Maul and Kenobi vs. Dooku (Sabers only)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KuRuPT Thanosi
who wins this fight?

KuRuPT Thanosi
I actually meant for Dooku to have Ventress on his team as well but still sabers only. Who wins.

Nargaroth
Team wins solidly.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
I actually meant for Dooku to have Ventress on his team as well but still sabers only. Who wins.

I was going to say Maul+Kenobi stomp. But Ventress evens the odds.

I think Dooku's solidly above Maul and Kenobi individually but Maul and Kenobi are solidly above Ventress individually as well.

So dunno. Leaning towards Dooku and Ventress since Dooku is the best swordsman here.

Good match up.

ILS
What does "solidly" mean on this site, exactly?

Trocity
Originally posted by ILS
What does "solidly" mean on this site, exactly?

Anything from mid difficulty to stomp.

Aurbere
Originally posted by DARTH POWER

I think Dooku's solidly above Maul and Kenobi individually but Maul and Kenobi are solidly above Ventress individually as well.

So dunno. Leaning towards Dooku and Ventress since Dooku is the best swordsman here.

Good match up.

I agree with this. If we add Ventress in, then Team 2 would have a better chance. Dooku can beat either of them on his own, so all Ventress has to do is defend herself until Dooku finishes up with whoever he fights.

Arhael
I give it to Ventress and Dooku - both have good offensive prowess, so they can quickly gank either of the opponents. Kenobi due to his defensive style simply will not be able to give enough assistance to Maul to quickly take down either of opponents.

McP

Is Maul that good? We can assume, that Anakin is at least in Maul's league, and his teamwork with Kenobi is much better. And they both were far from stomp Dooku in their duels.

Sinious
Originally posted by McP
Is Maul that good? We can assume, that Anakin is at least in Maul's league, and his teamwork with Kenobi is much better. And they both were far from stomp Dooku in their duels.

Actually both Kenobi and Anakin seem to underperform together during the TCW and ROTS.

ILS
Dooku is a tier 9 duelist. Maul, Kenobi and Ventress are all tier 8s. Maul and Kenobi would most certainly take Dooku in a 2v1 and you'd be kidding yourself to think otherwise.

Dooku and Ventress would be able to defeat these two in an extremely hard-fought duel.

Marco1907
So Emokin is tier 9 but even TCW Maul is not 9 ? .... That defies the logic.

TCW Maul is certainly tier 9. I am sure Nick Gillard would agree with this especially after the Maul vs. Sidious duel. Or when the time Maul stomped Savage. Or when he fight with Mace Windu etc.

McP
Originally posted by ILS
Dooku is a tier 9 duelist. Maul, Kenobi and Ventress are all tier 8s. Maul and Kenobi would most certainly take Dooku in a 2v1 and you'd be kidding yourself to think otherwise.

Dooku might be able to dispatch Kenobi in the early stage of duel. If he will do that before he will becaome tired, then he should be able to defeat Maul in one vs one battle.

ares834
Originally posted by Marco1907
So Emokin is tier 9 but even TCW Maul is not 9 ? .... That defies the logic.

TCW Maul is certainly tier 9. I am sure Nick Gillard would agree with this especially after the Maul vs. Sidious duel. Or when the time Maul stomped Savage.

^ lol

Originally posted by ILS

Where are you pulling these numbers from?

Marco1907
Ah numbers belong to Nick Gillard.

Same Gillard also said Obi-Wan and Emokin matched each other perfectly, so that is kind of inconsistent in my point of view.

Marco1907
Not to mention tier 9 Emokin let Dooku to ragdoll Obi-Wan while they were fighting 2 v 1....

Does it make sense? ? Hell no. Emokin was tier 8 just like Obi-Wan.

ILS
Originally posted by ares834
Where are you pulling these numbers from?
Gillard's statement about tiering was the foundation for it, but over at CV we have most characters established on a certain dueling tier, based on their overall feats.

McP
Not to mention tier 9 Emokin let Dooku to ragdoll Obi-Wan while they were fighting 2 v 1....

Does it make sense? ? Hell no. Emokin was tier 8 just like Obi-Wan.

