Quickdraw contest

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

RJ 2.0
The following movie characters are set to compete in a quickdraw contest, "Quick and the Dead" style:

From "The Quick and the Dead": The Kid, the Lady, Cort and Herod.

From "Tombstone": Doc Holliday and Johnny Ringo.

From "Wanted": Wesley Gibson and Fox.

From "Young Guns": Billy the Kid and his crew.

From "The Outlaw Josey Wales": Josey Wales.

From "The Amazing Spider Man": Peter Parker.

From the Star Wars movies: Anakin Skywalker, Obi Wan Kenobi, Han Solo, Jango Fett, Boba Fett and Zam Wessell.

From "The Expendables": Barney Ross.

Stipulations for each character/s, listed by franchise:

For The Quick and the Dead characters: They have the guns they had in their movie.

For the Tombstone characters: They have the pistols they had in their movies.

For the Wanted characters: They are armed with Peacemaker revolvers.

For the Young Guns characters: They are armed with Peacemaker pistols.

For Josey Wales: He is armed with his pistols.

For Peter Parker: He is armed with a Peacemaker. He is allowed one hour to get accustomed to the weapon.

For the Star Wars characters: Same as Parker, see above.

Barney Ross: He is armed with his revolver.

Stipulations for ALL characters: No acrobatic BS. No Force powers (other than precog.) No webbing. This is an old west gunfight, with each gunfighter standing 30 feet from each other. The rules from "The Quick and the Dead" apply. They must stand their ground and fight.

Who wins?

KingD19
Spidey is far and away the fastest person here by a very large margin. There's a real life guy who can draw his gun and shoot twice in a few hundreths of a second. Spidey blasts all of these guys before they clear their holster.

Robtard
Yeah, the guy with the super-human reaction-time and speed has the clear advantage. Spider-Man

Then Obi Wan as a very close second if he's allowed his Force-enhanced reaction-time.

As far as normal humans go, Josey Wales stares them down, spits and shoots them all dead.

marwash22
never seen the movie, so i don't know how this works. Are they standing in a circle and they just starting shooting and the last man standing wins?

They aren't allow to dodge, so this is odd. If we're to assume they all have common knowledge of each other, it's logical that everyone would target Spidey first... he may very well kill 2 or three people due to being faster than everyone else on the field, but I'm not seeing how he wins this if he just has to stand there and shoot w/o dodging.

My money would be on Wesley due to adrenaline boost and accuracy... he could just shoot his opponent's bullets out of the air.

This isn't a good thread, imo, because there's no way to give a definitive answer... seems like it would come down to luck. If everyone gangs up on the big targets first (Spidey, Wesley and the Jedi), one of the least skilled people would probably win.

Robtard
No, in "Quick and the Dead" (which was crap) it was two fighters facing off at a time in an duel elimination style.

http://i.imgur.com/n1jjc.png

marwash22
oh. so the OP needs to give us matchups.

heh, nevermind, it doesnt matter; if this is one on one matchups, Spidey wins. Even with adrenaline boost I don't think Wesley can draw quick enough to shoot Spidey's bullets down.

Robtard
Shit, didn't notice Wanted people. SM still takes it.

RJ 2.0
Originally posted by Robtard
Yeah, the guy with the super-human reaction-time and speed has the clear advantage. Spider-Man

Then Obi Wan as a very close second if he's allowed his Force-enhanced reaction-time.

As far as normal humans go, Josey Wales stares them down, spits and shoots them all dead. For the record, this is not ASM, this is SM.

Also, Parker has zero gun experience, you really think he can become efficient with a Peacemaker in an hour? I am leaning towards the cowboys here, they are uber efficient with the guns listed.

My money is on Cort.

Time Immemorial
Cort>Doc>Billy in close concession.

RJ 2.0
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Cort>Doc>Billy in close concession. Logic, but I think Ringo>Billy.

Robtard
Originally posted by RJ 2.0
For the record, this is not ASM, this is SM.

