Darth Sidious and Darth Vader vs Darth Plagueis and Vitiate

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Emperordmb
Who the **** wins?

FreshestSlice
Team 1 Slaughterhouse

Emperordmb
This is creeping me out...

Sinious
Originally posted by Emperordmb

thumb up

We might have found our new Carthage.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Everyone should get to say it at least once ninja

Skybreaker
If this is DE Sidious, team 1.
If this is not DE Sidious, team 2.

FreshestSlice
Even if it isn't DE Sidious, Team 1 will still probably live. Sidious knew almost everything he did in DE before RotJ.

WildBantha88
No if he truly was Carthage he would take this opportunity to say. "Bane dies." or "Gnost-Dural sucks."

Nephthys
Team 2

Stigma
There's no specified setting so I assume neautral ground. No nexus amp for Vitiate then, and I assume also no prep.

Sidious > Vitiate, obviously

and a very hard fight between Plagueis and Vader, with Plagueis having an edge IMHO.
But this fight won't be decided before Sidious defeats Vitiate.

Team 1 wins.

Sinious
Originally posted by WildBantha88
No if he truly was Carthage he would take this opportunity to say. "Bane dies." or "Gnost-Dural sucks."

Give him time. He's getting there...

NewGuy01
Originally posted by WildBantha88

What? "Gnost sucks" isn't a Carthage thing.

But it is an everyone thing.

"Vitiate sucks" is more accurate.

Nargaroth
Team 2. Vader is the "weak" link here, unless Vitiate has no preparation, and in that case, Vader should be able to defeat him, which means that team 1 would win as well. But if Vader faces Plagueis, the former will lose badly.

Nalaniel
Originally posted by Sinious
thumb up

We might have found our new Carthage.

Nah, he's worse than Carthage.

FreshestSlice
You're worse than carthage.

Selenial
I'm worse than Carthage.

Team 1 tho.

carthage
I am the worst.

Team 1 takes this anyway, Vitiate is a non factor and would lose to either Vader or the Emperor.

AncientPower
Vader vs Plagueis is a stalemate IMO.

Sidious beats Vitiate any day of the week.

carthage
It isn't a stalemate Vader is comparabe telekinetically, but Plagueis is vastly more agile and faster in combat speed to Vader

Vader also isn't taking Plagueis's brutal applications of TK for very long, whereas, Vader will never get the chance to hit Plagueis given the fact Plagueis is faster/more agile (dodging blaster bolts from hundreds of droids, not being hit by hundreds of Kursid warriors, and appearing as a bolt of lightning in a forest understory). No one is doubting Vader's combat speed here, but Plagueis's agility/feats regarding mobility vastly surpass the chosen one's

AncientPower
Starkiller was described as 'nearly three times faster' than Vader himself and Starkiller could only stalemate him in that duel, he relied on the Force to defeat his master.

So no speed is not taking out Vader, in-fact in almost every one of his duels his opponent is faster but he wins 90% of the time anyway.

Plagueis cannot out-duel Vader, Vader is one of the best duelists the Sith have ever had.

It's a stalemate because their TK feats and endurance feats are roughly similar.

However team 2 loses because Vitiate has literally nothing on Darth Sidious.

carthage
Originally posted by AncientPower
Starkiller was described as 'nearly three times faster' than Vader himself and Starkiller could only stalemate him in that duel, he relied on the Force to defeat his master.

So no speed is not taking out Vader, in-fact in almost every one of his duels his opponent is faster but he wins 90% of the time anyway.

Plagueis cannot out-duel Vader, Vader is one of the best duelists the Sith have ever had.

It's a stalemate because their TK feats and endurance feats are roughly similar.

However team 2 loses because Vitiate has literally nothing on Darth Sidious.

Starkiller has never moved fast enough to be perceived as a bolt of red lightning, never dodged omnidirectional blaster fire, never moved among hundreds of Kursid of warriors and received no damage, and never moved faster than 114D (who could dodge blaster bolts himself, and possessed advanced photoreceptors) could track. Plagueis is faster than Starkiller.

I never said Plagueis would outduel Vader, granted Venamis is a superior opponent to the vast majority of Vader's opponents (Roan Shryne, Dark Woman, ESB Luke, and ROTJ Luke) are all nowhere near as fast as Venamis. Vader is more skilled, but given Plagueis's speed, comparable physical strength, and vastly superior mobility that advantage is negated.

I'll just agree to disagree

S_W_LeGenD
Team 2 comfortably.

carthage
Vitiate is no match for either Vader or the Emperor and gets summarily ragdolled or blitzed by either Vader or Sidious

And Plagueis while superior to Vader, is no match for them as a team. Vitiate isnt helping Plagueis at all.

AncientPower
Vitiate isn't getting rag-dolled but against Sidious he has no chance.

carthage
Yeah he is. Vitiate is only approaching Sidious with a nexus and prep, off nexus he is slower, massively outgunned in terms of force power, and far less skilled on a hideously obvious level.

He wont even be able to perceive Sidious's movements let alone react to them. He'd died before he could even try to gather power.

Revanchiste
Sidious super power vader sub super power.
Plagueis super power Vitiate super power...

So... Vitiate and plagueis !!!

carthage
Team 1

EmperorSidious2
I don't know. Vitiate+Plagueis. I don't know if Vader beats Plaguies. However I guess Sidious woudl defeat Vitiate before Plagueis beats Vader. Team 1

Stigma
Vader cuts down Vitiate while Sidious defeats Plagueis. Team 1 wins.

