Supernatural Season 10

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Surtur
So I do not know really what to say here. I was looking forward to this new season a lot, as I always do for this show. Some parts of the opener were okay..but some parts I found to just be plain bad.

I was all for the Dean/Crowley bromance last season. Just like the Dean/Cas bromance, you could even make jokes like "oh these two are secretly in love" and laugh about it because you really didn't think it was true. Yeah..I find myself wondering if it is legitimately true now. Crowley says Dean completes him without the slightest hint of irony. Remember when he used to do things like present people he hoped would ally with him with a basket of muffins made from babies? The good ol' days.

I also have to say demon Dean is just like normal Dean. I know Crowley said killing with the first blade is keeping the demonic side from taking over fully, but he more or less just seems the same. Sleeping with skanky bar chicks? Check. Anger issues? Check. Drinking a lot? Check. Dean must of secretly been a demon since the first season.

I will admit I did laugh when he called the bar skank a bar skank. I like how she got all offended by it as if what he said was something outlandish instead of something true. "I'm so messed up I'm going to walk out of here thinking I deserved that". Well lady..don't walk like a duck and talk like a duck if you don't want to be called a duck.

Surtur
So the season just ended and we got a major twist to the shows mythology. Apparently Lucifer wasn't truly evil, he was corrupted by the mark, which essentially is a sentient "lock" keeping Eldritch Abominations away. It makes you almost feel sorry for him.

The ending bugged me though. Why does Death give Dean a weapon that is capable of killing him..all so he can kill Sam? Sam is a normal human, why was this necessary? Death should of known Dean was going to screw him over, because otherwise Dean would of just said "instead of killing Sam why not send him wherever you are sending me".

Though was I the only one suspicious of Death, like maybe it wasn't the true Death? Just because his egging on Dean to kill Sam seemed very out of character for him.

marwash22
i was skeptical of Death's... death as well. I was thinking it's something like, if you kill Death, you have to take his place.

janus77
I thought Death looked a bit more gaunt than usual. I suspect he was ill, maybe even at death's door.

I actually liked Supernatural this season. Not a fan, normally I just dip in for one or two episodes, but watched the whole season.

The_Tempest
Said it before, I'll say it again: Supernatural has gone downhill since season 3. 4&5 were pretty good, but after that it's been decent at best. Killing Death was also super contrived and lame. 👍

Mindset
Originally posted by The_Tempest
Said it before, I'll say it again: Supernatural has gone downhill since season 3. 4&5 were pretty good, but after that it's been decent at best. Killing Death was also super contrived and lame. 👍 S4 and S5 were the highlight of the entire series. erm

Anyway, Sam and Dean are w/o a doubt the worst people in existence.

MF DELPH
I don't think Death's really dead, I think it was more along the lines of him being banished from the mortal plane from being struck with his own scythe. Sure, it looked like he disintegrated, but a scene later Rowena killed Oskar so Death isn't 'dead' and it's still possible for beings to die.

Speaking of Rowena, what the hell amped her up at the end of the episode for her to be able to effortlessly overpower Crowley and Castiel like that? Was it the Codex?

Surtur
Said it before, I'll say it again: Supernatural has gone downhill since season 3. 4&5 were pretty good, but after that it's been decent at best. Killing Death was also super contrived and lame. 👍

I admit that this definitely wasn't its best season, but I will say that even when Supernatural has been at its worst I still found it entertaining. Sure they do more or less tend to revisit the same plots over and over again, but I like the mythology of the show and the sense of humor it still has about itself. I'll definitely be watching until the series ends.

Originally posted by Mindset

No, but they are the worst people to be friends with in all of existence. Befriending them means sooner or later you will die a horrible death. At least Bobby sort of got lucky because he died via a bullet to the head even though it took some time. Oh wait..Bobby was supposed to go to heaven, but was plucked down and sent to hell due to his friendship with Sam and Dean.

Originally posted by MF DELPH I don't think Death's really dead, I think it was more along the lines of him being banished from the mortal plane from being struck with his own scythe. Sure, it looked like he disintegrated, but a scene later Rowena killed Oskar so Death isn't 'dead' and it's still possible for beings to die.

I don't think Death is truly dead, but people being able to still die does not mean that Death is necessarily still alive. Death wasn't even on Earth for many centuries..he was trapped until season 5. Yet people still died, how? The Reapers. The reapers would still be around even with Death gone, and since they had no problem coping with all the deaths during the period where Death was MIA, I think to truly stop death you would need to get rid of all the reapers too.

Yeah it was the codex.

Mindset
No logical person can say Sam and Dread aren't terrible and the most dangerous people on the show.

Did you not just see the season finale?

Surtur
I did see it, but what did they do that was so evil? By the time Sam found out about the consequences of the mark being removed it was too late.

They are the most dangerous people on the show, but only because anyone who gets around them happens to die. This is because Sam and Dean have plot shields and the rest of the characters are not as lucky. They've probably had so many friends die they can't even remember them all.

Mindset
Originally posted by Surtur
I did see it, but what did they do that was so evil? Uh...seriously?

TheVaultDweller
The finale was very disappointing, and Sam and Dean really are the worst. Once again they've kicked up a giant shitstorm that will probably see countless people killed. They REALLY should know better by now. It says a lot about the show's current quality that I actually wanted Sam to die and Dean to get locked up on Mars or something.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by Mindset
S4 and S5 were the highlight of the entire series. erm

Nah. They were good, no doubt, and introduced a fairly compelling myth arc with respect to Lucifer's escape and the Heavenly Host facilitating the apocalypse... But overall the introduction of angels only served to pretty much neuter the horror aspect of the show and force the writers to come up with increasingly contrived ways to marginalized their Story Breaking power.