Both Anakin and Obi-Wan started their duel with Dooku as level 8 duelists. During the fight, after Dooku's taunts, he became level 9 duelist. It continues, I believie, to his raid on the Temple. As a level 9 he killed Drallig with total ease. After that, he became conflicted a bit, and "Padme's and Kenobi's betrayal" finally mind****ed him. He wasn't ready mentally to face Kenobi.

Anyway, after season 6 of TCW and SoD, I'm not sure if this Gillard's quote is still a reliable source.

Marco1907
Originally posted by McP
Both Anakin and Obi-Wan started their duel with Dooku as level 8 duelists. During the fight, after Dooku's taunts, he became level 9 duelist. It continues, I believie, to his raid on the Temple. As a level 9 he killed Drallig with total ease. After that, he became conflicted a bit, and "Padme's and Kenobi's betrayal" finally mind****ed him. He wasn't ready mentally to face Kenobi.

Yeah I agree with this. He was not ready for being level 9. Drallig doesn't have any dueling feats though, army of 501 did the job at the temple. And what do you think about TCW Maul ? He should be level 9 after his power up in TCW.

McP
I think that Maul was still level 8 duelist. I believe him to be Kenobi's equal in sabers, and superior with the Force.
I just doubt, that Dooku and Windu are level 9 at this moment. Especially after SoD - Windu couldn't defeat Talzin (or even forced her onto defensive), and Sidious has beaten her while she was controling Dooku's body. She had full control over his body, her skills and was quite safe, since I doubt that Sidious wanted to kill Dooku. And Sidious disarmed her with total ease.
More then that, Maul did very well against Windu and Secura.

And excluding his duel with Sidious and some hype, Mace has nothing that would place him in Yoda's and Sidious' league.
As a duelist he couldn't even find any advantage over Bulq. Still, he was second only to Yoda in the Order, but I doubt, that he was in the same league.

Marco1907
Originally posted by McP
I think that Maul was still level 8 duelist. I believe him to be Kenobi's equal in sabers, and superior with the Force.
I just doubt, that Dooku and Windu are level 9 at this moment. Especially after SoD - Windu couldn't defeat Talzin (or even forced her onto defensive), and Sidious has beaten her while she was controling Dooku's body. She had full control over his body, her skills and was quite safe, since I doubt that Sidious wanted to kill Dooku. And Sidious disarmed her with total ease.
More then that, Maul did very well against Windu and Secura.

And excluding his duel with Sidious and some hype, Mace has nothing that would place him in Yoda's and Sidious' league.
As a duelist he couldn't even find any advantage over Bulq. Still, he was second only to Yoda in the Order, but I doubt, that he was in the same league.

Nah, Mace is certainly level 9, he stomped Asajj, he was holding back against Sora because of they have a history together. He also stomped Vos, not to mention he was second most powerful jedi in the order. That makes him 9.
As for Talzin, she used magick sword against Windu, different than possessing Dooku's body and his curved lightsaber.

Even before his power-up (season 4) , Maul was still able to beat Obi-Wan via using dun moch. So in this circumstances, he can't be lower than 8 with his TPM version,

p1fSg_mCId8

And then, in Season 5, he has grown even more powerful.

McP
I doubt that Mace was holding back in lightsaber duel against Sora. I prefer to believe, that Sora's Vaapad made him equal to Windu in the same way as Windu's Vaapad made him equal to Sidious.
During his fight with Sidious Windu might be a level 9 (if we believe in that kind of Vaapad's mechanic). Regular Mace was more like 8,5 (and canon says, that Dooku was his equal - since both were inferior to Yoda, it may have some sense).
Let's say, that Sora was level 7 or 8. Vaapad made him Windu's euqal (regular Windu, supported only by his own darkness) so he was level 8,5 during his duel with Mace in my assumptions. Tommorow I will write a bit more about that. My main source will be Juyo's description from "Book of the Sith" or "Path of the Jedi".

Well, Kenobi was in terrible condition during his fight with Maul in season 4. Maul also wasn't in his prime (a few moments/days before he could barley pull his saber to his hand).
I believe, that S4 Maul < TPM Maul < S5 Maul. And there is nothing that suggest, that TCW Maul was far better (or even better) duelist then TPM Maul.
We can be sure, that there was a huge gap between Sidious and Maul. Just like there was a gap between Kenobi/Maul and Savage (Kenobi defeated him while he was supported by Kenobi's equal or superior and Maul defeated him with total ease).

