Unique applications of Force lightning

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Force lightning is a destructive ability used by Sith/darksiders, but what are some feats utlized by darksiders that fall out of the norm? Or what are some ways the power could be used aside for its destructive potential, do you think it could be used for defense like Darth Bane used it? What are some ways you'd like to see it used in future stories?

NewGuy01
Bane and Sidious have used FL as a shield, yeah.

Vitiate and Galen have both combined FL with a Force Wave before. (In TOR it's called thundering blast)

DarthAnt66
Vitiate does some pretty cool stuff with his lightning. thumb up

WildBantha88
Xesh used FL to give a ship that hadn't flown in a few years CPR. He nearly blew it up while doing it but yea, that was cool

chilled monkey
Originally posted by carthage
What are some ways you'd like to see it used in future stories?

It would be interesting to see Force lightning used for defibrillation.

Sinious
Vitiate's lightning wave attack was different than normal lightning attacks. It looks like its a force blast created with lightning.
His white lightning was pretty unique too although it wasn't as destructive as his regular lightning.

I've always assumed Plaguis would do a lot of unique stuff with his lightning for some reason. It'd fit him well.

Fated Xtasy
The Jedi Master Relin from the crosscurrrent novel was able to unleash Force lightning storm powerful enough to destroy a large ship - though, he was using the Lignan ore to amplify his power and the sheer power of it also consumed his body

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Sinious
Vitiate's lightning wave attack was different than normal lightning attacks. It looks like its a force blast created with lightning.

Read my post above, it's called Thundering Blast. Sorc players can get it at the top of the FL perk tree.

Q99
Originally posted by WildBantha88
Xesh used FL to give a ship that hadn't flown in a few years CPR. He nearly blew it up while doing it but yea, that was cool

The first example that came to mine for me.

Hm, also from Dawn of the Jedi, Sek'nos Rath had a 'lightning ball' technique. Bet it'd make a great 'flashbang.'

NewGuy01
Originally posted by WildBantha88

Plagueis did something similar IIRC.

Darth Abonis
A Force sensitive acklay was able to shoot Force lightning from its mouth lol

Also I'd like to see a user shoot force lightning from their feet.

An explanation for why the Son's was red. Was it more powerful?

Sinious
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Read my post above, it's called Thundering Blast. Sorc players can get it at the top of the FL perk tree.

Thats what I was trying to say though. It looked more lightningish than a usual thundering blast. It looked like he combined it with his FLS. Even when hit the target, it electrocuted them unlike the thundering blast.

psmith81992
I'm just surprised lightning really hasn't been applied as a defibrillation technique.

WildBantha88
http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20101105010049/starwars/images/0/08/Kun_vs_Wyrm.jpg

Nephthys
Is that... Exar Kun?

WildBantha88
you never saw that image before? Really?

And yea its Exar Kun

Nephthys
That would be ****ing badass if it was canon.

Selenial
OMG Neph go watch the Galactic Timelines right now -_-

How haven't you seen those? embarrasment

Nephthys
I've seen them, just not for a few years.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.