Sheev vs Plagueis and Maul

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

NewGuy01
No description available.

FreshestSlice
lol, Sheev takes all. Sheev blitzes. Sheev lolstomps.

The_Tempest
A Sheevstomp?

Nargaroth
Sheev? You mean Palpatine's name? What an idiotic name they gave him. No wonder he doesn't tell anyone.

ares834
This Sheev in his prime?

Nephthys
Maul might prove minorly distracting enough to give Plagueis the edge.

FreshestSlice
Sheev ragdolls Maul, tbh

Nephthys
I did say minorly distracting.

carthage
Bane gets humiliated

Marco1907
sidious speeedblitzzssdigfgsdfdsf

Q99
Sheev can take either individually, but I think combined is too much for Sheev...

red8
Maul SLAUGHTERHOUSE SOLOES... from a certain point of view.

Using the Anakin/Vader being two different people logic, Sheev died when Plagueis gave him his Darth title and Sidious was born.

Sheev, at his prime, managed to kill his family and wilt some flowers.

Team stomps.

carthage
The Emperor wins this with difficulty due to Plagueis.

He can conceivably take Maul out via the force.

Revanchiste
Sidious. V.S his equal and maul..................
Plageuis and maul !!!!

Marco1907
In all seriousness,

Team wins.

Originally posted by Nephthys
Maul might prove minorly distracting enough to give Plagueis the edge.

thumb up

Arhael
Originally posted by carthage
The Emperor wins this with difficulty due to Plagueis.

He can conceivably take Maul out via the force.
In order to do that Sidious KOed Opress first with a kick, which gave him full focus on Maul. I don't think Plagueis would be as easy to take out of action. Even then it's not a guaranty that his Force attacks will be successful.

carthage
Originally posted by Arhael
In order to do that Sidious KOed Opress first with a kick, which gave him full focus on Maul. I don't think Plagueis would be as easy to take out of action. Even then it's not a guaranty that his Force attacks will be successful.

Plagueis is infinitely more powerful than Savage, Sidious isnt overpowering him Via tk so that is a bad example. Also Sidious already dominated Savage and couldve killed him at any point, the only reason he cant do it to Plagueis is he approaches him in power. He's already shown the precedent for dominating him with the force, he can do so again and beat Plagueis via a hardfought duel

ILS
What version of Sidious is this?

Jmanghan
Oh dear jesus, just call him palpatine, I have no idea who came up with the name "Sheev". It sounds like a slang term for throwing up, or taking a shit. "Dude, I gotta go take a Sheev."

Q99
Plagueis is infinitely more powerful than Savage, Sidious isnt overpowering him Via tk so that is a bad example. Also Sidious already dominated Savage and couldve killed him at any point, the only reason he cant do it to Plagueis is he approaches him in power. He's already shown the precedent for dominating him with the force, he can do so again and beat Plagueis via a hardfought duel

Sidious still had to split up Maul and Opress to be in a position where he could kill at any time.

Granted, splitting them up wasn't too hard for him, but when they were both attacking he didn't have nearly the same degree of edge he did when it was solo.

NewGuy01
That's not true, though. Filoni said he could have ended the fight at any point.

carthage
Any version of Sidious could stomp Maul

ILS
Any version of Sidious could stomp Maul I know. But say this is TPM Sidious, if the starting distance is close enough Plagueis can engage Sidious with enough pressure as to prevent Maul from being stomped right away.

If Maul can run interference for long enough I can see the duo winning.

carthage
Im assuming its ROTS or DE. TPM Sidious would lose to Plagueis

NewGuy01
Why not even the odds? Let's say it's TPM Sidious, but after he killed Plagueis and received the power boost.

Lord Stark
Plagueis wins up until AOTCs Sidious imo.

Marco1907
Any version of Sidious could stomp Maul

Young Palpatine get stomps by Maul.

Originally posted by Q99
Sidious still had to split up Maul and Opress to be in a position where he could kill at any time.

Granted, splitting them up wasn't too hard for him, but when they were both attacking he didn't have nearly the same degree of edge he did when it was solo.

After re-watching the fight, I think Sidious couldn't defeat the brothers without using the force attacks.

-7hBZNsPnyg

-2.22 he needed to pull them with the force

-2.47 he needed to knock out Maul with the force

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Lord Stark
Plagueis wins up until AOTCs Sidious imo.

Any reason?