Marco1907
Originally posted by McP
I doubt that Mace was holding back in lightsaber duel against Sora. I prefer to believe, that Sora's Vaapad made him equal to Windu in the same way as Windu's Vaapad made him equal to Sidious.
During his fight with Sidious Windu might be a level 9 (if we believe in that kind of Vaapad's mechanic). Regular Mace was more like 8,5 (and canon says, that Dooku was his equal - since both were inferior to Yoda, it may have some sense).
Let's say, that Sora was level 7 or 8. Vaapad made him Windu's euqal (regular Windu, supported only by his own darkness) so he was level 8,5 during his duel with Mace in my assumptions. Tommorow I will write a bit more about that. My main source will be Juyo's description from "Book of the Sith" or "Path of the Jedi".

Well, Kenobi was in terrible condition during his fight with Maul in season 4. Maul also wasn't in his prime (a few moments/days before he could barley pull his saber to his hand).
I believe, that S4 Maul < TPM Maul < S5 Maul. And there is nothing that suggest, that TCW Maul was far better (or even better) duelist then TPM Maul.
We can be sure, that there was a huge gap between Sidious and Maul. Just like there was a gap between Kenobi/Maul and Savage (Kenobi defeated him while he was supported by Kenobi's equal or superior and Maul defeated him with total ease).

As for Mace was holding back against Sora, I think this source should be sufficient;

For Maul's dueling level, he become more powerful in every aspect, and I've confirmed that. I can show you my source if you want. I don't believe that TPM Maul can stomp Savage Opress that ease, or speedblitz magnaguards, fighting Mace Windu and Sidious etc.

Kenobi defeating Maul & Savage is not really consistent, they already stomped Kenobi in Season 4,
C1oWW6cJn8s
not to mention Kenobi failed to save Adi Gallia, then he was losing bad again, until he hit Savage's left knee as a last resort and sliced his right arm, then Maul blasted him with the force. Maul underestimated Obi-Wan there (again) so Maul & Savage can stomp Obi-Wan with ease in normal circumstances.

Lord Stark
Dooku, he didn't use the force at all on Oba-Dia and had no trouble injuring Kenobi, and almost killing him. By this point Skywalker is a solid tier above Maul as a swordsman imo.

Marco1907
Originally posted by Lord Stark
Dooku, he didn't use the force at all on Oba-Dia and had no trouble injuring Kenobi, and almost killing him. By this point Skywalker is a solid tier above Maul as a swordsman imo.

*sigh

Dooku can always beat Obi-Wan via makashi. And Savage Opress ragdolled / disarmed Dooku with one stroke only, Anakin has much better chance against Dooku than Obi-Wan because of his kinetic & physical attacks due to his style djem-so, and Obi-Wan lacks this kind of attack power too much due to his defensive style soresu. I don't know how many times I explained this, and this ABC logic shit still goes on.

In short, you need some kind of kinetic or physical attack power to defeat Dooku's expert sword style, otherwise styles like Soresu or Shii-cho, Ataru has no chance against Dooku's mastery. Or even his own same style makashi, can't be effective against Dooku (example : Asajj vs. Dooku) because he is better than everyone at makashi as well.

Fated Xtasy
Ataru has no chance against Dooku's mastery.

His fight against Yoda says otherwise...

Lord Stark
-snip-

So? Dooku downs Kenobi fairly quickly. And Maul cannot hope to survive against Lord Tyranus alone.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by McP

You know I completely forgot about TCW Season 6 Dooku vs Ani+Obi. That does confuse matters.

But I'm sure Dooku would eventually tire combating either that duo or a Maul+Kenobi duo.

Marco1907
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
His fight against Yoda says otherwise...

Dooku is not on Yoda's level, even so Dooku did hold his own against Yoda. Not to mention Yoda knows makashi and other forms as well (sans Vaapad)

So? Dooku downs Kenobi fairly quickly. And Maul cannot hope to survive against Lord Tyranus alone.

So ? Same Kenobi beat Anakin, where Dooku fails...

Now please read my last post and try to understand some of it. Or we can continue with this stupid ABC logic as you want.

Fated Xtasy
Yoda is not on Dooku's level, even so Dooku did hold his own against Yoda. Not to mention Yoda knows makashi and other forms as well (sans Vaapad)

Wait what? Yoda is not on Dooku's level? shouldn't that be changed to Dooku is not on Yoda's level?

