Doc Sampson VS The Thing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sharky137
Place: abandoned city... who wins

zopzop
I'm bias towards Doc Samson, so.......... big grin

"Realistically", I'd have to say split.

Stoic
Originally posted by zopzop
I'm bias towards Doc Samson, so.......... big grin

"Realistically", I'd have to say split.

Ben would beat the hell out of Leonard. Too much skill.

riv6672
I'm going with the lifelong tough guy over the academic who got powers and started throwing hands as an adult.

DarkSaint85
Too much skill; too much Heart Force.

Samson, however, still wins. Yes, he's an academic, but he also has an evil side to him (which gives him more powah!)

golem370
Thing would win imo

riv6672
Originally posted by DarkSaint85

Samson, however, still wins. Yes, he's an academic, but he also has an evil side to him (which gives him more powah!)
Unless he lands a sucker punch, Samson's not winning. Evil side notwithstanding, since Ben routinely fights people who's every side is evil...

abhilegend
Samson has already beaten Thing.

riv6672
I dont think thats ever been a deciding factor in a forum fight.

carver9
Sampson has better fts.

abhilegend
Originally posted by riv6672
I dont think thats ever been a deciding factor in a forum fight.
For you nothing is, except your own bizarro logic.

riv6672
Haha no.

Bentley
Originally posted by abhilegend

PIS.

Thing wins thumb up

abhilegend
Haha no.
Feats don't matter for you, fights don't matter for you. What is left to decide a winner?Originally posted by Bentley
PIS.

Thing wins thumb up
Ha, Samson beats Thing to death.

riv6672
For you nothing is, except your own bizarro logic.

That haha no was meant for the post above you.

That said, by your ABC logic, Captain Marvel will always beat Superman.
Bane will always beat Batman.
Spider-man will always beat Firelord.
The Atom and Green Arrow will always beat Darkseid.
Dick Grayson will always beat GL Hal.
The Punisher will always beat Wolverine.
And on and on....

Yes, abhi. I'm sure they will.
Make the board a list of every character who's ever had a loss to another character.
The mods can stickie it, save us all making useless threads.

abhilegend
That haha no was meant for the post above you.

That said, by your ABC logic, Captain Marvel will always beat Superman.
Bane will always beat Batman.
Spider-man will always beat Firelord.
The Atom and Green Arrow will always beat Darkseid.
Dick Grayson will always beat GL Hal.
The Punisher will always beat Wolverine.
And on and on....

Yes, abhi. I'm sure they will.
Make the board a list of every character who's ever had a loss to another character.
The mods can stickie it, save us all making useless threads.
You're sure you didn't come from a bizarro world? Have you ever heard of an underdog beating a superior opponent by sheer luck?

Samson beat Thing because he was stronger, that's it. Now cry more.

zopzop

Yup, but even without his "unleashed" side he's still formidable when he's not unsure about himself. He admitted that he held back and doubted himself throughout his career as a hero.

Plus, what abhi said big grin

riv6672
@abhi

Well obviously you've never heard of sarcasm.
Bottom line, when its your example, its an undeniable close the thread fact.
Anyone else's example, its dumb luck, doesnt count, i'm still right.

God you're predictable.

abhilegend
@abhi

Well obviously you've never heard of sarcasm.
Bottom line, when its your example, its an undeniable close the thread fact.
Anyone else's example, its dumb luck, doesnt count, i'm still right.

God you're predictable.
So nothing of value whatsoever as usual?

You're just as useless as ever. But don't let that stop you, Samson beat Thing when he was weaker than he was now. But Thing wins just because Riv says so. Right?

riv6672
He certainly doesnt lose because abhi says so.

riv6672
Let me save you some time.

Shut up.

abhilegend
Excellent advice for yourself. Do us all a favor and shut up.

abhilegend
He certainly doesnt lose because abhi says so.
He does because Samson has beaten him in the past. Not because I say so.

Khazra Reborn
I seem to recall Samson embarrassing She-Hulk towards the end of Loeb's Red shit debacle.

Plus, Samson's first fight with Hulk was better than Ben has ever done.

Stoic
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
I seem to recall Samson embarrassing She-Hulk towards the end of Loeb's Red shit debacle.

