Practical and advantageous applications of intentionally inducing psychotic episodes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Oneness
A chemical imbalance in the temporal lobe, (or the over-production of dopamine and; subsequently, epinephrine) allows you to use your muscles' full motor-performance.

Increased dopamine production in a certain area of the brain can improve skill-related cognitive speed (synaptogenesis) and capacity (neurogenesis) in that region of the brain - but at the risk of causing psychosis and other neurological abnormalities (because of the dope).

Neurosis/narcissism/megalomania; the condition of being greedy, selfish, and possessing a sort of perpetual discontent with your current circumstance and a tendency to automatically develop resentment towards other people's opinions or beliefs (because they're not your own), makes you more competitive and less lazy. Constantly trying to one-up everybody; you've a far greater chance of achieving your fullest possible level of productivity. Although this productivity is the result being paranoid that someone is going to get ahead of you.

In a catatonic state, you're disassociated from reality; in such a state you could be burning to death and you wouldn't even realize it. It's a good way to survive torture if you can induce it intentionally.

Multi-personality disorder can allow you to create a persona and withhold information from his memories. Useful if you don't want to divulge information while under the gun.

If you meditate 2 hours per day, for 90 days, you will be able to hallucinate during meditation (due to the increased levels of dopamine available on call). If you're already suffering from MPD - you may be able to select a certain experience, perhaps an altered memory; and go into a personality that has no knowledge of you creating that experience nor any recollection of its content. You won't realize that you were just now meditating, so you won't be able to tell that it's just a dream. This allows you to warp your own subjective reality, achieving nirvana. You may as well be living a lie, but a good lie, one in which you look better and have more money, for example. It's using hypnotism (something marijuana automatically does to you) to cause amnesia while engaging in a lucid dream, unfolding by the design of your conscious as opposed to your unconscious. You're distorting what's actually going on around you. This is a good way to spend your free-time. It's the best form of leisure, when you go back into your base-personality you'll automatically recall that the experience wasn't real so, no harm done.

Bardock42
No

Mindship
Hi, Oneness. So, how's that "define yourself in one (non-run-on) sentence" challenge going, the one I mentioned to you some months back?

Robtard
Oneness' favorite word must be "dopamine", he uses it often.

Oneness
Originally posted by Bardock42
No

"No" addresses nothing pertaining what was said in the topic. I was not asking a question. Ergo, your response is invalid.

Originally posted by Mindship
Hi, Oneness. So, how's that "define yourself in one (non-run-on) sentence" challenge going, the one I mentioned to you some months back?

The only reason to limit the length of a sentence is a lack of vision on the writer's part. Although, perhaps a condition in which the writer's coherency somehow declines relative to the length of his sentences would constitute the necessity for shorter sentences as well. Either way, I have no lack of vision and no difficulty in articulating a sentence of any length, none at all. Ipso facto, I do not feel the need to describe myself with a sentence made according to your criteria.

Originally posted by Robtard
Oneness' favorite word must be "dopamine", he uses it often.

No, but dopamine might just be my favorite thing in the universe.

Oneness
I should have worded my thesis more delicately;

A desperate enough man (to the point of schizophrenia) will take extreme precautions, going to distant lengths in order to utilize the time in his day far more efficiently than would be possible for someone who's not so desperate according to Maslow's hierarchy. This is due not to motivation, but to a rewiring of the brain, behavioral software so to speak - causing compulsory obsessions to manifest - made increasingly habitual overtime. Imagine studying like this.

Epinephrine constricts blood-flow so that it is concentrated into the muscle fibers, providing more oxygen and acetylcholine to them. Acetylcholine improves the electro-chemical response in the nerves controlling the activation of those muscle fibers. This combination allows one to exert their bodies beyond what would be possible in a non-psychotic state.

There's a positive-correlation between arousal and the recollection of information, the acuity of attention to stimuli, and the rate at which your senses can process information - there're also trade-offs made by isolating the electro-chemical activity in particular brain-regions (Rain Man). Arousal is the result of dopamine receptors being activated by pleasure centers in the brain.

You cannot consciously internalize any pain undergone while in a catatonic stupor.

When culminated with a mastered level of self-hypnosis in the achieve of schizophrenic, hynogogic, or hallucinatory episodes, disassociative split-personality disorder can be sufficient enough to throw off your stream of continuity allowing you to believe any false-sensations and experiences perceived therein.