Also, Parker has zero gun experience, you really think he can become efficient with a Peacemaker in an hour? I am leaning towards the cowboys here, they are uber efficient with the guns listed.

My money is on Cort.

You said it was ASM in the OP

But going with Tobey, Parker has this level (02:10) of time perception. Plenty enough to counter that he's not skilled at shooting a gun.

J4S723Xa04Y

KingD19
For someone of either Peter's intelligcence and rapid ability to learn and adapt. 60 minutes is more than enough time to learn the basics of a revolver and how to point and shoot.

And Rob is right, you pointed out it's Amazing Spider-Man, not Tobey. Why change it now?

Placidity
Spiderman or Wanted

RJ 2.0
Originally posted by KingD19
For someone of either Peter's intelligcence and rapid ability to learn and adapt. 60 minutes is more than enough time to learn the basics of a revolver and how to point and shoot.

And Rob is right, you pointed out it's Amazing Spider-Man, not Tobey. Why change it now? That was a typo I was trying to say it's Tobey, not ASM.

And no, being smart does not mean one can master a revolver in one hour. There's more to it than pointing and shooting.

RJ 2.0
You said it was ASM in the OP

But going with Tobey, Parker has this level (02:10) of time perception. Plenty enough to counter that he's not skilled at shooting a gun.

J4S723Xa04Y So you think Parker can become a proficient quickdraw in an hour?

KingD19
There's more to Quickdraw than pointing and shooting, but once you figure out the basics of a Revolver(which isn't hard, especially for someone that smart), his natural abilities would make it extremely easy to pull, aim, and shoot at a much higher speed than everyone on this list.

Robtard
So you think Parker can become a proficient quickdraw in an hour?

With his massive reaction-time, speed and time-perception advantage, he only needs to become a marginally good at drawing, aiming and firing.

Only way he loses, is if he misses due to shit aim, then any of the cowboys will put a round in his chest a moment later.

RJ 2.0
With his massive reaction-time, speed and time-perception advantage, he only needs to become a marginally good at drawing, aiming and firing.

Only way he loses, is if he misses due to shit aim, then any of the cowboys will put a round in his chest a moment later. You ever go to a range? You a marksman? It takes time to develop good aim. Unless you are a "natural", which Parker is not.

He will have to figure out how to draw quickly, cock the hammer, aim from the hip and hit a target center mass at 40-50 feet. Not happening. You think Cort and Herod became quickdraw masters overnight? No. It probably took them years. FF to 8:40, look at how fast and accurate Cort is.

fr5XOeF-yz8

And here, FF to , look at how fast and accurate Kid is.

N-ApVF8OVxI

No doubt Parker can draw as fast if not faster, but firing from the hip and hitting a target 50ish feet away? Not gonna happen.

Robtard
You ever go to a range? You a marksman?

Yes. 100% accuracy on every shot I've ever fired.

KingD19
As fast as Spidey is, he doesn't need to shoot from the hip. He can draw and raise his gun fully out, and aim with both hands before anyone pretty much can clear their holster. And 50 feet away is the standard for a quickdraw now?

And he's accurate enough to attach his webs to the corners of buildings while falling through the air at several dozen miles per hour; a lot of the time he doesn't even need to look.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Spiderman shouldn't even be in the thread.. and the jedi shouldn't have precog.. cause even with out acrobatic shit.. they can still dodge and fire. with their awesome reaction times. It should only be actual gunman from movies.. That would've been a better thread. Take out Parker and the Jedi... IMO it's...

Cort... Doc... Herrod... Ringo... Wales... Billy the kid.

Tattoos N Scars
Spidey, if accurate...if not then Wesley.

Smith from shoot em up would be a good addition to the tournament.

RJ 2.0
Yes. 100% accuracy on every shot I've ever fired. Ahahahaa, lies.

RJ 2.0
As fast as Spidey is, he doesn't need to shoot from the hip. He can draw and raise his gun fully out, and aim with both hands before anyone pretty much can clear their holster. And 50 feet away is the standard for a quickdraw now?

