Who are the toughest force users?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Q99
Who are the force users who can take the most punishment before going down? As in, 'just stand there and eat cuts, blaster bolts, punches and kicks, etc.,' no force shields or etc..

Sion seems a shoe-in for the number 1 spot, but who below him?

Who're the toughest Jedi? Saba Sebatyne seems up there.

Emperordmb
Bane survived his frying on Tython.

Vader has taken a shit-ton of punishment and walked it off.

Abeloth has been impaled and shot in the head several times and walked it off like it's nothing.

Maul survived being cut in half.

Plagueis and Caedus have both fought with bad injuries.

Selenial
Ummmmmm

Sion?

Edit: Nvm didnt read OP

WildBantha88
Vader
Malgus
Obi-wan

All of them have gone through hell and kept on going

Nephthys
Darth Nox. smile

Gotta love that immortality.

Malgus too.

WildBantha88
Originally posted by Nephthys
Darth Nox. smile

Gotta love that immortality. thumb down

Trocity
Caedus comes to mind. Punctured kidneys, shattered bones, a hole in his chest, one arm... he just keeps going.

ares834
Outside of Sion, Vader and Caedus are the obvious choices.

Q99
Krayt's another who gets in the top 10, maybe top 5. What it took to actually kill him the first time was absurd.

Darth Nox. smile

Gotta love that immortality.

Yea, but that's more an active power than physical toughness, isn't it?

FreshestSlice
So is Sion's.

ILS
Based on my own knowledge...
Malgus, Maul, Sion, Vader.. yeah I dunno lol, but those guys are all worth mentioning. Savage Opress should get an honourable mention.

Nephthys
What about that guy who survived as a head?

carthage
Simus? Wasnt he only kept alive through Sith sorcery?

Other than that Vader, Krayt, Malgus, Caedus, Plagueis, and Maul.

Jedi would be Saba, Plo, Obi wan, Windu (shatterpoint) a much smaller selection for sure

NewGuy01
Plo?

carthage
Plo koon

DarthAnt66
Darth Nox. smile.
Murder and mayhem await. thumb up

Q99
What's Plo's big toughness feats?

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
So is Sion's.

Sure, but Sion's is a constant thing, doesn't Nox's require the ghosts actively do a revival thing?

Maybe I'm just splitting hairs.

What about that guy who survived as a head?

There were tubes and such hooked up. Just surgery that could be done with everyone.

Nephthys
The ghosts would prefer Nox to die. But as long as they're tied to her, she won't die.

Fated Xtasy
What about Alema Rar? The crazy jedi took a lot of pain and nearly always survived. There's also Lumiya suffered through a lot, a hell of a lot of pain.

Q99
Originally posted by ILS
Based on my own knowledge...
Malgus, Maul, Sion, Vader.. yeah I dunno lol, but those guys are all worth mentioning. Savage Opress should get an honourable mention.

Considering how many blaster shots Savage took, shrugging a full-strength kick to the knee from Adi, etc., I think more than an honorable. I'd say he's likely physically tougher than Maul.

NewGuy01
Savage died with a stab to the gut. Maul survived being bifurcated.

Q99
Originally posted by NewGuy01

Due in large part to Morley. It is impressive he lasted long enough to get him, granted.

Savage *fought through* a heck of a lot. It seemed to take more to hurt him in the first place than most anyone. And while he died from a double-stab, it was higher up and likely hit more vital areas.

DarthAnt66
Revan survived a bomb blast while only standing a foot away without putting up a Force shield.
It's admittedly not his most intelligent feat though...getting outsmarted by some pigs.
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11114/111140132/3948404-5896127622-E3LIz.gif

ILS
Originally posted by Q99
Considering how many blaster shots Savage took, shrugging a full-strength kick to the knee from Adi, etc., I think more than an honorable. I'd say he's likely physically tougher than Maul.
Taking the blaster shots was due to his armor, though. For the most part anyway. Maul has actually been shot in the arm point blank by a blaster and continued fighting on (Lockdown).

Maul's tanked better strikes than a kick from Adi Gallia. He's been punched in the face by Qui-Gon Jinn and subsequently survived a "back-breaking fall". He's been slammed into steel walls by a wampa, been struck square on the chin by a creature outweighing him by like 300lbs, tanked being hit in the face by a skycar repulsor.

He's been able to ignore being literally roasted alive, tanked a full-force kick from Grievous without any real injury. During his sparring with Sidious he was covered in lightsaber burns, and that was just training. The list goes on and on for Maul. Savage gets an honourable mention but.. that's about it.

ILS
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Difference being, Savage was stabbed through both hearts.

red8
A few honorable mentions:

Mace Windu, gets impaled by a light-saber on a dark side nexus and still beats Kar Vastar without resorting to Vapaad.

Gets into a unarmed bout with Vastar knowing that he would lose and pretty much lets Vastar beat the shit out of him.

Kenobi, all of the times he's been kicked, taken down, ragdolled, etc.

red8
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Revan survived a bomb blast while only standing a foot away without putting up a Force shield.
It's admittedly not his most intelligent feat though...getting outsmarted by some pigs.
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11114/111140132/3948404-5896127622-E3LIz.gif

He also got tortured a whole bunch.

At least twice in KotOR. And then the whole Nyriss and Vitiate thing. Dude's got willpower.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by red8
He also got tortured a whole bunch.

At least twice in KotOR. And then the whole Nyriss and Vitiate thing. Dude's got willpower.

Yeah, though he has some bad showings despite his mastery Precog and forces senses. But there's no denying the dude can take some pain.