This show worked a lot better when it was about two clever, damaged people fighting the forces of darkness with their wits, preparation, and knowledge. Back when ghosts and vampires and demons were actually formidable and not punchlines. The best thing that could have happened for Supernatural imo is for the gates of Heaven to have been permanently shut, Angels on earth stranded and powerless (including Castiel), and the advantage thrown back to Hell. That could have been glorious.

My two cents, anyway.

~Bun Bun~
I liked this season but it isn't hitting me emotionaly like it used to. Demon dean was awesome.. black eyed dean could of lasted longer but i remember i was like that with purgatory.. i felt that was too short too. Crowley is boring now but I love him! He needs to be a shit starter again. I'm with those hoping they'd wrap around back to the end!verse. Yes we did get an interesting add on to lucys arc.. hopfully they take that somewhere. Rowena is cool, I'm not smitten with her but i like them trying to make the world of supernatural bigger.

Castiel needs a real role, I feel like they have no idea what to do with him.

I am excited to see what this darkness is. I hope death isn't dead because it makes no sense.. in their own writing death said before that he'd even reep god at one point so... i hope they didn't leave a hole there.

Mindset
Nah. They were good, no doubt, and introduced a fairly compelling myth arc with respect to Lucifer's escape and the Heavenly Host facilitating the apocalypse... But overall the introduction of angels only served to pretty much neuter the horror aspect of the show and force the writers to come up with increasingly contrived ways to marginalized their Story Breaking power.

This show worked a lot better when it was about two clever, damaged people fighting the forces of darkness with their wits, preparation, and knowledge. Back when ghosts and vampires and demons were actually formidable and not punchlines. The best thing that could have happened for Supernatural imo is for the gates of Heaven to have been permanently shut, Angels on earth stranded and powerless (including Castiel), and the advantage thrown back to Hell. That could have been glorious.

My two cents, anyway. I completely disagree with all of your opinions.

Kento
Crowley being all "I am bloody Crowley" was one of the best moments in the season. Crowley remembering what and who he really is, instead of pining over Dean, and humanity. I think they dropped the ball with Deanmon... and the whole Dean taking over Sam's role as the emo with an evil power they need to get rid of was very forced. Also, Charile.... Charlie should not have died as she did, or at all.

But Dean killing all the Frankenstein's was amazing. And return of Chuck for the musical was awesome. Also Sam's all sad because there is no Sastiel.

Surtur
Well a lot of people shouldn't of died as they did on this tv show. Sam and Dean do have super powers, they have an "all our friends die" aura. I mean Charlie got stabbed or something, Kevin got his friggin eyes burned out of his socket. Poor Rufus got chest stabbed. It's a shock Bobby lived as long as he did. Hell even once Bobby got to friggin heaven they f*cked Bobby over by getting him to help them and it lands Bobby in the jail in heaven. Plus before he even went to heaven his soul was specifically dragged to hell just for knowing the Winchesters.

I like to think back to the episode where they go to heaven and Ash says they have been there several times before..I like to think that each time Sam and Dean get brought back it basically means one of their friends is going to be horribly killed in some way.

It's funny though because back when crazy Gordon was calling Sam the anti-christ..he turned out to be more or less 100% correct.

Kento
Everyone they know dies, because they had to stay alive for Michael and Lucifer....that is kind of funny. And really fits Supernatural, and why they have so much bad luck with knowing people.

And yea, Gordon got it right, even though he was psycho and doing it for all the wrong reasons.

TheVaultDweller
At this point the Winchesters are like Kenny from South Park. They even referenced it in the show at some point. During the one season, a pair of other hunters kill them and Dean still says something like "When I come back... I'm coming for you two." Pretty sure both brothers have died and come back more than Jason Voorhees has.

Surtur
One thing I like about the show is that the fans know it so well that..we know when the series does end, it's not going to be a happy ending. It wouldn't really be Supernatural if it was. In the "Supernatural Special" the cast was talking about how even though it's been 10 years they'd love to stay on for as long as the show can. Normally you'd expect actors to be burnt out, but I think they recognize that the way the universe is set up they essentially have an endless supply of stories to tell. The show has also racked up enough episodes by now that the universe itself becomes something of a character. They are going to try to do another potential spin off series this season. I'd be curious as to what it will be. The last attempt, "Tribes" failed. Though to be honest I kind of liked it and it would of been a show I would of given a chance.

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
At this point the Winchesters are like Kenny from South Park. They even referenced it in the show at some point. During the one season, a pair of other hunters kill them and Dean still says something like "When I come back... I'm coming for you two." Pretty sure both brothers have died and come back more than Jason Voorhees has.

Yep, and speaking of Jason..Jason was supposed to appear in that episode where they go tripping on some dream root. It never happened due to copyrights or some kind of crap like that, but it would of been awesome.

Flyattractor
Just watched the new ep tonight. Aint watched this show for a while.

Nice to know that the show's tradition of being STUPID is still a strong tradition with the show.

sheesh.

Surtur
I'm really torn because you have good and bad in this episode. What Castiel did was really stupid. However, I enjoyed the episode as a whole immensely and I did like the scene at the end with Luciel in Hell. Also on the plus side Sam and Dean at least broke their streak of making stupid choices. Rowena on the other hand was quite stupid to not see her death coming.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.