And he's accurate enough to attach his webs to the corners of buildings while falling through the air at several dozen miles per hour; a lot of the time he doesn't even need to look. So firing webs is the same as firing a gun now?

RJ 2.0
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Spiderman shouldn't even be in the thread.. and the jedi shouldn't have precog.. cause even with out acrobatic shit.. they can still dodge and fire. with their awesome reaction times. It should only be actual gunman from movies.. That would've been a better thread. Take out Parker and the Jedi... IMO it's...

Cort... Doc... Herrod... Ringo... Wales... Billy the kid. No dodging, no acrobatics, everyone stands their ground and fights.

Robtard
Ahahahaa, lies.

Someone is jealous.

KingD19
So firing webs is the same as firing a gun now?

No, but he's accurate enough to send a web dozens of feet and hit a building while falling and flipping through the air.

Are you saying you don't think he'd be accurate with a gun given an hour? Recoil probably wouldn't even be a problem due to his strength.

RJ 2.0
No, but he's accurate enough to send a web dozens of feet and hit a building while falling and flipping through the air.

Are you saying you don't think he'd be accurate with a gun given an hour? Recoil probably wouldn't even be a problem due to his strength. Ahain, firing a web and firing a gun, apples and oranges.

That's exactly what I am saying.

Robtard
Ahain, firing a web and firing a gun, apples and oranges.

That's exactly what I am saying.

Not the same, but both require good hand-eye coordination and Spider-Man mastered his web ability very quickly, which is the point KingD making, ya goof.

NemeBro
Spidey doesn't need to shoot. He just throws the gun with enough force to decapitate his opponent.

RJ 2.0
Not the same, but both require good hand-eye coordination and Spider-Man mastered his web ability very quickly, which is the point KingD making, ya goof. Ah, so if one masters one art, they can master another just as easily?

Guess you don't remember when Michael Jordan tried to cross over to baseball.

6N8vYAVOhWU

RJ 2.0
Originally posted by NemeBro
Spidey doesn't need to shoot. He just throws the gun with enough force to decapitate his opponent. Nah, no gun throwing in my thread. Draw, aim and shoot.

Deal with it.

Robtard
Ah, so if one masters one art, they can master another just as easily?

Guess you don't remember when Michael Jordan tried to cross over to baseball.

6N8vYAVOhWU

I still feel like you're not grasping what KingD was saying.

Dreampanther
You need to remove Spider-Man from this thread to give anybody else a chance. Whether it's Toby or Andrew, doesn't matter, both have onscreen feats of people literally standing still while they try and attack Spider-Man. This means Spider-Man will be able to draw, aim and empty his gun while his opponent is still reaching for his gun.

There is no contest here.

RJ 2.0
I still feel like you're not grasping what KingD was saying. On the contrary, everything I said was totally ignored. I addressed and crushed his points, and all other in favor of Spider Man.

RJ 2.0
Originally posted by Dreampanther
You need to remove Spider-Man from this thread to give anybody else a chance. Whether it's Toby or Andrew, doesn't matter, both have onscreen feats of people literally standing still while they try and attack Spider-Man. This means Spider-Man will be able to draw, aim and empty his gun while his opponent is still reaching for his gun.

There is no contest here. Wrong wrong wrong wrong, Wrong wrong wrong wrong. Read my posts more carefully.

Dreampanther
I did. You're wrong. As, indeed, every other poster already pointed out.

Robtard
On the contrary, everything I said was totally ignored. I addressed and crushed his points, and all other in favor of Spider Man.

I still feel like there's a disconnect.

RJ 2.0
I did. You're wrong. As, indeed, every other poster already pointed out. Lol no.

See, I have no doubt Spidey can draw much faster than the cowboys. I have no doubt he can have his gun in hip fire position before the cowboys guns even clear their holsters.

Here's the kicker: It's highly likely that Spidey will fire all six rounds and miss all six. Why? Because he has absolutely ZERO feats that prove he can master hipfire aiming in an hour.

This is the point that everyone keeps dodging.

