Shaw/General Grievous vs Weapon XI/Spiderman: Movie Amalgam 9

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

maxivitopowe
They have no Idea what the others powers are

Combined Stats, Powers and Experience

All the strengths, none of the weaknesses

Fight in rural Maine
No bfr

Psychotron
So, Spider-man with teleportation, optic blasts, a healing factor and adamantium katanas vs. Grevious with kinetic energy absorption?

Spider-pool stomps.

Placidity
Can Shaw even be harmed?

Bentley
Originally posted by Placidity
Can Shaw even be harmed?

He'll get cut by his own Light Saber here.

Placidity
Originally posted by Bentley
He'll get cut by his own Light Saber here.

He has Grievous' experience.

Also:

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120329162537/pt.starwars/images/thumb/a/a6/Tutaminis-TORHope.png/500px-Tutaminis-TORHope.png

z0RuR3FREFw

Psychotron
He has Grievous' experience.

Also:

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120329162537/pt.starwars/images/thumb/a/a6/Tutaminis-TORHope.png/500px-Tutaminis-TORHope.png

z0RuR3FREFw

Shaw doesn't have the Force, and that's from the EU which isn't canon.

Spider-pool will have no trouble taking one of his sabers and cutting him to pieces.

Placidity
Originally posted by Psychotron
Shaw doesn't have the Force, and that's from the EU which isn't canon.

Spider-pool will have no trouble taking one of his sabers and cutting him to pieces.

The point is the saber blade is just energy which can be absorbed.

Psychotron
The point is the saber blade is just energy which can be absorbed.

Shaw can only absorb kinetic energy. Not light/heat.

Placidity
Originally posted by Psychotron
Shaw can only absorb kinetic energy. Not light/heat.

All forms of energy are classified as either 1. Kinetic Energy, or 2. Potential Energy.

Heat and light are kinetic. And he has shown to absorb heat:

- Grenade
- Bazooka
- Havok's blast

And he has also shown to absorb Potential Energy:

- Nuclear

I'm not saying he can for a fact (overload argument), but there is strong reason to think he could potentially.

Bentley
Again, in the contexts of Shaw's powerset absorbing kinetic energy means he slows down matter particles when they are in movement. It would make sense for it to absorb heat to a certain degree I guess.

Psychotron
You guys are applying real-world physics to comic book and sci-fi movies. It doesn't work that way. And especially not with a weapon like the lightsaber. BTW Havok's blast has a kinetic component just like grenade and RPG explosions.

That aside, there's nothing stopping Spider-pool from webbing Shevious up. Should be a simple matter with his speed, agility, and teleportation.

K-Dog
Personally would have assumed that a light saber would be absorbed by Shaw. As mentioned, he absorbed a whole range of energy types.

KingD19
Yoda used that same technique in the movies and Vader did as well against Han. It's called Tutaminis and allows one to absorb heat or electrical energy. Yoda absorbed Force Lightning, and it's shown that one can absorb blaster bolts(Vader) and saber energy as well.

So Shaw would definitely be able to absorb it.

But before any of this, Spidey will probably open with the optic beams, which will only serve to supercharge Shawvous.

Psychotron
Even if that happens, which is unlikely, Barak-man won't be injured by Shaw. He is still too fast, too agile, has a teleport, and Spider sense. And there's Spidey's durability.

KingD19
So it's unlikely that he'll use his most powerful attack and it's unlikely when he uses it that Shawvous will get a charge from it?

maxivitopowe
Spidey is My fave character and even i'm saying that Psych's arguaments are bullsh!t

Psychotron
Originally posted by KingD19
So it's unlikely that he'll use his most powerful attack and it's unlikely when he uses it that Shawvous will get a charge from it?

I was talking about Shaw absorbing a lightsaber. And how does he even tag Spider-pool?

Originally posted by maxivitopowe
Spidey is My fave character and even i'm saying that Psych's arguaments are bullsh!t

That hurts my feelings, mate.

StealthRanger
So.... how does Spiderpool get past General Shaw's energy absorption?

From what I recall he doesn't have anything that can overload his defenses and whatnot so, yeah

KingD19
So how is it unlikely he'd absorb the saber when it's been done in canon? And he has absorbed heat/light energy with no problems several times in the movie? And that's all a saber is? Literally all signs point to him being able to.

And he has AOE attacks as well as just being able to tank everything Weapon Spidey can throw at him until he gets lucky and hits him.