Marco1907
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
shouldn't that be changed to Dooku is not on Yoda's level?

Yeah this.

Lord Stark

So ? Same Kenobi beat Anakin, where Dooku fails...

Now please read my last post and try to understand some of it. Or we can continue with this stupid ABC logic as you want.

You're the one using stupid A>B>C logic. Skywalker was emotionally tattered when he faced Kenobi. Stop using that example. Neither Maul nor Kenobi are on Mace or Dooku's level as swordsmen. And Kenobi especially has shown to be no match to the Count in any scenario.

Marco1907
Obi-Wan's style ; Soresu / Ataru hybrid, that is something fall to Dooku's makashi easily. Soresu only a defensive technique and it is very usefull against aggresive forms such as Djem-so, Juyo.

Maul's style ; Niman / Juyo / Martial arts (physical)

Niman is kind of useless against Dooku's makashi, so only usefull thing Maul possess is Juyo and his physical strength & martial arts

Like Savage's example and Anakin's, they are using kinetic power to defeat Dooku's makashi, both strong style and juyo can produce enough kinetic power.

http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/karasakal_teach/media/juyo_zps718ccd05.png.html

This form is even more open and kinetic than Djem-so. That is why Savage could use his monstrous strength against Dooku. Savage was unable to knock out Dooku while he was untrained in lightsaber art, after he learned this form, he easily disarmed Dooku.

Maul's juyo might become very handy against Dooku, and his physical martial arts / teras kasi as well, kicks and punches etc.

You're the one using stupid A>B>C logic. Skywalker was emotionally tattered when he faced Kenobi. Stop using that example. Neither Maul nor Kenobi are on Mace or Dooku's level as swordsmen. And Kenobi especially has shown to be no match to the Count in any scenario.

You are the one using that stupid ABC logic. I am explaining why Dooku is unable to beat Anakin while he can beat Obi-Wan & Ventress etc. , yet you are just talking rubbish like ''he was emotionally tattered bla bla...'' That's dumb. I explained why Anakin, Savage and now Maul can beat Dooku.

Obi-Wan stil can't beat Dooku, but he has much better chance with the likes of Anakin (Vader), Savage and Maul.

Marco1907
Anakin was emotional is very very dumb excuse. Even after 20 years, Ben Kenobi still puts up a good fight against Vader in death star. That is why his Soresu works perfect against kinetic powers like Vader's, Savage's or Maul's.

You can say, Vader was slower than Anakin (and yes Vader is slower), but yeah Ben was slower than Obi-Wan as well.

Lord Stark
Anakin was emotional is very very dumb excuse. Even after 20 years, Ben Kenobi still puts up a good fight against Vader in death star. That is why his Soresu works perfect against kinetic powers like Vader's, Savage's or Maul's.

You can say, Vader was slower than Anakin (and yes Vader is slower), but yeah Ben was slower than Obi-Wan as well.

FFS its outright stated that Kenobi isn't just a worst swordsman than Anakin, its stated he's not in the same league.

Marco1907
FFS its outright stated that Kenobi isn't just a worst swordsman than Anakin, its stated he's not in the same league.

And I have 3 source says (one of them Nick Gillard) they matched each other perfectly in RotS.

And also Mace Windu & Dooku both said in the novel that Obi-Wan become a true master of Soresu, and Mace even compared him with himself.

-

Here, Vader vs. Ben Kenobi duel in the novel ;

ares834
Why are you even debating with him Stark?

Lord Stark

Sometimes you can get these guys to flame if you destroy their arguments enough. excellent

FreshestSlice
Yeah I agree with this. He was not ready for being level 9. Drallig doesn't have any dueling feats though, army of 501 did the job at the temple..
Vader killed Drallig on his own after a short exchange of blows, iirc.

Marco1907
Here is the quote says why Dooku get ass kicked ;

And Soresu has no kinetic power. That is why Obi-Wan always fails against Dooku.

laughing out loud Yeah, if you have zero knowledge about Star Wars, then don't you ever **** with me.

I can't even continue to argue with some guy who thinks ; Maul's fighting style = Obi-Wan's fighting style

This is beyond dumb.

Aurbere
I explained why Anakin, Savage and now Maul can beat Dooku.

