Emperors vs Grand Masters

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sinious
Galactic Emperor Sidious, Sith Emperor Vitiate and False Emperor Malgus unite against the strongest Jedi Grand Masters of all time, Luke Skywalker and Yoda.

The 3 vs 2 fight takes place at the entrance hall of the Jedi Temple.

No amp, no prep and all out.

Which team wins?

Q99
Goes to the three most of the time. While the Jedi are individually stronger, none of the Emperors are easy to take out, and being double-teamed is likely to go badly for either of them.

Some of the time they *may* get lucky and take one of the weaker ones fast, and once it's two on two they'd win, but more than not the Emperors win.

Sinious
Makes sense. Sidious and Luke would most likely survive until both teams lose a member. Vitiate and Malgus can occupy Luke while Sidious kills Yoda and joins them or Sidious can hold off Luke while the TOR duo kill Yoda. These 2 scenarios are the worst possible matchings for the sith btw.

Probably, it would come down to Sidious and one of the other emperors vs Luke where the sith eventually win.

Skybreaker
Does one get the impression that Malgus is slightly out of his league here?

Or even Vitiate, whose strength in the Force may rival the other sith but really doesn't have much of a defense if it comes down to a clash of lightsabers.

Q99
Originally posted by Skybreaker

Sure, but he's the third here. He's tough enough to be a very significant factor against the other two, so he doesn't need to be able to handle them solo.

Individually, sure, but pair him with Malgus and it's a whole different story.

S_W_LeGenD
Emperors comfortably, IMO.

Sinious
No one to support the Jedi?

AncientPower
Luke and Yoda can both trash Malgus comfortably... unless people forgot what Luke did to Caedus, whom is magnitudes more powerful.

Once Malgus is done, Yoda takes Vitiate as Luke defeats Sidious.

OR

Yoda tanks Sidious meanwhile Luke roflstomps Malgus and takes Vitiate out in short order.

All-out Luke is a damn scary prospect.

Sinious
And Vitiate and Sidious will stand there and watch while Malgus gets trashed?

Nalaniel
The Emperors.

Trocity
The Jedi

AncientPower
No they will not, but these two hit with the Force like it is nobody's business and Malgus didn't seem to do well against Shan's TK.

SIDIOUS 66
Who are you on comic vine?

Sinious
Originally posted by AncientPower
No they will not, but these two hit with the Force like it is nobody's business and Malgus didn't seem to do well against Shan's TK.

You mean Hope Malgus who had already defeated her and then took a grenade in his face?

This is the Emperor Malgus who TK'ed 4 protags of SWTOR.

Originally posted by Kurupt Homie
Well, it's not as if Vitiate possesses any sort of feats indicating adequate perception speed and/or reaction speed to respond to their trashing of the good ol' bald guy. And the real Emperor can't deal with them both on his own.

wink

Welcome back Happy Dance

Emperordmb
Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
Who are you on comic vine?
Intrepid...

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Sinious

Welcome back Happy Dance
My thoughts exactly.

OT: Dunno, could go either way.

Sinious
Banned from CV.

A true vagabundo big grin

SIDIOUS 66
Sinious, shut up.

Sinious
Sinious, shut up.

What if I can't? What happens if I fail?

SIDIOUS 66
What if I can't? What happens if I fail?

Pretend I'm Vitiate.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Nalaniel
The Emperors.

Sinious
Pretend I'm Vitiate.

Like you pretend you're Sidious everyday to forget about your lame ass life?

Why didnt you just pm him right away and spammed this thread instead? Are you a troll or simply an idiot?

So you want him to shoot all over you?

laughing

Lord Stark
The Grand Masters. Yoda is every bit Sidious' equal imo, so that match is 50/50. If Yoda holds off Sidious, Malgus and Vitiate will get obliterated by Luke.

Although Vitiate's raw force power is on par with Sidious, he lacks the saber skills to not get obliterated by Luke.

Stigma

Or even Vitiate, whose strength in the Force may rival the other sith but really doesn't have much of a defense if it comes down to a clash of lightsabers.
I concur.

No amp/nexus/prep to benefit from means that Vitiate will die first. He seems to be the weakest duelsit too, being an easy prey for Luke or Yoda in sabers.

Luke defeats Sidious after a longer battle.

Yoda is Malgus's clear superior.

In a nutshell, taking into the account the OP stips the pecking order here is:
Luke>DE Sidious>Yoda>>Malgus/Vitiate

Jedi's chances look quite good, considering they are outnumbered.

Originally posted by Lord Stark
The Grand Masters. Yoda is every bit Sidious' equal imo, so that match is 50/50. If Yoda holds off Sidious, Malgus and Vitiate will get obliterated by Luke.

