Maul, Ventress and Kenobi vs. Dooku and Anakin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stigma
Which team wins?

All characters at their peak.
Setting: Tatooine desert

NewGuy01
Prolly T2.

NewGuy01
You don't think Dooku can handle Ventress and Kenobi until Anakin defeats Maul?

Nephthys
That was my thought.

Marco1907
team 1 solidly

McP
Team 2.

Marco1907
Ventress or Kenobi can solo Anakin alone, win or loss debatable, together they can beat him solidly.

MMw-wojEAug

Aurbere
Team 2 has the better chance of winning. They can both take on either one of the members of Team 1 on their own. However, it depends on who fights who. I think Dooku could handle Ventress and Kenobi while Anakin takes on Maul, but if either one of them goes up against a duo with Maul in it, they will be hard pressed to win.

Of course, Dooku could just remove Kenobi or Ventress from the engagement, which would definitely give Team 2 the victory.

Marco1907
Originally posted by Conservative W
Dude, just go back to CV.

Why ? It seems you guys are following me all the time, so that's unnecessary.

And yeah, Emokin still loses to Obi-Wan.

McP
Ventress has almost zero chances to beat Anakin in 1v1 combat. She always was more capable of beating Kenobi then Skywalker.

The worst scenario for Dooku and Anakin is Maul engaging Dooku, and Ventress and Kenobi engaging Skywalker. But I doubt, that Dooku will let for that.

Marco1907
Originally posted by McP
Ventress has almost zero chances to beat Anakin in 1v1 combat. She always was more capable of beating Kenobi then Skywalker.

The worst scenario for Dooku and Anakin is Maul engaging Dooku, and Ventress and Kenobi engaging Skywalker. But I doubt, that Dooku will let for that.

You are forgetting that she maimed him (eye scar) , she can tire him or maim him again.

ILS
Going with Team 1. If this fight was set somewhere akin to the KenobiKin/Dooku RotS duel, I'd go with Team 2 due to the fact Dooku could ragdoll and launch Kenobi into something, incapacitating him for at least a decent amount of time. This is set in a desert. Being attacked by telekinesis only to land on sand and then stand back up isn't going to be the end of Kenobi here. It'll end in a saber duel, and either way a duo is going to win their fight and then dogpile the last guy.

McP
You are forgetting, that she was beaten by him in every single duel.

Marco1907
Originally posted by McP
You are forgetting, that she was beaten by him in every single duel.

Didn't you see the video ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMw-wojEAug

McP
And? This fight was equal, and Anakin - unlike Obi-Wan - would possibly take the upper hand. Like always in his fights against her.

Marco1907
Originally posted by McP
And? This fight was equal, and Anakin - unlike Obi-Wan - would possibly take the upper hand. Like always in his fights against her.

Nah, Obi-Wan can handle Asajj as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e14jJ1KxiDQ

McP
Oh yeah, possibly. I'm basing on the old canon as well. She did much better against him in "Republics" and books.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Marco1907
Why ? It seems you guys are following me all the time, so that's unnecessary.

He's been around here for almost two years. You've been here for a couple months. erm

DARTH POWER
All out? Depends who Maul takes on. Because Dooku should solidly defeat Kenobi and Ventress in an all out. Whilst I can't see Anakin vs Kenobi+Ventress going well at all for Skywalker.

Lord Stark
Dooku and Anakin solidly.

Marco1907
Originally posted by NewGuy01
He's been around here for almost two years. You've been here for a couple months. erm

Wtf are you talking about ? I was talking to Whirlwind's fake account Conservative W ...

Or don't tell me that he is trolling KMC for 2 years ?

DarthAnt66
Conservative W is Intrepid37...

Skybreaker
Ventress...can solo Anakin alone,

OK, I get it, you're a troll. I'm not even saying that as an insult; good job at acting just smart enough that I didn't really get it at first.

Marco1907
Originally posted by Skybreaker
OK, I get it, you're a troll. I'm not even saying that as an insult; good job at acting just smart enough that I didn't really get it at first.

Watch the video noob. And shut the **** up.

MMw-wojEAug

Even Bariss Offee gave a good fight to him. Jeeses.... Emokin fans needs to be stop.

o73CGa-s-Cw

Skybreaker
It's almost as if Anakin's abilities remain constant throughout the saga or something.

Don't be an idiot; Anakin Skywalker at his peak destroyed Dooku in one of the most dominating dueling performances in the canon.

