Thanos (Avengers Assemble) vs Justice League(JLU)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Estacado
Thanos

vs

Superman
Wonder Woman
John Stewart
Captain Marvel

sMCOsk_yoGY
oozPabBMM7g

Fight!

carver9
Seems like Thanos from the cartoon is more powerful than the real deal.

Estacado
Originally posted by carver9
Seems like Thanos from the cartoon is more powerful than the real deal.
facepalm

Insane Titan
Originally posted by Estacado
facepalm you expected different ?

Estacado
Originally posted by Insane Titan
you expected different ?
Nah.
It's carter.

carver9
smile

For real though...nice showing for Thanos. Need to see more from him before judging this fight. He does possess a better strength ft than all of them combined. Undecided for right now.

Estacado
smile

For real though...nice showing for Thanos. Need to see more from him before judging this fight. He does possess a better strength ft than all of them combined. Undecided for right now.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3a1YkC0Sx4

Time Immemorial
Possibly Justice League War showings of them. That team was sick.

Surtur
If this Thanos is more powerful then the real deal then damn, just another version of Thanos Superman can't touch. Poor Kal can't get him a break right guys? Let alone the JLU version of Superman, who pales in comparison to the comic version.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Surtur
If this Thanos is more powerful then the real deal then damn, just another version of Thanos Superman can't touch. Poor Kal can't get him a break right guys? Let alone the JLU version of Superman, who pales in comparison to the comic version.

If this is full Thanos showings, maybe not JLU at all then.

carver9
Looking at that vid...Thanos stomps. The Avengers by fts are far more powerful. Hulk alone held up New York City by himself and was punching so hard that the shockwaves was sending super humans flying across the city. Thor energy power, Ironman and Thanos handling them the way he did. Yeah, he stomps this and Darkseid at the same time.

h1a8
Looking at that vid...Thanos stomps. The Avengers by fts are far more powerful. Hulk alone held up New York City by himself and was punching so hard that the shockwaves was sending super humans flying across the city. Thor energy power, Ironman and Thanos handling them the way he did. Yeah, he stomps this and Darkseid at the same time. you can't equate a character's highest showings with any other showing. Character's strength fluctuate in comics and shows. Gladiator isn't always hitting someone with planet destroying force just because he destroyed a planet.

With that said, comic characters are far more powerful than show characters. So much, it ain't funny. Lifting New York is a speck of dust to lifting Earth weights.

Thanos showed no speed above bullet speed. Superman alone would blitz him with ease and see him as a statue. Superman could possibly ko him with several shots (if not one shot) since Superman, by feats, is astronomically stronger than any of the avengers on that show.

Oops this is JL unlimited from the show? If so then Justice league wins but it is hard as shit

Surtur
Originally posted by h1a8
you can't equate a character's highest showings with any other showing. Character's strength fluctuate in comics and shows. Gladiator isn't always hitting someone with planet destroying force just because he destroyed a planet.

This line of thought makes no sense, because then it means whenever someone with super strength hits someone else and they survive..it's not much of a durability feat because we don't know if they are punching their hardest? Okay, maybe someone we know Gladiator does not want to kill we might say that, but someone he has no problems hurting..why would we not assume he hits his hardest?

We know he can physically destroy planets, so unless he is fighting someone he has an in story reason to hold back on..why would we assume he was holding back? Now whether or not the person he is hitting has shown they are consistently durable enough to survive those hits is another story, but then you can't blame Gladiator for that.

carver9
Originally posted by h1a8
you can't equate a character's highest showings with any other showing. Character's strength fluctuate in comics and shows. Gladiator isn't always hitting someone with planet destroying force just because he destroyed a planet.

With that said, comic characters are far more powerful than show characters. So much, it ain't funny. Lifting New York is a speck of dust to lifting Earth weights.

Thanos showed no speed above bullet speed. Superman alone would blitz him with ease and see him as a statue. Superman could possibly ko him with several shots (if not one shot) since Superman, by feats, is astronomically stronger than any of the avengers on that show.

