DE Palpatine vs. Darth Tenebrous/Darth Malgus/Darth Maul/Kyp Durron

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
*Maxi Chlorians/Essence transfer disabled.

Battle takes place in the Dark force temple

Nephthys
Team.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Yeah, I'll roll with the team.

Marco1907
team

ares834
lol Maul is completely out of his league here.

Marco1907
Originally posted by ares834
lol Maul is completely out of his league here.

tcw maul beats malgus

ares834
lol

Emperor Malgus shitstomps Maul.

carthage
In terms of power yeah. Skill Maul edges Malgus out, not seeing how this is relevant in this thread though.

ares834
On a different note, what does Tenebrous bring to the table here? I've read the short story, but outside of the Maxi Chlorian shit I can't remember any feats of his.

Marco1907
tenebrous fast enough to almost knock plagueis with his sheer speed, lifted enormous boulders with his TK which is huge enough to crush a space shuttle

he lacks skill showings though

Emperordmb
Tenebrous and Malgus are two Sith that I consider to be on the tier just below the top five Sith. With Maul and Durron for support, I think they have this.

carthage
Tenebrous also made a force barrier strong enough to withstand the explosion of the entire Baldemnic mining cavern

Sinious
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Tenebrous and Malgus are two Sith that I consider to be on the tier just below the top five Sith. With Maul and Durron for support, I think they have this.

I also think that Tenebrous and Malgus are the 2 most powerful members of the team here. I don't think they are top 10 though.

Sidious had to face 4 powerful opponents before and he blitzed 3 of them in seconds. Not sure if he'd be able to pull that off against this team especially since Maul is there and he would make sure that the team stays intact against his former master since he knows what the Emperor is capable of.

Sidious mostly leaves the force attacks for the end of the fights unlike some of the ancient sith so he'd probably dive into a duel right away. If he can't take out the weaker members quickly, he would get overwhelmed at some point and get killed. Depends on which direction/method Sidious would choose to follow in the fight but he definitely has a chance. With that said, I'm leaning team for now.

carthage
Why would Malgus, Tenebrous, or Maul not be in the top 10?

I know I should know better than ask someone like you..but seriously?

FreshestSlice
Team

Sinious
Originally posted by carthage
Why would Malgus, Tenebrous, or Maul not be in the top 10?

I know I should know better than ask someone like you..but seriously?

And I know enough to ignore someone who thinks Dooku is top 5 sith. laughing

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Sinious
thumb up

NewGuy01
lol

Emperor Malgus shitstomps Maul.

lolnope

NewGuy01
On a different note, what does Tenebrous bring to the table here? I've read the short story, but outside of the Maxi Chlorian shit I can't remember any feats of his.

Uh, besides being one if the last of the Banite lineage? Plagueis struggled to keep up with him speed wise, he fought alongside Plagueis against hundreds of Kursid warriors without using lightsabers or the force, he was heavily implied to be a more consummate lightsaber master than Plagueis, erected a barrier that defended him from a blast that caused cathedral-sized caverns to implode, and casually held up boulders that threatened to crush his ship. I also recall his lightning left residual sparks/energy where it was blasted for hours.

His precog is also through the roof. He predicted his own death as well as the rise of Sidious, and even recognized him through Plagueis's eyes.

So yeah, he's got that and a handful if esoteric shit. not bad for someone who has a total if 15 pages of screen time.

carthage

Malgus would stomp Vitiate and Bane on neutral ground and without a nexus to sap off of.

FreshestSlice
Maul and Malgus seem about the same to be skill and power wise.

carthage
Maul is reasonably close imo, but he is more skilled.

Sinious
Originally posted by carthage
Malgus would stomp Vitiate and Bane on neutral ground and without a nexus to sap off of.

This is too stupid. Even for a no life troll.

carthage
This is too stupid. Even for a no life troll.

Someone is mad Vitiate cant compete with other Sith without an aid or prep. But dont distress My child , Bane is a failure as well

ares834
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Uh, besides being one if the last of the Banite lineage? Plagueis struggled to keep up with him speed wise, he fought alongside Plagueis against hundreds of Kursid warriors without using lightsabers or the force, he was heavily implied to be a more consummate lightsaber master than Plagueis, erected a barrier that defended him from a blast that caused cathedral-sized caverns to implode, and casually held up boulders that threatened to crush his ship. I also recall his lightning left residual sparks/energy where it was blasted for hours.

His precog is also through the roof. He predicted his own death as well as the rise of Sidious, and even recognized him through Plagueis's eyes.

So yeah, he's got that and a handful if esoteric shit. not bad for someone who has a total if 15 pages of screen time.

I mean, I guess it's not bad but not overly impressive either. Frankly, I actually think he may be the weakest on his team. Even more so than Maul.

NewGuy01
I wouldn't say that. As far as telekinesis goes, Tenebrous was able to support boulders that threatened to crush his shuttle, just after comfortably deflecting a blast that destabilized caves the size of cathedrals. I don't really think Maul has any TK feats that definitively surpass those. Much can be argued for the rest of his shit, too.

Again, though, this is a character who collectively has barely a dozen pages of screen time, most of which were devoted to his scientific developments. It's hard to gauge his power from that, but he seems like a genuine powerhouse from the little info we have on him.

carthage
Tenebrous needs his own novel imo

Nalaniel
Sidious dies.

Skybreaker
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Uh, besides being one if the last of the Banite lineage?

Sorry, but this really doesn't tell us much about him. Maul and Dooku were also among the last of the lineage, and both could perhaps manage a breath or two before Palpatine Reborn ended them.

Plagueis was far, far, far from his prime. He was still a mere apprentice.

This would be impressive if we had any idea what Kursid warriors were capable of.

Plagueis himself is not exactly a lightsaber master. He was very good, but there's nothing to suggest that his technical ability was on the level of any of the Jedi Order's best.

Like, these are all impressive in most contexts, but they are less than nothing by Palpatine's standards.

Again, Palpatine isn't exactly going to be tembling in his boots at the mention of precognition.

I'm not saying Tenebrous isn't extremely powerful; he probably is top tier if only by the fact that he was Plagueis's master, who seemed to respect his power, but let's not pretend there's anything to suggest he'd last more than ten seconds against Palpatine.

Everyone seems to have left Kyp out of the discussion, when I think he's the strongest of the team. Don't think it will be enough, as Maul dies in nanoseconds and I don't think two sith and a jedi are going to properly coordinate strikes against Palpatine.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.