New 'Secret Wars' is Marvel Comics' major event of 2015

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stoic
This looks really interesting. I don't think I've had this feeling for a series in a very long time.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/2014/10/09/marvel-comics-secret-wars-event-exclusive/16987121/

Poster

http://comicartcommunity.com/gallery/details.php?image_id=55632&sessionid=b29dec2222c4b681065a760ee587d776

Bentley
Eh, can't say I give two sh_ts about Hickman's writting right now.

leonidas
seems like it COULD be extremely aweomely, but now-a-days i don't have complete faith in ANYTHING at marvel..... i'm skeptically optimistic....? confused

basilisk
Originally posted by Bentley

Seconded. And does it mean that "Time Runs Out" is continuing on into 2015?

pym-ftw
So it's new avengers vs classic avengers vs alt avengers judging by the poster.

Well i guess they need to introduce Hope Pym to fans somehow.

Galan007
Hickman needs to finish SHIELD before he starts ANYTHING else. srsly

...Still enjoy his work, though. F*ck the haterz. thumb up

Golgo13
Ugh! So sick of Marvel's events. It's the only way they can spike sales.

Also, thus comes out around May, right? Right around DC's rumored Blood Moon/Band Aid event, which is the exact same thing according to Bleeding Cool.

Q99
Originally posted by Golgo13
Ugh! So sick of Marvel's events. It's the only way they can spike sales.

Marvel uses events to semi-regularly alter the status quo, which works for me.

Also, events are one of the only ways *any* company can actually spike sales. The other ways being relaunches, and non-event crossovers. Aside from that, comics tend to almost always have light sales attrition and how well a book is doing is a lot on how well it retains readers.

HueyFreeman
I knew it. There were way too many crossovers recently that it felt like a COIE type story was on the horizon

BruceSkywalker
interesting.. hope it turns out good

Damborgson
I spy Magni in that poster. This is a good day smile

Stoic
I also saw the Starbrand in there. it would be great to finally see what he can do. That space aged white, and blue Iron Man looked pretty powerful as well. I was just thinking that it be a refreshing change, if he became the new Tony Stark, and the old was claimed by another reality. Rough? I know but Tony has been steadily dropping lower into the slime zone since the Civil War.

pym-ftw
Gotta say that new Goliath costume looks sick, to bad he's most likely an alternate universe version.

Stoic
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Gotta say that new Goliath costume looks sick, to bad he's most likely an alternate universe version.

Maybe they'll replace some of the original characters with alternate reality ones? In some cases, it might not hurt, and Marvel hinted at changing things up a little in the near future. I'm also wondering who the clown is in the upper right corner? Captain Obnoxio maybe?

Golgo13
Originally posted by Q99
Marvel uses events to semi-regularly alter the status quo, which works for me.

Also, events are one of the only ways *any* company can actually spike sales. The other ways being relaunches, and non-event crossovers. Aside from that, comics tend to almost always have light sales attrition and how well a book is doing is a lot on how well it retains readers.

I just wish they were better.

pym-ftw
Originally posted by Stoic
Maybe they'll replace some of the original characters with alternate reality ones? In some cases, it might not hurt, and Marvel hinted at changing things up a little in the near future. I'm also wondering who the clown is in the upper right corner? Captain Obnoxio maybe? God i hope not.

Idk about the clown.

riv6672
So it's new avengers vs classic avengers vs alt avengers judging by the poster.

Well i guess they need to introduce Hope Pym to fans somehow.
Hope...Pym???

pym-ftw
Hope Pym or Red Queen is an alternate future child of Hank & Jan. She is a supervillainess and she killed the Avengers.

She is gonna be in the Antman movie, but will most likely have no connection to anything.

She appears to be fighting Jan on the poster.

Stoic
It's hard to imagine a Pym with the kind of power that it'd take to kill all of the Avengers.

riv6672
Not so hard. Just look at Hank right now.

And, thanks for the info, Pym-FTW!

Q99
Originally posted by Golgo13
I just wish they were better.

The events? Yea.

I don't know how Marvel can have so many good books, and even good long-term planning, and yet have so many weak events. Especially the big ones.

Kazenji
Some of the events start off good and then fall apart halfway.

Q99
Originally posted by Kazenji

And I wanna say- I like a lot of the X-events before AvX broke the trend (like, they weren't A+ events, but solid Bs, you know? Plus in a good arc, which added to it).