Plus, Samson's first fight with Hulk was better than Ben has ever done.

Seriously? Have you seen the wars that Ben has had with the Hulk? They have had fights that have lasted for entire issues if I recall correctly.

Khazra Reborn
Samson's first fight with Hulk lasted a few issues. Plus he knocked Hulk out, which Ben has never done.

Stoic
Ben actually won his first fight with the Hulk, from what I remember.

zopzop
Originally posted by Stoic
Seriously? Have you seen the wars that Ben has had with the Hulk? They have had fights that have lasted for entire issues if I recall correctly.
He,Samson, was also holding his own vs Wonderman/Hercules/Iron Man/Namor (dehyrated some).

Bentley
Ha, Samson beats Thing to death.

When did the battle happen? How many upgrades did Thing have since then? Three? Four? eek!

zopzop
Originally posted by Bentley
When did the battle happen? How many upgrades did Thing have since then? Three? Four? eek!
Doc Samson also had his unleashed form and like I said before he admitted he held back/doubted himself throughout his hero career.

Bentley
Doc Samson also had his unleashed form and like I said before he admitted he held back/doubted himself throughout his hero career.

I'm well aware of that, which is why he puts up a fight at all wink

zopzop
I'm well aware of that, which is why he puts up a fight at all wink
His unleashed form is overkill. Doc fighting like he means it, which he admitted on panel he never did before, would be more than a match for Ben, sorry.

Stoic
His unleashed form is overkill. Doc fighting like he means it, which he admitted on panel he never did before, would be more than a match for Ben, sorry.

I can agree that power, and superior strength wins the day a lot of the times, but not always. Ability, and experience must factor in somewhere, and Ben has more on panel, and general fighting experience than Samson does.

He,Samson, was also holding his own vs Wonderman/Hercules/Iron Man/Namor (dehyrated some).

You don't seriously believe that they were going all out on him do you? Come on man.

riv6672
Excellent advice for yourself. Do us all a favor and shut up.
You realize this means you were just talking to yourself?

Actually that's what you usually do anyway, its not like you're apt to change your mind or pay attention to anyone else's points.

Or Topic:
Ben has way better feats, experience, and skill if thats what's needed to "get a win" here, if only by sheer number of battles over Samson.

Bentley

He's not on par with Abomination in that form. I don't see him getting a majority on Namor either (which Thing has done, even beating him on ocasion). Where exactly do you think he stands? Iron Clad level? A-Bomb's?

Tony Stark

Scans please...

GroggyGrunt
I'd see a split....Samson is stronger, Thing is more skilled. I think the gap in their skill is bigger than the gap in their strength, though....so I guess 6-7/10 Thing, if I had to choose.

tkitna

He's beaten the Hulk too.

krisblaze
I'm liking Samson for this.

Loeb Samson was retarded (like all of Loeb's characters), but not unfeasible. Ellis laid the groundwork for unleashed Samson years before that.

riv6672
Originally posted by GroggyGrunt
I'd see a split....Samson is stronger, Thing is more skilled. I think the gap in their skill is bigger than the gap in their strength, though....so I guess 6-7/10 Thing, if I had to choose.
I can agree with this.

Originally posted by tkitna
He's beaten the Hulk too.
Add this to my list on pg1. Another match up not to bother with here. wink

abhilegend
Not enough upgrades to last against Samson.Originally posted by Stoic
That has never happened. Thing always plays up his speed against Hulk. In his most famous fight against Hulk in FF 112, Hulk landed only three/four hits on him and all but one were glancing blows. The last one actually sent Thing into coma.Originally posted by riv6672
You realize this means you were just talking to yourself?

Actually that's what you usually do anyway, its not like you're apt to change your mind or pay attention to anyone else's points.

Or Topic:
Ben has way better feats, experience, and skill if thats what's needed to "get a win" here, if only by sheer number of battles over Samson.
Samson has fought Hulk for six hours straight.

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Strength/MindlessHulkStamina02317.jpg

Thing would be lucky to survive five minute against that mindless Hulk.

Bentley
Again, still weaker than Abomination, he'd would still go down against Namor (who is in Thing's class just fine).

