Bane and Zannah vs. Jedi Strike team

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stigma
RoT Bane and DoE Zannah

The strike team consists of: RotS Anakin, TFU Shaak Ti, Depa Billaba and Raskta Lsu.

Setting: Naboo royal palace

To spice things up, Bane and Zannah capture Padme and barricade themsleves in the throne room.

Who prevails?

DarthAnt66
Jedi dominate. Anakin can hold off Bane while Lsu, Depa, and Ti utterly crush Zannah. Then they all go and team-up on Bane.

Nephthys
Anakin would be one-shot by Bane's Force powers or demolished in a duel. The Sith dominate. Zannah mindcrushes any of these guys and holds the other 1 while Bane destroys his two opponents. Raskta can't take on Bane for long without the BM.

Stigma
I thought RoT Bane was held in a much higher esteem, no?

And if Zannah can defeat Revan, she surely can do quite good here.

EDIT: nvm, beat to it by Nephtys

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Nephthys
Anakin would be one-shot by Bane's Force powers or demolished in a duel. The Sith dominate.
http://persephonemagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/chris-rock-huh-face.gif
Originally posted by Stigma
And if Zannah can defeat Revan, she surely can do quite good here.
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/247584/family-guy-care-bear-suicide-o.gif

Stigma
"if" smile

DarthAnt66
May God have mercy...

Stigma
The fact that Zannah would be compared to Revan (and argued to be his superior) in one of the most lively threads on SWVF would suggest she is above the likes of Depa or Ti, no?

Nephthys
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
http://persephonemagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/chris-rock-huh-face.gif

Anakin can't block lightning on RoT Bane's level. Not to mention TK able to disintegrate a dozen opponents with a thrust of his hand. And obviously Zannah's mental attack would be super effective on him.

Skybreaker
The fact that Zannah would be compared to Revan (and argued to be his superior) in one of the most lively threads on SWVF would suggest she is above the likes of Depa or Ti, no?

Nah, Neph was just being a giddy fanboy.

Anakin can't block lightning on RoT Bane's level.

Why can't he? You don't have to be as strong in the Force to block someone's lightning. Besides, a Bane shooting sith lightning is completely vulnerable to attack.

A crippled Vader crushed a room full of durasteel just by getting angry.

I seem to recall that only being effective against Force users on that weird planet?

WildBantha88
is he though?

Darth Bane has done insane things like using torrents of rain as lightsaber practice and sucking the knowledge out of a holocron. What has Anakin done that is on that level? Killed Dooku? Dooku isn't even close to Banes level

Skybreaker
Zannah isn't on Bane's level, though. She holds her own against him in their duel, but that's because she uses soresu and knows all her master's moves (think Anakin vs. Obi Wan); she never actually gains the upper hand. She takes advantage of the DS being strong on the planet to use her sith sorcery, a trump card which won't apply here unless if I'm mistaken about the conditional-planet thing.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Skybreaker
Nah, Neph was just being a giddy fanboy.

I'm just hating on Anakin atm. He sucks so bad, his farts go inward.

Why can't he? You don't have to be as strong in the Force to block someone's lightning. Besides, a Bane shooting sith lightning is completely vulnerable to attack.

Because Anakin has never demonstrated the capability to block lightning as powerful as Bane's. And meh, he just needs to raise a hand. It's not as if he hasn't got near complete protection via orbalisks or anything.

A crippled Vader crushed a room full of durasteel just by getting angry.

That's nice.

I seem to recall that only being effective against Force users on that weird planet?

You recall..... poorly.

WildBantha88
weakest argument I have seen yet. A person throwing a lightsaber is open to attack, as is a person flinging a heavy object with TK.

1. Vader/Anakin always goes unnaturally powerful when he is thinking about Padme and Sidious just told him that he had killed her in his anger.

2. Bane crumbled a temple with a Force Push. I think that beats destroying a single room.

Anakin being pone to mental domination or Zannah having really powerful illusions? Either way your wrong. Anakin has no special defenses for Mental attacks although he isn't weak to them and Zannahs mind spells work no matter where she is

Nephthys
Anakin is weak against Zannah's mental spell though, since he's ****ing insane and has the most issues of basically any SW character.