I like the run of space events that ended with Thanos Imperative (now there were some As! With some Bs mixed in, but still).

They clearly have people who can do great events, so why do the main ones range from, 'eh, not bad exactly, but didn't really live up to the potential (Secret Invasion, Siege, C material),' to just 'blaaaah, who dropped the act-like-idiots bomb?' (Civil War, AvX).

Kazenji
I never had a problem with the AvX event like most folks on this forum.

Bentley

It's better than Fear Itself, Secret Invasion, Ultron Imperative or Siege.

leonidas
i thought so too. even though i didn't love what happened to the pf in it, i still thought for the most part it was pretty well done. 7/10 imo. fear itself sucked arse, badly as did secret invasion imo. ultron was a near utter non-event imo, barely worth mentioning....

Bentley
Sorry, Age of Ultron instead of Ultron Imperative, the latter is a mini. Stupid comicbook names sad

pym-ftw
My biggest problem with AvX was how dumb the Avengers were.

Golgo13

Pretty much most do, yeah. Marvel should stop pumping out so many events and think better with them. Maybe one every other year. Marvel has been in event mode for a while now and it's silly. Take a breather and focus on your other books and make them better.

Golgo13
Now Marvel has released news of a Wolverine weekly series. So, this new Secret Wars sounds similar to what DC is doing with their band aid event and now a weekly series with Wolverine.

Q99

AvX suffered the large problem of only being a plot because there was so little attempt at dialog between teams that should be on reasonable terms ("You! People who always handle the Phoenix! Give us the phoenix host potential- who Wolverine has suggested killing- right now, no discussion!"wink, and Capt kept poking Cyclops with a stick until things finally blew up.

It was so forced. Practically every problem in the series was caused by the Avengers (either the splitting of the phoenix force, or the attacking the P5 until they lost control when initially they were doing well), yet the narrative treated them like we were supposed to side with them.

Endless Mike
The only good part of AvX was Hope punching Cyclops to the moon

krisblaze
Man AvX was shit...

Better than Fear Itself sure, but still shit.

Endless Mike
Fear Itself had the Thing kicking Red Hulk's ass. Your point is invalid

krisblaze
I stand corrected.

leonidas
Originally posted by Q99
AvX suffered the large problem of only being a plot because there was so little attempt at dialog between teams that should be on reasonable terms ("You! People who always handle the Phoenix! Give us the phoenix host potential- who Wolverine has suggested killing- right now, no discussion!"wink, and Capt kept poking Cyclops with a stick until things finally blew up.

It was so forced. Practically every problem in the series was caused by the Avengers (either the splitting of the phoenix force, or the attacking the P5 until they lost control when initially they were doing well), yet the narrative treated them like we were supposed to side with them.

yeah, i can agree with this. i guess i sort of looked past the narrative because i thought the whole thing was pretty transparent--let's just have to 2 biggest teams finally have a huge knock down drag out big a$$ fight!!1! both sides acted like idiots, but you're right. cap in particular seemed to act ooc at times, but again, i chucked that all up to the fact that this was just intended to be a big brawl. i think some of the fights were cool so on the whole i didn't mind the series and i kind of liked the resolution of it all--the x-verse has FINALLY been integrated into the mainstream marvel verse instead of being out there on its own like it had been for so long. i think that was long overdo, even if the cause of it was a bit heavy-handed. i also liked some of the narration--parts of it seemed to NOT take itself too seriously, which was a blessing, and a rarity in these events.... could it have been better? absolutely. but i've read far worse as well and like it said, it DID break down that long-held x-wall....

Existere
Originally posted by Q99

It was so forced. Practically every problem in the series was caused by the Avengers (either the splitting of the phoenix force, or the attacking the P5 until they lost control when initially they were doing well), yet the narrative treated them like we were supposed to side with them. I agree with most of this. The X-Men fan in me wanted AvX to be great. The Cap vs. Cyclops center-stage appeal was just too tempting - but rather then even having a developed conflict stemming from political difference (Civil War had this going for it, even if the event doesn't hold up well in retrospect), it was just a plot device and a dick Captain America, followed by a dick Cyclops.