StealthRanger
Lightsabers are actually plasma contained in a magnetic field. Though it's still energy

Anyways, Shaw is fast enough to catch multiple bullets that have been fired at him from all angles, for speed feats

Placidity
Originally posted by StealthRanger

Anyways, Shaw is fast enough to catch multiple bullets that have been fired at him from all angles, for speed feats

Hm, don't remember this. Which scene?

StealthRanger
On second thought I misremembered the scene in question. The scene where Shaw and co. come for the mutants and he gets fired upon from several directions and once. My mistake

Though I suppose you could say Shaw has automatic defenses? *shrug*

Psychotron
Webbing + superior speed, agility and teleport.

gg Shaw.

Bentley
Lightsabers are actually plasma contained in a magnetic field. Though it's still energy

Shaw's abilities in comics won't absorb a light saber just like that, I'm not familiar with the movvie version, but bullets are entirely different than plasma when it comes to his powerset.

KingD19
He absorbed several sources of energy in the movie that would allow him to absorb a saber's energy. And the comic version now can absorb more than simply kinetic energy. They made a big deal about it in Avengers Academy.

StealthRanger
Originally posted by Bentley
Shaw's abilities in comics won't absorb a light saber just like that, I'm not familiar with the movvie version, but bullets are entirely different than plasma when it comes to his powerset.

Bullets still contain energy, meaning they'd just become inert if Shaw absorbed them. Plus he was fired upon from many angles at once by assault rifles, meaning either supersonic+ reactions or automatic defenses. Make of that what you will

So yeah, he could absorb the energy from Spiderpool's physical attacks even. And I see nothing suggesting Spiderman or Deadpool's attacks could push Shaw beyond his limits

Bentley
Originally posted by KingD19
He absorbed several sources of energy in the movie that would allow him to absorb a saber's energy. And the comic version now can absorb more than simply kinetic energy. They made a big deal about it in Avengers Academy.

Didn't read that, but if that's true I stand corrected.

Bullets still contain energy, meaning they'd just become inert if Shaw absorbed them. Plus he was fired upon from many angles at once by assault rifles, meaning either supersonic+ reactions or automatic defenses. Make of that what you will

So yeah, he could absorb the energy from Spiderpool's physical attacks even. And I see nothing suggesting Spiderman or Deadpool's attacks could push Shaw beyond his limits

Sure, he should tank Spiderpool's physical attacks, my argument is that the lightsabers would still hurt Shawvious.

StealthRanger
Well lightsabers are basically plasma energy so, I don't see why not, personally

Bentley
Well lightsabers are basically plasma energy so, I don't see why not, personally

Again, the powerset of Shaw's classic comic version works like that, if this version has absorbed plasma weapons then it can do so.

StealthRanger
He's absorbed grenades going off in his face (might be a reaction/movement speed dependent on how you interpret it), so maybe I suppose

Psychotron
Explosions have a kinetic component, though.

I still don't see anyone of Shaw's supporters coming up with a way for him to counter Spider-pool's webbing/teleport combo.

Bentley
He's absorbed grenades going off in his face (might be a reaction/movement speed dependent on how you interpret it), so maybe I suppose

Explosive force is something that classic Shaw would counter without being able to counter exotic energies. Just throwing that out there for what it's worth.

maxivitopowe
Why are people arguing whether Shaw can absorb lightsabers? He is amalgam with grievous.

Also should have put this in first page but in this scenario adamantium can block lightsabers

Lestov16
General Shaw should win. There's nothing Spideypool can do to hurt him.

Psychotron
Originally posted by Lestov16
General Shaw should win. There's nothing Spideypool can do to hurt him.

How does Shaw avoid getting webbed up?

maxivitopowe
And nothing Spideypool can't regenerate from

StealthRanger
Decapitation can keep him down temporarily at least

Bentley
Originally posted by maxivitopowe
Why are people arguing whether Shaw can absorb lightsabers? He is amalgam with grievous.

Also should have put this in first page but in this scenario adamantium can block lightsabers

Spidey can easily steal the sabers with his vastly superior speed and precog.

Psychotron
Decapitation can keep him down temporarily at least

Teleport + Spider sense. Not to mention Spider-man's speed and agility stacked with Deadpool's own bullet cutting speed and his mad skills. General Shaw isn't decapitating anyone.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.