Revan Reborn vs SWTOR Revan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
Same People, Different Times.

Who takes this?

(Revan Reborn is the Revan we see between his fight with Darth Nyriss, up to the end of his battle with Vitiate. SWTOR Revan is from the very moment you free him from his prison on the light side, to his last appearance in SWTOR)

DarthAnt66
Revan Reborn. His state of mind allows him to call on both sides more purely. Plus SWTOR's mind is scarred from his war with Vitiate.

Fated Xtasy
Is there even gap between Reborn Revan and SWTOR Revan in terms of Power and Skill? Sure SWTOR Revan is scarred by years of torment. But nothing suggests - at least nothing that i've seen and/or heard - that SWTOR Revan is any less skilled than Reborn Revan. I think they would stalemate. But that's just my opinion.

Lord Stark
Revan Reborn imo. SWTOR Revan would not be able to casually own a Dark Council Member like that imo.

NewGuy01
Siding with SWTOR Revan.

Skybreaker
Originally posted by Lord Stark
Revan Reborn imo. SWTOR Revan would not be able to casually own a Dark Council Member like that imo.

I agree that Revan Reborn would win simply because being imprisoned for a couple hundred years is probably going to rust your skills, but owning a "dark council member" isn't terribly impressive when Nyriss herself really has no impressive feats.

Nephthys
Lolwut.

Nyriss was a freaking badass.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Nephthys
Lolwut.

Skybreaker
Lolwut.

So was Jango Fett. Turns out that being a "freaking badass" isn't a really quantitative attribute. Nyriss can pwn Scourge and Meetra; that's literally all that she ever does. Scourge at this point is still trash tier, and Meetra has the disadvantage of being on a DS nexus. There's nothing to tell us that Nyriss is more powerful than the likes of TCW Shaak Ti. That she is a member of the dark council doesn't mean anything.

Nephthys
Meetra solo'd Trayas Academy on a DS nexus, so that doesn't really matter much.

Also her lightning was strong enough to instantly disintegrate even after having to go through a barrier. And Revan casually palmed it.

NewGuy01
And Shaak Ti is also a freaking badass, and destroying her in such a manner would be equally insane.

ares834
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Is there even gap between Reborn Revan and SWTOR Revan in terms of Power and Skill? Sure SWTOR Revan is scarred by years of torment. But nothing suggests - at least nothing that i've seen and/or heard - that SWTOR Revan is any less skilled than Reborn Revan. I think they would stalemate. But that's just my opinion.

He was comatose and being drained for hundreds of years... Seems obvious he isn't going to be operating at peak power.

Now as for Dark!Revan or Revan Reborn v.2, I'd say they are both far more powerful.

Skybreaker
Meetra solo'd Trayas Academy on a DS nexus

And who is in Traya's academy exactly?

I mean, I think we both recognize that the Exile was horribly nerfed in the novel, but even taking feats at face value and translating them without modification there's nothing here suggesting that Meetra Surik was particularly powerful relative to the upper tiers of the SW universe.

Her own barrier, you mean. But I think it's safe to say Nyriss is powerful enough to not be insta-killed by her own lightning unless if she's a glass cannon, suggesting that Revan added power to the attack.

Yes, nobody's denying that Revan is incredibly powerful. I'm just denying that Nyriss is.

Sure, but I was generous in putting Nyriss on Shaak Ti's level when her own feat is taking on two characters of unremarkable ability.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Skybreaker
And who is in Traya's academy exactly?

I mean, I think we both recognize that the Exile was horribly nerfed in the novel, but even taking feats at face value and translating them without modification there's nothing here suggesting that Meetra Surik was particularly powerful relative to the upper tiers of the SW universe.

A ton of Sith Lords and Sith Assassins? I don't see how solo'ing an entire temple of Sith on a powerful DS nexus doesn't suggest Meetra as really ****ing powerful.

And not to mention beating Darth Traya, who would make Shaak Ti her b*tch if they fought on Malachor. If we are taking her feats at face-value, Nyriss pwning the woman who beat Traya should be making your scrote tighten up something fierce, boy.

Her own barrier, you mean. But I think it's safe to say Nyriss is powerful enough to not be insta-killed by her own lightning unless if she's a glass cannon, suggesting that Revan added power to the attack.

That is what I meant, yes. Official sources state that Revan threw "her own power" back at her. He didn't add anything. She had just charged up for a massive attack she couldn't defend against without a similar level of prep, making Revan's absorption of it all the more impressive.

Yes, nobody's denying that Revan is incredibly powerful. I'm just denying that Nyriss is.

She is.

DarthAnt66
Revan Reborn is canonically more powerful according to dialogue now. New ranking seemingly goes:
Revan Reborn = Darth Revan (SWTOR Revan) + Redeemed Revan. Note that Darth Revan is > Redeemed Revan.

FreshestSlice
Which Darth Revan? Pre-JCW Darth Revan was said to be weaker.

EDIT: Never mind.

DarthAnt66
Darth Revan like a day before his capture.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Revan Reborn is canonically more powerful according to dialogue now. New ranking seemingly goes:
Revan Reborn = Darth Revan (SWTOR Revan) + Redeemed Revan. Note that Darth Revan is > Redeemed Revan.

From what I got of the dialogue, during the Foundry Quest they were still one, but Dark Revan was coming to the forefront while Light Revan was becoming weaker. Then as Light Revan died, Dark Revan took complete control.

DarthAnt66
Dark Revan said though that Light Revan wasn't present for most of the mental war though.

NewGuy01
Well, I just look at Revan as he was during his release from the prison and in the Foundry, and he seems far more balanced than the Revan we have today.

Even in the battle itself, for the first half of the fight he's in "balance/light" state and then at half health or so he "embraces the Dark Side" and his dialogue is more like the current Revan.

The Merchant
Revan Reborn.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The one who isn't fubar.

Lord Stark
So was Jango Fett. Turns out that being a "freaking badass" isn't a really quantitative attribute. Nyriss can pwn Scourge and Meetra; that's literally all that she ever does. Scourge at this point is still trash tier, and Meetra has the disadvantage of being on a DS nexus. There's nothing to tell us that Nyriss is more powerful than the likes of TCW Shaak Ti. That she is a member of the dark council doesn't mean anything.

Shaak Ti is a badass, but Nyriss would crisp her. She was powerful enough to earn the allegiance of several councilors, seems like she was the Marr/Malgus of her era.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.