And the tie-ins were the worst

Deadline
This looks really interesting. I don't think I've had this feeling for a series in a very long time.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/2014/10/09/marvel-comics-secret-wars-event-exclusive/16987121/

Poster

http://comicartcommunity.com/gallery/details.php?image_id=55632&sessionid=b29dec2222c4b681065a760ee587d776

Anyone see that female Captain America? Ok like seriously guys...starting to take this PC to extreme levels.

Don't use that word its been worn out.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Galan007
Hickman needs to finish SHIELD before he starts ANYTHING else. srsly

...Still enjoy his work, though. F*ck the haterz. thumb up

Hickman was good till he got a hold of Thanos buddy

roughrider
This might indeed be Marvel's version of COIE. So many characters from other dimensions on that poster - I'm even seeing Doctor Zero and St. George, from the defunct Shadowline series Marvel's Epic Comics line published in the late 1980's!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadowline_%28Epic_Comics%29

Stoic

Bentley
Even I would be suprised if the villain turned out to be Kang awesr

Stoic
Even I would be suprised if the villain turned out to be Kang awesr

You never know. Kang's last stunt was on a pretty high level, but I'm not sure if it was Beyonder high. I mean the big bad should hopefully be on that level of power which would serve to compel the heroes into acting like they did in the previous Secret Wars.

zopzop
Yup.
I also saw the Starbrand in there. it would be great to finally see what he can do. That space aged white, and blue Iron Man looked pretty powerful as well. I was just thinking that it be a refreshing change, if he became the new Tony Stark, and the old was claimed by another reality. Rough? I know but Tony has been steadily dropping lower into the slime zone since the Civil War.
Notice the Starbrand appears to be the original one and Nightmask seems to be the one from Gruenwald's Starblast! arc.

I don't know where Hickman is going with this but I already sense a clusterphuck in store for the NU characters.

Kazenji
http://www.comicvine.com/articles/the-marvel-universe-you-know-is-ending/1100-151044/

krisblaze
"We're not rebooting the universe, but consider this a reboot"

ares834
Sounds like a shitty version of CoIE.

Q99
I'm betting Ultimate stuff will be folded in, stuff related to that ultimates stuff will be affected, and most of the rest will be untouched.

More Zero Hour than Crisis on Infinite Earths, if you get my drift.

They have a lot of announced books shortly before, so it's not like they're even going to do a start-from-issue-1 thing.

Golgo13
Originally posted by krisblaze
"We're not rebooting the universe, but consider this a reboot"

laughing out loud

Kazenji
Originally posted by Q99

They have a lot of announced books shortly before, so it's not like they're even going to do a start-from-issue-1 thing.

I also doubt that they're going to pull a nu52 like deal.

One_Angry_Scot
http://i.imgur.com/03vm58Rl.jpg

Q99
I also doubt that they're going to pull a nu52 like deal.

Yes. Heck, they aren't even going to do a Marvel One type deal. They *just* started a large number of books that'll remain largely unaffected.

krisblaze
I'll be surprised if this lasts longer than the "Heroic Age"

Galan007
Marvel will have their fun and make a bunch of money in the process... Then things will revert back to 'normal'.

Blair Wind
Something tells me that this is actually going to be a major shift in Marvel comics to better reflect the cinematic universe. Which I hate as an idea, but I think is what they are effectively about to do.

I mean, the movies are the current money makers. They don't have control over some properties and are actively minimizing their roles in the comics. Think about it: Wolverine got killed in the comics (owned by Fox). Peter Parker was killed in Ultimate Universe (owned by Sony). Inhumans just got an Uncanny line and are starring in AoS (X-men substitute essentially). Namor is getting killed. Deadpool is getting killed. The Fantastic Four comic got killed.

Everything that Marvel doesn't actually own is getting killed (X-men is too big to just kill), and I think if they have a counterpart (ie: Miles) from another Universe, they may be promoting them since, if Marvel gets Spiderman back, I doubt they are going to do another reboot of Parker.

krisblaze
Blair's right.

I don't want him to be right, but yeah...that sounds right on the money

Kazenji
Originally posted by Blair Wind

I mean, the movies are the current money makers. They don't have control over some properties and are actively minimizing their roles in the comics. Think about it: Wolverine got killed in the comics (owned by Fox). Peter Parker was killed in Ultimate Universe (owned by Sony). Inhumans just got an Uncanny line and are starring in AoS (X-men substitute essentially). Namor is getting killed. Deadpool is getting killed. The Fantastic Four comic got killed.

