You couldn't beat yourself if you tried

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stoic
Which character would be absolutely dominated by an alternate reality, alternate Earth, alternate timeline, or clone of themselves?

For example, I believe that 616 Surfer would be destroyed by his Exiles counterpart. Are there anymore out there?

KingD19
DCNU Superman would get wrecked by Pre-Crisis.

Ultimate Luke Cage gets killed by 616.

Ultimate Guh-Lak-Tus loses to 616.

golem370
Ultimate Colossus over (616)Colossus?

KingD19
Nooooo. It's been proven many times that 616 is stronger.

Ultimate didn't do anything he couldn't replicate.

Reflassshh
Bloodrain Batman guts Prime-earth Bruce.

Digi
Originally posted by KingD19
Ultimate Guh-Lak-Tus loses to 616.

I've actually heard a compelling counter-argument to this. I'm not sure I agreed, but it's not entirely black & white.

Digi
Most of Ultimate is the obvious answer, right? With limited exceptions, I'd say about 80% of 616 is more powerful than their Ultimate counterparts. Most alternate realities we see lack enough showings for us to say much definitively. So the pickings are slim outside of that. DCnU vs. Pre-FP is the other obvious comparison, but we can't generalize quite as much there. Several got upgrades, several got downgrades.

I'm on board with Ultimate Colossus, though. Maybe 40 years of showings has given 616 the same number of high-end feats, but lower showings count for something too.

Mindset
Originally posted by Digi
I've actually heard a compelling counter-argument to this. I'm not sure I agreed, but it's not entirely black & white. What was the argument?

Digi
Originally posted by Mindset
What was the argument?

It was actually put forth by Scoobless, that broke down the initial Gah-Lak-Tus arc and proposed that 616 Galactus would not have fared nearly as well against the same attacks. I remember being somewhat swayed. I can't say I remember the details, though.

It's still swimming around the forums somewhere. A dedicated enough search (maybe Scoob's threads?) might turn it up.

TheLordofMurder
Ultimate Captain America crushes 616 Cap...

zopzop
What If Korvac annihilates 616 Korvac.

Wonder Man
I read a little Spider-man ultimate. He captured Wolverine for 2 minutes in his webbing. He might be able to beat 616 in a web fight.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Digi
It was actually put forth by Scoobless, that broke down the initial Gah-Lak-Tus arc and proposed that 616 Galactus would not have fared nearly as well against the same attacks. I remember being somewhat swayed. I can't say I remember the details, though.

It's still swimming around the forums somewhere. A dedicated enough search (maybe Scoob's threads?) might turn it up.

I've actually argued pro Ultimate Galactus as well...

Ultimate Galactus withstood a universe creating/destroying attack (Ultimate Reed Richards fired the Ultimate version of the Ultimate Nullifier at Galactus) and wasnt close to being destroyed (it only lost 20% of its mass as a result of the attack); 616 Galactus has been dropped by far less...

Ultimate Galactus was only temporarily stunned by a combined psionic attack from everyone on Earth combined, and that attack was amped by Shield technology; if memory serves me correctly, Thanos had some limited succcess against Galactus solo psychically...so once again, an argument can be made for Ultimate Galactus being superior to 616 Galactus in this respect.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by zopzop
What If Korvac annihilates 616 Korvac.

thumb up

100% agree...

TheLordofMurder
@Digi

Oh yeah, Ultimate Galactus also defeated 1 billion superpowered beings with the power to blacken suns in mere miniutes...

I'm not completely sure that 616 Galactus has a better combat feat than that...

Sin I AM
Herald my rage comes to mind

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Herald my rage comes to mind

That was a pretty good feat for 616, but those 1 billion superpowered beings were (well its implied) that they were fighting Gah Lak Tus back...

Nothing was really fighting against Galactus when he went Herald my Rage...

krisblaze
I don't think that exiles Surfer would beat 616 Surfer. He only beat on some retarded AU Galactus and got gutted by cosmic sabretooth....

Sin I AM
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
That was a pretty good feat for 616, but those 1 billion superpowered beings were (well its implied) that they were fighting Gah Lak Tus back...

Nothing was really fighting against Galactus when he went Herald my Rage...