DarthAnt66
Maul dies

Arhael
I think you misunderstood me. My implication was that Sidious won't be able to take out Maul with Force, Plagueis will keep him too busy for that. I agree that Plagueis will be more challenging than Opress.

Trocity
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Maul dies

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by NewGuy01
That's not true, though. Filoni said he could have ended the fight at any point.

No he didn't.

SIDIOUS 66
I don't know why people assume Sidious needed to split them up to defeat them, considering how Sidious was outpacing them by a significant margin, and constantly pausing, giving them opportunity to strategize their next moves (which is plenty of time to use the force if he needed to split them up) before they were split up. Sidious using the force on Maul was because he put himself in a disadvantage position by deactivating his sabers mid-duel and doing a stunt while Maul was right in front of him, which resulted with Sidious on one knee, sabers still deactivated, and not in combat stance, which Maul tried to take advantage of, causing Sidious to respond with the force. Other than that, Sidious was stomping them pretty hard despite being outnumbered, and there's absolutely nothing to suggest he had to split them up to finish them.

Q99, you constantly assert that armored Krayt stomped Cade just because he pierced his guard, but don't use that same logic with Sidious against the brothers, despite the fact that Sidious was piercing their guards throughout the fight and wasn't fighting to kill Maul, similar to Krayt wanting to take Cade alive.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
Q99, you constantly assert that armored Krayt stomped Cade just because he pierced his guard, but don't use that same logic with Sidious against the brothers, despite the fact that Sidious was piercing their guards throughout the fight and wasn't fighting to kill Maul, similar to Krayt wanting to take Cade alive.

If I didn't know any better, I'd say you were accusing Q of double standards when it comes to Legacy characters.

That doesn't sound at all like him.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/12a18107038d71a45a40ea837d372944/tumblr_n0jziugHnp1qzr7woo1_400.gif

Nephthys
Q has always been very fair and even-handed.

The_Tempest
Q has always been very fair and even-handed.

Of course he has.

http://i.imgur.com/dSmjDNJ.gif

SIDIOUS 66
Originally posted by The_Tempest
If I didn't know any better, I'd say you were accusing Q of double standards when it comes to Legacy characters.

That doesn't sound at all like him.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/12a18107038d71a45a40ea837d372944/tumblr_n0jziugHnp1qzr7woo1_400.gif

What Neph said. Q is pretty fair, just as Neph is. Lol

The_Tempest
Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
What Neph said. Q is pretty fair, just as Neph is. Lol

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/2014-02/enhanced/webdr02/6/9/anigif_enhanced-15665-1391697642-10.gif

carthage
Q isnt that bad lmao, putting a loser like Bane on Sidious tier is a whole other level of stupidity

The_Tempest
Q's really not that bad, but he is a bit silly when it comes to juxtaposing Krayt and Sheev.

I chalk it up to sheer jealousy over the fact that Sheev is better than Krayt. More powerful, successful, intelligent, skilled, dangerous, handsome, etc.

Nephthys
I assure you chaps, Q is far less duplicitous than I am.

carthage
Smarter too

The_Tempest

Yes, we are well aware of the zany depths to which your jealousy over Sheev has driven you. uhuh

SIDIOUS 66

I disagree. You are the most reasonable and fairest of them all.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by The_Tempest

I chalk it up to sheer jealousy over the fact that Sheev is better than Krayt. More..... handsome, etc.

Krayt must be seriously Ugly.

The_Tempest
goddammit, wrong .gif

http://epn.tv/wp-post-thumbnail/2013/08/e6StX8.jpg

DARTH POWER
LOL

Emperordmb
I think it's entirely up for debate whether or not Sidious was holding back against the brothers saber wise, or whether or not he needed to split them up to out duel them.

carthage
I guess laughing and completely dominating them with the force wasn't good enough of a sign for some bright minds in this thread.

Emperordmb
I didn't say anything about the force though. It was plainly obvious that he could end the fight at any time he wanted with the force, but I was referring to a pure saber duel.

carthage
In a saber duel it was clear that he fought faster than Maul could perceive in the book, and could at any time by virtue of being faster blitzed them. This is kind of supported by his feats elsewhere?

Emperordmb
I said it was up for debate, not that I personally believed that.

Marco1907
In a saber duel it was clear that he fought faster than Maul could perceive in the book, and could at any time by virtue of being faster blitzed them. This is kind of supported by his feats elsewhere?