In summary, we don't take our minds far enough at this point in our evolution.

Mindship
Originally posted by Oneness
The only reason to limit the length of a sentence is a lack of vision on the writer's part. Although, perhaps a condition in which the writer's coherency somehow declines relative to the length of his sentences would constitute the necessity for shorter sentences as well. Either way, I have no lack of vision and no difficulty in articulating a sentence of any length, none at all. Ipso facto, I do not feel the need to describe myself with a sentence made according to your criteria. It was meant as a focusing exercise. Y'know, journey > destination. Could help elucidate your writing.

Oneness
It was meant as a focusing exercise. Y'know, journey > destination. Could help elucidate your writing. You lack the analytics to realize that the structure of my sentences are not only chrystalline; but written, with considerable focus I might add, specifically to counter-act textual benality via grammatical extravagence.

Such is the revelation that I'd hoped to evoke in Digi.

Digi
You lack the analytics to realize that the structure of my sentences are not only chrystalline; but written, with considerable focus I might add, specifically to counter-act textual benality via grammatical extravagence.

Analytics is used incorrectly. Chrystalline is technically a word, but incorrectly spelled in the manner you're using it. Counteract is one word, not hyphenated. Banality and extravagance are misspelled. Your use of the semicolon is dubious as well. The entirety of the sentence is only marginally coherent.

Is there a new form of revelation available to us through grammatically induced headaches? That's the only way I can see this working.

Again, mistakes are acceptable, especially on the internet. Your arrogance concerning it, less so. You'd engender a lot more sympathetic responses if you were nicer.

dadudemon
You lack the analytics to realize that the structure of my sentences are not only chrystalline; but written, with considerable focus I might add, specifically to counter-act textual benality via grammatical extravagence.

Here, I'll rewrite what you just said to make it flow better (and make more sense):

"You lack analytical abilities or else you would have realized that the structure of my sentences are crystalline. They are also written with considerable focus to specifically counteract textual banality via linguistic extravagance."

I'll rewrite it again but I will correct your comment in 3 ways:

1. I will use words correctly.
2. I will use proper spelling.
3. I will use proper grammar.
4. I will substantially reduce the number of words in your sentences.

"You're bereft of deduction. My sentences are written with punctilio. I accomplish this by using syntactic flourish; this evokes ardor in the reader."

You can use "big words" without being wordy. In fact, big words should be used to reduce or eliminate the number of words: not to make your sentences wordier. However, I think using big words is empty pontification if you're doing so just for the sake of using big words.

If you cannot convey your meanings, properly, to most educated people, then the problem is not with those people, the problem is with you. Using strange or outlandish wording does not make you appear smarter: it just makes you look weird or ignorant. Using words incorrectly actually makes you look dumber. Misspelling "big words" makes you look like an ignorant try-hard. It is better to precisely and concisely state your point than to drone on for many sentences and barely make sense.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Digi
Analytics is used incorrectly. Chrystalline is technically a word, but incorrectly spelled in the manner you're using it. Counteract is one word, not hyphenated. Banality and extravagance are misspelled. Your use of the semicolon is dubious as well. The entirety of the sentence is only marginally coherent.

Is there a new form of revelation available to us through grammatically induced headaches? That's the only way I can see this working.

Again, mistakes are acceptable, especially on the internet. Your arrogance concerning it, less so. You'd engender a lot more sympathetic responses if you were nicer.

Dammit. You must have just posted when I hit the quote button...

Digi
Originally posted by dadudemon
Dammit. You must have just posted when I hit the quote button...

lol

fdog

Originally posted by dadudemon
If you cannot convey your meanings, properly, to most educated people, then the problem is not with those people, the problem is with you.

thumb up

Lovely summation. You took more time in your response; more than I'm willing to invest in him at this point.

Oneness

Oneness

Oneness
*manner of expediency

Mindship
"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother."
-- Albert Einstein

"You can have brilliant ideas, but if you can't get them across, your ideas won't get you anywhere."
-- Lee Iacocca

Bardock42
I feel like all posts in this thread can be condensed into my first post.

Oneness
"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother."
-- Albert Einstein

"You can have brilliant ideas, but if you can't get them across, your ideas won't get you anywhere."
-- Lee Iacocca To the Autist Einstein I'd say this, "What if your grandmother always had an IQ over 110 points below you and is illiterate as you're attempting to explain super-string theory? "

In fact, language is a very small part of teaching physics. If Hawking can find a way to speak without the use of his voice than someone grammatically illiterate software engineer can make millions off of his work.