Although Vitiate's raw force power is on par with Sidious, he lacks the saber skills to not get obliterated by Luke.
thumb up x2

Skybreaker
And Vitiate and Sidious will stand there and watch while Malgus gets trashed?

Sidious will be otherwise occupied, and WTF is Vitiate supposed to do against Luke? Skywalker is immensely faster, more powerful and a far more intelligent combatant; he's going to know to always keep Malgus in between the two for the short time that he is alive. Vitiate's strategy in every confrontation is just to hope that his nexus-enhanced power is enough to overcome his enemies outright; if he can't do that, he stalls for time, and if he can't do that, he just gets ****ed and hopes for a plot device to save him.

Skywalker seems to play up and down to his competition; when he isn't screwing around, he's pretty damned scary.

Sinious
lmao

Nephthys
Sidious will be otherwise occupied, and WTF is Vitiate supposed to do against Luke? Skywalker is immensely faster, more powerful and a far more intelligent combatant; he's going to know to always keep Malgus in between the two for the short time that he is alive. Vitiate's strategy in every confrontation is just to hope that his nexus-enhanced power is enough to overcome his enemies outright; if he can't do that, he stalls for time, and if he can't do that, he just gets ****ed and hopes for a plot device to save him.

Skywalker seems to play up and down to his competition; when he isn't screwing around, he's pretty damned scary.

Vitiate and Malgus working together can surely provide a challenge for Luke.

Sinious
They could be a lethal threat. Malgus tanking Luke's attacks can provide Vitiate to unleash the strongest FLS he can summon which could cause some problems for Luke. Or the trio can focus on areal assaults and work together. How about Vitiate and Malgus killing Yoda while Sidious holds off Luke? Seriously.

Nephthys
Vitiate busting out the mind-haxx on either of them wouldn't likely beat them outright, but would certainly give his allies a decisive edge in a fight as Yoda or Luke struggles to resist him.

ares834
Vitiae's mindhax were resisted by a single guardsmen for awhile. big grin

Selenial
How have I not seen this thread yet?

Jedi, without Prep I think Yoda could comfortably 2v1 Malgus and Vitiate.

Sinious
Originally posted by Selenial
without Prep I think Yoda could comfortably 2v1 Malgus and Vitiate.

I love how you have like 15 55 lvls but sometimes you make no sense pumpkin.

Selenial
I love how you have like 15 55 lvls but sometimes you make no sense pumpkin.

*shrug*

I don't take Game Mechanics as Canon. Vitiate with Prep would destroy him with Malgus, but without prep I doubt it.

Malgus would give him trouble I guess, but he's not a protective kind of fighter and won't protect Vitiate anywhere near enough. Vitiates mastery with a blade is the topic of many a meme around here, I don't think you believe he'd last against Yoda any more than I do.

Sinious
Wait, you think Malgus would defeat Vitiate 1on1?

Skybreaker

Malgus tanking Luke's attacks

Which he can do because...?

Which then hits Malgus in the back.

I think emerald lightning would cause a lot more problems for Vitiate. Or 15 seconds in a lightsaber duel.

Sith? Working together? Better than two Jedi who actually knew and respected one another? laughing

How about Yoda leaping at Vitiate and engaging him in a saber duel that lasts all of 30 seconds? "Working together" Malgus and Vitiate are more likely to kill one another than the grandmaster.

He holds off Luke until Yoda comes, then he dies.

Selenial
Wait, you think Malgus would defeat Vitiate 1on1?

No, I meant Malgus would get in the way of Yoda trying to kill Vitiate.

Though maybe actually, without any prep at all, no Knowledge of malgus wanting him dead and No Nexus, Malgus might win 3-4/10

psmith81992
http://m.memegen.com/s1q23k.jpg

Sinious
Malgus tanking Luke's attacks

Which he can do because...?

He can survive Luke for a short period of time.

Malgus will be dead by the time Vitiate unleashes the lightning.

lol @ this. Vitiate faced great combatants who are mastered duelists before. Lacking lightsaber feats(even though he fought HoT properly while weakened) didnt stop him from defeating them. Luke is more powerful than those he faced so he can't defeat Luke but its lolworthy to think Vitiate would go down in seconds.

There is no context here so there won't be any inner fighting. Vitiate can amp people pretty well and they don't have to work better. They will have the advantage in numbers which would work well for them in an areal offense.

Read above.

Once Yoda is dead, Vitiate and Malgus join Sidious and kill Luke too. thumb up

Sinious
No, I meant Malgus would get in the way of Yoda trying to kill Vitiate.

Though maybe actually, without any prep at all, no Knowledge of malgus wanting him dead and No Nexus, Malgus might win 3-4/10

I don't even wanna know where you place Vitiate compared to characters like Dooku, Ventress etc.

