Darth Krayt vs Darth Maul & Savage Opress

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sinious
All characters in their most powerful incarnations.

Can the duo defeat an inferior Dark Lord as they've failed utterly against Darth Sidious?

ILS
Maul and Savage. Krayt's lightning could be problematic but he isn't killing both of them with it simultaneously. They're simply too formidable as a joint threat for him to realistically overcome.

Marco1907
Maul deflected Sidious's lightning in deleted scenes and pinned him down. Well you can ignore the TK feat but Maul certainly can deflect lightning,

YxrMEQlTMvs

Considering both of their feats, Krayt's TK is not better than Maul's, I say they are matches at that good.

Maul certainly can be a good match for Krayt, adding Savage is secures the victory.

ILS
Krayt is one of the more.. revered characters on this site, so I was being moderate with my post.

Sinious
Actually, I think we can ignore everything from a deleted scene that hasn't even been properly edited/created.

The TK feat is just a proof of why this version of the fight is completely trash.

Marco1907
Originally posted by Sinious
Actually, I think we can ignore everything from a deleted scene that hasn't even been properly edited/created.

The TK feat is just a proof of why this version of the fight is completely trash.

But they certainly did something there, I mean why did they change their battle location ?

That scene can add to blu-ray edition.

Nephthys
Krayt

NewGuy01
Why? Sidious was caught off guard, it happened to Vitiate too.

Sinious
I'm not saying Krayt wins or anything. Just that that scene looks pretty stupid to me and can't be the proof of Maul's capability of resisting Sidious' lightning. Even if the scene were to be taken seriously, we all know that Sidious was toying with them so there is no reason to believe that he went all out with his lightning there.

Sinious
Originally posted by NewGuy01

Vitiate received a force energy off guarded. It was a momentary thing and Revan never held control over him with the force. Its not the same thing here.

Nargaroth
Originally posted by NewGuy01

Revan hurled Vitiate back while the latter was focusing on dominating the former's mind. Maul, on the other hand, pinned Sidious to a wall, and the latter was unable to get free, not to mention that he wasn't distracted. Huge difference. Good thing that this portion of the fight was removed.

Nephthys
Savage gets downed by lightning no problem then Krayt grabs Maul and makes his stomach explode.

Marco1907
Savage has ''astonishing skills with lightsaber'' though messed

Trocity
Originally posted by ILS
Krayt is one of the more.. revered characters on this site, so I was being moderate with my post.

On YOUR site, people are claiming ROTS Sidious can 1v3 speedblitz Nihilus, Talzin and Vitiate, the latter 2 of which have prep. So lol.

ILS
Originally posted by Trocity
On YOUR site, people are claiming ROTS Sidious can 1v3 speedblitz Nihilus, Talzin and Vitiate, the latter 2 of which have prep. So lol. It's not "MY" site, it's a site I post on, therefore I don't pick up the baggage of what other people say.

Secondly, you could not list one speed feat for any of those characters that would allow them to keep up with or perceive Sidious. Anakin has seen sub-light ships moving in slow motion, and has speed feats like appearing to be in multiple places at once, yet Sidious was moving too fast for him to perceive properly. Likewise, Sidious has moved faster than Maul can see several times. To say Nihilus, Talzin or Vitiate can do any better is wishful thinking at best.

Trocity
Whoa, crazy. So you ACTUALLY think he'd win that? Interesting..

ILS
I didn't say anything about winning. I'm no expert on any of those characters and I don't pretend to be. I'm simply saying that Sidious can fight faster than any of them can perceive with a lightsaber, at least going by Legends Canon standards. You can call me crazy but I don't see what's so unreasonable about what I said.

Nargaroth
Originally posted by ILS
It's not "MY" site, it's a site I post on, therefore I don't pick up the baggage of what other people say.

Secondly, you could not list one speed feat for any of those characters that would allow them to keep up with or perceive Sidious. Anakin has seen sub-light ships moving in slow motion, and has speed feats like appearing to be in multiple places at once, yet Sidious was moving too fast for him to perceive properly. Likewise, Sidious has moved faster than Maul can see several times. To say Nihilus, Talzin or Vitiate can do any better is wishful thinking at best.

Yes, but these people are vastly more powerful than Maul, especially Nihilus in my opinion. Besides, Sidious speedblitzing Anakin is a direct contradiction of the movies, considering that the latter wasn't there during Palpatine's fight against Mace.