Skybreaker
Originally posted by WildBantha88
weakest argument I have seen yet. A person throwing a lightsaber is open to attack,

Obviously. That's why you don't see fighters frivously throwing their lightsabers. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Obviously. Although it's not the same thing at all, because flinging an object is a one-time thing, while FL will have to be sustained against Anakin's defenses. (duh?)

Balanced by the fact that he had been crippled, put into a suit and essentially robbed of half of his Force potential.

Does it? That room was made of durasteel. The temple Bane collapsed was on its last legs.

Zannah found herself in a similar situation in RoT. She found that trying to use her mind spells is a bit of a problem when she's being attacked by a team of Jedi.

BTW, I'm pretty f*cking sure that at least the strength of her sorcery is highly conditional. Otherwise she could just dominate Bane at her whim.

FreshestSlice
Anakin would be one-shot by Bane's Force powers or demolished in a duel. The Sith dominate. Zannah mindcrushes any of these guys and holds the other 1 while Bane destroys his two opponents. Raskta can't take on Bane for long without the BM.
Jesus. I never thought a forum post could spread so many terminal illnesses.

Skybreaker
I'm just hating on Anakin atm. He sucks so bad, his farts go inward.

Anakin may be a whiny little prick, but he's a dangerously powerful whiny little prick. Think George Bush.

Wait, so now he's doing it with one hand? That just makes my point stronger.

It's beautiful:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s&noredirect=1

Please, what is the strongest person Zannah has effectively used her sorcery on in neutral territory?

Nephthys
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Jesus. I never thought a forum post could spread so many terminal illnesses.

If you disagree with me theres no need to be so dismissive about it.

Nephthys
Wait, so now he's doing it with one hand? That just makes my point stronger.

You had a point? Bane disintegrated 2 people and turned a Drexyl into a charred husk with one hand, a decade before the end of RoT and with only 2 orbalisks. Anakin isn't even blocking that, let alone Bane's two handed peak lightning. erm

It's beautiful:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s&noredirect=1

It doesn't compare.

Please, what is the strongest person Zannah has effectively used her sorcery on in neutral territory?

What do you mean by effectively?

Skybreaker
You had a point? Bane disintegrated 2 people and turned a Drexyl into a charred husk with one hand, a decade before the end of RoT and with only 2 orbalisks. Anakin isn't even blocking that, let alone Bane's two handed peak lightning. erm

It doesn't compare.

My durasteel feat wasn't a red herring. Even Anakin by AotC can rip bolted durasteel machinery just with his telekinesis. Let's not pretend that disintegrating humans is abnormally impressive or difficult to defend against.

As in, to an extent that would be effective in this confrontation. Especially given that any moment's weakness will result in Zannah's death to several lightsaber strikes.

Nephthys
My durasteel feat wasn't a red herring. Even Anakin by AotC can rip bolted durasteel machinery just with his telekinesis. Let's not pretend that disintegrating humans is abnormally impressive or difficult to defend against.

Well it definitely is, but Bane disintegrated droids so your point is without merit even there.

As in, to an extent that would be effective in this confrontation. Especially given that any moment's weakness will result in Zannah's death to several lightsaber strikes.

I don't really know what you're asking me. If you want to know about Zannah's mental abilities there are lots of threads where they're discussed.

Skybreaker
Well it definitely is, but Bane disintegrated droids so your point is without merit even there.

Please elaborate on his disintegrating droids. Is that more impressive than crushing them? Who can say? It certainly isn't more than what Anakin can handle, if his own stock TK can produce comparable levels of damage.

Mind you, I'd say Dooku's disarming three nightsisters with his FL is more impressive than disintegrating some humans or droids.

I'm just asking you to clarify exactly what you think Zannah can do with her sorcery, given that she has to contend with multiple duelists at the same time.

Stigma
Originally posted by WildBantha88
1. Vader/Anakin always goes unnaturally powerful when he is thinking about Padme and Sidious just told him that he had killed her in his anger.
Here she's taken hostage by the very Sith Anakin is after. He will be thinking about her. A lot.

Skybreaker
Here she's taken hostage by the very Sith Anakin is after. He will be thinking about her. A lot.

Jesus, I didn't notice that detail. Anakin solos.

FreshestSlice
Bane and Zannah die instantly and burn up in the furnace heart.

NewGuy01
Anakin solo shitstomps.

Nephthys
Oh please, Padme's been in danger before without Anakin godmoding.