SunRazer
Sidious can beat either, but Vader gets brought down by either.

Sinious
Which incarnations of Vitiate and Sidious are these? That's the most decisive factor here imo.

SunRazer
Vader does a RotJ and gives Sidious a Force wedgie before hurling him into Plagueis' sabers.

Stigma
Originally posted by Sinious
Which incarnations of Vitiate and Sidious are these? That's the most decisive factor here imo. Doesn't matter. Even TPM Sidious can be argued to be above Vitiate.

Tondemonai
Originally posted by SunRazer
Vader does a RotJ and gives Sidious a Force wedgie before hurling him into Plagueis' sabers.

thumb up

Tondemonai
What I'm confused about is why so many people are wanking on Vitiate. He's not in any way shape or form the weak link. Plagueis could beat Vader, though it could go either way for the most part IMO. Now with Sheev and Viti it purely depends on their incarnations. If it's DE Sidious then it doesn't really matter and team 1 wins, unless it's post Ziost Vitiate who just might last long enough for Plagueis to take out Vader, or for him to die and get double teamed. Either way though, it rides on incarnations, anything but Ziost Vitiate will probably lose assuming Sids is as of RotJ or past. Otherwise might go either way again but I'm just going to stop here until the OP decides to state what the god damn incarnations are.

DarthBeanzz
I actually see Plageuis as the weak link here. He's greatly attuned to the dark side and the most philosophical Sith Lord out there...but that's the problem. He's an academic. He's nowhere near as combat-oriented as the others, especially Vader. He might be faster and more agile than Vader...but so is almost everyone Vader's ever faced. And Vader is still capable of moving at blinding speeds. Team 1 has the clear edge as swordsmen.

In terms of Force powers though, it's almost a dead heat. Vader's very much a blunt instrument with massive TK power, but Plagueis can very likely match that himself. All 3 of the others are experts with lightning, though Plagueis probably falls shortest among them. But he makes up for it with midi-chlorian manipulation...if he can get close enough and hold an opponent down long enough to use it. Sidious and Vitiate probably wash out with lightning, but Sidious has other things like dark rage and essence transfer to fall back on. Vitiate has some Sith sorcery powers, but they take time and concentration to use.

Overall, I'd say Team 1's superior swordplay keeps Team 2 from really using their game-ending Force powers. They just won't have an opportunity to use them if they're busy defending themselves from furious lightsaber offensives. Team 1 wins about 7 times out of 10.

Sinious
Normally, I'd say Vader lets his team down but Sidious would probably find a way to win with sheer awesomeness.

SunRazer
Originally posted by DarthBeanzz
I actually see Plageuis as the weak link here. He's greatly attuned to the dark side and the most philosophical Sith Lord out there...but that's the problem. He's an academic. He's nowhere near as combat-oriented as the others, especially Vader. He might be faster and more agile than Vader...but so is almost everyone Vader's ever faced. And Vader is still capable of moving at blinding speeds. Team 1 has the clear edge as swordsmen.

The thing is, Vitiate is also an academic on principle, and moreso. He studies the dark side's secrets, performs rituals, and uses esoteric powers, all traits of an academic, but unlike Plagueis, he demonstrates little physical practice and no lightsaber practice. Plagueis is clearly an adept martial artist and lightsaber duelist, whereas Vitiate can claim neither. Vitiate's demonstrated agility and lightsaber skill is by far the least out of all the combatants here, and that's the primary reason for team 1's clear advantage as bladesmen.

Vader's ability to move at blinding speeds isn't overly notable among high-tier Force users, and Plagueis has done better.

I don't see how Plagueis is "nowhere near" the combatant Sidious is. They both despise lightsaber combat but are masters of it anyway, and they're both physical monsters despite being more Inquisitor-like Force users (the idea is that with Banite Sith, they become more and more well-rounded). They're also both clearly masterful martial artists. Sidious is obviously Hego's superior in all categories, but Plagueis and Sidious operate under similar philosophies/concepts when it comes to combat. Sure, he's not combat-oriented in the same way Vader is, but that doesn't prevent him from beating Vader.

Plagueis can more than match Vader's telekinetic feats - it's pretty clear his are in excess of Vader's. As for his Midi-chlorian manipulation, I highly doubt he would even attempt it in combat such as this, and even then, the effects on a full-powered, resisting Force-sensitive of such high caliber are dubious at best.

The rest sounds about right.

And I agree with this.

red8
Team 2 wins.

As someone else said, Vader is the "weak" link here.

Sidious > Plagueis/Vitiate > Vader.

Both Plagueis and Vitiate have strong enough lightning to put Vader down. Sidious isn't going to beat both of them on his own.

SunRazer
Plagueis' lightning isn't just putting Vader down on the spot, and Vader has his lightsaber as well.

Vader's the weak link in that either of his enemies could beat him, but Plagueis is not outright stomping him.

That being said, I didn't factor in that Sidious may choose a similar approach to Talzin against Vitiate here, which would be a contest of Force powers that, even if it's in his favor, will take a long and strenuous effort to win (and Plagueis would beat Vader before that). That would basically seal it for his team - he needs to make avid use of his melee capabilities to bring an end to the fight.

carthage
Vitiates gets sucked by just about everyone when his non nexus feats really aren't spectacular. Vader could Tank his lightning with his immense barrier and just down him with maybe slight difficulty at best. He's much more capable than Hero or the fodder Jedi team that got stomped and can dodge or deflect his lightning. Vitiate isn't much without a Darkside nexus and distance

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.