RJ 2.0
I still feel like there's a disconnect. Read what I just said, foo'.

KingD19
Why would he need to hipfire? He can easily aim normally. Hell he could use both hands and fully extend and still have plenty of time before they clear the holster.

Dreampanther
Exactly.

NemeBro
Why would he need to hipfire? He can easily aim normally. Hell he could use both hands and fully extend and still have plenty of time before they clear the holster. thumb up

He takes his time firing all six bullets and throws his gun before any of his opponents clear leather.

RJ 2.0
Originally posted by NemeBro
thumb up

He takes his time firing all six bullets and throws his gun before any of his opponents clear leather. Lol, really? You REALLY think Spidey can draw, aim, and fire ALL six bullets before Cort's gun leaves it's holster?

Why would he need to hipfire? He can easily aim normally. Hell he could use both hands and fully extend and still have plenty of time before they clear the holster. Er, that's not a quickdraw. Quickdraw is drawing and firing from the hip, not aiming down sights.

Hence my aiming argument. Any nimrod can aim down sights.

RJ 2.0
Epic fail, all of you.

relentless1
this is dumb, you can't have Spidey or jedi in this fight with normal ppl its a very easy win for a super human. take all of them out though and Doc Holiday wins ya daisies

Dreampanther
Lol, really? You REALLY think Spidey can draw, aim, and fire ALL six bullets before Cort's gun leaves it's holster?

Yes. While standing on his head, reading a newspaper and eating a donut.

So? The only reason anybody needs to shoot from the hip is to save time. The point you seem to miss is that you might as well put statues up against Spidey. He can DODGE BULLETS. He has SUPERHUMAN SPEED. This contest is ridiculous, and the only way Spidey loses is if he dies of old age waiting for his opponent's gun to clear its holster.

Robtard
Lol, really? You REALLY think Spidey can draw, aim, and fire ALL six bullets before Cort's gun leaves it's holster?

Have you seen SM's time-perception compared to normal humans, let alone a peak human like Flash ****ing Tompson?

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100329122005/comicfanon/de/images/c/cb/Flash_Thompson_1.gif

RJ 2.0
Have you seen SM's time-perception compared to normal humans, let alone a peak human like Flash ****ing Tompson?

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100329122005/comicfanon/de/images/c/cb/Flash_Thompson_1.gif And? That means nothing when the Cowboys can one shot him with their eyes closed.

Parker cannot dodge. He cannot aim down sights. He cannot "Lol throw his gun" at them. He must draw his revolver, cock the hammer, aim from the hip and shoot his opponent. NO RELOADS either. Six bullets, one gun.

See, I have no doubt that Spidey can draw and re-holster his gun half a dozen times before the cowboys even clear leather. I am not questioning his speed. I am questioning his aim.

Originally posted by relentless1
this is dumb, you can't have Spidey or jedi in this fight with normal ppl its a very easy win for a super human. take all of them out though and Doc Holiday wins ya daisies I already covered this, do try and keep up.

Yes. While standing on his head, reading a newspaper and eating a donut.Lol, no. The gun would literally fall apart in his hands.

Them's the rules, Son. Hip fire. No bullet dodging, no aiming down sights, no gun throwing, he has to abide by the same rules as the Cowboys. Draw, cock hammer, hip fire.

Deal with it. Not my rules, Cowboy rules.

RJ 2.0
Pwned, the lot of you.

Robtard
And? That means nothing when the Cowboys can one shot him with their eyes closed.

Parker cannot dodge. He cannot aim down sights. He cannot "Lol throw his gun" at them. He must draw his revolver, cock the hammer, aim from the hip and shoot his opponent. NO RELOADS either. Six bullets, one gun.

See, I have no doubt that Spidey can draw and re-holster his gun half a dozen times before the cowboys even clear leather. I am not questioning his speed. I am questioning his aim.

You think he won't hit once out of six with his super-coordination? You crazy.

KingD19
You realize "duels" weren't really as romanticized as movies made them look? Quickdraw duels were majorly invented in Hollywood, with only a few happening in real life. And there were no "rules".