Skybreaker
In danger to this magnitude, and to two DLOTS?

Zonakin trollstomps.

Nephthys
Uh, yeah. She isn't even in immediate danger, they just kidnapped her.

No.

Please elaborate on his disintegrating droids. Is that more impressive than crushing them? Who can say? It certainly isn't more than what Anakin can handle, if his own stock TK can produce comparable levels of damage.

Mind you, I'd say Dooku's disarming three nightsisters with his FL is more impressive than disintegrating some humans or droids.

He's fighting technobeasts, he raises his hand and disintegrates a dozen of them. And yes, it's much more impressive than crushing them, he's shredding to millions of pieces. It's a level of destruction a fair few levels beyond merely crushing them. It certainly is more than Anakin can handle.

No, it isn't.

I'm just asking you to clarify exactly what you think Zannah can do with her sorcery, given that she has to contend with multiple duelists at the same time.

She can likely send any of these guys into coma's or drive them insane with her spell. Basically she'll rip their minds apart. She can do this with a thought and gesture.

Skybreaker

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's what Anakin's going to think when he sees two sith lords kidnapping his wife.

Anakin shitstomps.

??? Technobeasts? I do not recall this part. WTF are these technobeasts?

Anakin in No Prisoners holds back an actual storm of that magnitude with the Force, and Padme wasn't being kidnapped. Anakin has also collapsed buildings; I think that's of comparable power; but in either effect, you should know that just deflecting lightning with your lightsaber long enough for one of your teammates to gut Bane is not equivalent to having to actually match it in power.

Given that he was taking on actual Force users rather than beasts or random thugs.

Except you need to prove that she can do this.

FreshestSlice

They just kidnapped her.

just kidnapped her.

just kidnapped

erm

Skybreaker
^seriously, Bane and Zannah are going to die very painful deaths.

Stigma
And let's not pretend it willl be Bane vs. only Anakin.
There are 3 more Jedi here. More likely than not Bane and Zannah are going to fight 1v2 fights.

Nephthys
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's what Anakin's going to think when he sees two sith lords kidnapping his wife.

Anakin shitstomps.

Again, Padme's been in danger and Anakin hasn't gone godmode. It's not really going to matter. It might actually make him more vulnerable to Zannah's mental attack if she's there in person, get him to believe the illusions of her dying more.

No, Anakin gets shitstomped.

??? Technobeasts? I do not recall this part. WTF are these technobeasts?

Cyborgs made out of metal and flesh and powered by the force I think? But the flesh had rotted away by that point so they were just metal.

Anakin in No Prisoners holds back an actual storm of that magnitude with the Force, and Padme wasn't being kidnapped. Anakin has also collapsed buildings; I think that's of comparable power; but in either effect, you should know that just deflecting lightning with your lightsaber long enough for one of your teammates to gut Bane is not equivalent to having to actually match it in power.

I don't know what you're referring to here. He held back a storm of disintegration? I highly doubt that.

Bane collapsed the Lehon Temple. Anakin collapsing a damaged roof involuntarily doesn't mean shit. And no, it's still not comparable to disintegrating a dozen metal opponents with a wave of your hand. Not close.

How can you gut Bane when he's wearing orbalisk armor? erm

Given that he was taking on actual Force users rather than beasts or random thugs.

Lmao. No, Bane's feat is still well better than his. And his lightning is greatly more powerful. Dooku had to attack them when their defenses were down, so them being force users doesn't really matter much.

Except you need to prove that she can do this.

Her mental attack almost defeated Bane, who's willpower is far far greater than these guys. Raskta will likely die if either of these two attack her with the Force and we know Depa is susceptible to mental influence. Anakin obviously is massively mentally unbalanced and easily mindpwned. Shaak Ti is the strongest in terms of mental/Force power combo but still insufficient to resist.

Skybreaker
Again, Padme's been in danger and Anakin hasn't gone godmode.

Please point me to instances where Padme has been kidnapped by sith lords.

Focused rage Anakin is unstoppable. If he still has a clear goal (ie, rescue Padme), he'll godstomp.

No, Anakin is "the strongest" and "the fastest" Jedi "maybe of any generation". wink

Somehow doesn't seem like they're as durable as 20 BBY droids and durasteel rooms, but OK. You still seem to imply that Anakin has to be able to match Bane's power to deflect his FL with his lightsaber, when really he just needs to stand his ground and hold onto his lightsaber. AotC Obi Wan casually does this against Dooku's FL.