Selenial
I don't even wanna know where you place Vitiate compared to characters like Dooku, Ventress etc.

Above them by quite a bit. Malgus is a bit of a tank though, he can survive a Lightning barrage long enough to make it a saber duel.

Sinious
Above them by quite a bit.

Good to know.

Not Vitiate's lightning. Besides Vitiate won't go down the moment it comes to dueling as he proved that already against HoT.

Skybreaker
He can survive Luke for a short period of time.

Can he? Why do you say this?

Oh, so he's just charging his lightning discreetly in the background while Luke kills his partner, ok, like, this obviously isn't a tactic that Luke has ever encountered before or could possibly think of a solution for. Like, he couldn't fling Malgus's corpse at him and then follow through with his saber, or just fold space his saber at him, or just do anything that doesn't involve him doing exactly what you want him to do for your schemes to work out.

Because he was so much more powerful than everybody else in his era that it never got down to a lightsaber duel.

How is it lolworthy when Vitiate's only chance of survival is keeping Skywalker at a distance? Just how is he going to do that exactly?

There is no context here so you can't just throw out that the side known for being treacherous will "work together" while the two Jedi presumably do not.

Yes, he can, but no precedent suggests he can amp people and defend himself simultaneously.

That's one way to look at things. Another way to look at it is Luke can quickly kill the duo whichever way you slice things.

Oh, yeah, because Malgus has plenty of expertise dueling a 3 foot midget.

Stigma
Ironically, the team with numbers on their side seems to be on an overall disadvantage.

Vitiate gets saber raped by either Yoda or Luke to the point it's not even funny erm

Force-wise with no amp/prer Vitiate is heavily hampered and should not be able to stand up to Yoda or stars help him to Luke.

lol@ Malgus tanking Luke.

Luke can take and win comfortably against Malgus/Vitiate duo while Yoda holds off Sidious for a while. Then it's 2v1 and Jedi win.

Sinious
Can he? Why do you say this?

Oh, so he's just charging his lightning discreetly in the background while Luke kills his partner, ok, like, this obviously isn't a tactic that Luke has ever encountered before or could possibly think of a solution for. Like, he couldn't fling Malgus's corpse at him and then follow through with his saber, or just fold space his saber at him, or just do anything that doesn't involve him doing exactly what you want him to do for your schemes to work out.

All I mean is that Malgus may be weaker than everyone else here but he isnt a weakling you can randomly one-shot. Luke is more powerful true but his style of fighting isnt good for taking down enemies brutally. He like most jedi has a more peaceful approach on these confrontations. He could even keep it defensive at first.Vitiate was able to charge an incredibly powerful FLS before the strike team could walk up to him and they weren't far at all. With Malgus distracting Luke for a short while, Vitiate can most likely provide an even stronger offense for the sith team.

And do you think that the advantage in numbers has no meaning here cause Luke is smart?

BS. He was the most powerful but you make it sound like every other TOR character is just weak or average.

Its not an instant game over for Vitiate when it coms to melee combat and having a beast like Malgus surely will pay off. Also, the TOR duo's job is to keep up with Luke until Sidious kills Yoda, not defeat him completely and at least surviving Luke is not an unrealistic scenario.

That is not how versus match-ups work here. erm

Every time a sith team fights a jedi team, someone would bring that argument up and the sith would lose automatically. Does that make any sense to you?

Its like he never multi-tasked in fights before that you find the courage to claim that. He'd probably go for a TP attack instead though even if it would only keep the enemies' minds busy/troubled to give Sidious an advantage.

Another thing is, sith like Sidious and Vitiate can combine attacks together. Sith have a more aggressive and destructive style of fighting and top tier sith who also mastered sorcery could achieve greater power together and again, having a tank like Malgus is a great addition to the team.

I'm curious, how many Vitiates do you think it would take to prevent him from getting slaughtered by Luke's lightsaber?

Not sure if you're serious but this is probably the worst argument I've ever heard of about a fight with Yoda in it. big grin

Skybreaker
All I mean is that Malgus may be weaker than everyone else here but he isnt a weakling you can randomly one-shot.

One-shot? No, but he's weak enough to not really be consequential, or dangerous for anything but a cheap shot. More importantly, if Luke wants to get to Vitiate, he's getting to Vitiate, and Malgus force pushing him or standing in his way isn't going to meaningfully stop him.

You see, this is actually something that you're missing; the instant he sees Palpatine, Luke Skywalker is not going to be holding back. Skywalker plays up and down to the competition, and seeing who he considers the one sith that he never thought could be redeemed, and the most dangerous foe he's ever faced, throws all the ridiculous CIS that typically hangs with him out the window.