Everything that Marvel doesn't actually own is getting killed

I can see what your getting at but Marvel somewhat owns the Namor rights

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Rights-Namor-Movie-Back-Marvel-Mostly-66323.html

Bentley
Yeah, actually I'd argue that Namor got a heavy spotlight that he hasn't been getting in years.

Kazenji
The Third tie-in for this event titled...WarZones!

picture of what to expect in the link

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=58719

BeyonderGod
You never know. Kang's last stunt was on a pretty high level, but I'm not sure if it was Beyonder high. I mean the big bad should hopefully be on that level of power which would serve to compel the heroes into acting like they did in the previous Secret Wars.
Beyonder is the reason for the secret wars do logically he is the person who caused this as in his inhuman mutant story he was causing the universe itself to act differently.

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
The 3 Secret Wars banners.

http://i.imgur.com/Ie9EuVRl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/aI4VUz8l.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/jGTe1m0l.jpg

Blair Wind
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Something tells me that this is actually going to be a major shift in Marvel comics to better reflect the cinematic universe. Which I hate as an idea, but I think is what they are effectively about to do.

Everything that Marvel doesn't actually own is getting killed (X-men is too big to just kill), and I think if they have a counterpart (ie: Miles) from another Universe, they may be promoting them since, if Marvel gets Spiderman back, I doubt they are going to do another reboot of Parker.

Blair's right.

I don't want him to be right, but yeah...that sounds right on the money

Yeah, I don't like it either, but it's all about the money and control.

BeyonderGod
Secret wars gonna straight up be badass.

krisblaze
Well, it looks like there are only 20 universes left or so and that the ivory kings are actually beyonders

Looks like Marvel is flushing 50-60 years of comics down the drain to increase sales a bit and coincide with the movies.

Greedy *****.

One-Punch
So now that we know who the Ivory Kings are, and anyone have guesses as to who Rabum Alal is? He must be pretty powerful to be competing with the Ivory Kings.

BeyonderGod
Beyonder is here....they ain't oped like him.

BeyonderGod
Is beyonder even in secret wars......

Kazenji
Ivory Kings ?

i'm guessing this is all in Hickman's Avengers books.

One_Angry_Scot
Ivory Kings ?

i'm guessing this is all in Hickman's Avengers books.

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/22039604/3.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/22039605/4.jpg.html

BeyonderGod
Is Beyonder in secret wars 2015?

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by BeyonderGod
Is Beyonder in secret wars 2015?

We don't know yet.

BeyonderGod
I just found out he is....

Kazenji
Marvel has started to announce LAST DAYS stories for some of the books

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=114468

Q99
Well, it looks like there are only 20 universes left or so and that the ivory kings are actually beyonders

Looks like Marvel is flushing 50-60 years of comics down the drain to increase sales a bit and coincide with the movies.

Greedy *****.

Hah. There's like, no chance they're rebooting the continuity. They're folding in Ultimates and maybe some other stuff, but there's titles we know are going through unaffected.

Some titles will end, others'll begin, it'll be big, but they are not flushing decades of comics. They're smarter than DC.

BeyonderGod
well marvel during the live secret wars event said everything is gone.......just the battle world.

Galan007
Originally posted by Q99
They're smarter than DC. Not really. They've just been able to watch DC preform company-wide reboots a few times now, so they *should* know what works and what doesn't.

That being said, I think the end result of this incursion thing(ie. only one primary universe in Marvel) is a good thing--they've needed to streamline continuity for a while now, imo. However, do I think relaunching all of their previous events under the "Secret Wars" brand makes sense? No, that's ridiculous. If you're going to let old continuity die... Then let old continuity die. Stop trying to milk the thing you're intentionally destroying for all it's worth.

So in that sense, they are just chasing dollars.

Q99
Not really. They've just been able to watch DC preform company-wide reboots a few times now, so they *should* know what works and what doesn't.

For about the last decade they've been a lot more into planning than DC, while DC wings it more. I do count that as 'smarter'.

This is going to be a huge event to be sure, lots of books are ending, but they aren't pulling a nu52.

Galan007
Originally posted by Q99
This is going to be a huge event to be sure, lots of books are ending, but they aren't pulling a nu52. Sure they are. They are rebooting their entire cosmology, and streamlining it into a single universe. A few books will remain the same, but most of them will be retooled.

