Orochimaru runs the Akatsuki Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pym-ftw
Oro with the Zetsu body

Vs

Hidan

Deidara

Sasori

Konan

Kakuzu

Kisame

Itachi

Pain w/ Nagato on battle field

How far can Oro get?

Trocity
Stops at Kisame

Q99
Originally posted by Trocity
Stops at Kisame

I'd say he can handle Kisame fine- Kisame was intimidated by Jiraiya, and a lot of Orochimaru's attacks don't give much to absorb, like the super sword, nor is drowning much of a problem, and he can stop most of Kisame's big ranged jutsu, even the super shark he used against Gai, with the iron gate thing.

I'd say stops at Itachi.

With Sasori giving the next-best fight, as his flexibility will allow him to respond best to Oro's variety of jutsu.

TheTyrant
Originally posted by Q99
I'd say he can handle Kisame fine- Kisame was intimidated by Jiraiya As was Itachi but things have changed a lot since then. Kisame would kill Orochimaru or Jiraiya going by how Itachi vs Orochimaru and Orochimaru vs Jiraiya turned out. Kisame is the 4th strongest Akatsuki member after Itachi, Nagato, and Obito.

yungz22
Idk i rhink he can take kisame too because like stated before oro isnt a big chakra user like a jinchurikki

Q99
Originally posted by TheTyrant
As was Itachi but things have changed a lot since then.

Itachi was only worried because he'd already used his eye techniques repeatedly that day. Kisame was fresh and thought that unlike himself, Itachi could beat Jiraiya solidly.

We never saw Jiraiya vs Orochimaru when they were both at full, but the sanin are supposed to be pretty even with each other

Itachi took down Orochimaru quickly... via genjutsu reversal, something Kisame doesn't have. Here, Orochimaru has the genjutsu edge.

I don't think he is... I mean, against biju, sure, since he gets amped from doing so, but there's arguments that others could beat him. Several have jutsu types that don't leave him much to absorb.

Sasori seems like a bad matchup for him, for example (and by the databook, Sasori has the higher stats). The explosive people are pretty dangerous to him as well, I'd think. Kakuzu... well, Kakuzu might be a bit stronger in base but his big chakra attacks are good eating, so Kisame's got that one...

socool8520
Didori could potentially beat Kisame with range and the mini bomb tech.

I agree that Oro probably gets through to Itachi and dies.

Q99
Originally posted by socool8520
Didori could potentially beat Kisame with range and the mini bomb tech.

Yea, I think they're similar in level but Deidara's speciality matches up well.

Also Konan's another ranged fighter, enough tag bombs could do the trick. Not so sure there since she's not as specialized at it as Dei (less offense, more defense on her part), and chakra-eating can likely nullify her paper form to an extent.

socool8520
Originally posted by Q99
Yea, I think they're similar in level but Deidara's speciality matches up well.

Also Konan's another ranged fighter, enough tag bombs could do the trick. Not so sure there since she's not as specialized at it as Dei (less offense, more defense on her part), and chakra-eating can likely nullify her paper form to an extent.

The tag bomb thing takes prep time though, and at the level it would take to really damage Oro, it would take a while.

Her Logia also seems quite weak. jiraiya was able to neutralize it with oil. I'm sure Oro could use fire to the same effect.

NewGuy01
Orochimaru summons Hashirama and Tobirama, then rolls all of them.

Demonic Phoenix
http://i50.tinypic.com/6qij34.png

Itachi > Hashirama.

vin

Q99
The tag bomb thing takes prep time though, and at the level it would take to really damage Oro, it would take a while.

It took prep time to make several billion of them that lasted for 10 minutes of constant detonation.

She hardly needs that generally speaking.

Oil made it stick together so she couldn't split paper off of her, that's all.

Orochimaru doesn't even have fire (he has wind and snakes), and she blocked Jiraiya's fire just fine, so that route is no good on multiple levels.

socool8520
Originally posted by Q99
It took prep time to make several billion of them that lasted for 10 minutes of constant detonation.