It was "try and shoot the guy in front of you before he shoots you", that's it. The only reason people hip fired on the rare chances it did happen was because unlike Spidey, they don't have the speed to fully aim. I like how you're trying to further gimp Spidey though.

Also what Rob said. No way he doesn't get a hit out of six shots. It's more likely imo he makes more shots than he misses.

Dreampanther

Lol, no. The gun would literally fall apart in his hands.

Them's the rules, Son. Hip fire. No bullet dodging, no aiming down sights, no gun throwing, he has to abide by the same rules as the Cowboys. Draw, cock hammer, hip fire.

Deal with it. Not my rules, Cowboy rules.

Sigh...

1) "The gun would literally fall apart in his hands."
- Yes, because steel and iron is famous for its properties of falling apart when turned upside down. confused

2) I'm not your son.

3) "Them's the rules... he has to abide by the same rules as the Cowboys...Not my rules, Cowboy rules."
- In your original post, you said the contestants had to follow the same rules as in the movie. In the movie, nobody said they had to shoot from the hip. It is simply the most expedient, as it saves the extra half-second of raising it shoulder-height to aim before firing.

So in just one post, you have made up three "facts" which are literally, factually and demonstrably incorrect. I have already tried to explain this to you, gently, but apparently you are too obtuse to grasp simple physics and have never read any book by a respected Western writer like Louis L'Amour. Instead, you chose to try and patronise me.

4) Using your "new and improved" rules, Spidey still wins, as he has shown repeatedly that he has fantastic aim, frequently shooting his webs without bothering to raise his hands from his hips.

But right, you have "pwned" the lot of us. wink

RJ 2.0
Sigh...

1) "The gun would literally fall apart in his hands."
- Yes, because steel and iron is famous for its properties of falling apart when turned upside down. confused

Revolvers are not designed for rapid fire, much less the rate of fire you are implying. The rate of fire you are implying it similar to this:

x2AOIkSsj9k

If you were I'd take away your internet privileges.

And Spidey must match the feats of the gunfighters, plain and simple. He must duplicate them, not take them and improvise upon them.

What facts did I "make up?"

I am not patronizing you, I am simply trying to be absurdly clear.

Lol, what dies Louis L'amour have to do with the Quick and the Dead? Nothing. This thread is about a MOVIE, dude, NOT a Louis L'amour book. Yes, I am aware that he penned a novel of the same name, but said book has nothing to do with this thread.

Ah, so someone with, say, excellent hand/eye coordination can excel at anything that requires excellent hand/eye coordination? I direct you to my post about Michael Jordan crossing over from basketball to baseball.

I really have, especially what I said above. Get pwned.

You realize "duels" weren't really as romanticized as movies made them look? Quickdraw duels were majorly invented in Hollywood, with only a few happening in real life. And there were no "rules".

It was "try and shoot the guy in front of you before he shoots you", that's it. The only reason people hip fired on the rare chances it did happen was because unlike Spidey, they don't have the speed to fully aim. I like how you're trying to further gimp Spidey though.

Also what Rob said. No way he doesn't get a hit out of six shots. It's more likely imo he makes more shots than he misses. e

Who gives a damn about real life? This is a MOVIE versus forum, and these are MOVIE characters we are talking about here. Movies>>>>Real life here.

The gunfighters in the Quick and the Dead were all masters at hip firing, so I deemed that Spidey and the others must hip fire also. That's the rules of the thread. Accept it, don't accept it, nothing will change this.

Gimp? Lol, dude. You're reaching. The OP clearly states that this is a quickdraw contest, Quick and the Dead style. In The Quick and the Dead, they all hip fired. This thread is designed to see if Spidey can do the same as the Cowboys did. That's not gimping, that's just conditions. The Cowboys cannot aim down sights either.

You think he won't hit once out of six with his super-coordination? You crazy. Considering he has absolutely zero firearm experience, yeah, it's a safe bet he'd hit nothing but air.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.