Trocity
So how do we differentiate between his EU showings and how he fared against Talzin in TCW? There's no way ROTS Sidious is beating a prepped Vitiate AND Talzin, with Nihilus there as well it's just overkill.

ILS
Originally posted by Nargaroth
Yes, but these people are vastly more powerful than Maul, especially Nihilus in my opinion. Besides, Sidious speedblitzing Anakin is a direct contradiction of the movies, considering that he wasn't there during Palpatine's fight against Mace.
So what has power got to do with speed, exactly? I wasn't disputing their power, I was disputing their ability to perceive Sidious in motion.

I'm honestly done with the "but it didn't happen in the movies" "it's different in New Canon" BS people bring into Legends debates. In the RotS novel, which is canon to some degree, Sidious moves faster than Anakin can see. It's a different depiction of the event from the movie but it's still a depiction nonetheless. And there are other examples of Sidious moving too fast for characters to see, i.e, Fisto, Kolar, Tiin, Windu, Maul...

ILS
So how do we differentiate between his EU showings and how he fared against Talzin in TCW?
For one, Legends Sidious wasn't the one fighting Talzin in SoD, so there's your differentiation off the bat. Secondly, it's pretty easy. In Legends speed is generally a far more noticeable factor in fights between characters who are several tiers apart. You won't see anyone being speedblitzed in the movies or animations because in those sources Force Users are depicted as low-level superhumans. In Legends Canon, you have Sidious moving faster than hypersonic+ beings can see properly. That's essentially all it comes down to.

Marco1907
On YOUR site, people are claiming ROTS Sidious can 1v3 speedblitz Nihilus, Talzin and Vitiate, the latter 2 of which have prep. So lol.

laughing

Well because he speedblitzed Tiin and Kolar. But somehow they are ignoring Kit Fisto... Isn't that hilarious ?

Thank god Tiin and Kolar don't have any canon feat now. They are just incompetent fools.

Nargaroth
Originally posted by ILS
So what has power got to do with speed, exactly? I wasn't disputing their power, I was disputing their ability to perceive Sidious in motion.

I'm honestly done with the "but it didn't happen in the movies" "it's different in New Canon" BS people bring into Legends debates. In the RotS novel, which is canon to some degree, Sidious moves faster than Anakin can see. It's a different depiction of the event from the movie but it's still a depiction nonetheless. And there are other examples of Sidious moving too fast for characters to see, i.e, Fisto, Kolar, Tiin, Windu, Maul...

You're misunderstanding me. I said it's a direct contradiction not because Palpatine wouldn't be able to do speedblitz Anakin, because he would, but in this case, the novelization directly contradicts the movie, and considering that, to my memory, the canon classes still hold value in Legends continuity, Anakin's POV should be invalid in this instance.

For the other point, speed is also determined by power, and while it is possible for vastly inferior characters to be equal in speed with their superior, (Vader/Obi-Wan is an example of that) I find it very hard to believe that such powerful characters would be blitzed by Sidious, especially considering that Talzin wasn't.

Nephthys
Originally posted by ILS
For one, Legends Sidious wasn't the one fighting Talzin in SoD, so there's your differentiation off the bat. Secondly, it's pretty easy. In Legends speed is generally a far more noticeable factor in fights between characters who are several tiers apart. You won't see anyone being speedblitzed in the movies or animations because in those sources Force Users are depicted as low-level superhumans. In Legends Canon, you have Sidious moving faster than hypersonic+ beings can see properly. That's essentially all it comes down to.

erm

Sidious speedblitzing comes from the movie.

Nargaroth
Originally posted by Nephthys
erm

Sidious speedblitzing comes from the movie.

More like Kolar and Tiin seemingly stood there like idiots, considering that Palpatine stopped after coming close to them and before cutting them down.

carthage
Krayt dies a horrible death.

He could take Savage, but add the synergy the brothers are famous for and he's dead (again)

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Nargaroth
Revan hurled Vitiate back while the latter was focusing on dominating the former's mind. Maul, on the other hand, pinned Sidious to a wall, and the latter was unable to get free, not to mention that he wasn't distracted. Huge difference. Good thing that this portion of the fight was removed.

And Sidious was focusing on overwhelming them with lightning, I don't see the difference.

Also, as I've argued countless times in the past, it's much easier to defend against a telekinetic grip than it is to break one once it bypasses your defenses.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.