She hardly needs that generally speaking.

True but I don't recall how many exploding tags she has on person at any given time, an while agree it needn't be as many as was required to fight Tobi, it would still take a lot with his snake shedding tech and those BA gates.

Originally posted by Q99
Oil made it stick together so she couldn't split paper off of her, that's all.

Orochimaru doesn't even have fire (he has wind and snakes), and she blocked Jiraiya's fire just fine, so that route is no good on multiple levels.

He had fire in the anime. That was my bad. Wind could be effective imo. Hard to manipulate paper when the wind is blowing everywhere. Also, on the wiki, it states that he has earth release and can create mud type clones. Mud could work as a weaker alternative to jiraiya's oil.

socool8520
Edo Tensei would also take care of Konan. Hash and Tobirama would be difficult for anyone to deal with .

Q99
Edo Tensei would also take care of Konan. Hash and Tobirama would be difficult for anyone to deal with .

Which requires multiple sacrifices around to do.

And if they're fighting at the lower level of the first resurrection, she may manage a paper seal attack thing.

True but I don't recall how many exploding tags she has on person at any given time, an while agree it needn't be as many as was required to fight Tobi, it would still take a lot with his snake shedding tech and those BA gates.

She had a hundred billion against Tobi, she hardly needs more than a small fraction of that to do a lot!

A wind jutsu seems like it'd cancel out a single paper attack or so on, it won't shut her down long term or anything.

And mud seems like it'd be a good deal easier to remove than oil, and easier to block so it doesn't get on all her paper, thus it'd only clump up some.

Konan really doesn't seem that easy to shut down, considering how easy she can make more paper.

marwash22
Deidara kills him with C4

SSJGGogeta
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
http://i50.tinypic.com/6qij34.png

Itachi > Hashirama.

vin

lol, you win.

However, tbh, Oro doesn't get past anyone other than Hidan and Konan, and he ties with Deidara if he uses C0.

Stoic
He can take them all except for Itachi.

NewGuy01
As if Orochimaru could handle Nagato.

SSJGGogeta
Honestly, looking back at the pages, Oro probably could handle most of them other than Itachi(obviously), considering he DID take on a slight weakened Tsunade and Jiraiya without his arms.

Stoic
Originally posted by SSJGGogeta
Honestly, looking back at the pages, Oro probably could handle most of them other than Itachi(obviously), considering he DID take on a slight weakened Tsunade and Jiraiya without his arms.

Not just that, but it's the way he went about things. It's as if he was 10-20 steps ahead of his opponents which served to lessen any power gap if there was one. Orochimaru was like the Count Dooku of Naruto canon. Real dangerous fellow that one.

Q99

However, tbh, Oro doesn't get past anyone other than Hidan and Konan, and he ties with Deidara if he uses C0.

Konan's stronger than a lot of the others, definitely harder to take out, why do you think he'd get past her but not others?

Stoic
Originally posted by Q99
Konan's stronger than a lot of the others, definitely harder to take out, why do you think he'd get past her but not others?

I think he'd get past her due to his ability to always have a fallback plan. She wasn't portrayed to be on his level in terms of pure genius. You said that she was stronger than a lot of the others. Who?

SSJGGogeta
Originally posted by Q99

She's not that strong. Remember how she was contested with by Ino, Shizune and a few other scrub Kunoichi? She's quite possibly the weakest in the Akatsuki, other than... Idk, Hidan, but he makes up for it with immortality and his curse jutsu.

Q99
Originally posted by Stoic
I think he'd get past her due to his ability to always have a fallback plan. She wasn't portrayed to be on his level in terms of pure genius. You said that she was stronger than a lot of the others. Who?

Agreed on the planningness.

---

She's obviously stronger than Hidan and Black Zetsu.

