NJO Dream Team runs the gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Skybreaker
Luke Skywalker
Kyp Durron
Kyle Katarn

^^in a battle meld
(most powerful incarnations)

Characters at their known primes unless otherwise specified.

Battles take place on the plains of Naboo where Anakin and Padme pretend to make human conversation.

No rests.

1. (all TPM) Maul, Qui Gon, Obi Wan
2. Grievous, Ventress, Oppress
3. Revan, Scourge, Surik
4. KOTOR II sith trio (no drain)
5. Sidious arrest squad
6. Windu, Anakin, Obi Wan
7. Darth Vader (OT), Tyranus, Maul
8. Exar Kun, Darth Bane, Darth Zannah

Everybody is revived and recharged. Team gets Darth Caedus.

9. Satele Shan, Revan, HoT, Basen 'thor
10. Sith Emperor, Darth Malgus, Darth Thanaton, Scourge
11. Yoda, Windu, Sunrider, Galen Marek
12. The Dark Council (start of TOR)

Another blank slate. Team also gets Revan.

13. Darth Sidious, Darth Plagueis, Darth Bane
14. Abeloth, Palpatine

AncientPower

Throwing in prime luke is a hell of a boost, they should, with battle meld be able to make it to 13 and then die.

Like seriously both Kyle and Kyp could be severely injured in round one, Luke alone could heal them and keep fighting.

Skybreaker
Originally posted by AncientPower

With no rest, I see them struggling from 6 onwards, but looking back at the gauntlet ordering, 13 is easier to handle than some of the earlier rounds that come near the end of their stretches. If they get Caedus and Revan, they outnumber the sith 5 to 3. Luke kills Palpatine, then two each could double team Plagueis and Bane.

AncientPower
Doh, me reading it wrong, well they die at Abeloth, Palpatine is just over-kill there.

Luke can provide nearly endless augmentation support.

Vorpal Ruin
Team loses around 7-8 for sure, if not sooner. They should be too tired by that time to defeat those 3 sith.

NewGuy01
Not sure how massively the meld will affect the battle.

Based
I agree, they lose at 6.

Q99
I think that while 7-8 is hard, the fact that they're melded may mean they can get by... and then at 9, full rest plus Caedus, they're back in the game.

They'll likely be quite tired again by 11, might lose there or if not there, 12.

If they did make it to 13, with a new fifth member and fresh again, they'd clear.

Originally posted by AncientPower

Throwing in prime luke is a hell of a boost, they should, with battle meld be able to make it to 13 and then die.

Like seriously both Kyle and Kyp could be severely injured in round one, Luke alone could heal them and keep fighting.

Though they'd have to be really sloppy to get injured that early, they should all steamroll in match 1.

Vorpal Ruin
If they could clear 8 I think they could get to 14 but then be stopped. While not likely, one of the more powerful jedi sacrificing themselves by becoming one with the force may be enough to get the survivors a win at 14.

To imagine how powerful Luke would become if his boost was similar to Ganner Rhysode's boost when becoming one with the force in NJO...

Q99
Originally posted by Vorpal Ruin
If they could clear 8 I think they could get to 14 but then be stopped. While not likely, one of the more powerful jedi sacrificing themselves by becoming one with the force may be enough to get the survivors a win at 14.

13 is a 5v3 right after a refresh, so I think they'll all come out of that alive and in good shape.

14 is hard, but Luke can beat Palpatine on his own (or maybe Luke + Kyle to play things safe) while all the rest pile on Abeloth. Caedus, Kyp, and Revan combined is going to do a lot of damage.

I think 8 and 12 are the biggest sticking points- that's the worst intersection of 'tired' and 'strong opponents.'

The Ellimist
lolstomp.

Defeat with mild difficulty.

Oneshot Bane and Zannah, tool Exar.

Lolstomp.

Luke beats Vitiate, Caedus beats Malgus, Kyp beats Thanaton, Kyle beats Scourge.

Luke beats Yoda (he's not that fatigued), Caedus may lose to Windu via vaapad and fatigue but he holds him off, Kyp beats Galen Marek, Kyle beats Sunrider, and Kyle can win in time to help Caedus.

Even without rest, nobody on the council is powerful enough to do much. Maybe Jadus would pose a mild challenge for a few seconds.

Easily win, it's 5 vs. 3.

They might lose to Abeloth alone. But honestly if it's the weakened Abeloth in FotJ, Luke + Caedus have a shot at beating her if Luke does oneness, and then Revan + Kyp + Kyle might be able to beat Palpatine.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.