Why, believer or not, you seek a Monotheistic God.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Greatest I am

Shakyamunison
Then why is polytheism more prevalent in the past, and monotheism more current?

If what you are saying is true, then monotheism would have been more present in the past, and there would be more polytheism today.

Digi
Yeah, what Shakya said. Polytheism creates a huge problem for the central thesis here. Comparatively, monotheism is still kinda young, historically speaking. As such, I would think it would point to cultural and historical factors more than intrinsic biological or psychological ones. We have biological data to suggest that we are predisposed toward belief. But I've heard nothing that suggests we lean evolutionarily more toward monotheism or polytheism.

Oneness
I've proposed the notion of metaphysical entities being liken to naturally evolved Sentients, peripheral to our brane, who have somehow managed to permeate it.

Given that these extra-cosmological entities cannot operate metaphysically here, they must operate by influencing the natural processes of the cosmologies in which they inhabit.

Greatest I am
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Then why is polytheism more prevalent in the past, and monotheism more current?

If what you are saying is true, then monotheism would have been more present in the past, and there would be more polytheism today.

I do not agree.

Are we not brighter and more educated today?

Yes we are and we recognize that we all live in pyramidal demographic commons that all have a top dog.

Our superstition level has dropped considerably. Except for literalist fools that is.

Regards
DL

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.