Barsen'thor vs Traya

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nephthys
No gigadrain.

Round 1: Dantooine.

Round 2: Malachor.

Nephthys
Poop. Hang on, I'll ask a mod to move this when I see one.

Emperordmb
Neph. Just edit this topic and change it to something else that actually belongs here, then remake it in the versus.

Nephthys
Uh.

No, I can't think of a topic to replace it with.

FreshestSlice
Who has a better voice actor?

Sinious
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Who has a better voice actor?

thumb up

Selenial
Traya, so easily.

Oh, and Traya also wins in a fight.

Sinious
Not sure how sabers would take part in this but if JC doesnt get overwhelmed in a duel, he take this.

carthage
Traya both rounds

Nargaroth
Originally posted by Selenial
Traya, so easily.

Oh, and Traya also wins in a fight.

I don't think Traya is winning easily. Check this: http://www.comicvine.com/profile/shootingnova/blog/barsenthor-respect-thread/98469/

I don't know who wins, but it shouldn't be an easy battle.

Selenial
Originally posted by Nargaroth
I don't think Traya is winning easily. Check this: http://www.comicvine.com/profile/shootingnova/blog/barsenthor-respect-thread/98469/

I don't know who wins, but it shouldn't be an easy battle.

I've played the Consular story 4 times and it's by far my favorite, I don't need to read a respect thread full of Hyperbolas sentences to know what her feats are...

Traya wins, easily.

Nephthys
Personally I go with the Barsen'thor, since I'm kind of a fanboy of her. She has way more than hyperbole with her amazing TK feats and beating Vivicar and the First Son.

Selenial
Originally posted by Nephthys
Personally I go with the Barsen'thor, since I'm kind of a fanboy of her. She has way more than hyperbole with her amazing TK feats and beating Vivicar and the First Son.

I don't know, all the quests in Swtor seem to indicate that you take your companion on your quests.

We know the Knight fought Darth Angral with Kira, we know that the Inquisitor fought Zash with Kem.... We have yet to find out if Vivicar and the First Son were killed with Qyzen/Nadia's aid, so I'm skeptical of using those feats.

On the other hand we know Revan faced Malak alone, Traya faced Surik alone, etc....

Besides, Choking Sion like a pussy is probably higher on my list than Barsen'Thor's TK feats.

Nargaroth
I've played the Consular story 4 times and it's by far my favorite, I don't need to read a respect thread full of Hyperbolas sentences to know what her feats are...

Traya wins, easily.

I don't think her feats (is she canonically a woman?) are hyperbole (which I haven't seen in the respect thread anyways). I also don't get how is Traya winning easily, especially considering that the Barsen'thor has more impressive combat skill feats. Her TP is not going to give her the win because she doesn't use it that much in combat, and her TK doesn't seem superior to me.

FreshestSlice
I don't know, all the quests in Swtor seem to indicate that you take your companion on your quests.

We know the Knight fought Darth Angral with Kira, we know that the Inquisitor fought Zash with Kem.... We have yet to find out if Vivicar and the First Son were killed with Qyzen/Nadia's aid, so I'm skeptical of using those feats.

On the other hand we know Revan faced Malak alone, Traya faced Surik alone, etc....

Besides, Choking Sion like a pussy is probably higher on my list than Barsen'Thor's TK feats.
Most bosses don't fight alone. The PC is also usually credited with the win as well. And Sion is just awful. I cannot stress this enough.

Selenial
Originally posted by Nargaroth
I don't think her feats (is she canonically a woman?) are hyperbole (which I haven't seen in the respect thread anyways). I also don't get how is Traya winning easily, especially considering that the Barsen'thor has more impressive combat skill feats. Her TP is not going to give her the win because she doesn't use it that much in combat, and her TK doesn't seem superior to me.

I don't know, but I always picture my characters when we talk about them and mine are all female.

And I know her feats aren't, but most of those threads (this one included) are full of quotes like "A powerful padawan" "Strong in the force" "Stronger at age 4 than I was at 15" which in my mind, are meaningless.

I find Barsen'thor a powerful Jedi, there is no doubt about that. Traya however is a master swordsmen, something the Consular has never been attributed with. Their force levels are similar, but Traya seems to be stronger at in combat techniques. She wields incredible TK, potent Dark Healing, Shatterpoint beyond that of anyone else we've seen.... I just think Barsen'thor III is outmatched here.

Selenial
Most bosses don't fight alone.

The end of act bosses generally do.

As for Sion, he is a far above average Sith, he might not be close to her level but ragdolling him like that is still impressive.

If you won't listen to that, then how about her effortlessly defeating the Exile's companions when they faced her?

Nephthys

Qyzen got his ass kicked by Nalen Raloch (before he got Rajivari's training iirc), you really think he'd do much against Vivicar, who was a terrifyingly powerful Sith Lord drawing on the power of hundreds of Jedi Masters? And any aid Qyzen did give is greatly off set by the fact that the Consular was massively weakened by the Shielding technique plus had to fight through a capital ship to get to him. Likewise Nadia is merely a padawan, no match for the First Son. She didn't do anything in the cutscenes before or after the main fight.

