Top 10 Dark Council Members

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Who are the most powerful Dark Council Members in Sith history?

NewGuy01
Marr, Jadus, Nox, Lokess, Nyriss, and Baras all come to mind.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
why Lokess in particular?

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Marr, Jadus, Nox, Lokess, Nyriss, and Baras all come to mind.

Question(To both You NewGuy01 and XSUPREMEXSKILLZ) are Jadus and Marr more or less on the same level or am i way off base?

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
why Lokess in particular?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Question(To both You NewGuy01 and XSUPREMEXSKILLZ) are Jadus and Marr more or less on the same level or am i way off base?

More or less, yeah.

Q99
Thanaton's probably in the top ten. Perhaps Mehkis, lower down.

NewGuy01
In no particular order:

-Darth Marr
-Darth Jadus
-Darth Baras
-Darth Nyriss
-Darth Nox
-Darth Ekkage
-Darth Thanaton
-Darth Mehkis
-Darth Decimus

Darth Arho, Darth Mortis, and Darth Soverus are candidates for #10.

NewGuy01
Lokess probably has a place in that list, too.

Kosmos Supreme
Nox
Jadus
Marr
Mortis
Nyriss
Baras
Ravage
Thanaton
Sajar
No 10. would probably be two of these guys Arho, Vengean, Arkous, Decimus

SunRazer
Somebody said that the Emperor once stated that he considered Mortis a threat to his power. Not sure if this refers to Force abilities, but if it does, then it'd place him among the top Dark Councillors for sure.

ChaosTheory123
What's the source on that anyway?

Friend of mine's been trying to find that quote :hmm

Total Warrior
Originally posted by NewGuy01
In no particular order:

-Darth Marr
-Darth Jadus
-Darth Baras
-Darth Nyriss
-Darth Nox
-Darth Ekkage
-Darth Thanaton
-Darth Mehkis
-Darth Decimus

Darth Arho, Darth Mortis, and Darth Soverus are candidates for #10. Darth Mortis should be in that list, he said he going to "silence" Thanaton, so he's at least around that level

SunRazer
Originally posted by Total Warrior
Darth Mortis should be in that list, he said he going to "silence" Thanaton, so he's at least around that level

That was Ravage, and saying that you can do something is just typical Sith arrogance. For that matter, Thanaton claimed that after he killed Nox, he would make the Dark Council "answer" for not helping him - but we all know he couldn't do either.

Originally posted by ChaosTheory123
What's the source on that anyway?

Friend of mine's been trying to find that quote :hmm

Don't know. I just heard it from someone.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
More or less, yeah. I would think that Jadus is in a different league. mmm

Sinious
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
are Jadus and Marr more or less on the same level or am i way off base? Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
More or less, yeah. Jadus should be ranked higher. Malgus and Jadus should be on the same level and Marr inferior to both imo.

Beniboybling
Malgus isn't on Jadus' level either tbh.

FreshestSlice
Acina is most powerful because she is empress.

That political power.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Sinious
Jadus should be ranked higher. Malgus and Jadus should be on the same level and Marr inferior to both imo.

thumb up

Sinious
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Malgus isn't on Jadus' level either tbh. With this amount of exposure I think putting him above Malgus level is a bit reaching. He definitely has the potential to be a level above Malgus though.

FreshestSlice
Pretty sure Valkorion put him above Malgus.

Sinious
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Pretty sure Valkorion put him above Malgus. True, that was epic tbh.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Sinious
With this amount of exposure I think putting him above Malgus level is a bit reaching. He definitely has the potential to be a level above Malgus though. Perhaps, but on the other hand Valkorion described him as the most powerful Sith in the Sith Empire's history bar himself, his mere presence caused pain to those around him, he mentally enslaved his disciples, mentally dominated a thousand minds, held together a dreadnought believed to be completely destroyed, which he could shake with his rage alone, and could render himself incorporeal at lightspeed.

Most if not all of which seems beyond what Malgus is capable of.

NewGuy01
Valkorion didn't deem him the most powerful Sith, he deemed him the greatest Sith; especially when considering Valkorion's values, there may be a distinct difference.

Also, Lightspeed? Lol.