You would be wrong, but I don't have the book with me so whtv.

It doesn't have to be comparable. Anakin just has to block it with his lightsaber long enough for someone to lunge in and cut Bane's head off.

Fine, spew his brains out. Same thing.

The difference is, Zonakin's power was enough to literally make Dooku's strength in the Force irrelevant. He's certainly capable of standing his ground long enough for Bane to lose his head.

Nexus doe

It's OK, this is Zonakin, Zonakin solos. Happy Dance

Nephthys
Please point me to instances where Padme has been kidnapped by sith lords.

AotC.

Focused rage Anakin is unstoppable. If he still has a clear goal (ie, rescue Padme), he'll godstomp.

Lmao @ that Anakin wank.

No, Anakin is "the strongest" and "the fastest" Jedi "maybe of any generation". wink

Oh, he's faster than Yoda!? That changes everything!

Not. Obvious hyperbole is obvious. Please keep the Anakin wanking to a minimum. That Anakin is faster than any of the Jedi in his generation doesn't mean he can handle Orbalisk Bane.

Somehow doesn't seem like they're as durable as 20 BBY droids and durasteel rooms, but OK. You still seem to imply that Anakin has to be able to match Bane's power to deflect his FL with his lightsaber, when really he just needs to stand his ground and hold onto his lightsaber. AotC Obi Wan casually does this against Dooku's FL.

No, but Anakin doesn't even approach Bane's level of power and he's never shown himself able to deflect lightning as powerful's Bane's.

Dooku's lightning is just shit. wink

You would be wrong, but I don't have the book with me so whtv.

Dang.

It doesn't have to be comparable. Anakin just has to block it with his lightsaber long enough for someone to lunge in and cut Bane's head off.

He wouldn't be able to block it with his lightsaber. Bane would overwhelm his defenses whilst sidestepping the blow.

Fine, spew his brains out. Same thing.

Nah. It's not that easy to hit someone as fast as Bane.

The difference is, Zonakin's power was enough to literally make Dooku's strength in the Force irrelevant. He's certainly capable of standing his ground long enough for Bane to lose his head.

This isn't Zonakin though. erm

Nexus doe

The power in Lake Natth was sealed until Zannah's final attack. She wasn't drawing on it until that point. And anyway, Bane would have benefited from any nexus Zannah was.

It's OK, this is Zonakin, Zonakin solos. Happy Dance

Nope.

Even if it is, Zonakin didn't demonstrate anything with the Force. I doubt he could defeat, say, Sidious in that state. SO I doubt he could defeat Orbalisk Bane + Zannah. Especially with Zannah fvcking with him. Remember that a mere taunt from Dooku stopped Anakin from being so good and made him freak out. Zannah mentally attacking him would shit on him.

Skybreaker
AotC.

Seriously? That was your example? Comeon now, that was AotC Anakin, and the two weren't even married yet. Nor do a bunch of beasts really compare to two dark lords of the sith.

Anakin is the Chosen One. You need to realize that he is far beyond anyone in the mythos at this point.

Yes.

That's a pretty stupid point given that we never really see Anakin face lightning at this level. We do know that Bane doesn't immediately kill every Jedi he faces with FL.

Anakin still wins though, he's the strongest jedi of any generation.

Ooohh, now he can overwhelm Skywalker's defenses and sidestep a f*cking lightsaber strike now?

When he's FL'ing someone he's basically immobile.

It certainly is.

i don't elieve u and point is zannah's sorcery grew particularly stronger where she couldn't use it before.

Yep.

He did. Read the novel.

That is debateable.

Zonakin =/= Emokin.

-----

In all seriousness, though, I find it very dubious that Darth Bane could overwhelm Anakin from the get-go with FL. He hasn't done this in multiple circumstances against weaker foes. More to the point, even were this a possibility, it becomes a pretty suicidal one when we consider that any moment of vulnerability on Bane's part is invitation for one of the other Jedi to cut his head off, your rather extreme suggestion that he could pull this off while sidestepping the strikes of a Jedi Master aside. Zannah, meanwhile, is hopelessly outnumbered and manages to survive with soresu at the best. I find it dubious that she could pull off her sorcery against these levels of opponents without getting gutted in her moment of weakness.