Oops this is JL unlimited from the show? If so then Justice league wins but it is hard as shit

Show us those speed fts you've mentioned from the cartoon.

Uuuuummmm, Gravitron was stated to have the power of a black hole and he was casually lifting cities...Hulk overpowered his gravity powers

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1kXuHhNucX4 (think this is canon to Avengers Assemble as well) and again, in this clip he effortlessly lifts a city and was described as having the power of a black hole. He used it all on Hulk to no avail.

If you also look at that scene, Thor supported the falling City. Overall, the Avengers are far more powerful and they couldn't do a thing to Thanos. I'll be waiting for those speed showings and strength showings proving they could harm him.

Especially when two stronger characters couldn't.

cdtm
Amazo "moves Oa to another dimension because it was in his way" wins.

Sensui
I also find it interesting that Earth's Mightiest Heroes feats are being used for Avengers Assemble.

These are TWO separate shows and continuities.

"Avengers Assemble was originally reported as a "continuation" of The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, but later reports confirmed it as a completely separate series (though a flashback in episode 8 does have the Avengers featured in their respective models).http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avengers_Assemble_(TV_series)

Avengers Assemble is in continuity with Ultimate Spiderman however.

Sensui

Uuuuummmm, Gravitron was stated to have the power of a black hole and he was casually lifting cities...Hulk overpowered his gravity powers

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1kXuHhNucX4 (think this is canon to Avengers Assemble as well) and again, in this clip he effortlessly lifts a city and was described as having the power of a black hole. He used it all on Hulk to no avail.

If you also look at that scene, Thor supported the falling City. Overall, the Avengers are far more powerful and they couldn't do a thing to Thanos. I'll be waiting for those speed showings and strength showings proving they could harm him.

1. Earth's Mightiest Heroes and Avengers Assemble aren't in continuity with one another.

Avengers Assemble was originally reported as a "continuation" of The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, but later reports confirmed it as a completely separate series"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avengers_Assemble_(TV_series)

2. I don't think any of these feats are beyond what Bruce Timm's Superman accomplished back in Superman the animated series days.

Superman in the episode Absolute Power, pushed a space ship out of the gravity well of a black hole then flew the ship to another solar system.

In the episode Little Girl Lost Part II Superman pushed away a comet that was going to cause an extinction level event if it hit earth. Part of the comet broke off and Supergirl saved the city of Metropolis by smashing it head on (Knocked her out).

I'd say Hulk and Thor are equal with Superman and the JLU power levels in Earth's Mightiest Heroes (I own both series and have seen all the episodes).

3. I haven't watched many Avengers Assemble episodes and would like someone who has to specify what were the best stuff they'd accomplished (Hulk, Thor, etc...) in Avengers Assemble.

I did however see the episode with Hyperion, where the Avengers failed to stop an extinction level asteroid only to have Hyperion destroy the thing. He looked more powerful than Hulk or Thor in the episode though the Avengers still took him down.

carver9
Originally posted by Sensui
1. Earth's Mightiest Heroes and Avengers Assemble aren't in continuity with one another.

Avengers Assemble was originally reported as a "continuation" of The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, but later reports confirmed it as a completely separate series"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avengers_Assemble_(TV_series)

2. I don't think any of these feats are beyond what Bruce Timm's Superman accomplished back in Superman the animated series days.

Superman in the episode Absolute Power, pushed a space ship out of the gravity well of a black hole then flew the ship to another solar system.

In the episode Little Girl Lost Part II Superman pushed away a comet that was going to cause an extinction level event if it hit earth. Part of the comet broke off and Supergirl saved the city of Metropolis by smashing it head on (Knocked her out).

I'd say Hulk and Thor are equal with Superman and the JLU power levels in Earth's Mightiest Heroes (I own both series and have seen all the episodes).

3. I haven't watched many Avengers Assemble episodes and would like someone who has to specify what were the best stuff they'd accomplished (Hulk, Thor, etc...) in Avengers Assemble.