Marco1907
And get ass kicked by Obi-Wan. Turned into slow robot man.

DARTH POWER
Watch the video noob. And shut the **** up.

MMw-wojEAug

That was early CW, and Ventress never even won that.

Even Bariss Offee gave a good fight to him. Jeeses.... Emokin fans needs to be stop.

o73CGa-s-Cw

That was Barriss who turned to the Dark Side. We have no idea how powerful she was. And Anakin still won.

Oh and in that same episode Anakin force chokes Ventress, and she's not able to break free from his grip.

Nephthys
Personally I think Marco has a point. Anakin is overhyped. While is is above most of his opponents like Savage, Ventress etc, it's not by that large a margin.

Arhael
Team 2.

Also, would be nice, if Anakin had at least some feats of fighting multiple opponents.

Skybreaker
And get ass kicked by Obi-Wan. Turned into slow robot man.

Because Anakin's decision to try to summersault over a soresu master on an elevated surface is somehow related to his ability to defeat Ventress now?

Don't pretend that you don't know the circumstances of the duel; mainly, that in addition to Anakin being in a compromised emotional state, Obi Wan knew all of Anakin's moves and deliberately turned the duel into one optimal to his soresu style of combat. Even ignoring the fact that Obi Wan as of RotS is certainly nothing to sneeze at, given that his weaker self shit all over Ventress like she was a joke, Anakin's performance against Obi Wan in no manner suggests he couldn't hand Ventress his ass on a silver platter.

But hey, isn't it so interesting that you cleverly tried to change the subject from Anakin's asskicking of Dooku, you know his "peak" performance, because you obviously couldn't give anything to suggest that Ventress is on that level. All you've done is provide examples of duels from the early TCW that Anakin actually won. Anakin Skywalker bends Ventress over.

Marco1907
So ? Obi-Wan was more hindered than Anakin ; (or at least hindered as him)

--------------

But hey, isn't it so interesting that you cleverly tried to change the subject from Anakin's asskicking of Dooku, you know his "peak" performance, because you obviously couldn't give anything to suggest that Ventress is on that level. All you've done is provide examples of duels from the early TCW that Anakin actually won. Anakin Skywalker bends Ventress over.

I already told you, Anakin used his Djem So advantage against Dooku's makashi ;

DARTH POWER

I already told you, Anakin used his Djem So advantage against Dooku's makashi ;

Where was that advantage throughout TCW?

Originally posted by Nephthys
Personally I think Marco has a point. Anakin is overhyped. While is is above most of his opponents like Savage, Ventress etc, it's not by that large a margin.

I would probably be inclined to agree with this, IF Anakin didn't do so consistently well against Count Dooku.

Marco1907
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Where was that advantage throughout TCW?

Season 4 Episode 18

FreshestSlice
Of course you do. Now if we switch the words "Anakin Skywalker" for let's say, "Darth Zannah" or "the Hero of Tython" and "Savage, Ventress, etc," with "Sarro Xaj, Bane, etc" or "Angral, Scourge, etc" you wouldn't even entertain the notion of circumstantial victories.

The_Tempest
thumb up

He's legendary for the double standards. Love him, doe!

DARTH POWER
Season 4 Episode 18

He kicked him over some stairs. What the heck does have have to do with a Djem So weakness?

Do you need me to show you Dooku kicking Skywalker rendering him helpless?

Aurbere
I don't think getting kicked is a sign of weakness to physical attacks or kinetic force. This would imply that Vader, Anakin, Obi-Wan, Sidious, and even Darth Maul have a weakness to kinetic force. They've all been kicked, just like Dooku.

Nephthys
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Of course you do. Now if we switch the words "Anakin Skywalker" for let's say, "Darth Zannah" or "the Hero of Tython" and "Savage, Ventress, etc," with "Sarro Xaj, Bane, etc" or "Angral, Scourge, etc" you wouldn't even entertain the notion of circumstantial victories.

Who said anything about circumstantial victories? I said Anakin was above those two, so I don't see why he needs a circumstantial victory to beat them. And Zannah's victory over Bane and Sarro was circumstantial, obviously. Also I've never suggested that Angral and Scourge didn't approach the Hero at the time she fought them. I'm sure they did.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Aurbere
I don't think getting kicked is a sign of weakness to physical attacks or kinetic force. This would imply that Vader, Anakin, Obi-Wan, Sidious, and even Darth Maul have a weakness to kinetic force. They've all been kicked, just like Dooku.

