Which of these characters would be your General?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
Alright out of this list who would you get to lead your team and why?

1.Captain America

2.Wolverine

3.Spider-Man

4.Batman

5.Martian Manhunter

6.Black Panther

7.Iron Man

Mindset
BP

Tactical skills of trained soldier and a technological genius.

golem370
I think MM for me

DarkSaint85
What is it to do? What is my team being led to do?

golem370
Anything/everything

Digi
Cap. Because, c'mon, it's Cap. I'm a Spider-Man fan, not a Cap fan, and this answer is still crystal clear to me.

golem370
Even with Martian Manhunters abilities he could read minds control people sneak around against his enemies a lot of things

Digi
Originally posted by golem370
Even with Martian Manhunters abilities he could read minds control people sneak around against his enemies a lot of things

Lead your team. Obviously MM has the most versatility (well, maybe Tony), but this is a very specific thing being asked. J'onn is great, but he naturally defers to many of the other leaders around him. I don't want the problems that would come with a leader being rolled over, and I assume I'd have, ya know, a TEAM of people. So basing it on powers alone seems short-sighted.

Mindship
Stark, if I get my own suit. If not, then Cap.

Existere
Yeah, Cap.

MF DELPH
T'Challa. Cap's a better field general, but he can't double as an engineer/research scientist to provide his troops the best tools and intel for the job. Between T'Challa, Tony, and Batman, T'Challa has the greatest resources (an entire technologically advanced nation with full control of it's natural resources, and a patron god). IMO it's really just between T'Challa and Bruce, and T'Challa has a slight edge.

riv6672
What leadership feats does BP actually have, or have these skills just been retconned into him?
I look at Avengers history PB(pre Bendis) and dont recall him having any leadership time, much less leading during any Major events in Avengers history.

That question/comment aside, i choose Cap.

Digi
I guess I'm assuming that the team will have a tech guy, a big gun, etc. I chose solely on their ability to lead. Because, yeah, T'Challa enters the discussion otherwise.

Dreampanther
Cap. By far. Bruce has trust issues, so he is better solo or leading a small group of people he knows well or have trained personally. T'Challa is also better solo - he isn't even king of his own people anymore. While I'm a huge Panther fan, I actually think Namor is a better king/leader for his own people than Panther is. T'Challa reminds me a bit of Reed - he's just too smart for his own good.

As for Tony, well - Cap has proved to be a better leader over and over again, and I agree with Digi about MM tending to defer.

Stoic
1.Captain America

Existere
Originally posted by MF DELPH
T'Challa. Cap's a better field general, but he can't double as an engineer/research scientist to provide his troops the best tools and intel for the job. Between T'Challa, Tony, and Batman, T'Challa has the greatest resources (an entire technologically advanced nation with full control of it's natural resources, and a patron god). IMO it's really just between T'Challa and Bruce, and T'Challa has a slight edge. I think I would draft T'Challa before Cap if we're building a whole team.

If I already have a team and I specifically need a leader, I choose Cap.

deathslash
Originally posted by Existere
I think I would draft T'Challa before Cap if we're building a whole team.

If I already have a team and I specifically need a leader, I choose Cap.

relentless1
Batman any day, he's the greatest strategist/tactician of the bunch

SamZED
The right answer is Cap.

riv6672
K. Was just wondering.

relentless1
a General in real life has to be a great commander, that means great cunning, strategy, deception and tactics...read art of war people...anyways Batman exemplifies all these traits and more, a General doesn't have to be a great motivational leader he just has to be an efficient one and thats Batman to a tee

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by golem370
Alright out of this list who would you get to lead your team and why?

1.Captain America

2.Wolverine

3.Spider-Man

4.Batman

5.Martian Manhunter

6.Black Panther

7.Iron Man

Comes down to Cap or Bats, for me.

Wolverine and Iron Man would rather do all the work themselves, rather than delegate and lead. A general who leads from the front is noble and all, but also makes him a fricking huge target.

Spider-man....no.

Martian Manhunter? He's best as an enabler. A support staff member. I would want him on my team, but not as a General. If anything, I would want my general to give him orders so he could relay it to the rest of the team, but not actually make decisions which overrule the general.

BP is also a good choice, but I haven't seen him lead, as such. He's a less self-destructive Iron Man, iow.

Batman for me is more of an all-rounder than Cap, if only for the borderline criminality he brings to the table. Need to plan and orchestrate a sneak attack? He's your man. Need to coordinate a massive brightly coloured superhero invasion? Cap edges him out here, not to mention, he has the international thing going for him.

People from other nations are less likely to follow Cap in full US regalia.

golem370
Does your opinion about Wolverine and Iron Man some what but Batman in the same ball park and BP if general makes people a huge target Batman & BP are the least durable in the list, Cap has the shield Wolverine has the healing & adamantium bones Martian Manhunter can phase or stay back Iron Man has the armor and Spider-Man has the spider-sense. Doesn't Batman usually have that one gunman attitude as well?

DarkSaint85
Batman doesn't charge at the front, the whole point of him is that he skulks in the shadows. He does have a lone gunman attitude, but that comes after he's been sitting at the Bat computer for ages, formulating the perfect plot.

riv6672
Durability isnt a huge factor here.
This is about leadership.

Caps Conscience
Out of this list Cap is best leader and would make the best General.

carver9
Batman doesn't listen though. Sometimes a leader is wrong and telling Batman that he is wrong would go in one ear and out the other which leads to failure. The best and only choice is Cap with BP being second.

riv6672
Still calling BS on BP, but your Bats/Cap point is spot on.
Other than that point, the two are virtually equal in this category.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.