What level were those super powered beings? Galactus wiped out what like 3 star systems...im sure the watcher that owned tried to shield himself. Being one shot killed from an attack is alot more impressive than actively fighting back and losing imo

Digi

Ultimate Galactus withstood a universe creating/destroying attack (Ultimate Reed Richards fired the Ultimate version of the Ultimate Nullifier at Galactus) and wasnt close to being destroyed (it only lost 20% of its mass as a result of the attack); 616 Galactus has been dropped by far less...

Ultimate Galactus was only temporarily stunned by a combined psionic attack from everyone on Earth combined, and that attack was amped by Shield technology; if memory serves me correctly, Thanos had some limited succcess against Galactus solo psychically...so once again, an argument can be made for Ultimate Galactus being superior to 616 Galactus in this respect.

In fairness, surviving the the dimension cannon attack was more about being spread out than being durable. Agreed on the rest.

basilisk
Juggernaut Xavier dominates 616 wheelchair Xavier

Jane Foster Thor defeats 616 Jane Foster

Peter Porker beats Peter Parker

LordofBrooklyn
Ultimate Namor ANNIHILATES 616 Namor!

Sin I AM
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn

No he doesn't

LordofBrooklyn
No he doesn't

He does!

Ultimate Namor KILLS the 616 fraud!

Ultimate Namor is stronger, faster, and more versatile.

Mindset

Ultimate Galactus was only temporarily stunned by a combined psionic attack from everyone on Earth combined, and that attack was amped by Shield technology; if memory serves me correctly, Thanos had some limited succcess against Galactus solo psychically...so once again, an argument can be made for Ultimate Galactus being superior to 616 Galactus in this respect. Well, of course 616 Galactus will have more low feats.

In that same vain, he has more high feats.

TheLordofMurder
What level were those super powered beings? Galactus wiped out what like 3 star systems...im sure the watcher that owned tried to shield himself. Being one shot killed from an attack is alot more impressive than actively fighting back and losing imo

The power level of the superpowered beings is never stated, so what I am about to say is all purely speculation...

I am thinking that they were all atleast Low Herald...

I am basing this conclusion upon the fact that that race of superbeings flew into space and directly engaged Gah Lak Tus under there own power (no environment suits)...

I am thinking that that alone is beyond the scope of just about any Meta; atleast any Meta I can think of off the top of my head...

Beating 1 billion Low Heralds at once in just a few minutes is a pretty strong combat feat...

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Mindset
Well, of course 616 Galactus will have more low feats.

In that same vain, he has more high feats.

No doubt...

The point is that an argument can be made for Ultimate Galactus being stronger than 616 Galactus...

Its not an airtight argument, but it can be argued reasonably...

Mindset
No doubt...

The point is that an argument can be made for Ultimate Galactus being stronger than 616 Galactus...

Its not an airtight argument, but it can be argued reasonably... Ignore my post, I used the wrong "vain".

http://img.pandawhale.com/95045-angry-macgruber-gif-extremely-pqbF.gif

zopzop
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
thumb up

deathslash
Most of the AoA characters could beat their earth 616 counterparts.

krisblaze
^Not Exodus

deathslash
Originally posted by krisblaze
^Not Exodus William stryker, Graydon creed, weapon omega (wolverine), and nightcrawler all could.

krisblaze
Originally posted by deathslash
William stryker, Graydon creed, weapon omega (wolverine), and nightcrawler all could.
Wolverine? I doubt it.

Deadpool couldn't. Psylocke couldn't. Juggernaut couldn't. Jean couldn't.

Hell, by virtue of simply being in the AOA storyline and nowhere else, most of them probably wouldn't pull it off.

deathslash
Originally posted by krisblaze
Wolverine? I doubt it.

Deadpool couldn't. Psylocke couldn't. Juggernaut couldn't. Jean couldn't.

Hell, by virtue of simply being in the AOA storyline and nowhere else, most of them probably wouldn't pull it off. you are aware that in the AoA reality, wolverine obtains a death seed and becomes apocalypse's successor right? As a matter of fact, weapon omega fought wolverine, deadpool, psylocke, and several other x-men at the same time. Also, didn't AoA jean have access to the Phoenix force? By virtue of most of the AoA characters being more ruthless than their 616 counterparts would allow several of them to win.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.