Neither Savage nor Maul can beat Dooku.

I'm honestly not sure how this hasn't been proven here yet, but I suppose I can try my hand at it since I'm a Dooku fanboy.

Marco1907
Juyo (and Vaapad) can produce more kinetic power than Djem So.

DARTH POWER
Juyo (and Vaapad) can produce more kinetic power than Djem So.

"head to head"........

Makashi is a pure fencing style. And the best fencing styles don't concentrate on brute strength, and doesn't attempt to block with power strikes. Check out S1E3 of Game Of Thrones. They'll teach you that. It's all about quick, precision thrusts.

"especially while fending off a second attacker"

Dooku's not facing a second attacker here when we are talking about Dooku vs Maul or Dooku vs Savage.

However both those points were thrown out of the window when we saw Dooku stalemate Anakin+Kenobi in TCW Season 6.
Plus both those points ignore how talented Dooku is in combining Tk/Fl attacks mid battle with Saber attacks. And Dooku's force powers are greater than either Maul or Opress's.

DARTH POWER

Except Dooku never got his ass kicked at that point in the fight. In fact he went onto smacking the wind out of Skywalker flooring him for a decent amount of time. How was he able to do that if he's weak to Skywalker's form? Why wasn't Skywalker kicking Dooku's ass at that point.

Not to mention again, TCWS6 Dooku stalemated both Anakin and Kenobi in Sabers. So clearly Dooku isn't weak to Skywalker's form. Otherwise he would have got his ass kicked in S6.

Honestly I could kill Stover for putting that absolutely pointless line in the ROTS Novel.

Marco1907
I don't know, I think that is why TCW showed that Dooku always had trouble with Anakin while he doesn't have any trouble with Obi-Wan.

t4_Nm7q_vrQ

TCW is very consistent in new canon universe, I really like how they showed characters weaknessess and advantages, while Dooku can't deal with Anakin's and Savage's kinetic power, while Obi-Wan and Maul easily can. And clearly Maul, Savage and Anakin doesn't have sword mastery to beat Obi-Wan that easy as Dooku did always or Dooku is fighting against 3 nightsister while blind that is something Maul couldn't do.

Comparing lightsaber and fighting styles are much better and logical than putting it emotional issues, especially since Obi-Wan was hindered as Anakin in mustafar duel.

DARTH POWER
^ Dooku always had trouble with Anakin in TCW but always held his own, never got his ass kicked, and always seemed to have the edge when Force powers came into play.

Just goes to show, Dooku's not simply losing to someone if they have kinetic energy, or if they are really strong.

He can always go on the defensive, give ground and rely on his mid-battle physical or tk or fl attacks.

Lord Stark

And Soresu has no kinetic power. That is why Obi-Wan always fails against Dooku.

laughing out loud Yeah, if you have zero knowledge about Star Wars, then don't you ever **** with me.

I can't even continue to argue with some guy who thinks ; Maul's fighting style = Obi-Wan's fighting style

This is beyond dumb.

The quote says it doesn't have the Kinetic Energy to meet someone head to head...except that's not Dooku's style at all, Makashi is for deflecting blows. Also, this is pretty much n-canon because we ****ing see Dooku deflecting Skywalker and Kenobi's blows with one hand in ROTS.

Skybreaker
Am I missing something here? Dooku should be able to solo. Dooku gave Yoda a respectable fight; Maul was put on his ass by Sidious like a little *****. And it's not as if this duo has the same synergy as Anakin+Obi Wan, or that Maul is remotely as powerful as Skywalker circa RotS.

Marco1907
Originally posted by Skybreaker
Am I missing something here? Dooku should be able to solo. Dooku gave Yoda a respectable fight; Maul was put on his ass by Sidious like a little *****. And it's not as if this duo has the same synergy as Anakin+Obi Wan, or that Maul is remotely as powerful as Skywalker circa RotS.

Maul puts up a better fight than Jedi council did.

Source ; Dave Filoni - supervising director of TCW

Link : www.starwars.com/video/wrath-of-the-sith

Problem ? cool

Maul should win via kinetic and physical advantages against Dooku, I mean he kicked Sidious and kicked Aayla while fighting with Mace Windu, Dooku can't escape from Maul's kicks nor his kinetic strength ; Juyo.

Skybreaker
Maul puts up a better fight than Jedi council did.

