Who has the best illusions in the mythos?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WildBantha88
For this it is not just Illusions wielded as an offensive power, but any form of illusions ever used. Who is the best at it?

Nephthys
Naga Sadow, Vitiate, Wyyrlok, Andeddu, Lumiya, Coran Horn, Luke Skywalker.

Marco1907
I am going with Plagueis.

WildBantha88
Tricking Sidious is impressive but that was a Sidious that had just begun his training

Im going to put Lanoree Brock into the running. She cast massive illusions that lasted a hundred years

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Nephthys

What about Nox? Zannah? wouldn't Kreia also count?

ares834
Naga Sadow.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
What about Nox? Zannah? wouldn't Kreia also count?

Nox has never done illusions. Not sure I'd qualify anything Zannah did as illusions and I can't remember Kreia doing illusions either.

Tzeentch
Naga Sadow, Vitiate, Wyyrlok, Andeddu, Lumiya, Coran Horn, Luke Skywalker. >the best
>names like 10 people

You suck at this game, Neph.

Fated Xtasy
I can't remember Kreia doing illusions either.

watch?v=sJBlXyaGdjw

would that count as illusions?

also she threatens Atton with "unlocking the darkest side" of him. in this vid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opWXDxgCJCE.

maybe not the best, but an honorable mention would be nice imo.

Nephthys
No, that isn't.

Originally posted by Tzeentch
>the best
>names like 10 people

You suck at this game, Neph.

The best is super vague and subjective. How do I establish who's the best at illusions with so many different applications and factors? Is Sadow the best for creating entire illusionary armies, despite him needing his meditation sphere to do it? Are Vitiate and Lumiya the best for creating solid illusions? What about Luke tricking Jacen with a fake fleet or Horn tricking Luke and his class into thinking he'd performed TK? Wyyrlok and Andeddu performed some very impressive combat illusions on each other, so what about them?

Its easier to just list some candidates than choose just one guy.

Vorpal Ruin

Nice list with great contenders.

I wouldn't be able to judge all of them, but I would put Luke over Corran and Lumiya for sure.

NewGuy01
This thread was made specifically to try and shoehorn Lanoree Brock into the mix, the description gives it away too easily.

Anyway, the very best? Corran and Andeddu are high-level contenders. Zannah's are the most deadly, but as far as we know she can only use them in one fairly basic way--she lacks versatility.

Also, Luke.

Emperordmb
Yeah, Zannah's are incredibly potent, but she lacks a good AOE/spread.

WildBantha88
Originally posted by NewGuy01
This thread was made specifically to try and shoehorn Lanoree Brock into the mix, the description gives it away too easily.

Anyway, the very best? Corran and Andeddu are high-level contenders. Zannah's are the most deadly, but as far as we know she can only use them in one fairly basic way--she lacks versatility.

Also, Luke. thumb down Is it impossible to think that I make threads that aren't Bantha Crew wanks? Because I do.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by WildBantha88
thumb down Is it impossible to think that I make threads that aren't Bantha Crew wanks? Because I do.

Every time I open one of your threads I have a tinge of hope, and am then sourly disappointed. Thus I must comment.

Emperordmb
Bantha created a thread for interesting discussion, and it's a pretty good one. If he wants to bring up a member of the Bantha crew in a post on said thread, then why is that a problem?

DarthAnt66
Shh, I'm annoying this argument with great satisfaction. evil face

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Bantha created a thread for interesting discussion, and it's a pretty good one. If he wants to bring up a member of the Bantha crew in a post on said thread, then why is that a problem?

thumb up I could not have said it better myself.

WildBantha88
Most examples of illusions I know of are used offensively. Zannah, Wyyrlok, Aleema, Volfe Karkko being the best examples. I wanted to learn of other force wielders who also wielded illusions but not as an attack. But since one of my bantha crew people is relevant to this thread and I posted about said relevant person, this entire thread is just a wank fest orcastrated by me... I am insulted.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Emperordmb

He really didn't. It's pretty clear not only from the topic, but the wording of the description that the thread was made specifically for the purpose of praising Brock.

This isn't necessarily a problem, as the thread can still prosper regardless, it's simply an irritating trend I notice with most threads he produces.

Either way, you need to stop derailing the thread Emperor. http://r26.imgfast.net/users/2613/36/14/96/smiles/2710164634.png

Emperordmb
Either way, you need to stop derailing the thread Emperor. http://r26.imgfast.net/users/2613/36/14/96/smiles/2710164634.png
http://r28.imgfast.net/users/2811/36/97/52/smiles/2330399501.gif Just let me enjoy my two week repose...

WildBantha88
W.E. newguy. **** you. I might actually start doing what you are accusing me of out of spite. The only thing that is stopping me is that doing so would put me on Carthages level, and I don't want to stoop that low.

NewGuy01
Have fun.

Also, NJO folks: Is Corran better at illusions than Luke?

Vorpal Ruin
Have fun.

Also, NJO folks: Is Corran better at illusions than Luke?

Luke has displayed better illusion feats than Corran. So, going by feats alone: no. Though Corran may have more powerful illusions, they simply weren't shown.

Luke's most impressive illusion, that I recall, was during the Dark Nest trilogy, where, while traveling in space, he projected an illusion around his ship so that a nearby fleet wouldn't spot him.

Emperordmb
Luke also made Caedus flip complete shit at one point by making him see a huge ass fleet.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.