Heck Anakin's been kicked by Dooku

FreshestSlice
Who said anything about circumstantial victories? I said Anakin was above those two, so I don't see why he needs a circumstantial victory to beat them.
Anakin destroyed Dooku. Absolutely, and Dooku is superior to those two together. And not that long ago, you claimed Anakin was Obi-Wan level in all aspects.

You claimed HoT as of Act I was more powerful than Revan, who has shown to be leagues above these two. As for Zannah, you claimed that wasn't the case and that Zannah was as skilled as Bane in almost all aspects and that she could dominate almost the entire mythos.

Marco1907
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
He kicked him over some stairs. What the heck does have have to do with a Djem So weakness?

Do you need me to show you Dooku kicking Skywalker rendering him helpless?

C'mon now, he fall there because of kinetic power of Anakin's Djem so, Obi-Wan never managed to kick Dooku for example, because he can't regenerate enough kinetic power with Soresu.

Xhys5CPFB_I

Aurbere
C'mon now, he fall there because of kinetic power of Anakin's Djem so, Obi-Wan never managed to kick Dooku for example, because he can't regenerate enough kinetic power with Soresu.

Xhys5CPFB_I

Yet Dooku is able to floor Anakin with a kick. Why is that? Makashi doesn't generate kinetic force either.

Face it, being able to kick someone has nothing to do with the Form they use.

Nephthys
Anakin destroyed Dooku. Absolutely, and Dooku is superior to those two together. And not that long ago, you claimed Anakin was Obi-Wan level in all aspects.

I don't recall suggesting Anakin was Obi-Wan level in all aspects. I've always been among those who say that Anakin is above Obi-Wan in most regards and is very much approaching Dooku in sabers and the Force. But not as good as him. Anakin imo is betwen Obi-Wan and Dooku level. And Ventress and Savage are on Obi-Wan's level. Thus they approach him and can give him a decent fight. It's that simple.

You claimed HoT as of Act I was more powerful than Revan, who has shown to be leagues above these two. As for Zannah, you claimed that wasn't the case and that Zannah was as skilled as Bane in almost all aspects and that she could dominate almost the entire mythos.

If I did claim that then I was being unusually stupid that day. The HoT only reaches Revan's level in Act III imo. Also I wouldn't say Swtor Scourge is leagues lower than Revan.

Zannah is as skilled as Bane in almost all aspects. That doesn't mean her victory wasn't circumstantial.

Marco1907
Originally posted by Aurbere
Yet Dooku is able to floor Anakin with a kick. Why is that? Makashi doesn't generate kinetic force either.

Face it, being able to kick someone has nothing to do with the Form they use.

I meant kicking Dooku only. He is not taking lots of kicks unlike other combatants.

DARTH POWER

No that doesn't make any sense. Dooku gave Anakin a greater kick.

Skybreaker
So ? Obi-Wan was more hindered than Anakin

No, you aren't getting it. Both players knowing one another's moves will result in the duel being prolonged. Obi Wan not being willing to kill Anakin won't really affect his ability to defend himself and retreat continuously.

Obviously you never read the novel; Dooku was dominated by Anakin in both planes of the battlefield to an extent that the latter was essentially rendered helpless in every capacity. It was hardly a matter of disparate forms, as though Dooku had never encountered djem so before.

McP
Don't be an idiot; Anakin Skywalker at his peak destroyed Dooku in one of the most dominating dueling performances in the canon.

Obviously you never read the novel; Dooku was dominated by Anakin in both planes of the battlefield to an extent that the latter was essentially rendered helpless in every capacity. It was hardly a matter of disparate forms, as though Dooku had never encountered djem so before.

It's not a true man. Luke vs Vader (on DSII) was much more one-sided duel. Anakin fought Dooku with Obi-Wan's support, and they were unable to find any advantage over him. He kicked Anakin twice, and use Force push and Force choke on Kenobi.
In their last battle in TCW they couldn't even touch him, while he managed to kick them a lot.

Only Anakin who was using all of his strenght and powers could defeat Dooku. But still, Dooku wasn't as dominated as you think he was. At the end of the duel, he almost stoped Anakin's furious assault, and lost only because he lost his balance which enabled Anakin to grab his wrists with his hand. Anakin won, because he outmaneuvered Count and not because he dominated him.

And Anakin hadn't any advantage during this duel, until he stared to using his full fury. Stover's novel is opposite to the canon at that point.

carthage
Team 1.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.