So what? confused

You mean the same way General Grievous routinely tools and makes Dooku his *****?

LOL

laughing

You act as though the fact that Dooku could not handle a peak performance from The Chosen One means that he's immediately helpless whenever a guy in his 20s with a lightsaber shows up at his door, as though he weren't consistently capable of manhandling General Grievous, and as though he didn't regularly best Mace Windu in one on one duels during his time in the Order. And it's not as though Dooku, a legendary dueling master who obsessively sparred against anyone, hadn't ever developed a defense against juyo, even though he was close friends and sparring partners with Mace Windu.

Dooku has given Master Yoda a good fight; Maul would not be a challenge for him at all, kicks or no.

Marco1907
Do you ever considered that Yoda was holding back ? If not, he should able to force push Dooku just like he did to Sidious in RotS.

And Grievous is no where near physically strong as Maul in official canon. Otherwise that would be stupid. Here your proof ;

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y418/karasakal_teach/maulslamsgrievous_zps63a40014.jpg

Not to mention Grievous is not using Juyo, or he doesn't have H2H combat mastery like Maul has, nor he is fast as Maul is.

Skybreaker
Do you ever considered that Yoda was holding back ?

Sure he was holding back, but he was nonetheless clearly exerting himself, whereas Sidious didn't really struggle against the brothers at all. Any reasonable viewer of the two confrontations would conclude that Dooku gave Yoda more of a fight than Maul and Opress gave Palpatine.

Sure he is. Maul can do more physical damage because he has the Force to augment his own strength and impede Grievous's. Skywalker can do the same, and his raw strength in the Force clearly far outstrips Maul's. So I'd ask you where you got the idea that because Dooku struggles against Skywalker at peak performance, he would struggle against Maul, as though he were immediately rendered helpless by any strong guy in his 20s and not, you know, only the Chosen One.

Grievous knows every lightsaber form.

Trivially important, and unsubstantiated. Grievous has engaged in hand to hand combat multiple times, and has a ridiculous list of advantages (feet with repulsorlifts, 360 degree torso and wrist rotation) that would surely outweigh any teras kasi or whatever Maul had, were it not for the latter's command of the Force, which is itself not on the same level as Anakin's.

Yoda is clearly far faster than Maul, and Dooku could keep up with him. He is also on the same tier as Mace Windu throughout much of TCW. He is firmly above Maul.

The_Tempest
Do you ever considered that Yoda was holding back ? If not, he should able to force push Dooku just like he did to Sidious in RotS.

http://i.imgur.com/iUMsLJB.gif

Arhael
Originally posted by ILS

Dooku and Ventress would be able to defeat these two in an extremely hard-fought duel.
Dooku is never confirmed to be level 9 duelist. Although it is possible. He didn't look a single bit inferior during fight with Yoda. Him running away might have more to do with the fact that he would tire out quickly due to being less powerful.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by Arhael
Dooku is never confirmed to be level 9 duelist. Although it is possible. He didn't look a single bit inferior during fight with Yoda. Him running away might have more to do with the fact that he would tire out quickly due to being less powerful.

He is indirectly confirmed by the plethora of quotes citing him being on par with and in some instances superior to Mace.

Skybreaker
Dooku clearly expected to be able to take on Anakin and Obi Wan together, so much that he was willing to toy with them from the start. That he was forced to get serious is a testament to how powerful Skywalker and Kenobi had gotten by RotS, but I don't see how replacing Skywalker with Maul leads to the same results. RotS Anakin >>>> Maul.

DARTH POWER
, or that Maul is remotely as powerful as Skywalker circa RotS.

I think Skywalker's Power is pretty variable and ranges anywhere starting from around Maul level to a peak level more on par with the likes of Windu.

You act as though.... he's immediately helpless whenever a guy in his 20s with a lightsaber shows up at his door,

I LOL'd.

Dooku has given Master Yoda a good fight; Maul would not be a challenge for him at all, kicks or no.

Agree with the Yoda example. And agree Dooku is solidly above Maul, but I do think Maul would be a challenge for Dooku, and that it wouldn't be an Obi-Wan type stomp. That's how I feel the situation is for now as of TCW. But the gap between them could decrease over time given that Maul is still alive after all stick out tongue

Skybreaker
I think Skywalker's Power is pretty variable and ranges anywhere starting from around Maul level to a peak level more on par with the likes of Windu.

