Favorite Star Wars Fan Films (Reviews encouraged)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
In general, fan films usually aren't very good, crappy lighting, robot acting, and shit like that, despite that, the fan world has made some decent attempts at REAL movies/films. This is the place to discuss that.

This fits into NO other category, so it's going here, and it's technically the EU, just fanmade EU.

Favorite as of late would have to be Star Wars: Threads of Destiny. It still had the robot acting, and you could clearly see a white outline around characters in certain areas. It seemed very good for what it was, the plot was interesting, and I firmly enjoyed what they did with it. However, I don't really care for the shallow side plotline of the movie. With Anakin and Padme, it wasn't shallow, they knew each other since they were children, and grew to love each other.

With Raven Darkham, and Princess Arianna Ad'lah, that isn't the case, they meet a few times, she flirts with him the first time they meet, and at one point, Siege even tells her that he is going to "kill the person she loves most". Keep in mind, they have had ONE intimate moment before that.

All in All though, I did enjoy the movie, even if it did have 2 saber fights, and 1 real fist fight.

Jmanghan
Really guys? Nothing?

Sinious
I enjoyed watching fan made duels but haven't really seen a fan film good enough to enjoy. There was a weird french one which wasn't bad but I don't remember the name of the film.

NewGuy01
Some group is making a fan-film following the Revan novel, and it looks pretty cool. It won't be done until like May though.

There's that one where Maul fights the grotesque Zabrak Brothers.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Sinious
I enjoyed watching fan made duels but haven't really seen a fan film good enough to enjoy. There was a weird french one which wasn't bad but I don't remember the name of the film. Revelations?

Trocity
Originally posted by NewGuy01

That was such an awesome duel.

Q99
There's a number of good pure lightsaber fights... like the Ryan vs Dorkman series, culminating in Ryan vs Dorkman 2, which in fighting terms is better than just about any canon on-screen duel.

Sinious
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Revelations?

No not that one. I'll post if I find out.

Trocity
No not that one. I'll post if I find out.

Is it the one with the dude who has the pony tail and he fights those two guys with I think hoods/masks?

Jmanghan
Some group is making a fan-film following the Revan novel, and it looks pretty cool. It won't be done until like May though.

1. They gave Revan the wrong face. 2. The costumes look horrible. Like, literally god-awful, did you see what Scourge looked like on the poster???

Sinious
Originally posted by Trocity
Is it the one with the dude who has the pony tail and he fights those two guys with I think hoods/masks?

Yeah and then the sith master charges up a weird lightning sphere attack. Its in the woods and the jedi dude can't forgive himself cause he fell to the dark side for a time. It's something like that right?

Jmanghan
Shadow of Corruption was pretty damn good in my opinion.

Fated Xtasy
The KoTOR 2 fanmade movies by DarthYcey on youtube were very good actually(the first one had a microsoft voice) but the two movies are pretty well done(does this count btw?) Then there's that fanmade short movie with Revan. It was pretty decent, good choreography, lightning graphics etc. Acting was "meh"

red8
MasterZero8 on Youtube has some good ones. There was one about Mara Jade and another about Bastilla and Darth Revan. Both were pretty good. His A Light in the Darkness trilogy is also good.

Jmanghan
It'd be cool if they made a Fan Film based on the actual KOTOR movie, but it'd have to have a GOOD budget.

Trocity
Yeah and then the sith master charges up a weird lightning sphere attack. Its in the woods and the jedi dude can't forgive himself cause he fell to the dark side for a time. It's something like that right?

Yeah, that's the one! I enjoyed that one too, even though I didn't understand it lmao.

NewGuy01

Pretty sure it's just called ""Versus".

Jmanghan

How'd you like it? Now that its out now?

Nalaniel

That one was amazing. Also the only fan made thing I watched.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Jmanghan
How'd you like it? Now that its out now?

Skimmed it on the day of release. It's about what I expected. Not something I would watch end to end, but then again, I couldn't read the book cover to cover either. Disappointed that they changed the ending, was looking forward to more Vitiate.

Trocity
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4is7h_cgzI

Not a fan made film, but that is a sweet fight.

FreshestSlice
0/10
Too rehearsed
That's not what real sword fights look like.

Jmanghan
Skimmed it on the day of release. It's about what I expected. Not something I would watch end to end, but then again, I couldn't read the book cover to cover either. Disappointed that they changed the ending, was looking forward to more Vitiate. They didn't change the ending, they just removed it.

NewGuy01
No, in their version Meetra leaves Dromund Kaas.

Trocity
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
0/10
Too rehearsed
That's not what real sword fights look like.

Not many fights from Star Wars do look like real sword fights. Only OT fights are legit in that way.

Glad you enjoyed it, lmao.

Jmanghan
No, in their version Meetra leaves Dromund Kaas.

Oh.

...Thats weird.

Am I the only one who tried to skip to the end to watch the Revan Strike Team vs Vitiate fight?

Syndicate
What's the one with Jeric and Kyle?

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Syndicate
What's the one with Jeric and Kyle? LOL

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.