I did however see the episode with Hyperion, where the Avengers failed to stop an extinction level asteroid only to have Hyperion destroy the thing. He looked more powerful than Hulk or Thor in the episode though the Avengers still took him down.

Post the Superman showing.

Sensui
Post the Superman showing.

The episodes aren't free on youtube for copyright reasons.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hL3mxIsAZI8

If you want to watch you have to pay.

And a quick Google search hasn't shown me any site where you can view both episodes for free. Time Warner isn't messing around it seems.

Here are synopsis though

http://dcanimated.wikia.com/wiki/Absolute_Power

http://dcanimated.wikia.com/wiki/Little_Girl_Lost

Confirming everything I said happened, did happen.

I did find this for Hulk in Avengers Assemble where he overpowered the villain Attuma in the episode Depth Charge.

Attuma was submerging Manhattan Island and an extremely angry Hulk lifts part of the city out of the ocean and overpowers Attuma to boot while Thor and Iron Man obviously couldn't. Earlier in the episode Attuma fought regular Hulk and punched him out of the city.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0K0d1fq8-w

So that at least puts Angry Glowing Hulk at his Earth Mightiest Heroes strength level. Though I think Earth's Mightiest probably has a higher potential ceiling based on the Graviton feat.

Sensui
Alright I just quickly spent the past three hours trying to watch some Avengers Assemble episodes on youtube.

Thanos look superior to Hulk and Thor, but so did Attuma in the episode Depth Charge until Hulk got the same glow Bruce Leroy did in the movie The Last Dragon. He then manhandled Attuma.

Attuma, as with many villains apparently never looked that good again, and was manhandled by Hulk and Thor in the episode Bring on the Bad Guys, heck one scene he runs from the Hulk.

And Attuma gets one shotted by Thor in episode 25, Exodus.

Hyperion in his first appearance looked better than the avengers in the episode titled Hyperion, where he stops the asteroid the Avengers failed to and manhandles everybody, taking Thor's cape cause he like the cut of his jig.

But when he reappears as part of Red Skull's Cabal he no longer is a team threat and instead takes on the Hulk in one on one brawls which Hyperion constantly gets the better of Hulk in episodes 25 and 26, Exodus and The Final Showdown.

But in episode 26, Hyperion gets taken down by Iron Man's Avenger Building defenses. Takes him right out in the most ridiculous manner imaginable. He gets snatched up by a robotic arm he can't break, thrown into a water tank, and frozen by some coolant gases.

So looking at how past villains fared over the course of a season I'm going to wait and see how Thanos's showings evolve over the season.

Right now he's superior to Hulk and Thor, but that can always change. I would say he's like Darkseid right now. Original Darkseid looked stronger and tougher than Superman in episodes like Apokolips Now where he killed Dan Turpin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0pcChyV6o4

Keep in mind that even this Weak Superman (he was put down and omega blasted earlier) was capable of shaking the city of Metropolis with his punches.

In the episode Legacy Part II a pissed off Superman managed to defeat Darkseid by redirecting his own Omega Beams back into his head, with the palms of his hands, in an explosion that wrecked them both. But Superman was tougher and threw Darkseid down to his slaves.

The first time Superman looks clearly superior to Darkseid is the Justice League episode Twilight where he beats him in a back and forth fight within Brainiac's giant planetoid construct.

By the time we get to Destroyer, a Darkseid merged with Brainiac is slapping Superman all over the place and states he is stronger than he's ever been. Superman gets manhandled, until he goes into the world of cardboard speech and smashes Darkseid across the city.

So right now imo Thanos is in that early Darkseid (Hyperion, Attuma), mode looking significantly stronger than the protagonists. By the end of the season he maybe struggling to defeat one hero in a pitched battle.

Time Immemorial
Looking at that vid...Thanos stomps. The Avengers by fts are far more powerful. Hulk alone held up New York City by himself and was punching so hard that the shockwaves was sending super humans flying across the city. Thor energy power, Ironman and Thanos handling them the way he did. Yeah, he stomps this and Darkseid at the same time.