I think Skywalker circa RotS is solidly above Maul, even at his baseline.

I agree that it would be a challenge in the sense that Dooku would have to be on guard and on point, just as anyone would have to be in a lightsaber duel against an opponent of any respectable caliber. I do not think that Maul has any legitimate shot of winning, barring a fluke. And I also disagree with your reference to Obi Wan; by RotS Dooku only overpowered him with the Force; it's not clear that he would "stomp" Kenobi in a lightsaber duel.

This is true. But I'd place bets on Obi Wan being the one to finish him.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Arhael
Dooku is never confirmed to be level 9 duelist. Although it is possible.

My guess- He's probably on the border of an 8 and a 9. So if he fights defensively he can probably stalemate a 9. If he however tries to overpower a 9, he would likely get overpowered himself.

But those levels were made solely for the fight choreography of the movies, and not sure they would hold up very well if applying them to every EU character like Opress, TCW Maul or Ventress.

I think Skywalker circa RotS is solidly above Maul, even at his baseline.

I dunno, at baseline he did get kick smacked on the floor. Actually according to the novel and script he was already getting stronger by then.

I agree that it would be a challenge in the sense that Dooku would have to be on guard and on point, just as anyone would have to be in a lightsaber duel against an opponent of any respectable caliber. I do not think that Maul has any legitimate shot of winning, barring a fluke.

I don't think it's a Dooku vs Ventress type situation. I think Maul would be a legitimate threat to Dooku, but a threat Dooku would defeat almost every time.

And I also disagree with your reference to Obi Wan; by RotS Dooku only overpowered him with the Force; it's not clear that he would "stomp" Kenobi in a lightsaber duel.

I'm talking about the All-Out, not just Sabers.

This is true. But I'd place bets on Obi Wan being the one to finish him.

Maul and Kenobi will always be portrayed as peers when pit against each other Imho. And they'll likely both be portrayed as having grown more powerful since TCW/ROTS (assuming they do both show up in Rebels).

But yes Kenobi will probably land the killing blow, to keep him as the guy who killed Darth Maul. But it will likely be portrayed as a fight that could have gone either way.- Just my guess.

Marco1907
RotS Anakin >>>> Maul.

laughing How did you figure this out ? Let me guess, because Anakin speedblitz 4 magnaguard right ? Wait that was Maul. Or he stomped Savage, instead of ragdolled with Obi-Wan ? Wait that was Maul again. Or did he beat Obi-Wan via force attacks ? Wait that was Maul again.

Skybreaker
^do any of those feats involve making Dooku his b*tch?

Aurbere

As if he could. stick out tongue

Marco1907

Yes it makes, because physically Maul beats your precious Emokin.

Savage >= Maul >= Emokin

Savage is ragdolled your Emokin here, watch this ;

WmBL_RF1DNk

Skybreaker
Yes it makes, because physically Maul beats your precious Emokin.

Because everyone knows physical strength is the most important factor in any confrontation. This is why 20 year old Anakin had to bail out the helpless Yoda as he cowered against Dooku's towering frame.

Yeah, your trolling is getting a little too overt to entertain.

Because it's not as though Anakin's abilities progress throughout the saga or anything, or that I've already pointed this out to you.

carthage
A good topic but I'm not sure.

Maul can hold Dooku off, but even Maul's skill isn't enough to save Kenobi from being owned via the force.

Likely the Count wins

Stigma
Originally posted by carthage
A good topic but I'm not sure.

Maul can hold Dooku off, but even Maul's skill isn't enough to save Kenobi from being owned via the force.

Likely the Count wins
It's sabers only, though.

carthage
ah in that case Dooku loses

Revanchiste
The pure troll 2 V.S 1 Yuyo + soresu ataru sokan against makashii...
Tyranus you have no hope !!!!

DARTH POWER
The OP calrified this is Dooku+Ventress vs Kenobi+ Maul but Sabers only.

Revanchiste
MAul>savage...

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Revanchiste
MAul>savage...

So what? Savage isn't in this fight.

Revanchiste
Doku is able to handle 2 great combattants.. But Maul>savage we see it many times.
And kenobi>ventress... The compt is just doomed !

Emperordmb
Team one takes this one. Both of them together are too much for him.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.