This is pretty much the exact same thing DC did with Flashpoint.

-Pr-
Please fix Cyclops.
Please fix Cyclops.
Please fix Cyclops.
Please fix Cyclops.
Please fix Cyclops.
Please fix Cyclops.
Please fix Cyclops.
Please fix Cyclops.
Please fix Cyclops.

StiltmanFTW
Oh, they will fix him.

By removing him entirely stick out tongue

BeyonderGod
Infinity Crisis was started by Secret wars

Galan007
dur

Lek Kuen
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Oh, they will fix him.

thumb up

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by -Pr-
Please fix Cyclops.
Please fix Cyclops.
Please fix Cyclops.
Please fix Cyclops.
Please fix Cyclops.
Please fix Cyclops.
Please fix Cyclops.
Please fix Cyclops.
Please fix Cyclops.
http://iruntheinternet.com/lulzdump/images/gifs/cyclops-patting-wolverines-back-xmen-13460739681.gif

-Pr-
Oh, they will fix him.

**** it, i'll take it.

Originally posted by celeyhyga17
http://iruntheinternet.com/lulzdump/images/gifs/cyclops-patting-wolverines-back-xmen-13460739681.gif

laughing out loud

basilisk

Greedy *****.

How does this fit in with Spider-Verse and all the Spider-people running around at the moment? Have all there universes gone? I guess it is end of the road for Morlun and his family's shenanigans. Council of Kangs, Council of Reeds, Captain Britain Corps, Deadpool Corps, Time Variance Authority... all disappearing?

AlmightyKfish
Apparently in one of the Spider-Verse tie ins we saw Roma and co talking about how the incursions are much bigger problems than the spider murders, so there's at least some reference that they're happening. But it's worth remembering that Avengers and New Avengers are now taking place eight months after all the current Marvel books, so that's how all this other stuff can be going down right now.

Anyhow Hickman did this interview with EW about it: http://www.ew.com/article/2015/01/29/jonathan-hickman-secret-wars-its-end-horror-story?hootPostID=de20438ee30ce1532b4007aedb0207e8

But the picture is interesting Seeing as it's Reed spit in two with the cabal on one side and the good guys on the other, does anyone else think there's a chance Rabum Alal is some version of Reed? Although then we have to wonder where/if The Beyonder comes into this if the Ivory Kings are the race of Beyonders.

One-Punch
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
Apparently in one of the Spider-Verse tie ins we saw Roma and co talking about how the incursions are much bigger problems than the spider murders, so there's at least some reference that they're happening. But it's worth remembering that Avengers and New Avengers are now taking place eight months after all the current Marvel books, so that's how all this other stuff can be going down right now.

Anyhow Hickman did this interview with EW about it: http://www.ew.com/article/2015/01/29/jonathan-hickman-secret-wars-its-end-horror-story?hootPostID=de20438ee30ce1532b4007aedb0207e8

But the picture is interesting Seeing as it's Reed spit in two with the cabal on one side and the good guys on the other, does anyone else think there's a chance Rabum Alal is some version of Reed? Although then we have to wonder where/if The Beyonder comes into this if the Ivory Kings are the race of Beyonders.

In that picture the right half looks like it's the Ultimates version of Reed Richards.

AlmightyKfish
Yeah having just looked at Ultimate Reed's latest costume it's almost certainly him.

krisblaze
Please fix Cyclops.
Please fix Cyclops.
Please fix Cyclops.
Please fix Cyclops.
Please fix Cyclops.
Please fix Cyclops.
Please fix Cyclops.
Please fix Cyclops.
Please fix Cyclops.
Marvel doesn't care about broken-Cyclops anymore.

It's all about young-Cyclops now...

krisblaze
Originally posted by basilisk
How does this fit in with Spider-Verse and all the Spider-people running around at the moment? Have all there universes gone? I guess it is end of the road for Morlun and his family's shenanigans. Council of Kangs, Council of Reeds, Captain Britain Corps, Deadpool Corps, Time Variance Authority... all disappearing?
They already put Britain Corps and Council of Reeds to the knife iirc. Last Avengers gave us a quarter of a page on the demise of the Britain Corps...sad

BeyonderGod
Secret wars better be good.....

-Pr-
Marvel doesn't care about broken-Cyclops anymore.