To Lee Iacocca, I'd say "Not necessarily. You can communicate with a mathematical formula without even being able to spell."

If I were to explain myself in the simplest way possible, this is what I'd say:

"I'm an endomorph somatotype."

This explains my appearance as well as my genetic-predispositions, which are even responsible for some of my behaviors.

Bardock42
I think it would be a worthwhile task for you to try to write in such a way that your posts would be appropriate for the Simple English Wikipedia. For you in particular it would be great practice, and I believe it would improve your writing and your thinking considerably.

Digi
@Digi, hypercritically vindictive analyses are what I thrive upon.

It's not vindictive. I have nothing against you. You're just a terrible writer.

srug

Oneness
lol

Bardock42
lol

That was a good start. Clear communication of thoughts and feelings. Keep it up.

Oneness
Originally posted by Digi
It's not vindictive. I have nothing against you. You're just a terrible writer.

srug Well no, you said if I weren't so cocky you'd be more polite or something to that effect
I'm just saying I'm not all there anymore so I'll take it however it comes.

It's the internet, it's whatever.

Oneness
That was a good start. Clear communication of thoughts and feelings. Keep it up. That's just music in general.

Digi
Well no, you said if I weren't so cocky you'd be more polite or something to that effect
I'm just saying I'm not all there anymore so I'll take it however it comes.

It's the internet, it's whatever.

No, I said you'd get better responses from people. I'd still be just as critical of your writing - there's nothing to be gained in coddling when we're all adults - but I'd think more of you personally if you weren't so arrogant about everything.

On the last statement, agreed, but that's not an excuse to condescend to others.

Oneness
People would admire a person more for being a continuous source of intellectual stimulation than for being humble.

I'm the kind of person who, if he doesn't fall short of his dream, works himself to death as opposed to conforming to a life without its fulfillment.

What happens when your dreams come true? My core belief is, you live happily ever after. That's the source of my insanity, probably.

Robtard

What happens when your dreams come true? My core belief is, you live happily ever after. That's the source of my insanity, probably.

In your 'dreams' though, you become a superhuman immortal who is worth more than the 100 riches people combined and you save the world from the evil elite.

Do you think it's possible you might have set your goals just a tad too high? Maybe?

Oneness
In your 'dreams' though, you become a superhuman immortal who is worth more than the 100 riches people combined and you save the world from the evil elite.

Do you think it's possible you might have set your goals just a tad too high? Maybe? Did you know Yellowstone is past due to erupt? What's even more looming is the fact that 99% of all species have been eradicated from the face of the earth.

You know what? You have to come to terms with the fact that some strange shit is not only possible, but most likely imminent.

Anyway, somebody has be the first human to **** with the Orthogonality Thesis. I'm best suited for this, the extremities in which I've changed.

Oneness
This takes the Renaissance ideal to a whole new level.

I don't want AI, and I don't want designer babies. I think the only fair game is if these minds develop naturally.

Robtard
Did you know Yellowstone is past due to erupt? What's even more looming is the fact that 99% of all species have been eradicated from the face of the earth.

You know what? You have to come to terms with the fact that some strange shit is not only possible, but most likely imminent.

Anyway, somebody has be the first human to **** with the Orthogonality Thesis. I'm best suited for this, the extremities in which I've changed.

"There is no evidence that a catastrophic eruption at Yellowstone National Park (YNP) is imminent. Current geologic activity at Yellowstone has remained relatively constant since earth scientists first started monitoring some 30 years ago. Though another caldera-forming eruption is theoretically possible, it is very unlikely to occur in the next thousand or even 10,000 years." Source

You're welcome

Oneness
"There is no evidence that a catastrophic eruption at Yellowstone National Park (YNP) is imminent. Current geologic activity at Yellowstone has remained relatively constant since earth scientists first started monitoring some 30 years ago. Though another caldera-forming eruption is theoretically possible, it is very unlikely to occur in the next thousand or even 10,000 years." Source

You're welcome It's possible but unlikely?