Compared to Deidara, she has somewhat less offense (but who doesn't?), but a ton more defense and is more flexible. We know getting blow up til she's just part of a torso is something she can easily regenerate, as she's done that, so that's a nice edge, while Deidara really can't take her attacks in return. Mine fields are no biggie since she flies, etc..

Sasori doesn't have a lot of attacks that could even hurt her, being largely physical, and swarms of puppets are just bait for being taken down by paper blades. Once she blows up Scorpion he's in trouble.

Even Kisame arguably, since his defense is largely sword + regen, a constant stream of paper blades is something Samehada would have trouble defending against, and she doesn't give him much chakra to regen with in the process.

She's not that strong. Remember how she was contested with by Ino, Shizune and a few other scrub Kunoichi? She's quite possibly the weakest in the Akatsuki, other than... Idk, Hidan, but he makes up for it with immortality and his curse jutsu.

Huh? You mean when her clone had already gone through a quantity of Konoha ninja and... then wasn't it like a whole group of the Aburame clan who proceeded to fend her off for a little? And it was still just a clone?

Did she even meet Ino and Shizune...? I thought that was one of the Pains.

There is the matter that her paper chasm could kill most ninja no problem even without billions of explosives.

Konan's definitely bellow the upper-tier Akatsuki, and below Orochimaru, but looks to me to be in the upper half of the organization. I mean, we saw how she did against Obito, taking his arm off and hurting him a good amount even before she busted out her ultimate technique.

SSJGGogeta
Originally posted by Q99
Agreed on the planningness.

---

She's obviously stronger than Hidan and Black Zetsu.

Compared to Deidara, she has somewhat less offense (but who doesn't?), but a ton more defense and is more flexible. We know getting blow up til she's just part of a torso is something she can easily regenerate, as she's done that, so that's a nice edge, while Deidara really can't take her attacks in return. Mine fields are no biggie since she flies, etc..

Sasori doesn't have a lot of attacks that could even hurt her, being largely physical, and swarms of puppets are just bait for being taken down by paper blades. Once she blows up Scorpion he's in trouble.

Even Kisame arguably, since his defense is largely sword + regen, a constant stream of paper blades is something Samehada would have trouble defending against, and she doesn't give him much chakra to regen with in the process.

Huh? You mean when her clone had already gone through a quantity of Konoha ninja and... then wasn't it like a whole group of the Aburame clan who proceeded to fend her off for a little? And it was still just a clone?

Did she even meet Ino and Shizune...? I thought that was one of the Pains.

There is the matter that her paper chasm could kill most ninja no problem even without billions of explosives.

Konan's definitely bellow the upper-tier Akatsuki, and below Orochimaru, but looks to me to be in the upper half of the organization. I mean, we saw how she did against Obito, taking his arm off and hurting him a good amount even before she busted out her ultimate technique.

Yeah, my bad, it was the Aburame clan. Whatever though, it was still only four scrub chunnin level ninja's that subdued her. And it was a clone, but her entire body is made of paper anyway, so a clone is basically the same as her real body. At least nearly, just like Haku, but even better.

Oh, and btw, any given one of the Akatsuki could have done WAY more to the scrubs of Konoha, and DID when they were revived. Deidara could have blown the hole damn thing up, Kakazu could have used his super fire-wind style to decimate a massive area of them, Kisame could have made a massive water sphere and drown them all/sucked out all their chakra, Itachi could have... done a lot of things to all of them(including genjutsu the hole lot at once, vaporize them with ammy, pwn them with monstrous taijutsu, cut them down with Susano'o, etc.), Sasori could have used his 300 puppets and personally killed them all, and as I said, Hidan might be weaker than her, but he's still got the curse jutsu and immortality. This makes her the least dangerous of them all. What has she done? Suffocated a dozen gennin at a time by wrapping their entire bodies in paper? Please, she's weak-sauce and you know it.