It's all about young-Cyclops now...

Seriously? Well ****...

BeyonderGod
Lol how this goes to Cyclops???

basilisk
They already put Britain Corps and Council of Reeds to the knife iirc. Last Avengers gave us a quarter of a page on the demise of the Britain Corps...sad

Are all the CB corp dead? Or Roma? Is 616 Captain Britain gone as well or did they just not really explain?

Seems like Spider-verse is a massive waste of time if all the Spider-People got wiped out of the multiverse regardless (even Spider-Ham???), and their worlds too. And presumably wherever Morlun and co were residing.

I guess everything that ever happened in Exiles is gone too.

BeyonderGod
Heard Beyonder is getting a new retcon......

krisblaze
Originally posted by basilisk
Are all the CB corp dead? Or Roma? Is 616 Captain Britain gone as well or did they just not really explain?

Seems like Spider-verse is a massive waste of time if all the Spider-People got wiped out of the multiverse regardless (even Spider-Ham???), and their worlds too. And presumably wherever Morlun and co were residing.

I guess everything that ever happened in Exiles is gone too.
Entire corps is dead. Roma was replaced a few years back by Remender, but impossible to say if Hickmans sticking with that.

616 CB is the last one.

BeyonderGod
Anyone hyped for the new secret wars or what?

ares834
Nope.

BeyonderGod
Any reason?

-Pr-
Lol how this goes to Cyclops???

Hmm?

BeyonderGod
Hmm?
Everyone went off topic and started to talk about Cyclops.

-Pr-

He IS part of Marvel, isn't he? Not terribly off topic, given how this Secret Wars may change Marvel to an enormous extent.

BeyonderGod
I know this but the whole Cyclops thing wasn't needed lol.....if it was about the xmen then yeah but not a single character.

-Pr-
It matters to me shrug

BeyonderGod
Well on topic

Secret wars is going to be a new era for marvel.

-Pr-
erm

BeyonderGod
Its the truth I saw the live announcement.

roughrider
All these painted covers we've been seeing...haven't been able to tell if they are by Alex Ross or not.

BeyonderGod
Originally posted by roughrider
All these painted covers we've been seeing...haven't been able to tell if they are by Alex Ross or not.
Really?

StiltmanFTW
Every thread is about Pr and his favourite characters. It's quite fun, actually. You're still new, you'll get used to it.

biscuits

BeyonderGod
Every thread is about Pr and his favourite characters. It's quite fun, actually. You're still new, you'll get used to it.

biscuits
Ok thanks for the info.

Branlor Swift
So basically Allah Ackbar is going to be the Beyonder and apparently he's now for whatever reason in contention with the Beyonders even though he should be nowhere near them?

There's really no one else it could be now. Especially since we know he's coming back. Gay. He probably beat LT too.

BeyonderGod
How is Allah Ackbar going to be the beyonder if the beyonder was shown to be himself?....

Branlor Swift
The mystery behind Rabum Arizona. The great destroyer is going to be revealed as Beyonder. I'll be shocked if it isn't him.

krisblaze
I heard some interesting theories about Black Swan being an alt. Susan Storm or some shit..

BeyonderGod
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
The mystery behind Rabum Arizona. The great destroyer is going to be revealed as Beyonder. I'll be shocked if it isn't him.
Noooooo

-K-M-
New avengers team

http://alphaflight.net/content.php?853-Aurora-Vindicator-Snowbird-Join-A-Force

Henry_Pym
So more gimmick? Idk why Marvel can't just write up Female/Black/Hispanic/Asian/...whatever group feels slighted; inside their normal stories.

But whatever.

-K-M-
There's 3 members of alpha flight on the team. Don't ruin this for me!!!!!!!!!! mad

krisblaze
Forcing Medusa onto some superhero shit.

Ridiculous.

-K-M-
Of course. Need to hype up the movie

Bentley
To be honest Snowbird should have her own ongoing, she's far a better female character than many who actually get tiny bits of attention from Marvel.

-K-M-
To be honest Snowbird should have her own ongoing, she's far a better female character than many who actually get tiny bits of attention from Marvel.

Yeah she's a great character. Her one shot was actually really good. Problem with her and the rest of alpha flight....they're not popular.

The cover of the female avengers is unlikely the actual roster.