Because... Sion is so badass with TK? Sorry but no dice with me. Blasting through a house sized blast door beats ragdolling a chump like Sion. Plus most of the Barsen'thor's TK feats were done in a weakened condition and early in her career.

Selenial
Qyzen got his ass kicked by Nalen Raloch (before he got Rajivari's training iirc), you really think he'd do much against Vivicar, who was a terrifyingly powerful Sith Lord drawing on the power of hundreds of Jedi Masters? And any aid Qyzen did give is greatly off set by the fact that the Consular was massively weakened by the Shielding technique plus had to feat through a capital ship to get to him. Likewise Nadia is merely a padawan, no match for the First Son. She didn't do anything in the cutscenes before or after the main fight.

Because... Sion is so badass with TK? Sorry but no dice with me. Blasting through a house sized blast door beats ragdolling a chump like Sion. Plus most of the Barsen'thor's TK feats were done in a weakened condition and early in her career.

And yet one would argue that Lord Vivicar's strength was sorcery, and being cut from his sources of power means the rituals he used cost him more than he gained.

I don't know why I'd even need to go into the fact that the First Son saved the Barsen'thor's life, Syo Bakarn fighting him in his mind was perhaps the only reason she survived that battle, seeing as Syo incapacitated his alter ego and wasted his energy healing the Consular...

She also effortlessly slaughtered 4 jedi with TK all in short succession, and was considered more powerful than Nihilus in TK despite his little starship feat until he got powerful enough with Drain...

FreshestSlice
The end of act bosses generally do.

They also have armies standing in between them and their opponents. I realise that Malak and Traya did as well, but I also realise that the strength of some of the end act bosses outstrip both.

Still can't get over him losing to Atton. I never will.

I want to say them taking turns was down to gameplay/modding, but then she takes the time to address them all. IDK.

Fated Xtasy

Meanwhile Kreia TK's three(four is you count cut-content) Jedi High council members, utilizes a variety of force powers against them(including force crush) brings people back to life on the fly despite not having used her healing powers "in some time" can levitate lightsabers and give them a will of their own And in cut-content, she stabs herself with a saber and survives.

Oh she beat down all of the Exile's padawans/apprentices and "tanked" their strikes.

FreshestSlice
Cut content doesn't add another Jedi Master. She still dies, iirc, either way. She has also never brought a single person back to life. And beating down novices doesn't put you above the Barsen'thor.

All that said, Traya wins.

Nephthys
And yet one would argue that Lord Vivicar's strength was sorcery, and being cut from his sources of power means the rituals he used cost him more than he gained.

I don't know why I'd even need to go into the fact that the First Son saved the Barsen'thor's life, Syo Bakarn fighting him in his mind was perhaps the only reason she survived that battle, seeing as Syo incapacitated his alter ego and wasted his energy healing the Consular...

She also effortlessly slaughtered 4 jedi with TK all in short succession, and was considered more powerful than Nihilus in TK despite his little starship feat until he got powerful enough with Drain...

But he wasn't cut from the source of his power until after the Consular had defeated him. Are you really arguing he was weaker than she was?

That's speculation. She showed she was capable of resisting his telepathy, getting around his invisibility and overpowering him with TK. Just because Syo did heal her doesn't mean she need him to to have won the fight.

Lol, wut? Now you're getting into crazy town. She overpowered the Exile's poorly trained apprentices at the heart of Malachor only in cut content and saying she's better than Nihilus in TK is utter hilarity. Oh but it was before he got powerful? Well no shit.

Selenial
But he wasn't cut from the source of his power until after the Consular had defeated him. Are you really arguing he was weaker than she was?

That's speculation. She showed she was capable of resisting his telepathy, getting around his invisibility and overpowering him with TK. Just because Syo did heal her doesn't mean she need him to to have won the fight.

Lol, wut? Now you're getting into crazy town. She overpowered the Exile's poorly trained apprentices at the heart of Malachor only in cut content and saying she's better than Nihilus in TK is utter hilarity.

No, he was drawing on the most powerful Jedi Masters, when she shielded them he was cut off. Perhaps, but I don't believe she would have won without Syo at least fighting the first Son.

We all use that cut content constantly, and it's still impressive seeing as she showed the speed to dodge all of their blades. It doesn't matter if she was actually better or not, Nihilus and Sion refused to face her until they knew they could strip her of her force identity, they were obviously terrified of her if two of the most big-headed Sith in the galaxy wouldn't try touch her.

Selenial
Still can't get over him losing to Atton. I never will.

*shrug*

Atton was bloodlusted, whatcha gonna do I guess.

He was also a trained assassin, and through a force bond with the Exile had years worth of Jedi Training...