I liked you better when you were joining the house of el. Don't flip flop on me boy. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Reflassshh
Carver got owned... again

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Reflassshh
Carver got owned... again

laughing laughing

He tried really hard, I admire his willpower. But sometimes I don't know if he's literally trolling or believes the stuff he is typing.

When it suits him for the day cause of a bad loss like earlier against PC supes which he lost another thread comes up. Perfect! Thanos vs Superman, he goes right to Thanos wanking. But he will betray Thanos the moment a Hulk vs Thanos thread comes back around.

Reflassshh
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
laughing laughing

He tried really hard, I admire his willpower. But sometimes I don't know if he's literally trolling or believes the stuff he is typing.

When it suits him for the day cause of a bad loss like earlier against PC supes which he lost another thread comes up. Perfect! Thanos vs Superman, he goes right to Thanos wanking. But he will betray Thanos the moment a Hulk vs Thanos thread comes back around. I like him though, and he is very knowledgeable and objetive when hulk isn't involved.

But when a Hulk related vs pops up he just goes Carv prime and start to lowball the shit out of everyone not named Banner.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Reflassshh
I like him though, and he is very knowledgeable and objetive when hulk isn't involved.

But when a Hulk related vs pops up he just goes Carv prime and start to lowball the shit out of everyone not named Banner.

Yea, he tried low balling PC supes with non cannon cross overs, didn't worksmile

h1a8
This line of thought makes no sense, because then it means whenever someone with super strength hits someone else and they survive..it's not much of a durability feat because we don't know if they are punching their hardest? Okay, maybe someone we know Gladiator does not want to kill we might say that, but someone he has no problems hurting..why would we not assume he hits his hardest?

We know he can physically destroy planets, so unless he is fighting someone he has an in story reason to hold back on..why would we assume he was holding back? Now whether or not the person he is hitting has shown they are consistently durable enough to survive those hits is another story, but then you can't blame Gladiator for that. you don't understand. Characters don't operate with the same strength in every comic. Sometimes spiderman is stronger, sometimes he's weaker. That's why we have high showings and low ones. Characters don't hold back unless specified or retconned to. That means if a character appears to hit someone with the majority of their strength then they are. So Gladiator hitting meta beings with his full force doesn't mean he hit them with planet destroying force.

We have the PIS rules to deal with what your are saying though.

h1a8

He never showed the power of a black hole or the power to lift a city. Also, isn't that a different avengers than the new one with Thanos? They are not the same show.

Thor failed at supporting the block (not even close to a city).

Again, stating a characters high feats doesn't mean they were operating at that level in every scene. That is the fallacy.

carver9
Originally posted by Sensui
Alright I just quickly spent the past three hours trying to watch some Avengers Assemble episodes on youtube.

Thanos look superior to Hulk and Thor, but so did Attuma in the episode Depth Charge until Hulk got the same glow Bruce Leroy did in the movie The Last Dragon. He then manhandled Attuma.

Attuma, as with many villains apparently never looked that good again, and was manhandled by Hulk and Thor in the episode Bring on the Bad Guys, heck one scene he runs from the Hulk.

And Attuma gets one shotted by Thor in episode 25, Exodus.

Hyperion in his first appearance looked better than the avengers in the episode titled Hyperion, where he stops the asteroid the Avengers failed to and manhandles everybody, taking Thor's cape cause he like the cut of his jig.

But when he reappears as part of Red Skull's Cabal he no longer is a team threat and instead takes on the Hulk in one on one brawls which Hyperion constantly gets the better of Hulk in episodes 25 and 26, Exodus and The Final Showdown.

But in episode 26, Hyperion gets taken down by Iron Man's Avenger Building defenses. Takes him right out in the most ridiculous manner imaginable. He gets snatched up by a robotic arm he can't break, thrown into a water tank, and frozen by some coolant gases.

So looking at how past villains fared over the course of a season I'm going to wait and see how Thanos's showings evolve over the season.

