Sanji vs. Gray Fullbuster

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

vansonbee
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/280/8/e/sanji_and_gray_by_srieghart-d82082z.jpg
1. Before time-skip for Sanji

2. Post time-skip for Sanji

Quincy
I'ma go Sanji twice

Q99
It's hard to say, Gray just got a *big* upgrade we've yet to see the full extent of.

Current Gray should beat pre-skip pretty solidly I'd think. And Sanji doesn't seem to have gained nearly as much from the skip as some of the others.

Sacred 117
I don't recall much about Sanji, but he seemed relatively one-dimensional, from what I can remember. I don't know how he's changed since the skip.

In contrast, Gray's variation is ever increasingly solid, and he has some heavy (but often overlooked) AOE. He supposedly shot way up recently, but I wouldn't know anything about that. (No spoilers, please.)

I've long since dropped One Piece, and I'm not caught up on Fairy Tail (as far as the manga's concerned), so I can't give a complete perspective. However, with my current knowledge, I'd side with Gray.

Edit: BTW, thanks for providing that image. Just something else I can show to people who think "their art styles are (too) similar."

AuraAngel
Too bad Grey isn't drawn that way.

Sacred 117
Gray* stick out tongue

He isn't drawn like Sanji either. 131

Still...

Edit: He is drawn like his background.

Q99
Originally posted by Sacred 117
I don't recall much about Sanji, but he seemed relatively one-dimensional, from what I can remember. I don't know how he's changed since the skip.

He can hop on air, use fire kicks, and haki to make his kicks stronger, but he's still a kicking fighter and relatively one dimensional.

Also he's gotten his butt kicked twice since the skip. By reasonably powerful foes, but still.

How far are you?

Sacred 117
Originally posted by Q99
He can hop on air, use fire kicks, and haki to make his kicks stronger, but he's still a kicking fighter and relatively one dimensional.

Also he's gotten his butt kicked twice since the skip. By reasonably powerful foes, but still.

How far are you?

So, besides pseudo-flight (which I actually knew about already), he hasn't changed much? I kinda figured as much.

I'm only as far as the anime. I don't keep up with the manga because of how seemingly accurate it is to its anime counterpart.

DatCanadian
So, besides pseudo-flight (which I actually knew about already), he hasn't changed much? I kinda figured as much.

I'm only as far as the anime. I don't keep up with the manga because of how seemingly accurate it is to its anime counterpart.

Sigh if only you knew the new upgrades. They are cool. Pun intended

Sacred 117
Dat pun. big grin thumb up

I'll find out about them soon enough, and I'm sure the wait will be worth it. smile

Q99

Pseudo-flight and fire.

Really, Zoro and especially Luffy seem to have benefited much more from upgrades.

I keep expecting Sanji's new cooking skills to show up and have an effect, but 3 stories after the skip, still no. Even though that was one of the things he was supposed to be training in!

So... that's the tournament arc, right?

Sacred 117
Dragon arc ended recently. Now, we're into something else.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.