People who give the win to Samson seem to think he's a pushover like Colossus mmm

abhilegend
Again, still weaker than Abomination, he'd would still go down against Namor (who is in Thing's class just fine).

People who give the win to Samson seem to think he's a pushover like Colossus mmm
That's some funny ABC comparison. Namor fluctuates wildly, Namor from his own series would assrape Thing. He was equal to Hercules in strength when he beat Abomination.

krisblaze

Despite being weaker, Samson still fought Hulk for six hours. THAT is skill.

Besides, Samson's durability is a few notches above the Thing's, imo.

Bentley
That's some funny ABC comparison. Namor fluctuates wildly, Namor from his own series would assrape Thing. He was equal to Hercules in strength when he beat Abomination.

Thing has defeated Namor recently and through their history their victories go back and forth. I don't abide by the logic that has Namor always jobbing when he doesn't defeat Thing, with that logic Surfer could theoretically defeat Thanos because he "always jobs" against him thumb down

Originally posted by krisblaze

Samson should have a durability edge, but with his established fightin ability Thing will be dealing much more damage than he's receiving.

DarkSaint85
Not enough upgrades to last against Samson.
That has never happened. Thing always plays up his speed against Hulk. In his most famous fight against Hulk in FF 112, Hulk landed only three/four hits on him and all but one were glancing blows. The last one actually sent Thing into coma.
Samson has fought Hulk for six hours straight.

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Hulk%20Strength/MindlessHulkStamina02317.jpg

Thing would be lucky to survive five minute against that mindless Hulk.

So a calm Hulk is class 75 or so?

DarkSaint85

Depends. if they're just trading haymakers for 6 hours straight, it's more a testament to his durability/HF.

So even if Thing deals more damage, Samson will just heal up. Ben won't.

krisblaze
If you check out the fight you'll see Samson basically blitz him half the time.

So a calm Hulk is class 75 or so?

Calm Hulk doesn't exist on KMC.

On KMC the Savage Hulk is always around Thor/Hercules level (he's never been that strong wink )

abhilegend
Thing has defeated Namor recently and through their history their victories go back and forth. I don't abide by the logic that has Namor always jobbing when he doesn't defeat Thing, with that logic Surfer could theoretically defeat Thanos because he "always jobs" against him thumb down

Samson should have a durability edge, but with his established fightin ability Thing will be dealing much more damage than he's receiving.
Namor has oneshotted Thing before. Recently everybody and his mother has beaten Namor. He isn't what he used to be.

But Thing has never KOED a full power Namor.

riv6672
A skillful Thing doesnt exist on KMC.

For SOME people.

abhilegend
He doesn't exist in comics too FYI.

riv6672
abhi is one of those people. laughing

abhilegend
Who have actually read comics starring Thing and is not talking from just his pre-conceptions?

Because as always you'll start crying when I'll ask for these "alleged" skills showings of Thing. So I won't.

riv6672
smile

Bentley
Namor has oneshotted Thing before. Recently everybody and his mother has beaten Namor. He isn't what he used to be.

But Thing has never KOED a full power Namor.

Trying to lowball Namor to make Samson sound better isn't the way to argue here.

Ok, so I guess you want me to find one of those kos so you can try to look for excuses for Namor being weakened? We can play that game but... Will it even matter? Do you really care about Thing vs Namor or you'll just side with Samson anyways?

zopzop
Trying to lowball Namor to make Samson sound better isn't the way to argue here.

Ok, so I guess you want me to find one of those kos so you can try to look for excuses for Namor being weakened? We can play that game but... Will it even matter? Do you really care about Thing vs Namor or you'll just side with Samson anyways?
Yes, please post those fights in context. This should be interesting.

riv6672

My GOD, i'm not the only one who sees this! big grin

GroggyGrunt
Something has been bugging me about the "Samson vs. Hulk" argument, and I finally managed to dig out the comic that caused it. It's a Spider-Man comic where Samson gets infected with a "gamma virus" that releases all of his hostility and reservation, after which he promptly goes hunting for the Hulk (who just so happens to be in the same city at the moment...and this is Professor Hulk we're talking).