I would be more interested in the time it took them to reach him than the distance between them.

But again, Luke isn't going to go after Malgus, he's going to go after Vitiate, and Malgus isn't going to be fast enough or powerful enough to stop him. Think back to his fight against Zen Zallow; the two combatants switch their orientations multiple times during the duel, and at any moment Luke could have direct pathway to Vitiate.

No, it's cause I do not at all buy that Malgus is going to be able to prevent Luke from closing the distance against Vitiate.

Compared to Vitiate, they were weaklings, particularly when the Emperor has time to prepare on his nexus.

Except that it kind of is, because his only saber feat is getting disarmed by a poorly thought out saber throw from Meetra that could have killed him had she aimed for his body. That doesn't paint his abilities in a very flattering light.

2 vs 1 against Luke in sabers, Malgus is better off if Vitiate isn't there.

There isn't even guarantee that Sidious could defeat Yoda at all, and should he do so it will last far longer than the 2 v 1 fight, whichever way either goes.

That is not how versus match-ups work here. erm

Every time a sith team fights a jedi team, someone would bring that argument up and the sith would lose automatically. Does that make any sense to you?

Its like he never multi-tasked in fights before that you find the courage to claim that. He'd probably go for a TP attack instead though even if it would only keep the enemies' minds busy/troubled to give Sidious an advantage.

Another thing is, sith like Sidious and Vitiate can combine attacks together. Sith have a more aggressive and destructive style of fighting and top tier sith who also mastered sorcery could achieve greater power together and again, having a tank like Malgus is a great addition to the team.

I'm curious, how many Vitiates do you think it would take to prevent him from getting slaughtered by Luke's lightsaber?

Not sure if you're serious but this is probably the worst argument I've ever heard of about a fight with Yoda in it. big grin

Sinious
Something went wrong there big grin

Sinious
suicide bump (**** you Elimist)

With all the new info we have now, the placement of some of the characters here have changed. So, who would win in 2016?

SunRazer
Malgus gets turned into paste. Not sure if he'll even factor into this.

Yoda vs Vitiate is hard to decide, but Luke takes Sidious.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Yoda dies to Peakorion and Malgus before Sidious does to Luke. smile

SunRazer
True, if it goes that way, the Sith win. I was thinking Luke could demolish Malgus whilst fighting Sidious though.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Sidious gives Malgus a respect amp and they take Luke. smile

SunRazer
Luke enters Oneness and throws the Sith trio into a blender.

Nephthys
Luke wouldn't demolish Malgus and Sidious or Valkorion can more than protect and support him if they need to.

Deronn_solo
Emperors.

The Ellimist
Malgus is useless, Jedi win.

Deronn_solo
Doesn't matter, LMAO.

Yoda isn't on Palpatine and Valkorion's level either.

The Ellimist
This is "galactic emperor" Sidious, i.e. OT Sidious, so I'd say the gap between him and Yoda is smaller than the gap between Luke and Valkorion, and Malgus is again a non-factor who dies instantly.

Syndicate
Close match. Leaning Jedi.

Selenial
I'd lean Sith, now, if we're considering Valkorion instead of Vitiate.

Syndicate
I believe we only use Valkorian if specified as Valkorian even though they're technically the same being.

Selenial
Well this thread is years old, and Sinious wants to know our opinion given new information, hence he wants to know our opinion using Valkorion.

Syndicate
Fair enough. Sith should take this then.

Sinious
Originally posted by The Ellimist
This is "galactic emperor" Sidious, i.e. OT Sidious, so I'd say the gap between him and Yoda is smaller than the gap between Luke and Valkorion, and Malgus is again a non-factor who dies instantly. Originally posted by Selenial
Well this thread is years old, and Sinious wants to know our opinion given new information, hence he wants to know our opinion using Valkorion. Alright then.

R1: ROTJ Sidious and Valkorion
R2: DE Sidious and peak Vitiate (pre-Ziost)

ROTS Yoda, FE Malgus, and prime Luke for both rounds

The Ellimist
Jedi win round 1 because Luke is above Valk by more than Yoda is below Sidious (or Luke > Sidious and Yoda > Valk).

Round 2 is closer but Jedi still win.

Malgus is fodder.

carthage
Compared to Yoda and Luke, **** yeah he is

Deronn_solo
LAL @ Yoda > Val.

The Ellimist
Feats for Valk? One shotting Darth Marr?

NTJack0
Malgus gets ragdolled. Luke takes out Palpatine while Yoda holds off Vitiate.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
LAL @ Yoda > Val.

thumb up

Theoretical peak Yoda may be on par or above, tho.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.