Nephthys
In all seriousness, though, I find it very dubious that Darth Bane could overwhelm Anakin from the get-go with FL. He hasn't done this in multiple circumstances against weaker foes. More to the point, even were this a possibility, it becomes a pretty suicidal one when we consider that any moment of vulnerability on Bane's part is invitation for one of the other Jedi to cut his head off, your rather extreme suggestion that he could pull this off while sidestepping the strikes of a Jedi Master aside. Zannah, meanwhile, is hopelessly outnumbered and manages to survive with soresu at the best. I find it dubious that she could pull off her sorcery against these levels of opponents without getting gutted in her moment of weakness.

Well he did try to FL the RoT Strike Team but BM Raskta was badass enough to catch the individual bolts of lightning and stop it. Before then he went berserk and just tried to bullrush them because he was pretty pissed off at the time. So that's why he didn't do that. Farfalla for example was utterly vulnerable to his lightning. And Zannah is powerful enough to block his lightning. He did immediately go for it against Cognus' team though. Regardless, your reasoning isn't sufficient to argue that Bane couldn't pwn someone with lightning. I'm not just talking about Anakin. If Bane does Force Storm at the start and kill someone off the bat then the Sith have the clear advantage.

It really isn't a moment of vulnerability. I'm only suggesting he'd do this while they're charging him at the start or if he blasts someone clear with TK or something.

Again, I'm not suggesting she's going to bust out her sorcery with them right up in her face.

Skybreaker
Well he did try to FL the RoT Strike Team but BM Raskta was badass enough to catch the individual bolts of lightning and stop it.

Let's pretend that BM Raskta is on RotS Anakin's level.

When Bane is pissed off, he typically resorts to the Force.

Farfalla is trash-tier in comparison to Anakin.

So, Bane has never overwhelmed anyone of Anakin's level. He fails on multiple occasions to do so against weaker foes. I say you have provided no evidence to make me believe that Bane can pull this off, or, more importantly, do this quickly enough to not get gutted by another Jedi.

I don't see how he can pull this off if they're charging at him...he tries it against Anakin, he gets killed.

Let's look to their duel in RoT, then. Replace Anakin with any of the strike team, and the duo dies. They almost died already to a group that wasn't really on this team's level. Zannah had to take advantage of very particular openings to use her sorcery on a Jedi who was explicitly weak in the Force. The sith are outnumbered; Zannah can't take on the trio, and Bane is going to soon find himself hopelessly outmatched.

Nephthys
Let's pretend that BM Raskta is on RotS Anakin's level.

I'm not feeling generous enough to lower her down for you atm.

When Bane is pissed off, he typically resorts to the Force.

Well he didn't, so...? erm

Farfalla is trash-tier in comparison to Anakin.

Yeah, but he was enhanced by Battle Meditation.

So, Bane has never overwhelmed anyone of Anakin's level. He fails on multiple occasions to do so against weaker foes. I say you have provided no evidence to make me believe that Bane can pull this off, or, more importantly, do this quickly enough to not get gutted by another Jedi.

Zannah is more powerful than Anakin. I don't care if you say that, because you've completely failed to provide any evidence showing that Anakin can block it, while I've proved the strength of Bane's lightning. Seriously dude, you might as well be arguing that Anakin can block Sidious' lightning here. erm

Also theres no reason to think that Bane will specifically target Anakin with his lightning.

Bane isn't going to be gutted. roll eyes (sarcastic)

I don't see how he can pull this off if they're charging at him...he tries it against Anakin, he gets killed.

Well let me paint a picture for you: He raises his hand or hands and blasts Anakin, who tries to block it but the lightning overpowers his defense and fvcks him up. Shaak Ti reaches him and swings at Bane while this is going on and Bane stops and blocks her or fvcking ducks.

Seriously, it's not exactly difficult to figure out bro. erm

It's not as if Lightning is this super intensive technique that requires all his concentration. He lifts his hands and does it at will.

Let's look to their duel in RoT, then. Replace Anakin with any of the strike team, and the duo dies. They almost died already to a group that wasn't really on this team's level. Zannah had to take advantage of very particular openings to use her sorcery on a Jedi who was explicitly weak in the Force. The sith are outnumbered; Zannah can't take on the trio, and Bane is going to soon find himself hopelessly outmatched.