Henry_Pym
In the articles on this it stated there is more female heroes appearing, and the new character "singularity" who will "push the boundaries of comics again" so a lot of people seem to think she may be transgender.

Seems kinda heavy handed using the view of all places to push this sjw bull.

Supermex

-K-M-
616 namor didnt die

Supermex
Originally posted by -K-M-
616 namor didnt die

I sure hope not

I love that guy!! lol

Kazenji
He didn't from what i gathered from the ownage thread.

-K-M-
He didn't. He survived. Wasn't even on the planet when it exploded

One_Angry_Scot
He didn't from what i gathered from the ownage thread.

Avengers (2/2):
http://s5d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/22148926_Avengers_2012-_041-015.jpg http://s5d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/22148927_Avengers_2012-_041-016.jpg http://s5d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/22148931_Avengers_2012-_041-017.jpg http://s5d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/22148933_Avengers_2012-_041-018.jpg http://s5d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/22148935_Avengers_2012-_041-019.jpg http://s5d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/22148937_Avengers_2012-_041-020.jpg http://s5d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/22148943_Avengers_2012-_041-021.jpg http://s5d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/22148950_Avengers_2012-_041-022.jpg http://s5d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/22148957_Avengers_2012-_041-023.jpg

He was gone already.

BeyonderGod
If ivory are beyonders or those other beings.....i am done with marvel...

One_Angry_Scot
If ivory are beyonders or those other beings.....i am done with marvel...

Ivory Kings are the Beyonders.

BeyonderGod
Ivory Kings are the Beyonders.
......wtf......no.....stahp

One_Angry_Scot
......wtf......no.....stahp

It's not that bad.

Why are you so taken aback?

Kazenji
Probably ruining his childhood or some nonsense like that.

Blockythe1guy
Are they the Beyonders where the comsic cubes are just a small part of there power or something like that?

Branlor Swift
Allah Ackbar seems human sized judging by the cover.

I feel so sure of my Beyonder pick that I can't fathom another choice. I hope I'm wrong though. I want comics to begin to shock me in a good way again

BeyonderGod
Cosmic cubes confused me.....

I hope beyonder is the one starting the whole secret wars then Allah Ackbar......

One_Angry_Scot
Cosmic cubes confused me.....

I hope beyonder is the one starting the whole secret wars then Allah Ackbar......

According to Hickman it is something we have never heard of, so it could be Allah Ackbar.

Kazenji
Seems like all those teasers a while back are for series to do with this event

Bendis will be doing the new Old Man Logan book....ugh.

TheTyrant
Bendis will be doing the new Old Man Logan book....ugh. Yeah, it's gonna be disgusting.

I'm still gonna be looking forward to this event though I'm pretty sure it's not going to be all that good.

BeyonderGod
According to Hickman it is something we have never heard of, so it could be Allah Ackbar.
._. Then why call it secret wars.....

TheTyrant
http://i38.servimg.com/u/f38/19/00/38/35/c_data13.jpg

Dang.

Kazenji
I'm looking forward to the Ghost Racers battle

MULTIPLE THUNDERGODS IN AARON & SPROUSE'S "THORS"

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=59542

Bentley
Originally posted by Kubik
Why do you even love the Beyonder so much BeyonderGod?

You hate gays, and the current Beyonder is a transgendered female named Kosmos, who was in love with Kubik.

Even in Secret Wars II the Beyonder switched genders and said that she didn't mind looking for a male partner.

If you can switch genders at will how can you be gay?

Kubik
True enough. It just seems strange to me that he goes around constantly saying disgusting and bigoted things about homosexuals over thousands of posts, and yet he loves a character that is transgendered and bisexual above all else.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by TheTyrant
http://i38.servimg.com/u/f38/19/00/38/35/c_data13.jpg

Dang.

Panther is about to cut Thanus' arm off.

Galan007
It was revealed today, in New Avengers #30, that the Beyonders/Ivory Kings destroyed every single being in the cosmological hierarchy, including: the Celestials, Eternity/Infinity, and LT.

It was also stated that the Beyonder, as he appeared in Secret Wars, was the equivalent of a "child unit" relative to the rest of the Beyonder-race. Insane.

krisblaze
Yup......

I'm still processing.

Also, Saturnyne put the crystals in Captain Britian. Brian now has crystals that can -easily- erase universes in his chest.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>