Apollo vs. Absorbing Man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

byrdgang21
Who wins?

Sin I AM
Creel

Digi
How would Creel do in the sun? I'm not sure he could handle that type of output, and if he absorbed it and became sun energy, it would just be fuel for Apollo to absorb or manipulate.

If Apollo fights dumb, sure, Creel wins. Location makes this fight quite contextual, though.

krisblaze
Well, Creel could handle the Odinforce.

So unless we're going to by PIS then he should be able to handle being in the sun.

On the other hand, like Digi said, wtf is Creel going to do if he turns into solar energy? Apollo can just eat him (***).

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by krisblaze
Well, Creel could handle the Odinforce.

So unless we're going to by PIS then he should be able to handle being in the sun.
And a cosmic cube..

Existere
...but not Sentry?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Existere
...but not Sentry?

Yeah but there were, like, a million of them doe.

And they were all exploding.

riv6672
What do you guys mean by "in the sun"?
Also going with Creel, because by absorbing other materials he can physically beat Apollo down. Others have done it.

Digi
Originally posted by riv6672
What do you guys mean by "in the sun"?

We mean in the sun. As in, in the sun. Or in other words, in the sun.

stick out tongue

maxivitopowe
So like, in the sun?

riv6672
Not getting the meaning as it pertains to this fight.
Unless pics arent loading or something.
This is Apollo from the Authority?

KingD19
If I recall, Apollo literally dives into the sun if he wants a super quick recharge. And he's walked on it's surface before or something like that.

So they're asking could Creel survive a trip to the sun itself.

riv6672
Thanks for that.

I think he could. Examples for why i think that have been given.
Also, i dont think this trick is a huge factor; more of a silly post sla Superman throws him into the sun. Its not likely the fight is going to get that far. I've seen Apollo beaten down and literally raped before. If he were able to just take people to the sun, he would have done it then.

MF DELPH
I thought Digi was making innuendo about Creel sodomizing Apollo, personally.

KingD19
Creel has been screwed pretty bad too. But he could take the fight into space, and Creel has no real means of self propulsion.

Digi
Originally posted by MF DELPH
I thought Digi was making innuendo about Creel sodomizing Apollo, personally.

Ha! No. But it absolutely would have been topical. I mean, he could absorb Apollo's properties, so he'd certainly be hard.

fdog

Originally posted by riv6672
Thanks for that.

I think he could. Examples for why i think that have been given.
Also, i dont think this trick is a huge factor; more of a silly post sla Superman throws him into the sun. Its not likely the fight is going to get that far. I've seen Apollo beaten down and literally raped before. If he were able to just take people to the sun, he would have done it then.

I think he could survive too. But there's a problem. He either stays normal and gets his ass whupped. Absorbs Apollo himself and it's a stalemate (but he wouldn't absorb all powers, just physical properties, yeah? So maybe a loss). Or he absorbs the sun itself, which would empower Apollo and make it an easy win for him.

krisblaze
Creel could possibly drain Apollo

Mindset
Am I too late for the gay jokes?

riv6672
Originally posted by Mindset
Am I too late for the gay jokes?

Dont think there have been any actual jokes.
My particular point was, if Apollo didnt take the fight "to the sun" in a case where he was being sexually assaulted, i dont see it happening in this fight, so, all of Digi's (perfectly valid) thoughts on what might or might not happen in that case, dont factor into my giving Creel the win.

Glorificus
Absorbing Man wins.

Stoic
Can't Creel consciously control what he absorbs, and what he doesn't want to?

KingD19
Yes. But he's a dummy. However when written correctly, he's a beast. So while he could absorb what he wants, probably even absorb the sunlight directly from Apollo as he's drained Hulk of gamma energy and Sentry's energy before. If he becomes solar energy, Apollo could theoretically drain him, even though I'm not sure if he can do that.

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by Stoic
Can't Creel consciously control what he absorbs, and what he doesn't want to?

Pretty much so, like when Sentry overloaded him the first time the second time he absorbed only some of the Sentry's energy, instead he only took a small part and used that to his advantage.

krisblaze
Even barring the absorption argument Creel can be notoriously difficult to put down at times and is one of the more proficient hand to hand villains in Marvel (that are super-powered).

I think he'd run a phucking train on Apollo pretty face.

carver9
Creel stomps

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.