Difference is that Anakin doesn't have Battle Meditation in this fight and none of the rest of his team do either. Zannah is also much more powerful here than she was in RoT. She can blast Raskta and Depa around with TK and her sorcery is much more potent.

Skybreaker
I'm not feeling generous enough to lower her down for you atm.

No, keep going, the more you try, the lower they look to everyone watching.

...he realized that wouldn't work?

BM doesn't magically raise you several tiers in the hierarchy. It provides a palpable, but not overwhelming advantage. In some canon sources it doesn't even provide a tangible physical advantage but just boosts your morale and coordination. Let's not pretend it would propel Farfalla onto the level of Anakin.

Hardly the point. Nobody's suggesting Anakin can match Bane's actualized Force power.

Yeah, you demonstrated that Bane can disintegrate some animal cyborgs. You also demonstrated that Bane fails to use his lightning against much weaker foes than Anakin. All the while, you cleverly sidestep the issue of there being other Jedi to chop Bane's head off whenever the point is brought up.

If he targets someone else, he has Anakin to worry about.

If he just stands there trying to overpower Anakin, he will be.

And you assume this overpowers his defenses...because?

So you just assume that Bane can overpower Anakin's defenses faster than Shaak Ti can reach him and swing her lightsaber because...?

Let me paint another picture for you. Bane tries to zap Anakin with his FL, but Anakin catches it with his palm, laughs, and then redirects it as a Force bomb, exploding and killing Bane and Zannah at the same time. I win, because I can also make unsupported assertions.

Um, if he's trying to overpower Anakin, it certainly takes a lot of concentration. It's not as though Sidious was having a fun time taking on Yoda with it.

Anakin is still more powerful than any member of the strike team Bane and Zannah had faced, and that confrontation should have really gone either way.

Also don't forget that this is Zonakin, he solos, srs.

She will be outnumbered 3 to 1. Nothing suggests she could take them out in such a confrontation; she may be able to survive for a respectable timeframe by virtue of her soresu.

Nephthys
No, keep going, the more you try, the lower they look to everyone watching.

Anakin doesn't have two sabers and can't replicate Raskta's feat, unless you think he can catch a dozen forks of lightning individually with one blade, lol.

(He can't because he's not as fast as her)

...he realized that wouldn't work?

He wasn't exactly tactically assessing the fight at that point. He tried to literally run over them. He obviously could kill anyone except Raskta with lightning though.

BM doesn't magically raise you several tiers in the hierarchy. It provides a palpable, but not overwhelming advantage. In some canon sources it doesn't even provide a tangible physical advantage but just boosts your morale and coordination. Let's not pretend it would propel Farfalla onto the level of Anakin.

I never said that it did or that he was equal to Anakin, I just pointed out that Farfalla wasn't trash tier when enhanced by BM.

Hardly the point. Nobody's suggesting Anakin can match Bane's actualized Force power.

So don't act as if Bane failed to overpower Zannah means he'll fail against Anakin.

Yeah, you demonstrated that Bane can disintegrate some animal cyborgs. You also demonstrated that Bane fails to use his lightning against much weaker foes than Anakin. All the while, you cleverly sidestep the issue of there being other Jedi to chop Bane's head off whenever the point is brought up.

I think you've got your wires crossed. He disintegrated the technobeats (some of which were as large as Rancor's btw, they weren't freaking dog sized or anything) with his TK, not his lightning. He disintegrated other guys with lightning. Keep trying to lowball Bane's lightning though, it's awful amusing. thumb up

No, I'm pretty sure I've stated repeatedly that Anakin's companion won't manage to cut Bane's head off while he's blasting Anakin. I know that it's super difficult to use Force lightning and step to the side at the same time, but I'm comfortable that Bane can manage it. Though with the Orbalisks, he can block a lightsaber by shrugging. roll eyes (sarcastic)

If he targets someone else, he has Anakin to worry about.

Oh no, the horror.

Nevermind that Bane can take a few few hits at the start before they work out the orbalisks.

If he just stands there trying to overpower Anakin, he will be.

That's literally impossible.

And you assume this overpowers his defenses...because?

Because Anakin hasn't demonstrated anywhere near the ability to block lightning of Bane's caliber and any suggestion that he can is baseless speculation?

