Who wins this race?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supermex
Who wins?
No prep..
Dcnu..

Race starts on the middle of Time Square NY and on who ever gets to the planet Saturn, circle it and head back to Time Square NY.

Thor
Superman
Silver Surfer
G.L Hal
Spectrum
M.Manhunter
Gladiator
Shazam

Give me your top 3 finishers with #1 your first place pick..

Reflassshh
Surfer has the edge in travel speed.

carver9
Originally posted by Reflassshh
Surfer has the edge in travel speed.

riv6672
Surfer
GL
Thor

pym-ftw
Surfer
Glads
Supes

Star428
Originally posted by riv6672
Surfer
GL
Thor

I pretty much agree with this except for your number 3 pick. Unless Thor just teleports I don't see how he has faster travel speed than Superman.

riv6672
And i dont see how how he doesnt.
The hammer (the board, the ring) is propulsion system, and has the better speed. All Thor (and SS and GL) has to do is hang on.

9jaboy
Surfer
GL
Thor
Thor haha

riv6672
Wow. I guess i change my mind. I mean, when a kindergardener takes the trouble to stay up till almost 2 in the morning to sneak on his parent's computer and haha my choice, well, i really have to re think that choice.

krisblaze
I don't see DCNU Lanterns winning a race against Superman or Surfer.

Thor loses, as he can't fly.

riv6672
Bit simplistic on all counts but, if you're happy with it i'm not going to argue.

Shabazz916
Superman wins via heat vision

9jaboy
Wow. I guess i change my mind. I mean, when a kindergardener takes the trouble to stay up till almost 2 in the morning to sneak on his parent's computer and haha my choice, well, i really have to re think that choice. it's spelt kindergarTener not kindergarDener...its ok,no need to apologize

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by 9jaboy
it's spelt kindergarTener not kindergarDener...its ok,no need to apologize

It's spelt kindergartner, not kindergertEner...it's OK, no need to thank me.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/kindergartner

Whilst your variant is also...acceptable, it is the variant. The original has no extra 'e'.

riv6672
Kids these days. stick out tongue

9jaboy
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
It's spelt kindergartner, not kindergertEner...it's OK, no need to thank me.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/kindergartner

Whilst your variant is also...acceptable, it is the variant. The original has no extra 'e'.
wrong account: while webster presents it this way( which would mean i was still correct),..its still kindergartEner in other dictionaries and kindergartner as synonym. Its gotten from kindergartEn. Haha

9jaboy
Kids these days. stick out tongue
Not a big deal...anybody can call anybody a kid on the internet.

riv6672
Anybody can google words and point out supposed spelling faux pas to cover up their lack of anything else to add to the debate.
Mostly kids. wink

Mindship
Surfer
Superman
GL

DarkSaint85
wrong account: while webster presents it this way( which would mean i was still correct),..its still kindergartEner in other dictionaries and kindergartner as synonym. Its gotten from kindergartEn. Haha

True.

I guess I just didn't want to point out all your mistaken uses of the word 'its'. Which you've replicated here; quite baffling, as you make use of words like 'synonym'.

abhilegend
Superman wins.

Supermex
I should apologize for my little brother Francis aka (9jaboy) yup he is only 10 years old. Not sure why he was out of bed so late. I told mom, she slapped him across his face! Knocked him right out of his onesie!

9jaboy
Originally posted by Supermex
I should apologize for my little brother Francis aka (9jaboy) yup he is only 10 years old. Not sure why he was out of bed so late. I told mom, she slapped him across his face! Knocked him right out of his onesie!

how old are you?

9jaboy
Surfer/superman
hal
gladiator

9jaboy
Anybody can google words and point out supposed spelling faux pas to cover up their lack of anything else to add to the debate.
Mostly kids. wink

Did i make you angry?

CatL18
Surfer/superman
hal
gladiator
This

carver9

Lol.

Mindset
I should apologize for my little brother Francis aka (9jaboy) yup he is only 10 years old. Not sure why he was out of bed so late. I told mom, she slapped him across his face! Knocked him right out of his onesie! laughing out loud

"Id"
Surfer
Superman
GL

psycho gundam
Originally posted by carver9
Lol. You're very similar to 9jaboy but like ...35 1/2 years old

9jaboy
Originally posted by psycho gundam
You're very similar to 9jaboy but like ...35 1/2 years old In what way?

shadowknight
SS
Superman
Gl

riv6672
Did i make you angry?
Ha yeah. Livid.
Thats why i'm happy your big brother pimp smacked you for staying up late.

On Topic:
I believe the characters that use propulsion systems have an advantage over self propelled ones. Thats why i picked the ones i did.

9jaboy
Ha yeah. Livid.
Thats why i'm happy your big brother pimp smacked you for staying up late.

On Topic:
I believe the characters that use propulsion systems have an advantage over self propelled ones. Thats why i picked the ones i did.

That was not my intention then.
I am the first born,in my family..

Fair enough,if thats your opinion..

riv6672
Look at you being all polite.
Supermex straightened you out good!
laughing

9jaboy
I'm always polite smile

riv6672
Good boy. clap

9jaboy

On Topic:
I believe the characters that use propulsion systems have an advantage over self propelled ones. Thats why i picked the ones i did. so you chose thor just because he propels himeself with a hammer?

9jaboy
Good boy. clap more like a young man.

riv6672
so you chose thor just because he propels himeself with a hammer?
A hammer that can travel at FTL speed, through dimensions, time and space, yes.
I did put him last, though, as the board and the ring are SPEcIFICALLY designed for space travel. I still maintain the hammer gives Thor the edge over self propulsion.

more like a young man.
But, thats not your username, boy.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Superman/SS
Glads/Hal
Rest.

JBL
Surfer/Gladiator
The others are not in those two speed class.

riv6672
How fast id Gladiator?
I know he's a Superman expy, but i mostly know strength feats.

carver9
Extremely fast. His latest was flying 200 light yrs in minutes.

One_Angry_Scot
How fast id Gladiator?
I know he's a Superman expy, but i mostly know strength feats.

Originally posted by carver9
Extremely fast. His latest was flying 200 light yrs in minutes.

That and I guess this as well, travelling at 100 times the speed of light.

http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t/20444884_2821907-gladiator_star_strike.jpg http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t/20444886_9120718.jpg

riv6672
Funky. Thanks, guys.

carver9
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
That and I guess this as well, travelling at 100 times the speed of light.

http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t/20444884_2821907-gladiator_star_strike.jpg http://s5d3.turboimagehost.com/t/20444886_9120718.jpg

thumb up

I think he also have that showing of chasing the Skrull across the Universe in some minutes. And he flew from the Shiar empire (which is on the other side of the Galaxy) to Earth during mid sentence.

janus77
Silver Surfer

Superman
Gladiator

riv6672
Nice.
I know Thor threw Mjolnir to the far side of the galaxy and back in under a minute. I figure, if he were actually going for speed, he could top that easy.

Still, i may have to bump him out of top 3, if i put Glads in there...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.