ChaosTheory123
I think he's confusing teleportation for lightspeed travel *shrugs*

Beniboybling
Nah Kaylio shot at him and he disappeared before the bolt reached him:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11122/111222381/4481299-5691729980-s5Unm.gif

Various source stating blaster bolts travel at light speed or sublight speeds.

@NewGuy, mmm a fair point. I think Valkorion very much valued power though.

Sinious
Perhaps, but on the other hand Valkorion described him as the most powerful Sith in the Sith Empire's history bar himself, his mere presence caused pain to those around him, he mentally enslaved his disciples, mentally dominated a thousand minds, held together a dreadnought believed to be completely destroyed, which he could shake with his rage alone, and could render himself incorporeal at lightspeed.

Most if not all of which seems beyond what Malgus is capable of. As a Jadus fanboy Im not gonna argue with anything you said. However, my point is that the things you've listed should then logically put him above many other characters like Vader, Kun etc. We've never seen or read Jadus fight another force sensitive so far and because of that I'm hesitant to wank him any more than Malgus tier or Vader tier at best (which isn't that far above Malgus tier imo). It would kickass to see him back in KOTFE tbh. He'd probably be extremely powerful.

Beniboybling
Fair enough, can't say I disagree.

And yeah he survives no matter what option doesn't he? Would be remiss not to tie up that loose end.

Sinious

And yeah he survives no matter what option doesn't he? Would be remiss not to tie up that loose end. Yep, I feel like the writers are aware of the nergasm Jadus has caused and since there is no chance of a novel I think we will definitely see him at one point. Especially now that Valkorion mentioned him.

Zenwolf

Various source stating blaster bolts travel at light speed or sublight speeds.

News to me, source?

FreshestSlice
It really doesn't matter regardless. The same thing that helps Jedi block blaster fire would help Jadus know to move.

Beniboybling
It really doesn't matter regardless. The same thing that helps Jedi block blaster fire would help Jadus know to move. Its not his reaction time that is impressive, more that he could become incorporeal almost instantly.Originally posted by Zenwolf
News to me, source? "Energy weapons fire invisible energy beams at lightspeed."

—Attack of the Clones Incredible Cross-Sections

FreshestSlice
From the perspective of muggles. He didn't actually become incorporeal. He just moved.

Beniboybling
I think even a muggle could surmise he did more than that.

Sinious
I think even a muggle could surmise he did more than that. lol thumb up

FreshestSlice
And yet he was trapped. For someone who can drop his form at wil, that's pretty damn sad. And obviously the lesson informed and experienced would think such things. That's like saying I have a lighter means I have pyrokenisis, and even a tribal would conclude that.

Beniboybling
If he "just moved" then he's capable of doing so at lightspeed and is frankly faster than Darth Sidious, Jadus surrendered because the arrival of the Dark Council, not because he was powerless before the mighty energy field. Though honestly the entire thing was PIS.

FreshestSlice
Or you know he used the Force and illusions on Cipher 9 like any rational human being would, got trapped and then mage the best of a bad situation. Makes more sense than the all powerful Jadus running from people who weren't even there.

Zenwolf
"Energy weapons fire invisible energy beams at lightspeed."

—Attack of the Clones Incredible Cross-Sections

Beni...you sure that it's not talking about turbolasers and the like? I mean it is from Incredible Cross Sections which talks about space fighters/cruisers. I don't think it counts towards handheld blasters, otherwise the long debate of blaster speed would have ended so long ago.

Q99
Hm, we only counting TOR, or can other Sith Councils join?

FreshestSlice
The thread is clearly about the DARK Council, which is only in TOR.

Beniboybling
Or you know he used the Force and illusions on Cipher 9 like any rational human being would, got trapped and then mage the best of a bad situation. Makes more sense than the all powerful Jadus running from people who weren't even there. Like any rational human? He was being threatened by a blaster, evading it by slowing down their perception of time is overkill to say the least.

That said that's friggin impressive in itself so I'll take that.

Nephthys
Maybe Jadus just used the magic of friendship or a leprechauns tears to evade the attack.

FreshestSlice
Like any rational human? He was being threatened by a blaster, evading it by slowing down their perception of time is overkill to say the least.

That said that's friggin impressive in itself so I'll take that.
You're right. It makes a lot more sense to say he can drop his body at will than make people believe he was standing somewhere he wasn't.

