, just this specific feat)

http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/dodge-the-bullet_cassandra-cain_295.jpg

This is a nice bullet dodging feat. Even if Logan has comparable feats, it's still nothing compared to what Spidey has.

GroggyGrunt
thumb up DarkSaint.

No-mercy Spidey wins all day long. He could literally rip Wolverine apart at a whim (Wolvie's bones are adamantium...his connective tissue isn't).

I can't deny being an unabashed Spidey fan, but his strength always seems to be greatly downplayed.

Jashro44
He was weaker, and his Spidey sense wasn't as good.

This is also true. Otto had problems wall crawling in the same issue because he was learning how to use his power. His mind still overrode his body basically. There is some context on both sides all though yea definitely a good showing for Otto.

Otto also never showed Peters way of the spider so theres that. Still I think this is a low showing for wolverine.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.