Right now he's superior to Hulk and Thor, but that can always change. I would say he's like Darkseid right now. Original Darkseid looked stronger and tougher than Superman in episodes like Apokolips Now where he killed Dan Turpin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0pcChyV6o4

Keep in mind that even this Weak Superman (he was put down and omega blasted earlier) was capable of shaking the city of Metropolis with his punches.

In the episode Legacy Part II a pissed off Superman managed to defeat Darkseid by redirecting his own Omega Beams back into his head, with the palms of his hands, in an explosion that wrecked them both. But Superman was tougher and threw Darkseid down to his slaves.

The first time Superman looks clearly superior to Darkseid is the Justice League episode Twilight where he beats him in a back and forth fight within Brainiac's giant planetoid construct.

By the time we get to Destroyer, a Darkseid merged with Brainiac is slapping Superman all over the place and states he is stronger than he's ever been. Superman gets manhandled, until he goes into the world of cardboard speech and smashes Darkseid across the city.

So right now imo Thanos is in that early Darkseid (Hyperion, Attuma), mode looking significantly stronger than the protagonists. By the end of the season he maybe struggling to defeat one hero in a pitched battle.

He's not on their level though. Remember when Luthor hacked the Watch tower and shot the beam of energy down to the city (that destroyed the building). The shockwaves from that attack took him out. Hulk and Thor withstood much more than that.

abhilegend
He's not on their level though. Remember when Luthor hacked the Watch tower and shot the beam of energy down to the city (that destroyed the building). The shockwaves from that attack took him out. Hulk and Thor withstood much more than that.
That was a citibuster attack. Hulk has been KOED from much less.

carver9
City buster? Where did you get that from? Also, the attack didn't hit him, the shockwaves did. Also, this isn't about Hulk vs Superman, this is Thanos vs the JLU and Thanos stomps this since he handled a more powerful team.

Time Immemorial
City buster? Where did you get that from? Also, the attack didn't hit him, the shockwaves did. Also, this isn't about Hulk vs Superman, this is Thanos vs the JLU and Thanos stomps this since he handled a more powerful team.

COME AND GET ME, BOYsmile

carver9
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
COME AND GET ME, BOYsmile

Lol...bring it.

danielgamer
Avengers and Thanos for the win, unless we are using All STAR Superman.

cdtm
p2yJ5Fsu-W4

K4TC1xMyZDI

"Why don't I just destroy you and EVERYONE ELSE right now. All it would take is a single thought."

And now he's on their side. smile

Surtur

Ignoring this isn't Earth's Mightiest Heroes..it really looked like Graviton ripped up a chunk of city, not the entire city.

The only question is why Graviton didn't just send Hulk into space. He can sure fight against gravity weighing him down, but no gravity at all? Wouldn't of been a damn thing Hulk could of done.

Thor did not support a city. He managed to very very partially slow the decent of the chunk of city Graviton ripped up, and was smushed by the land mass. Hell if you watch the clip you won't even be able to detect any noticeable slow down of the land mass by Thor. Though when it hits the water the waves, etc. it produces aren't as big as they should of been..implying Thor did somewhat slow it down..just not in any way visible to the naked eye.

Just to be clear, this was a focused beam of energy. So the fact it merely destroyed a building doesn't mean it's nothing but a mere building buster. Also, the shockwave did KO him. Thing is, this gun was so potent? Shockwaves or whatever were felt all the way in Japan(this is said in the episode, if not Japan it was another country). So, not exactly a terrible showing for Supes. It doesn't mean the JLU team wins, but it was a nice feat.

Also if you want to use statements it was said the beam has the punch of a small nuke.

Originally posted by danielgamer
Avengers and Thanos for the win, unless we are using All STAR Superman.

Why specify All Star Supes? Normal post crisis Superman could take this fight just fine.

cdtm
Wait, this is only Superman, Captain Marvel, Wonder Woman, John, and Captain Marvel?

NOT the JLU.. JLU by definition means the group, not just a few members.. Misleading title.

This is pretty much less then the JLA core group, since MM is > Captain Marvel.

