Krayt vs Plagueis

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Trocity
Round 1 - Apocalypse Krayt

Round 2 - Reborn Krayt

NewGuy01
Plagueis takes both in close fights IMO.

Sinious
Plagueis wins.

Q99
I'd go edge Pla/Edge Kra, respectively.

Probably. Plagueis has good feats but his precise level is hard to judge because he's never actually fought against another known factor.

Marco1907
Plagueis

Stigma
Very good fight.
I have those two pretty close, with Plagueis having an overall edge.

Nargaroth
Plagueis easily.

Lord Stark
Plagueis

Emperordmb
Plagueis.

psmith81992
Plagueis in a close battle.

Q99
Hm, I think others rate Pla higher than I do...

Nalaniel
Plagueis.

psmith81992
Yea I would probably say Krayt in close battle. Can go either way.

Skybreaker
Someone please tell me why the reborn Krayt is rated that highly? The original one was made a fool of by a bunch of sith holocrons. I'd imagine a "duel" against Plagueis would not really look like a duel at all.

Trocity
That was sick Krayt who was riddled with vong implants and parasites. Andeddu temporarily triggered his fear of being consumed by them.

Reborn Krayt no longer has that fear.

Q99
Originally posted by Skybreaker
Someone please tell me why the reborn Krayt is rated that highly? The original one was made a fool of by a bunch of sith holocrons. I'd imagine a "duel" against Plagueis would not really look like a duel at all.

That was an active live Sith spirit, Andeddu, pretending to be a holocron, he triggered the Vong growths, and Krayt overcame them.

And even *that* Krayt has very good high dueling feats in speed and strength, the only real problem is if the growths kick in.

Reborn Krayt overcame that weakness completely, removal of the growths increased his force power significantly (it was like wearing heavy weights for years, and having them suddenly lifted), and learned several new powers including, notably, achieved immortality in a way that Plagueis was seeking but had not reached, surpassing Plagueis in that.

Sick Krayt who was temporary inconvenience by Andeddu's spirit < Apocalypse Krayt < Reborn Krayt.

Skybreaker
^thanks for the info guys, although I still do not see how Krayt's power can compare to Plaguesis's. I am aware of most of his combat feats, and quite frankly none of them put him solidly above Dooku, let alone the guy Palpatine didn't have the guts to face in a real fight.

Q99
^thanks for the info guys, although I still do not see how Krayt's power can compare to Plaguesis's.

Both Caedus and Luke Skywalker felt Apocalypse Krayt- let alone Reborn- was very powerful, and I view them both as good judges of strength.

His sick form was able to blitz four masters and quick drive Cade Skywalker to his knees with strength. His Apocalypse form contributed heavily when fighting alongside Luke, able to shove an arm into Abeloth's chest bare handed and keep fighting after the arm was removed, and be generally effective.

He can palm-block lightning, overcome memory walk, self-resurrect, kill people by grabbing and dark transfering them, has shatterpoints, and has great speed/dueling feats.

Krayt has a lot that Dooku does not- some of which Plagueis doesn't have either.

That rookie Palpatine didn't chose to take on strait-on, despite being superior with a saber.

Sidious got stronger with time.

RotS Sidious > Plagueis

NewGuy01
I'd argue that combatively, TPM Sidious probably was too.

Nephthys
Didn't Luceno say that Plagueis would probably win in a fight though?

NewGuy01
I've heard the same thing, but no one has ever tied a source to it.

Emperordmb
Yeah but... it's Sidious... so...

Nephthys
I don't recall anyone mentioning any feats as of TPM suggesting Sidious could beat Plagueis, myself.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Nephthys
I don't recall anyone mentioning any feats as of TPM suggesting Sidious could beat Plagueis, myself.
Yeah... but it's Sidious...

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Nephthys

Oh goody, isn't that convenient?

http://www.comicvine.com/profile/shootingnova/blog/tpm-palpatine-darth-sidious-respect-thread/100444/

Also, how exactly would Palpatine get that much stronger by sitting in an office for 13 years?

Stigma
^thanks for the info guys, although I still do not see how Krayt's power can compare to Plaguesis's. I am aware of most of his combat feats, and quite frankly none of them put him solidly above Dooku, let alone the guy Palpatine didn't have the guts to face in a real fight.
Krayt's haxx tips the scales in his favor when measured against Dooku.

Plagueis>Reborn!Krayt>Dooku

Skybreaker
Originally posted by NewGuy01

Also, how exactly would Palpatine get that much stronger by sitting in an office for 13 years?

I think it's been established that he's done more than just that.

Nargaroth
I think it's been established that he's done more than just that.

Where? I don't recall him training his Force powers in those years. It is certain, however, that he progressively became more powerful after Rots, since he had more spare time to study his Sith artifacts.

Q99
'Sithisis' in Visionaries showed him conducting some sorcery. He trained Dooku and fought with Maul and Talzin. He had to have known a conflict with the Jedi's best was likely.

carthage
Hego takes all three

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.