Naruto verse vs yu yu hakusho verse

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

NotAllThatEvil
There seems to be a lot of "this naruto character vs a dbz character with some stipulations" thread. I also recall hearing that yu yu hakusho was the only other universe that came close to dbz. So can the naruto verse take Yusuke and the gang, or is the spirit detective still on the right track?

yungz22
i think the yusuke can beat everybody except for the sage level ninja

StealthRanger
YYH is nowhere close to DBZ

And sadly, YYH loses now sad

chasedown
Originally posted by StealthRanger
YYH is nowhere close to DBZ

And sadly, YYH loses now sad

agreed i never thought id see the day where naruto surpassed yusuke urameshi

Sacred 117
Too bad they more-or-less sacrificed the quality of the series to do it. sad

chasedown
Originally posted by Sacred 117
Too bad they more-or-less sacrificed the quality of the series to do it. sad

Agreed i liked naruto much better before the random and unneccessary power ups

Sacred 117
Originally posted by chasedown
Agreed i liked naruto much better before the random and unneccessary power ups

I don't recall where it all started, but I realized this when first seeing the Pein fight. They were objectively better than DBZ until they basically pretended to be them. It honestly feels like they now care more about appeasing rabid forum goers than producing quality material. Even if that's not the case (which I would bet and hope not), you can tell that somewhere they've gotten their priorities f**ked up. sad

chasedown
I don't recall where it all started, but I realized this when first seeing the Pein fight. They were objectively better than DBZ until they basically pretended to be them. It honestly feels like they now care more about appeasing rabid forum goers than producing quality material. Even if that's not the case (which I would bet and hope not), you can tell that somewhere they've gotten their priorities f**ked up. sad

Yea i think after the pein arc is when the downfall started

Sacred 117
I figured as much.

StealthRanger
>Naruto
>quality

Pick one

Sacred 117
???

Esomark
Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
I also recall hearing that yu yu hakusho was the only other universe that came close to dbz.

Nope. Houshin Engi, Negima/UQ Holder!, Battle Angel Alita, and Toriko are all much more powerful than Yu Yu Hakusho. And verses like Slayers, Tenchi Muyo!, Saint Seiya, and Bastard!! are all above Dragon Ball in power.

yungz22
Originally posted by Esomark
Nope. Houshin Engi, Negima/UQ Holder!, Battle Angel Alita, and Toriko are all much more powerful than Yu Yu Hakusho. And verses like Slayers, Tenchi Muyo!, Saint Seiya, and Bastard!! are all above Dragon Ball in power.

Tengen toppaguren lagan was rather powerful too

Sacred 117
Originally posted by yungz22
Tengen toppaguren lagan was rather powerful too

I never did get a chance to see that. Was it actually any good, or was it just another "look how powerful we are" triviality fest?

chasedown
I never did get a chance to see that. Was it actually any good, or was it just another "look how powerful we are" triviality fest?

i never saw the whole thing but apparently one attack had the same amount of power as the big bang that created the universe

Sacred 117
i never saw the whole thing but apparently one attack had the same amount of power as the big bang that created the universe

I've heard ahit like that, but that's not the point. I'm just curious as to its quality.

chasedown
I've heard ahit like that, but that's not the point. I'm just curious as to its quality.

oh i couldnt tell you i never finished it the animation to me is an acquired taste and the story from what i did see was ok

Sacred 117
oh i couldnt tell you i never finished it the animation to me is an acquired taste and the story from what i did see was ok

OK. I just wanted to know if it was worth checking.

Yamcha
I never did get a chance to see that. Was it actually any good, or was it just another "look how powerful we are" triviality fest? I've seen it and in my opinion it's a lot more than that. It's more about overcoming impossible odds, even when things look their darkest not letting yourself give up, staring into the face of adversity and shouting out from the pits of your soul "JUST WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM?!". It's definitely worth checking out imho big grin

Sacred 117
Originally posted by Yamcha
I've seen it and in my opinion it's a lot more than that. It's more about overcoming impossible odds, even when things look their darkest not letting yourself give up, staring into the face of adversity and shouting out from the pits of your soul "JUST WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM?!". It's definitely worth checking out imho big grin

This is what makes you the greatest. Thanks for the info. big grin

yungz22
I just saw the last episode which was crazy lol so over the top but i liked it

Yamcha
This is what makes you the greatest. Thanks for the info. big grin Anytime man! Glad I could help thumb up

Q99

TTGL had definite themes and meaning.

I wouldn't say Negima/UQ is YYH level... and probably not Alita either, but then again that depends on whether you could individual fighters (Alita's not near Yusuke yet), or the whole setting (Fleets of Jovian battleships!).

Esomark
Originally posted by Q99
I wouldn't say Negima/UQ is YYH level... and probably not Alita either, but then again that depends on whether you could individual fighters (Alita's not near Yusuke yet), or the whole setting (Fleets of Jovian battleships!).

Negima/UQ Holder! might not have as much firepower as YYH but their characters tend to be speedier and they have plenty of spells that disregard conventional durability or effect the soul.

For Alita, you forgot about Zekka's Dragon Slayer and Don Fua's Noble Void Palm and Noble Essence Fist. Those things trump anything we saw in YYH.

Q99
Negima/UQ Holder! might not have as much firepower as YYH but their characters tend to be speedier and they have plenty of spells that disregard conventional durability or effect the soul.

Speed, yes, in some cases at least, but YYH characters strike me as easily fast enough to at least react. And most of the stuff that bypasses durability like, say, Fate's stone magic, can be resisted by magic resistance or the like, so I'd think some of the spirit armors and such would do.

YYH is full of soul stuff. Heck, half the characters are demons.

But that's literally only two people (even Alita, the one closest to competing with them, doesn't have a move on that level, not even with her wormhole link), and I think the speed goes against them.

Compare YYH, where the last arc was full of S and SS level demons.

StealthRanger
SDK should be above YYH as well, vastly superior speed and a massive variety of hax and all that jazz

As for Negima, barring possibly Negima's lightning form and such things, don't recall anything that puts Negima above YYH, though meh, Negima so don't know in full detail

Also, don't recall anything from YYH that ignores durability, except for shit like Toguro's soul****, which can be resisted by being more powerful, which is why only fodder tiers were effected, and Rinku was able to resist with his own power levels, Kuwabara's sword, which cuts dimensions so that's a given, Mukuro's space cutting, though not sure if that was an anime only feat and Kurama's Sinning Tree, which absorbed the life force or some shit of the opponent

Q99
Originally posted by StealthRanger
SDK should be above YYH as well, vastly superior speed and a massive variety of hax and all that jazz

I understand that one is obscenely hax, yes.

And even lightning form can be reacted to with those without it.

Well that's a pretty good list there smile There was also things like the de-aging mist, and the dimension cloak Shishiwakamaru used against Kuwabara in the tournament.

StealthRanger
Well I was referring to things that killed you but yeah I suppose those count too as far as BFR would go

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.