A no-holding-back, enraged Samson gets put down in 3 pages (4 if you count one panel when Samson initially attacks) by Professor Hulk.

I think there's some PIS in that and I still think Samson is a bit stronger than Thing...but I also think his strength is getting overhyped here.

Tony Stark
Who have actually read comics starring Thing and is not talking from just his pre-conceptions?

Because as always you'll start crying when I'll ask for these "alleged" skills showings of Thing. So I won't.

You're joking right...? I've read 85% of the books that Ben has been in since his inception. And I've never seen Sampson beat him.

Ben has beaten HULK a small handful of times and KO'd him twice. He's beaten Namor twice as many times as he's lost to him and he's KO'd him more than once and he's never been one shotted by him that's BS. You may have been thinking about Ultimate characters, and it still never happened . You have seen the MARVEL 2-n-1 Annual #7 right? Sampson WAS in that issue, you may want to check it out. Ben has also went through most of the Avengers at once in one issue. And FTR Ben is mid CL100 Sampson is nowhere near that.

Sampson is NOT in Ben's class... end of lesson.

riv6672
I liked that annual. Showed what Ben brings to a fight.

krisblaze
Samson was unphased by Moonstone's best in Thunderbolts, as well as Penance's larger blasts.

Both of those were beastly in Ellis' run.

tkitna
Originally posted by Tony Stark
You're joking right...? I've read 85% of the books that Ben has been in since his inception. And I've never seen Sampson beat him.

Ben has beaten HULK a small handful of times and KO'd him twice. He's beaten Namor twice as many times as he's lost to him and he's KO'd him more than once and he's never been one shotted by him that's BS. You may have been thinking about Ultimate characters, and it still never happened . You have seen the MARVEL 2-n-1 Annual #7 right? Sampson WAS in that issue, you may want to check it out. Ben has also went through most of the Avengers at once in one issue. And FTR Ben is mid CL100 Sampson is nowhere near that.

Tony, I think you might be in error on some of this. Namor has indeed one shotted Ben and that was when he was in his Pineapple stage (i'll try to find the scan). I don't like it either, but it happened. I also think Sampson is at least as strong as Benjy and probably more so.

All things considered though, I still feel Ben wins this after a long battle.

tkitna
http://i378.photobucket.com/albums/oo227/wilcat92/Namora/NamorAnn1-50NastyNat.jpg

abhilegend

So you don't have any scan of Namor vs Thing fights where Thing has KOED him, right? Gotcha.Originally posted by Tony Stark

I doubt that you'll even see the page where Samson beat Thing. I'll have to check out the comics and will get back to you.

Thing has NEVER beaten the hulk. I dare you to show a scene where Thing beat Hulk when hulk wasn't weakened or being assisted by Fantastic Four. He has never KOED Namor. And Namor has oneshotted pineapple Thing in Namor annual 1, koed 616 Thing in one punch in Heroes Reborn etc.

And thing would be lucky to be class 90. He's never been class 100. GTFO with that BS.

riv6672
This is just more abhi double talk.
Considering i've seen you claim victories for say, off the top of my head, random character...Superman, multiple times during team fights, and your definition of weakened differs from character to character/point you're trying to make to point you're trying to make, your caveats here are highly hypocritical.

abhilegend
This is just more abhi double talk.
Considering i've seen you claim victories for say, off the top of my head, random character...Superman, multiple times during team fights, and your definition of weakened differs from character to character/point you're trying to make to point you're trying to make, your caveats here are highly hypocritical.
When have I said anything like that? I specify when a character is weakened.

And why are you bringing up Superman here? Is that like your OCD?

riv6672
Pot. kettle.

abhilegend
Pot. kettle.
So you're just crying after I asked you a proof? Again!

If you're not man enough to provide proofs to your claims, just say so.

Kazenji
The Thing "Has" only beaten Hulk under special conditions

so i don't know why your huffing & puffing about this riv66.

riv6672
So you're just crying after I asked you a proof? Again!

If you're not man enough to provide proofs to your claims, just say so.
Not at all, you're either missing the point i made or ignoring/deflecting so as not to deal with it.
Most likely the latter.