Emperordmb
Bane deserves a mention here for sure...

red8
Wasn't Bane already mentioned? big grin

Emperordmb
Originally posted by red8
Wasn't Bane already mentioned? big grin
Yes, but overlooked as well.

carthage
Bane gets a mention for being durable but shit at everything else

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Yeah, though he has some bad showings despite his mastery Precog
Darth Revan was the master of precog, not KotOR Revan.

Nargaroth
For Jedi, Master Fay deserves at least a honorable mention. She is heavily implied to have only died after being stabbed by Ventress with two lightsabers because she gave her last strenght to Obi-Wan.

Marco1907
Savage seems more durable than Maul, but that's only because he has more sheer strength than Maul. Maul has much better pain tolerance and durability.

In Season 5 Episode 14 - Eminence, it is clearly shows that Maul has better at pain tolerance and durability.

http://i.hizliresim.com/aBnJB2.jpg

http://i.hizliresim.com/gLPzL0.jpg

Maul regains his consciousness much earlier than his brother.

Zett
I agree that Maul was more durable then Opress, but your example is kinda bad. Savage was heavily wounded, while Maul wasn't.

DARTH POWER
Nah Opress is stronger and more durable. He's taken a ton of blaster bolts.

You have to remember Savage has basically no training. His whole power with which he beats Council Members is his physical strength and beastly Tk waves. So those 2 weapons of his must be tremendous considering the wins he's pulled off.

ILS
Savage actually doesn't have better striking strength feats than Maul. The only way you could assert that Savage is physically stronger than Maul is by sheer size, but then that doesn't translate into striking power, which Maul thoroughly excels in. The same logic applies to his durability, and in terms of sheer tolerance for pain Maul is still more accomplished.

Marco1907
Originally posted by Zett
I agree that Maul was more durable then Opress, but your example is kinda bad. Savage was heavily wounded, while Maul wasn't.

I don't know... It seems to me that a good comparision. Also Maul lost one magick legs (he screamed when he lost it), it seems that was kind of different than cybernetics, since it is made by Talzin's magick.

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Nah Opress is stronger and more durable. He's taken a ton of blaster bolts.

You have to remember Savage has basically no training. His whole power with which he beats Council Members is his physical strength and beastly Tk waves. So those 2 weapons of his must be tremendous considering the wins he's pulled off.

And Maul doesn't ? He get shot to his hand when the time he was fighting against Pre Vizsla, took several grenades explosion shock, and he still continue to fight.

Maul is like expert in this area. Savage is good but, Maul is like a durability god. He survived from being cut in half, what example do you need ? smile

And TPM Maul has many durability feat as well.

Ah, and then, Sidious hurled him hard to wall (which is cracked the wall) and he still didn't lose conscious, then he shoot him with force lightning, then probably shoot him more. And then Dooku shoot him again. In the end he said this ;

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y418/karasakal_teach/ghghgf_zps966e6628.jpg

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Nargaroth
For Jedi, Master Fay deserves at least a honorable mention. She is heavily implied to have only died after being stabbed by Ventress with two lightsabers because she gave her last strenght to Obi-Wan.

thumb up agreed. Another one who deserves a mention is Lanoree Brock, tanking a bomb blast and getting up like it was nothing is a pretty great feat. Then there's Bane of course. Honestly though, the poster boy for this is Vader, the dude has survived a bunch of stuff.

@DarthAnt66. Good to know.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by ILS
Savage actually doesn't have better striking strength feats than Maul.

How do you figure that? Opress sent Count frigging Dooku flying once with a swing.

He's also disarmed Kenobi and Ventress within a few strikes in "Revenge."

Originally posted by Marco1907

And Maul doesn't ? He get shot to his hand when the time he was fighting against Pre Vizsla, took several grenades explosion shock, and he still continue to fight.

Doesn't compare to being shot head on by Destroyer and Battle Droids.

Marco1907
Savage is like frankenstein (someone used exactly this term, but I don't remember who) and ragdolled Anakin & Obi-Wan at the same time, he has also broken a chain handcuff with ease, Savage is physically stronger than even Maul, but I still say that Maul has better pain tolerance than Savage.

DARTH POWER
I agree Maul had better pain tolerance.

ILS
I suppose that's fair enough with the Dooku showing, although with Kenobi he had the element of surprise, and when he disarmed Kenobi it was because Kenobi was trying to watch his back for Maul. With Ventress, it's fair enough but the environment was pretty cramped, and she only had one blade opposed to her usual pair.

I'd say Maul can cause more damage with his strikes, unarmed anyway, due to his martial arts skill. But in terms of hurling people/objects around Savage is stronger due to his sheer size.

Darth Abonis
Jaina Solo in Apocalypse

NewGuy01
Plagueis?

Marco1907
Maul still has H2H combat and speed advantage though, that is why he can even beat Savage without lightsaber.

This is from maul: lockdown ;

Maul tears open three meter long Wampa's chest

And he was heavily wounded when he did this, another pain tolerance feat.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by ILS
I suppose that's fair enough with the Dooku showing, although with Kenobi he had the element of surprise, and when he disarmed Kenobi it was because Kenobi was trying to watch his back for Maul. With Ventress, it's fair enough but the environment was pretty cramped, and she only had one blade opposed to her usual pair.

Not using any of that to claim Opress can take out any of those 3 in a fair one vs one with all sides prepped. (Although I do think he can take Ventress).

Just using it to show the trouble his tremendous strength alone has given to so many powerful opponents. Those "strength/striking" feats are well above Maul's.

Originally posted by ILS
I'd say Maul can cause more damage with his strikes, unarmed anyway, due to his martial arts skill.

I'm not even sure of that. Even before the Nightsister amp, Opress was punching holes in stone. Then the nightsister magic increased his strength multiple times.

Maul can probably defeat Savage in unarmed combat due to his martial prowess, but he's not going to have strikes as powerful as Savage's even unarmed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.