Yeah, Thanos wins.

Tony Stark
THANOS 11/10

abhilegend
The laser was stated to be citibuster.

And he directly stopped the laser using his body. Where the **** was shockwaves hitting him?

Khazra Reborn
We'll probably have to wait and see how Thanos is defeated, in order to see how big of a threat he is. At one time Hyperion and Attuma both stomped the Avengers, then in later episodes they've both been solo'd by Thor and Hulk.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Till now I would say Thanos. Why, he wasn't really defeated yet and we have to see how much powah it takes to put him down, second he has this IG and it seemed to have some kind of power.

carver9
Originally posted by abhilegend
The laser was stated to be citibuster.

And he directly stopped the laser using his body. Where the **** was shockwaves hitting him?

How about you re-look at the episode before trying to sound like you know something. Fast forward, 11 min and 30 seconds.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kl684_ffSyQ

Where did he stop the laser? Hell, the beam didn't even come out yet and he was dropped. Like I said, he was taken out by the shockwaves.

Prof. T.C McAbe
How about you re-look at the episode before trying to sound like you know something.

Where did he stop the laser? Hell, the beam didn't even come out yet and he was dropped. Like I said, he was taken out by the shockwaves.

Lowballdaddy Carter strikes again!

BTW didn't Kang koed Hulk rather easy?

carver9
Ignoring this isn't Earth's Mightiest Heroes..it really looked like Graviton ripped up a chunk of city, not the entire city.

The only question is why Graviton didn't just send Hulk into space. He can sure fight against gravity weighing him down, but no gravity at all? Wouldn't of been a damn thing Hulk could of done.

Thor did not support a city. He managed to very very partially slow the decent of the chunk of city Graviton ripped up, and was smushed by the land mass. Hell if you watch the clip you won't even be able to detect any noticeable slow down of the land mass by Thor. Though when it hits the water the waves, etc. it produces aren't as big as they should of been..implying Thor did somewhat slow it down..just not in any way visible to the naked eye.

Just to be clear, this was a focused beam of energy. So the fact it merely destroyed a building doesn't mean it's nothing but a mere building buster. Also, the shockwave did KO him. Thing is, this gun was so potent? Shockwaves or whatever were felt all the way in Japan(this is said in the episode, if not Japan it was another country). So, not exactly a terrible showing for Supes. It doesn't mean the JLU team wins, but it was a nice feat.

Also if you want to use statements it was said the beam has the punch of a small nuke.

Why specify All Star Supes? Normal post crisis Superman could take this fight just fine.

Agreed on the chunk of the city part. Still a huge ft...especially with a character that did it effortlessly. A character that was described as generating the energy of a black hole.

Thor slowed it down...achieved his goal of preventing it from dropping into the sea. That strength ft is better than anything that has taken place on JLU.

Yep, it was focused...too bad all of what you said doesn't matter since Superman was dropped before the beam came out.

Hhhhhmmmm, could have the punch of a small nuke...but again, Gravitron was stated to have the power of a black hole and he was still overpowered.

carver9
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe

Don't know if it was easy but yes, Hulk was koed, more than once I think, not by the shockwave of something either. Superman had been dropped as well.

Time Immemorial
How about you re-look at the episode before trying to sound like you know something. Fast forward, 11 min and 30 seconds.

Wow carver!

COME AND GET ME BOY!

Insane Titan
Carver does a great job of going off topic and making the thread about Hulk thumb down

Time Immemorial
I'm putting Carver in Time Out.

Bentley
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe

Eh, I can't miss this oportunity:

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb6/Enteithegreat/Kang%20the%20Conqueror/StrongestK.gif

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by Bentley

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb6/Enteithegreat/Kang%20the%20Conqueror/StrongestK.gif

laughing out loud

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Bentley

Now thats a KO...carv logged off and will try to act like he didn't see this though.

carver9
Charged gamma fist. Then Hulk showed up not too long after that.

Time Immemorial
Charged gamma fist. Then Hulk showed up not too long after that.

laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.