That's complete shit, this shit happens quite sporadically. Super-eruptions that is. Calderas are always producing that isotope that normal volcanoes only release when they're about to erupt. There's no way to measure when it exactly the enclave will break over pressure. You can look at the patterns of that volcano. There's a 100,000 year window, sure. But is it 100,000 earlier or later?

No, it's a coin flip, that likely or unlikely is devoid of scientific content.

Oneness
l6AIt36-whc

Oneness
[yo

Robtard
It's possible but unlikely?

That's complete shit, this shit happens quite sporadically. Super-eruptions that is. Calderas are always producing that isotope that normal volcanoes only release when they're about to erupt. There's no way to measure when it exactly the enclave will break over pressure. You can look at the patterns of that volcano. There's a 100,000 year window, sure. But is it 100,000 earlier or later?

"The science of forecasting a volcanic eruption has significantly advanced over the past 25 years. Most scientists think that the buildup preceding a catastrophic eruption would be detectable for weeks and perhaps months to years. Precursors to volcanic eruptions include strong earthquake swarms and rapid ground deformation and typically take place days to weeks before an actual eruption. Scientists at the Yellowstone Volcano Observatory* (YVO) closely monitor the Yellowstone region for such precursors. They expect that the buildup to larger eruptions would include intense precursory activity (far exceeding background levels) at multiple spots within the Yellowstone volcano. As at many caldera systems around the world, small earthquakes, ground uplift and subsidence, and gas releases at Yellowstone are commonplace events and do not reflect impending eruptions.

*The YVO is a collaborative effort between the US Geological Survey, the University of Utah, and YNP to monitor and study the Yellowstone Volcano. Congress has given the USGS the responsibility of volcano hazard assessment, and YNP assists the USGS in their volcano monitoring effort."

"The YVO maintains an array of instruments that monitor activities at Yellowstone around the clock. In addition, YVO scientists collaborate with scientists from all over the world to study and assess the hazards of the Yellowstone volcano. To learn more about Yellowstone's volcanic past and to view current data about earthquakes, ground movement, and stream flow, visit the YVO website at" Source

You're welcome

Bardock42

No, actually, for 1 year, it's like flipping a coin 17 times, and they all have to land on heads.

Oneness
"The science of forecasting a volcanic eruption has significantly advanced over the past 25 years. Most scientists think that the buildup preceding a catastrophic eruption would be detectable for weeks and perhaps months to years. Precursors to volcanic eruptions include strong earthquake swarms and rapid ground deformation and typically take place days to weeks before an actual eruption. Scientists at the Yellowstone Volcano Observatory* (YVO) closely monitor the Yellowstone region for such precursors. They expect that the buildup to larger eruptions would include intense precursory activity (far exceeding background levels) at multiple spots within the Yellowstone volcano. As at many caldera systems around the world, small earthquakes, ground uplift and subsidence, and gas releases at Yellowstone are commonplace events and do not reflect impending eruptions.

*The YVO is a collaborative effort between the US Geological Survey, the University of Utah, and YNP to monitor and study the Yellowstone Volcano. Congress has given the USGS the responsibility of volcano hazard assessment, and YNP assists the USGS in their volcano monitoring effort."

"The YVO maintains an array of instruments that monitor activities at Yellowstone around the clock. In addition, YVO scientists collaborate with scientists from all over the world to study and assess the hazards of the Yellowstone volcano. To learn more about Yellowstone's volcanic past and to view current data about earthquakes, ground movement, and stream flow, visit the YVO website at" Source

You're welcome Process of an eruption could happen at any moment, then we get 1 year to prepare at best.

Oneness
No, actually, for 1 year, it's like flipping a coin 17 times, and they all have to land on heads. Not really.

There's a 350,000 year window of the times in which it could erupt, but we know that it will erupt again and it's already been over 300,000 years overdue. That window is closing, it could have happened any time in this window so far, and it still could happen any time.

Not to mention the imminent threat of an extinction-level asteroid colliding with earth at any point in time. We'd know in advance like we did with Jupiter, but not enough time to save anyone.

Oneness
I know a psychopath, schizophrenia or DMPD and I'm pretty sure he has hallucinated.

I've observed his condition allows him to survive because he gets into a state where he forgets everyone around him and no longer able to distinguish friend from foe. He's a danger to himself and everyone around him.

A perfect example of what we should all be like in this society. That way everywhere would be a 1992 LA riot and this ****ed up society would crash and the world would be a better place.

gLd8hVyUvaw

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.