Starkiller vs Darth Bane

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

NewGuy01
Since "The Force Unleashed" characters are the theme of the week, let's throw the creator of the Ro2 against the last recipient of it's teachings.

Bane is as he appears in Dynasty of Evil

Starkiller is as he appears in The Force Unleashed II

Setting: The Dunes of Tatooine

Nephthys
Bane.

Inb4 Maul>Bane.

Trocity
Originally posted by Nephthys
Inb4 Maul>Bane.

laughing out loud

Nargaroth
Probably Bane, but only because Starkiller is a mediocre duellist, because in a Force battle, Starkiller would demolish Bane.

NewGuy01
Stalemating Darth Vader while at a significant disadvantage spells out mediocrity to you?

Nargaroth
He was losing to a Vader who was clearly holding back in skill, and in the first part of the fight was only testing him and fighting casually. Starkiller even admitted that he could only stalemate that version of Vader AT BEST. And I don't see what advantages Starkiller had. He certainly wasn't exausted considering his incredible stamina, since he was able to stay 13 days without sleeping or eating, drawing on nothing but the Force to sustain himself.

NewGuy01
In the same sentence that describes that even at his best he could only reach a stalemate, he notes that this was because his training was sabatoged in a similar fashion as Bane/Kas'im.

carthage
Bane has no dueling feats to compare with fighting evenly with pre-Prime Vader, and his force abilities are nowhere near as powerful as Starkiller

Bane gets atomized

carthage
Originally posted by Nargaroth
Probably Bane, but only because Starkiller is a mediocre duellist, because in a Force battle, Starkiller would demolish Bane.

You act as if Bane isn't a mediocre duelist

Nargaroth
Originally posted by carthage
You act as if Bane isn't a mediocre duelist

Bane might be overrated as a duellist, but he is still relatively skilled, and I consider him at least decent, if not good.

NewGuy01
Again, you act as if Galen isn't even a decent duelist. no expression

Nargaroth
This is not Galen but the clone, and the former was troubled by mediocre duellists like Kota anyway, and didn't improve that much as a duellist after that.

Arhael
This is not Galen but the clone, and the former was troubled by mediocre duellists like Kota anyway, and didn't improve that much as a duellist after that.
How do you know Kota was mediocre? Laughingly deflecting lightning with bare hands is not a small feat.

Nargaroth
Originally posted by Arhael
How do you know Kota was mediocre? Laughingly deflecting lightning with bare hands is not a small feat.

I meant as a duellist. In terms of Force use, he is a powerful Jedi Master, and I would actually put him in Obi-Wan's class (don't know if he is better or worse than Kenobi, though).

Arhael
I meant as a duellist. In terms of Force use, he is a powerful Jedi Master, and I would actually put him in Obi-Wan's class (don't know if he is better or worse than Kenobi, though).
Again how does one define someone duel capabilities, when the character is literally unknown?

Trocity
"Kota was a shitty lightsaber duelist despite being a practitioner of the lightsaber combat form Juyo. Unlike most Jedi, who hung their lightsabers from their belts, Kota kept his in a sheath on his back. Despite being trained in the most aggressive of the seven forms of lightsaber combat, Kota preferred to adopt a defensive stance in combat, using the Force to protect himself until he could launch a counterattack as he was not fast or skilled enough to compete with above average duelists."

Straight from Wookieepedia

Arhael
Originally posted by Trocity
"Kota was a skilled lightsaber duelist and was a practitioner of the lightsaber combat form Juyo. Unlike most Jedi, who hung their lightsabers from their belts, Kota kept his in a sheath on his back. Despite being trained in the most aggressive of the seven forms of lightsaber combat, Kota preferred to adopt a defensive stance in combat, using the Force to protect himself until he could launch a counterattack."

Fixed

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Trocity
"Kota was a shitty lightsaber duelist despite being a practitioner of the lightsaber combat form Juyo. Unlike most Jedi, who hung their lightsabers from their belts, Kota kept his in a sheath on his back. Despite being trained in the most aggressive of the seven forms of lightsaber combat, Kota preferred to adopt a defensive stance in combat, using the Force to protect himself until he could launch a counterattack as he was not fast or skilled enough to compete with above average duelists."

You learn quickly. Good.

Fated Xtasy
um, Who has TFU 2 Starkiller fought that puts him above Bane? I've played the game, read a few excerpts from the novel etc etc..

He hasn't done as much as his original self(As a duelist i mean) He fought with Vader, sure. But wasn't Vader toying with him? hell wasn't the only reason Starkiller defeated Vader in that fight due to his Rage?

I'm saying Bane wins with some difficulty.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
He fought with Vader, sure. But wasn't Vader toying with him? hell wasn't the only reason Starkiller defeated Vader in that fight due to his Rage?

Nah Vader wasn't toying with him. They were stalemating, and Starkiller had the disadvantage of trying to get to Juno. It was more frustration than rage, which wasn't helping him.

Anyway they were pretty much portrayed as equals.

carthage
Bane hasn't actually ever beaten anyone in a lightsaber duel, he would've beaten Zannah but she had hit him with a spell and kill him with a nexus. In Skill Bane is inferior to Stariller, as his only notable victory is against a featless trainee Sirak. Starkiller can outright dominate him with the force if he chooses to.

carthage
STARKILLER SLAUGHTERHOUSE

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.