All i'm saying is, if you have no problem claiming victory for one character who fights another in a team fight, or fights a weakened character, then calling foul when talking about a different character is hypocritical on your part.

Originally posted by Kazenji
The Thing "Has" only beaten Hulk under special conditions

so i don't know why your huffing & puffing about this riv66.
And i dont know you at all, so i'm not going to spend time explaining my conversation with abhi.
You can catch yourself up easily enough if you care to.

Bentley
So you don't have any scan of Namor vs Thing fights where Thing has KOED him, right? Gotcha.

I no longer have scans in this computer, I ask you a question out of intellectual honesty to have an argument with you and you reply with a line like this. I know people give you a hard time often so I don't take it personally, but I'd appreciate if you didn't think I'm just trying to taunt you.

You came saying that Namor was a pushover now, so maybe you consider that it wouldn't matter if Thing punked him. Would you change your stance on this battle if Thing actually defeated Namor in a fair battle? Because if you wouldn't I'm not going to waste my time bringing that proof, since Namor isn't featured in this thread.

For the benefit of the people in this thread I should gather some showings for Thing one way or another, but if nobody is waiting for my reply then I can take my sweet time like the lazy poster I am stick out tongue

abhilegend
I no longer have scans in this computer, I ask you a question out of intellectual honesty to have an argument with you and you reply with a line like this. I know people give you a hard time often so I don't take it personally, but I'd appreciate if you didn't think I'm just trying to taunt you.

You came saying that Namor was a pushover now, so maybe you consider that it wouldn't matter if Thing punked him. Would you change your stance on this battle if Thing actually defeated Namor in a fair battle? Because if you wouldn't I'm not going to waste my time bringing that proof, since Namor isn't featured in this thread.

For the benefit of the people in this thread I should gather some showings for Thing one way or another, but if nobody is waiting for my reply then I can take my sweet time like the lazy poster I am stick out tongue
I know everyone of Thing vs Namor battles so I know what you'll bring up. But sure, if you can show me a fight where Thing has KOED Namor, I'll change my stance and give it a split between these two.Originally posted by riv6672
Not at all, you're either missing the point i made or ignoring/deflecting so as not to deal with it.
Most likely the latter.

All i'm saying is, if you have no problem claiming victory for one character who fights another in a team fight, or fights a weakened character, then calling foul when talking about a different character is hypocritical on your part.

And i dont know you at all, so i'm not going to spend time explaining my conversation with abhi.
So what instances are those? Thread and page please.

As it is, its just empty talk from you.

Sin I AM
http://hero-envy.blogspot.com/2012/04/hulk-vs-thing.html?m=1

This should clear up thing and hulks fights. He breaks down every match with scans and unbiased narrative

krisblaze
Originally posted by Sin I AM

This should clear up thing and hulks fights. He breaks down every match with scans and unbiased narrative
What? That site is absolute shite.

The guy forces this ridiculous "middle ground fallacy" on every single matchup.

That, and his tally count is retarded smile

Sin I AM
What? That site is absolute shite.

The guy forces this ridiculous "middle ground fallacy" on every single matchup.

That, and his tally count is retarded smile

Meh his summary seemed unbiased to me. Also he backed up his over view with scenes and context. I don't see your gripe

abhilegend

That site is completely shit. The guy counts Captain Marvel KOing Earth-2 Superman when he was a lot weaker than real Superman as a win because apparently every superman in every reality has the same power level or some shit.

krisblaze
Meh his summary seemed unbiased to me. Also he backed up his over view with scenes and context. I don't see your gripe
He'll use SOME versions with different powersets, but not all.

He'll tally wins mid-fight if the opponent is knocked far enough away, even if the opponent can and does return immediately.

He'll tally some wins to character if they achieve their goal, even if said goal has nothing to do with winning the fight.

He accounts for characters holding back some of the time, but not all.

He'll tally wins against characters who are depowered.

He'll tally wins in cases where it's a team vs 1 character.

And through all of this he is generally inconsistent.

And like I said, you only think he's unbiased because he presents his argument as the middle ground between two extremes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_to_moderation

Sin I AM
That site is completely shit. The guy counts Captain Marvel KOing Earth-2 Superman when he was a lot weaker than real Superman as a win because apparently every superman in every reality has the same power level or some shit.