So you just assume that Bane can overpower Anakin's defenses faster than Shaak Ti can reach him and swing her lightsaber because...?

The Naboo throne room is pretty big? Also it's not as if it'll take very long, lightning is pretty fast.

Let me paint another picture for you. Bane tries to zap Anakin with his FL, but Anakin catches it with his palm, laughs, and then redirects it as a Force bomb, exploding and killing Bane and Zannah at the same time. I win, because I can also make unsupported assertions.

Ok, are we done here? I mean, you've literally got no way to rebut my points now and are just trying to nitpick it apart. I'm getting kind of tired of this slapfight.

Um, if he's trying to overpower Anakin, it certainly takes a lot of concentration. It's not as though Sidious was having a fun time taking on Yoda with it.

No, it doesn't.

Anakin is still more powerful than any member of the strike team Bane and Zannah had faced, and that confrontation should have really gone either way.

I don't give a shit.

Also don't forget that this is Zonakin, he solos, srs.

It isn't and he doesn't.

She will be outnumbered 3 to 1. Nothing suggests she could take them out in such a confrontation; she may be able to survive for a respectable timeframe by virtue of her soresu.

Lmao. You really think Anakin will be able to solo Orbalisk Bane, don't you? Oh my ****ing god....

She'd survive a lot longer against those two than Anakin would against Bane solo. smile

I'm probably not going to bother to respond again. I think I've proven my point by now. If you're seriously suggesting Anakin solo's then I really don't think its worth my time to continue this.

Skybreaker
You still haven't explained why I should believe Bane's lightning can take out Anakin, especially now that you've clarified that the technobeast feat wasn't actually done by his lightning, leaving us just with disintegrating a few flesh and blood humans, a feat inferior to many of Anakin's stock TK demonstrations. You conveniently make excuses for Bane whenever he fails to actually use his allegedly uber-lightning to kill anyone of import. Indeed, you place the burden of proof on me to demonstrate that Anakin can defend against it, and never bother to actually show when Bane has ever overpowered anyone of import with it.

Oh, and "sidestepping" a trained Jedi master swinging at you with a blade isn't the same thing as shuffling your feet to the side. You're now postulating ridiculous abilities of Bane that he's never demonstrated; overwhelm a Jedi far more powerful than any Bane has ever faced FL with, and then sidestep someone else coming in from his blindside just 'cause. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Nephthys
That you actually think Bane disintegrating 2 dudes and turning a Drexyl to charcoal is inferior to Anakin's TK demonstrates exactly why I'm not continuing this. You know that you need several gigajoules of lightning to disintegrate a single person, right?

Skybreaker
That you actually think Bane disintegrating 2 dudes and turning a Drexyl to charcoal is inferior to Anakin's TK demonstrates exactly why I'm not continuing this.

Yeah, as though Anakin's TK hasn't collapsed buildings, or even at the minimum ripped bolted durasteel machinery, or anything. And once again you pass over the fact that Anakin doesn't need to match Bane's strength in the Force.

Speaking as an engineering major, I'd be interested in seeing the calculations you have for this, given that "disintegration" isn't even a definite physical process.

carthage
Without having to quote Neph's arguments which I've already debunked, the Sith get stomped.

Zannah is a non issue and gets destroyed by Shaak Ti and Depa, and Bane isn't good enough to oneshot Anakin with anything. I really doubt the Sith even take one round, if Bane had trouble with Raskta he is going to get stomped by Anakin and Shaak Ti (both outskill him and are comparably powerful). The Sith lose

Vorpal Ruin
I think the strike team will win, but will sustain casualties.

It is entertaining to see how high Bane and Zannah are currently being held in regard, though.

Stigma
Originally posted by Vorpal Ruin
It is entertaining to see how high Bane and Zannah are currently being held in regard, though.
Only by *some* people.

carthage
I doubt that. Raskta would lose to Bane, but it would take Zannah a long time for her to implement her illusions on to her seeing as she has to gather her power and even without an amp Raskta and Depa are more skilled. Ti would crush Zannah in a saber duel, and Anakin could ragdoll her while the Jedi hold Bane off or kill him via superior numbers.

The Sith are outnumbered, outskilled (massively), and Bane's nexus feats are doing nothing for him here

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.