Beniboybling
When becoming incorporeal is the simplest conclusion, and "it was an illusion" generates an innumerable number of questions, yes lol.

FreshestSlice
No, no, it really doesn't. And the fact that you think him being able to turn his body to dust at will is simple is actually pretty retarded.

NewGuy01
What's with this perception of time bullshit? I'm pretty sure Fresh just meant that the Jadus that was fired at wasn't real.

Beniboybling
That only makes things more complicated.

For example if it wasn't real, where was he actually standing? And when he reappeared then disappeared again were those illusions too? Did he predict Kaliyo would shoot him in advance or is this an illusion he can construct in the fraction of a second? Why would he even bother with elaborate trickery in the first place despite seeing them as beneath him? And why was there no indication they were mentally manipulated?

Not sure what Fresh is going on about dust, more like the kind of cosmic energy we see Mother Talzin shift into with comparable ease. Which only raises the one question of why he didn't escape the Force field.

It's basic Occam's razor, the idea he became incorporeal is the simplest explanation.

FreshestSlice
/it's the simplest explanation
/writes a thesis to explain it

And Talzin could do they because, you know, she didn't have a body. That was a huge plot point, actually.

Beniboybling
/it's the simplest explanation
/writes a thesis to explain it.Which you clearly didn't read, as I was outlining the unresolved questions your explanation creates, not explaining my own. erm
Right, except Talzin becomes incorporeal several times before her body is destroyed on Zardossa.

Syndicate
Perhaps, but on the other hand Valkorion described him as the most powerful Sith in the Sith Empire's history bar himself, his mere presence caused pain to those around him, he mentally enslaved his disciples, mentally dominated a thousand minds, held together a dreadnought believed to be completely destroyed, which he could shake with his rage alone, and could render himself incorporeal at lightspeed.

Most if not all of which seems beyond what Malgus is capable of.

Didn't Malgus shake a transport with his rage alone?

Beniboybling
Not that I'm aware of.

Syndicate
Not that I'm aware of.

I believe he did sometime after he razed the Jedi Temple.

Sinious
lol @ this being an illusion feat.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Syndicate
I believe he did sometime after he razed the Jedi Temple. Well regardless, I wouldn't say it compares to shaking a dreadnought.

Syndicate
Well regardless, I wouldn't say it compares to shaking a dreadnought.

True. Plus you said this guy apparently held it together.

FreshestSlice
Which you clearly didn't read, as I was outlining the unresolved questions your explanation creates, not explaining my own. erm
Right, except Talzin becomes incorporeal several times before her body is destroyed on Zardossa.
I was talking about the last page of posts you made which, surprise, is still there.

And what you're talking about is after she loses her body, iirc. She went there to restore it.

Beniboybling
I was talking about the last page of posts you made which, surprise, is still there.Lol k except I didn't post anything remotely resembling a thesis, and the concept is only being explained because of your inability to grasp it.Nope, I'm talking about this:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11117/111179633/4579376-7741890264-45754.gifhttp://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11117/111179633/4579377-1829872015-45754.gif

Being two of several instances in which she becomes intangible before Zardossa.

Nephthys
Didn't SoD say she sacrificed her form to restore Maul?

Beniboybling
Yeah, Talzin appears to be able to manipulate her form on a very profound level.

She becomes incorporeal several times before restoring Maul however. 1st time being when Grievous corners her.

carthage
Originally posted by Syndicate
Didn't Malgus shake a transport with his rage alone?

-Deceived.

Syndicate
Thanks.

Revanchiste
Originally posted by Kosmos Supreme
Nox
Jadus
Marr
Mortis
Nyriss
Baras
Ravage
Thanaton
Sajar
No 10. would probably be two of these guys Arho, Vengean, Arkous, Decimus
Thanaton was Kinda weak.. But he is teh Dooku of his era.. Even if he start as a failed Darth Nihl...

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Revanchiste
Thanaton was Kinda weak.. But he is teh Dooku of his era.. Even if he start as a failed Darth Nihl...
Darth Thanaton wasn't weak.

Kosmos Supreme
Thanatons accolades and feats are better than anyone in the DC other than Nox, Marr, Jadus, Mortis, Baras and Nyriss.

Beniboybling
Darth Thanaton is supremely powerful tbh.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.