SWTOR Sith lightsabres

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chilled monkey
Ever since the Prequel Trilogy its apparently necessary for every Sith/Dark Jedi to use a red-bladed lightsabre as apparently George Lucas thinks the audience is so stupid that we need the bad guys to be colour-coded or we won't be able to tell what they are.

Sorry for the rant.

Anyway, in SWTOR we actually see a bit of colour variety. While most Sith still use the stereotypical red blades there are also some who use purple or yellow. To my knowledge the TOR Sith are the only Sith organisation since the PT to show any such variety.

Does anyone have any thoughts as to what the in-story reason for this is?

FreshestSlice
Sith were color coded like that for the OT. :/

As for Sith using purple, they done that for a very long time. Much before TOR. Not sure why you think they started doing that there.

Nephthys
Ulic used a yellow lightsaber iirc.

Emperordmb
Kun used a blue one.

FreshestSlice
Null used green.

Nephthys
Nadd used orange.

NewGuy01
TOTJ was pretty funky.

Though the pre-AotC comics had many Jedi with red lightsabers.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Sith were color coded like that for the OT. :/

The OT only had one bad guy with a lightsabre (Vader). That's excusable.

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
As for Sith using purple, they done that for a very long time. Much before TOR. Not sure why you think they started doing that there.

Okay, list ten examples of Sith and/or Dark Jedi who used purple lightsabres and were created after the Prequel Trilogy came out.

Originally posted by
Ulic used a yellow lightsaber iirc.

Kun used a blue one.

Null used green.

Nadd used orange

Okay so did you all just miss the part where I very clearly stated:

"the TOR Sith are the only Sith organisation SINCE THE PT"?

You do know, don't you, that those were all written well before the Prequel Trilogy was made?

My point was that it was only after the Prequel Trilogy that Lucas decided every villain lightsabre had to be the same colour. Prior to that there was variety.

And since you all apparently need reminding:

Revan's lot- all red.

Sith Triumvirate- all red

Knight Errant era Sith- all red

Brotherhood of Darkness Sith- all red (except Bane and even that got changed)

Clone Wars Sith/Dark Jedi- all red

One Sith- all red.

Now I'll say again, since the Prequel Trilogy was made, every Sith organisation and/or Dark Jedi has used exclusively red blades except TOR. Why is that do you think?

chilled monkey
I'm sorry for my impoliteness in the above post. I thought I had made it clear that I was talking specifically about Sith/Dark Jedi created after the Prequel Trilogy. Evidently I was not clear enough.

Again, I am sorry.

Selenial
The reason Sith used red blades is because Red crystals were Synthetic and amplified the Dark side.

Purple and other colors could also do this, but the Crystals were rarer and Dark Sub-sects even rarer still...

Nephthys
Originally posted by Selenial
The reason Sith used red blades is because Red crystals were Synthetic and amplified the Dark side.

Purple and other colors could also do this, but the Crystals were rarer and Dark Sub-sects even rarer still...

Does this mean that most Sith are amped when using a red lightsaber?

Lol, shitton of feats super invalid right there now! laughing

NewGuy01
Nah, the only difference is that Synthetic crystals have greater cutting power, though are supposedly more fragile and less maneuverable.

Exar's lightsaber is apparently a force-enhancing artifact though.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Nephthys
Does this mean that most Sith are amped when using a red lightsaber?

Lol, shitton of feats super invalid right there now! laughing
Oh yeah. Even though the text never makes a big deal about it, we should just automatically assume the lightsaber crystals amp their abilities to a point at which none of their feats with the crystals are valid.

WildBantha88
Maul used a black lightsaber smile

Lord Stark
Nah in KOTOR II some of the Sith utilize purple sabers

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by chilled monkey
The OT only had one bad guy with a lightsabre (Vader). That's excusable.

That's not what I mean. Lucas specifically used red because Vader was evil. Red, bad. Blue, good. Green was only added because of Tatooine's backdrop.

Both KotOR and KotOR II are full of Dark Jedi who use purple lightsabers. Revan also used a purple lightsaber alongside his red one.

NewGuy01
Pretty sure the whole purple/red dual wield thing with Revan was fan work.

DarthAnt66
Nope. He always had the Red + Blue/Purple look.
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11114/111140132/3798793-8541522492-_nflw.gif
http://www.battlegrip.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/revan-420x357.jpg

NewGuy01
That's blue, not purple.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.