Top 5 Most Dominating Combatants in the Mythos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Who are the 5 most powerful combatants that specialize in beating you down until you can't get back up?

WildBantha88
Your girlfriend laughing out loud

Q99
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Who are the 5 most powerful combatants that specialize in beating you down until you can't get back up?

Interesting question, since it is much more compared-to-one's-peers specific, and while requiring power is not *just* about power (Luke, for example, despite outmatching almost everyone, rarely went all-out. And Vitiate rarely fought, preferring mind control).

Vader actively spent a good chunk of his career going around beating down every opponent he could, for example.

Sidious dominated almost every battle he was in.

Krayt was rather dominant during his time.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Some fighters to be taken into consideration:

-Darth Vader
-ROTS Anakin
-Orbalisk Darth Bane
-Darth Malgus
-Darth Tyranus
-Exar Kun

Fated Xtasy
Some fighters to be taken into consideration:

-Darth Vader
-ROTS Anakin
-Orbalisk Darth Bane
-Darth Malgus
-Darth Tyranus
-Exar Kun

Count Dooku? i've never taken him for the "beat you till you can't get up" type.

Also what about Maul, Starkiller, Savage and Malak?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
True enough, he dominates in a different fashion. But domination all the same.

Those 4 are good, but I don't feel they're quite as good as those I've mentioned.

Q99
I'm not sure if I'd count Orbalisk Bane since by the time he got the orbalisks, he wasn't engaging in many fights, and one of the few he did was a difficult one. I mean, he had the power for it to be sure, but spent most of his time in secret.

Maul, too many not-wins. Cut in half by Kenobi, beaten by Palpatine, held off by Kenobi in the fight where Savage lost an arm, lost again in SoD...

Starkiller is a pretty good one, his career is a line of wins until he goes out in a blaze of glory.

Fated Xtasy
True enough, he dominates in a different fashion. But domination all the same.

Those 4 are good, but I don't feel they're quite as good as those I've mentioned.

Oh crap, sorry man, i thought this was a top ten, not a top five, my bad

your consideration list is pretty solid though thumb up

Vorpal Ruin
Mace Windu
Lord Nyax
Sidious
Abeloth

NewGuy01
Lord Nyax.

Sinious
Tulak Hord seems to be an unstoppable combatant.

Arhael
Originally posted by Q99
Luke, for example, despite outmatching almost everyone, rarely went all-out
Don't really agree with that. It's more to do with opponents being good enough to last against him for some time.

S_W_LeGenD
Based on evidence and hype factor (in no specific order):

- Emperor Vitiate
- Tulak Hord
- Revan
- Darth Sidious
- Luke Skywalker
- Darth Marr
- Darth Malgus
- Hero of Tython
- Barsen'thor # 3
- Emperor's Wrath
- Emperor's Wrath II
- Darth Nox
- Darth Traya
- Exar Kun

Honorable mentions (in no specific order):

- Darth Bane (Orbalisks)
- Darth Krayt
- Exal Kressh
- Lord Nyax
- Darth Plagueis
- Darth Thanaton

----

Some of the most powerful entities are expected to be dominating in combat situations by virtue of their nature, talents, and power. Examples include Soa, Abeloth, Son, and Sel-Makor.

Selenial
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Based on evidence and hype factor (in no specific order):

- Emperor Vitiate
- Tulak Hord
- Revan
- Darth Sidious
- Luke Skywalker
- Darth Marr
- Darth Malgus
- Hero of Tython
- Barsen'thor # 3
- Emperor's Wrath
- Emperor's Wrath II
- Darth Nox
- Darth Traya
- Exar Kun

Honorable mentions (in no specific order):

- Darth Bane (Orbalisks)
- Darth Krayt
- Exal Kressh
- Lord Nyax
- Darth Plagueis
- Darth Thanaton

----

Some of the most powerful entities are expected to be dominating in combat situations by virtue of their nature, talents, and power. Examples include Soa, Abeloth, Son, and Sel-Makor.
Loving that he put in Sidious and Luke to appease TOR haters and Traya to appease me.

But this list is so wrong, in so many ways.

NewGuy01
What? Everyone knows Scourge could beat down Orbalisk Bane.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Oh crap, just noticed that.

ares834
Vader. His style, which relies on brute force, lends itself quite well to dominating others.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Selenial
Loving that he put in Sidious and Luke to appease TOR haters and Traya to appease me.
My list represents my honest perception in relation to the topic, my intention is not to appease you or any other fellow member. Sorry.