Book is non-canon, TV show is canon.

And no, even book says Maul can perceive Sidious's top speed but he can't keep up with his speed entirely, dodging from his two attack in one-on-one duel is more than enough.

And here, there is Plagueis, who can easily tag Sidious's top speed. Maul can do much better in 2 v 1 here.

carthage
Originally posted by Marco1907
Book is non-canon, TV show is canon.

And no, even book says Maul can perceive Sidious's top speed but he can't keep up with his speed entirely, dodging from his two attack in one-on-one duel is more than enough.

And here, there is Plagueis, who can easily tag Sidious's top speed. Maul can do much better in 2 v 1 here.

He moved his sabers so fast they appeared as a blur and when he could track them they overwhelmed his senses in terms of how many he could perceive. Sidious is faster than Maul by a great deal

DARTH POWER
He moved his sabers so fast they appeared as a blur and when he could track them they overwhelmed his senses in terms of how many he could perceive. Sidious is faster than Maul by a great deal

Yeah except that never happened. They fought at the same speed in their final fight. Sidious disarmed him by simply being stronger.

The novel doesn't even note Maul also using Dual Sabers in that final fight. So quoting that is about as useful as quoting Dooku Ko'ing Kenobi with a flying kick in ROTS.

ILS
I think this forum would have a better time if the rules permitted us to debate Legends Canon separately from New Canon if we choose. Because frankly I don't really care for the animations or even the films in comparison to the novels, comics and other material, and I'm tired of puerile arguments about what is canon and what isn't.

Marco1907

I didn't say Sidious is not faster by a great deal. I just said he can perceive. How can you dodge from something twice (especially in one-on-one) , if you can't even perceive ? Clearly Jason Fry stated there TCW Darth Maul become noticeably faster than TPM Darth Maul, but it was still not enough for keeping up with Darth Sidious.

Kit Fisto managed to perceive Sidious's top speed (unlike Saesee and Tiin did), but he still failed to keep up with vaapad amped Windu and Sidious.

ILS
Jason Fry didn't say anything along the lines of Maul being "noticeably" faster. He just agreed with you that Maul became more powerful "in general". That statement is actually up to personal interpretation in many ways. But it wasn't really enough of a boost in speed to suggest that Sidious couldn't still speedblitz him. Going by Legends Canon, anyway. You know, like Shadow Conspiracy is a part of, which was written by none other than Jason Fry. Lol.

Trocity
Originally posted by ILS
I think this forum would have a better time if the rules permitted us to debate Legends Canon separately from New Canon if we choose. Because frankly I don't really care for the animations or even the films in comparison to the novels, comics and other material, and I'm tired of puerile arguments about what is canon and what isn't.

I concur

Emperordmb
Originally posted by ILS
Even in Legends, T>C

Nephthys
Lol @ Maul and Sidious being the same speed.

appletonia
Who the **** is Sheev??

Emperordmb
Originally posted by appletonia
Who the **** is Sheev??
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=603090&highlight=sheev

WollfMyth
Sidious owns. He STOMPED Maul and Savage before they even fought when he was holding him up to the window. He could have just killed them there, but he humored them and laughed at them and let them attack him. Plagueis' skill with the Lightsaber is minimal and he is the least skilled, while Maul is the least powerful. Plagueis has comparable speed, however Sidious can ragdoll Maul with the Force and fend off Plagueis with the saber and then go ahead to kill him to.
A more interesting battle would be Count Dooku and Plagueis VS Sidious.

Marco1907
Originally posted by WollfMyth
Sidious owns. He STOMPED Maul and Savage before they even fought when he was holding him up to the window. He could have just killed them there, but he humored them and laughed at them and let them attack him. Plagueis' skill with the Lightsaber is minimal and he is the least skilled, while Maul is the least powerful. Plagueis has comparable speed, however Sidious can ragdoll Maul with the Force and fend off Plagueis with the saber and then go ahead to kill him to.
A more interesting battle would be Count Dooku and Plagueis VS Sidious.

Your logic fails at incredible degree, you are claming that Sidious can ragdoll Maul and yet not Dooku. However Dooku is the one get force choke from another planet in canon, not Maul. (Dooku was caught off guard, just like the Brothers when Sidious attack them first)

Both Maul and Dooku can be a enough distraction for Sidious to give Plaguies an advantage.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.