Emperordmb
Yeah, Sion has never really impressed me all that much.

FreshestSlice
Sion was a Marauder for decades. No respect. Need to make a Sion disrespect thread.

Emperordmb
I think it's safe to say that Sion has died in combat more than anyone else in the mythos.

Fated Xtasy
Cut content doesn't add another Jedi Master. She still dies, iirc,

This scene says otherwise bud:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BBfADTmIvI

Um....She revived a dead Colonel tobin and a dead Hanharrr -_-

didn't the Barsen'thor get so much hype because of "beating down novices"?
(That was a joke)

thumb up

Nargaroth
I don't know, but I always picture my characters when we talk about them and mine are all female.

And I know her feats aren't, but most of those threads (this one included) are full of quotes like "A powerful padawan" "Strong in the force" "Stronger at age 4 than I was at 15" which in my mind, are meaningless.

I find Barsen'thor a powerful Jedi, there is no doubt about that. Traya however is a master swordsmen, something the Consular has never been attributed with. Their force levels are similar, but Traya seems to be stronger at in combat techniques. She wields incredible TK, potent Dark Healing, Shatterpoint beyond that of anyone else we've seen.... I just think Barsen'thor III is outmatched here.

I was only referencing feats, not accolades, which are hardly game changing and shouldn't be used as such. Accolades are just there for completeness, not as a substitute for feats (let's say they are 1/4 of the cake) . Being a master of lightsaber combat is way too generic anyways.

Any above average duellist could be labelled as such, and such hype isn't going to make a difference when facing other master duellists, even when they don't have accolades in that regard. For Dark Healing, I honestly fail to see what's so special about it. Shatterpoint has never been used in combat by Traya, and how useful it would be against powerful opponents is at least questionable.

Nephthys
No, he was drawing on the most powerful Jedi Masters, when she shielded them he was cut off.

Perhaps, but I don't believe she would have won without Syo at least fighting the first Son.

We all use that cut content constantly, and it's still impressive seeing as she showed the speed to dodge all of their blades. It doesn't matter if she was actually better or not, Nihilus and Sion refused to face her until they knew they could strip her of her force identity, they were obviously terrified of her if two of the most big-headed Sith in the galaxy wouldn't try touch her.

He was drawing on hundreds of other Jedi Masters though, so that doesn't matter. And it's pure speculation that he was weakened by her shielding them.

Well as I said, she showed that she was equal to or superior to him in the cutscenes before and after the fight. Plus she had just fought through 3 Children to get to him.

Impressive, but she took them out 1 by 1 and as I said was on Malachor. Plus it's not as if they've got a plethora of feats. And she only dodged Brianna's blade in the video I'm watching.

Again, just because Nihilus did drain her doesn't mean he had to or that he and Sion couldn't have overpowered her without doing so. You're jumping to conclusions that they were terrified of her and weaker in TK.

Emperordmb
Wow! legitimate debating on KMC?!! This hasn't happened in a long time...

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
his scene says otherwise bud:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BBfADTmIvI

On one the actual robot planet, she still dies, though.

Neither were dead.

Probably. But they're more novices. All of which that have better animations.

Selenial
Neither were dead.

Brink of death though, despite knowing Healing trances, we've seen allies of the Barsen'thor suffer less and still die.

Nephthys
We've also seen the Barsen'thor bring Hollow Voice back from the brink of death.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Meanwhile Kreia TK's three(four is you count cut-content) Jedi High council members, utilizes a variety of force powers against them(including force crush) brings people back to life on the fly despite not having used her healing powers "in some time" can levitate lightsabers and give them a will of their own And in cut-content, she stabs herself with a saber and survives.

Oh she beat down all of the Exile's padawans/apprentices and "tanked" their strikes.

Kreia did catch the Masters off guard tbf and the other stuff was in cut content/mods. Her smacking around Mira, Visas and Brianna with TK is only impressive insofar as those guys themselves are impressive. Which isn't that much. Barsen'thor also has advanced healing and has considerably more powerful feats of TK than her and superior combat feats and accolades for her skill.

Selenial
I'm looking at that Barsen'thor respect thread more, it wasn't made by any of you was it?

There are a lot of mistakes I wish to correct.

Nephthys
If you want, you can look through my vastly superior respect thread: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f6/t586643.html

It doesn't have any of those stupid non-canon trailer feats.

NewGuy01
There are two Barsen'thor respect threads, one on Comicvine by ShootingNova, and another here by Nephthys.

Emperordmb
Shootingnova's respect threads seem a bit lacking to me.

NewGuy01
You just mad that he doesn't mention Bane's almighty leverage. laughing

Based
Thor.

Emperordmb
http://bensbargains.net/thecheckout/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/thor-stormtrooper.jpg

NewGuy01
Thor stomps with ridiculous ease.

carthage
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Thor stomps with ridiculous ease.

thumb up thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.