Darth Traya is in the list because of her performance against 3 Jedi Masters whom she easily overwhelmed and slaughtered with her powers and multiple assassins whom she eliminated like fodder in another confrontation.

And I don't feel the need to give an explanation about why Luke Skywalker and Darth Sidious are in my list. Any (informed) fan of the lore will rate these two highly in the matters of combat.

But this list is so wrong, in so many ways.
Feel free to disagree.

However, if your intention was to bait me to engage in a (meaningless) argument with you, your plan failed. I am no longer interested in expending lot of time and effort debating fictional characters for ZERO gains and experiencing negative attitude in return, I am focused on constructive matters in life.

Selenial
My list represents my honest perception in relation to the topic, my intention is not to appease you or any other fellow member. Sorry.

Darth Traya is in the list because of her performance against 3 Jedi Masters whom she easily overwhelmed and slaughtered with her powers and multiple assassins whom she eliminated like fodder in another confrontation.

And I don't feel the need to give an explanation about why Luke Skywalker and Darth Sidious are in my list. Any (informed) fan of the lore will rate these two highly in the matters of combat.

Feel free to disagree.

However, if your intention was to bait me to engage in a (meaningless) argument with you, your plan failed. I am no longer interested in expending lot of time and effort debating fictional characters for ZERO gains and experiencing negative attitude in return, I am focused on constructive matters in life.

Hahahahhahahahaha....

FINALLY.

I have done it. I am victorious.

You all owe me an eternal debt that can never be repayed....

Q99
Originally posted by Arhael
Don't really agree with that. It's more to do with opponents being good enough to last against him for some time.

A *lot* of the opponents who last against him are people, especially former students, he wants to turn to the light side / wants them to surrender / etc..

S_W_LeGenD
Hahahahhahahahaha....

FINALLY.

I have done it. I am victorious.

You all owe me an eternal debt that can never be repayed....

Your reaction is akin to that of a small kid upon getting an ice-cream.

Your presence here have nothing to do with the change in my participation level; it is an outcome of experiences in Star Wars related debates (entire history considered) and changing priorities in life.

Most debates about Star Wars are non-productive and wastage of time by the way. Life is too short for spending countless hours debating which fictional character is better then the other and vice versa.

Fated Xtasy
*Snip for length

LeGenD, I don't think you read the OP, it specifically stated The Most Dominating combatants, I don't think that's counting Vitiate's oh so great mind domination technique. this is more in the duelist department i think.
(I'm not saying he's a crap duelist btw)

Trocity
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy

But you were thinking it. wink Happy Dance

S_W_LeGenD
LeGenD, I don't think you read the OP, it specifically stated The Most Dominating combatants, I don't think that's counting Vitiate's oh so great mind domination technique. this is more in the duelist department i think.
Thanks for your input.

However, this statement:

- doesn't gives the impression of implying strictly lightsaber duels.

Maybe your position is correct but a clarification from "thread creator" would eliminate confusion.

Selenial

And, Y'know, Luke and tingz.

Probably the person who'd come last on any list like this, seeing as he's always so conservative with his power unless it's Sidious.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Trocity
We all were.

Anyway, I'll have to think about this one. Vader's definite on my list though, though. Maybe Krayt and the Wrath, as well.

Sidious is more about wtfpwning, and Luke isn't really that dominating of a duelist, tbh.

carthage
In terms of beatdowns

Malgus, Vader, Kun, Maul, and Savage

In terms of brutal force application

Darth Plagueis

Nephthys
Well if we're allowing any kind of domination, then Nox. She freaking humilated Thanaton in the most thorough domination I've seen in SW.

NewGuy01
Sidious.

DarthAnt66
Sidious, Tulak, Bane, Nox, and Malgus.
Revan and Malak can be considered up there as well.

Trocity
Originally posted by Nephthys
Well if we're allowing any kind of domination, then Nox. She freaking humilated Thanaton in the most thorough domination I've seen in SW.

That was pretty disgusting

Fated Xtasy
I know she isn't that great, but if we're talking about Aggressive "Beat you till every bone in your body breaks" types Exal Kressh seemed very aggressive, not deserving of a place in the top five or the top ten, but maybe an honorable mention or something. Just my opinion though.

Also. Going by brute strength alone, Savage and Maul fit the bill perfectly i would say, not as perfectly as Vader, but still.

Originally posted by Trocity

laughing That was kind of funny.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.