She would be unable to handle Kisame once he fused with Samehada and becomes fast enough to deal with Bee as well as strong enough, unable to handle Itachi(for obvious reasons, so no need to elaborate), unable to handle Kakazu who's fire-wind combo can easily shoot through a Kakashi water wall jutsu, unable to handle Deidara who can blow through her defenses easily(as he managed the same against the Tsukikage(who is a god of defense compared to Konan), and unable to handle Sasori, who has fire AND water jutsu capable of EASILY cutting through her defenses. Literally, all he has to do is unleash his fire jutsu, which melted through huge boulders in seconds, and her entire arsenal is turned to ash.

Btw, I don't remember her using a "paper-chasm" jutsu without the bombs. From what I recall, it took her over ten years to collect as many bombs as she did, and it was a one-time use thing that she could only use in the specific spot on ocean in the rain village. Care to show some scans saying otherwise?

BeyonderGod
Stops at Kakuzu.

naurtoisbeast
Originally posted by NewGuy01
As if Orochimaru could handle Nagato. Originally posted by NewGuy01
As if Orochimaru could handle Nagato. i think orochimaru will win here

Q99
Yeah, my bad, it was the Aburame clan. Whatever though, it was still only four scrub chunnin level ninja's that subdued her. And it was a clone, but her entire body is made of paper anyway, so a clone is basically the same as her real body. At least nearly, just like Haku, but even better.

What? Shino's father was with them, he's a Jonin and leader of the Aburame. The other two named ones there were Muta (special jonin), and Shino (plus an unknown). A clan leader, a Konoha 12 member, and another special jonin is... pretty formidable.

And they didn't 'subdue' her to boot, they held her off for a bit before Nagato called her back. In the anime, barely avoiding her attacks at times.

A clone, while physically similar in being made of paper, would have not nearly as much chakra for attack or defense.

And so could she.

Remember, she was on intel, not destruction duty. Grab and interrogate was her job.

We've seen her do bigger jutsu than all but a few of the others, had that been her task.

Even a simple 'giant cloud of paper blades' (ala what she used at the start of the Obito fight, before she pulled any big guns) going up and down streets would obviously cause mass casualties in short order.

Created a gigantic chasm of paper with billions of pieces, which can optionally be bombs. She did this *after* she'd already taken Obito's arm- Obito being one of the stronger Akatsuki.

Of the Akatsuki, only Pain's giant moves and Deidara's self destruct are as big. And of those, only Pain's has duration.

Giant swarm of paper blades. Can't get to her without going through them and being cut up. Surround him with explosives, and boom.

Raw speed doesn't as matter much since she can fly- he can't pull something like he did against Bee, Konan can go strait up to avoid.

Hit Deidara first with her higher speed blades. Use flight and maneuverability to avoid his big attacks. Deidara doesn't have too much defense against big clouds of attacks, and his smaller bombs are almost useless against her paper form.

Tsuchikage has a very different moveset than her.

Jiraiya's fire couldn't. You think Sasori's is better? You're assuming fire's a weakness of hers, when it hasn't been shown to be.

Water's not particularly a threat to her either, as covered prior.

And once she blows up the puppet with said fire jutsu, then he's much more limited in what he can do to her. Konan has a very good chance in that fight.

She didn't, but it shows how much paper she can control/create.

The paper wasn't there at the start of the fight after all, Konan used her powers to bring it all out.

Nope, amount of prep needed is unknown.

I will also remind you that Deidara has to prep his larger attacks as well, just as she does hers.

Nope, nothing said it could only be done at that spot.

To begin with, you might want to back up your assertion of the limitations.

psycho gundam
Nobody knows how strong he is with his new Zetsu body yet

Q99
Originally posted by psycho gundam
Nobody knows how strong he is with his new Zetsu body yet

Well, presumably we're going off of old body.

naurtoisbeast
Originally posted by NewGuy01
As if Orochimaru could handle Nagato. Originally posted by NewGuy01
As if Orochimaru could handle Nagato. i think orochimaru will win here

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.