Like i said in the hulk vs thing breakdowns, his summaries are unbiased and have backing. He even states how most "wins" in things favor are simply technicalities as he had help. Not seeing a gripe here.

juggernaut74
Ben wins.

Bentley
Like i said in the hulk vs thing breakdowns, his summaries are unbiased and have backing. He even states how most "wins" in things favor are simply technicalities as he had help. Not seeing a gripe here.

I've read that site, Thing's battles listed at wins should be stalemates for the most part.

riv6672
abhi's winners must CRUSH their enemies, so he can vicariously see them driven before him, and hear the lamentation of their women.
THAT is best in a fanboy's life. smile

h1a8
Thing is stronger now than he was in the past. He wins this imo

Tony Stark

You beat me to it... I was going to post this site wink The only reason abhi doesn't like the site is because it doesn't fit his narrative.

And as far as Ben's strength how about this one...

http://zak-site.com/Great-American-Novel/ff_thing.html

Bentley
Tony, knocking down Hulk just means you're boa level.

Koing Namor >>> koing Hulk stick out tongue

riv6672
^haha

Good link, too!

abhilegend
You beat me to it... I was going to post this site wink The only reason abhi doesn't like the site is because it doesn't fit his narrative.

And as far as Ben's strength how about this one...

http://zak-site.com/Great-American-Novel/ff_thing.html
No, I don't like that site because its biased as hell.Originally posted by Bentley

You've yet to show me Thing KOing Namor.

mmm

DarkSaint85
Thing and Namor, sitting in a tree.

K.I.S.S.I.N.G.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/10/103530/2389212-8.png

Angy makeup hate sex. The best kind.

Kazenji

Ehh..i wasn't referring about abhi's rants

what's your proof about Thing having any chance's against Hulk, Without having any special conditions in place.

Bentley
No, I don't like that site because its biased as hell.
You've yet to show me Thing KOing Namor.

mmm

Maybe the feat doesn't exist, but at least you give me a fair chance to argue about it!

I'll win this retcon style when Thing koes Namor in about three years cool

abhilegend
Maybe the feat doesn't exist, but at least you give me a fair chance to argue about it!

I'll win this retcon style when Thing koes Namor in about three years cool
laughing out loud

zopzop
No, I don't like that site because its biased as hell.

Abhi, my friend, you realize that in this case, it actually supports what you've been saying regarding the Hulk vs Thing?

riv6672
Originally posted by Kazenji
Ehh..i wasn't referring about abhi's rants
and yet you referenced hum directly.

what's your proof about Thing having any chance's against Hulk, Without having any special conditions in place.
if the arguments made and examples given havent done for you, i dont feel inclined to try and change your mind. Again, dont know you, though you come across as someone i'm okay with having that status.

wink

abhilegend
Abhi, my friend, you realize that in this case, it actually supports what you've been saying regarding the Hulk vs Thing?
About? Its just using some random examples and leaves out the fights where Hulk has actually oneshotted Thing.

zopzop
About? Its just using some random examples and leaves out the fights where Hulk has actually oneshotted Thing.
About Thing never beating Hulk without help.

abhilegend
About Thing never beating Hulk without help.
He got that right. I'll give him that.

Tony Stark
Scans please...

Stiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiill waiting...

HulkIsHulk
Originally posted by Stoic
Ben actually won his first fight with the Hulk, from what I remember.
well he did if you consider someone else coming in and knocking out the hulk with a cheapshot

HulkIsHulk

Koing Namor = Old man with metal pipe

Any boa > Old man

Tony Stark

STILL awaiting the scans

DarkSaint85
Wow, Tony Stark, you actually return to threads! You must be super confident this time, unlike all the other threads where you post once and never return...

Bentley
Wow, Tony Stark, you actually return to threads! You must be super confident this time, unlike all the other threads where you post once and never return...

You and your Tony Stark stalking.

DarkSaint85
Its an obsession.

Tony Stark

Fortunately or unfortunately I don't have much more time available to do much more than check in every other day. To see how much bullsh!t is flying that needs to corrected.

And I've never seen ANY fight between the two.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.