New suit and powers?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

emporerpants
So supes is getting a new suit and powers? Are they replacing his other powers, or is he just getting more? I really hope they aren't doing that stupid energy being crap again. Will his new suit be similar? Does anyone know?

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by emporerpants
So supes is getting a new suit and powers? Are they replacing his other powers, or is he just getting more? I really hope they aren't doing that stupid energy being crap again. Will his new suit be similar? Does anyone know?

Its looking like they doing that stupid energy shit.

riv6672
Ugh.

Mindship
Jiminy Crickets. The industry needs to stop smoking crack for inspiration.

riv6672
I ugh'd but really, there should be no surprise. The DCnu has been hitting upa lot of the old story lines and gimmicks since it launched, with...twists.

christianrapper
i hope he is getting more powers

Mindship
Superman, as is, has an excellent powerset. Basic, easy to understand and utilize in a story, powerful enough to get the job done, yet also limited in that this forces Supes to be deliberately creative.

If you give him a powerset that's open, this is likely gonna invite more PIS/CIS, ala Surfer and Thor.

Superman is Superman. They did the one thing that was needed (nixed the outside-underoos); now leave him be. If they're having trouble coming up with new stories, hire new writers.

Of course, if this is a temporary situation, it could be interesting. But definitely: no permanent changes. It didn't work then, it won't work now.

/rant

One_Angry_Scot
In all honesty thought it is a plausible conclusion that he could get more powers. I mean look what happened to H'el after traversing through space near different colored suns and other spatial objects.

But I think what Mindship says is 100% correct.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.